[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can the Knicks turn it around?
Author Thread
knickgeek
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #46
USA
12/23/2001  1:00 PM
Okay, these are dark days for Knick fans. Our loyalty is being tested. We're torn between supporting our team and criticizing the boneheaded moves of ownership, management, and players alike.

But can they turn it around? The Wizards had an eight game losing streak, but they have definitely turned it around. What about the Knicks? Can they do it? Does anyone see any bright spots in the in this dreary picture?

I think we definitely miss Van Gundy. I don't want to blame the team's problems on Chaney because they clearly preceded his being made head coach, and I sort of think Van Gundy bailed out because he could see what was coming.

I think Mark Jackson has been playing much better, but has made critical mistakes late in games - throwing the pass over Sprewell's head in that devastating loss to the Grizlies for example - Spree's been amazing at times, Houston in a stupor most of the time, Camby essential but delicate, Thomas petulant, Ward's about the same, Harrington doing very well, Knight doing better with more playing time but he's clumsy with the ball, isn't he?

Where is the quiet, mature leadership? Like others, I miss LJ, but he's gone. Who will step up?

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/23/2001  4:08 PM
Of course this team will turn it around. They're a veteran team that has the essentials to step it up when it counts. As long as you have Sprewell, Houston, and Camby you're going to win, but we need something else that will step the team up another notch.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/23/2001  4:25 PM
I think they'll turn it around. They just haven't had luck. They lost the Celtics game because of one missed free throw, they lost the Pistons came because Spree's shot when an inch further then it should've, that's two games right there that would take them out of this slump. I think Chaney has to take the initiative and get Houston the ball more, tell Jackson to get it to Houston. In the beginning of the games he always hits, and then he never even touches the ball in the 2nd and 3rd, Chaney has to keep him in there.
#Knickstaps
knickgeek
Member: #46
USA
12/23/2001  4:38 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

I think they'll turn it around. They just haven't had luck. They lost the Celtics game because of one missed free throw, they lost the Pistons came because Spree's shot when an inch further then it should've, that's two games right there that would take them out of this slump. I think Chaney has to take the initiative and get Houston the ball more, tell Jackson to get it to Houston. In the beginning of the games he always hits, and then he never even touches the ball in the 2nd and 3rd, Chaney has to keep him in there.

Yeah, maybe you're right about Houston. He was doing a great job of drawing fouls in the first quarter against the Wizards (Thomas and Camby looked good too, in the first quarter.) I thought they'd get the ball to Houston on that play where Spree stepped out of bounds. Spree was not having a good night.
Caseloads
Member: #41
12/23/2001  6:00 PM
Posted by knickgeek:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Yeah, maybe you're right about Houston. He was doing a great job of drawing fouls in the first quarter against the Wizards (Thomas and Camby looked good too, in the first quarter.) I thought they'd get the ball to Houston on that play where Spree stepped out of bounds. Spree was not having a good night.
Allan Houston and Shandon Anderson for Alonzo Mourning and capjunk.
Then Eisley/Ward + Othella Harrington/Weatherspoon for Marc Jax and Bobby Sura/Junk.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/23/2001  6:56 PM
Hm, I guess you would have Grant playing center in Miami?

It's not a bad idea but Miami wouldn't do that in a million years. I guess they are keeping their fingers crossed that Mourning will get healthy 100%.

Getting Grant might be plausible and I for one would welcome it.

I like Marc, bring him on. Unless Sura has a long contract though.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/31/2001  6:41 PM
Don't fool yourselves guys, we are what we are, a inconsistent average team... Other teams are getting better and we are saddled with overpaid role players. Either a series of well thoughtout trades will give us a chance or lets start the rebuilding process...This team is just not that good...I think 30 games is enough for me to see that...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/31/2001  7:52 PM
This is basically the team that we are stuck with, for the season, at least.

Have faith! We can turn it around!
We suck.
LoveNetsKnicks
Member: #185
12/31/2001  8:06 PM
I live in NJ and work in NY so I root for BOTH the Knicks and Nets (I must be a one-of-a-breed). I have stuck with the Nets through the past and I am not about to desert the Knicks now they are struggling. But folks, we have to face reality. Layden and his bunch of bazookas made a series of dumb trades and contracts, locking in mediocrity for the long-term. There's only one tri-state team going to the playoffs this year and it ain't the Knicks. The Knicks will improve... but it is going to take time. No single trade will fix it.
vinzie27
Member: #129
1/1/2002  11:11 AM
im skeptical about a turnaround. I have not seen consistant defense from them at all. They used to win scoring in the 80's and recently it seems like they need to score 90+ in order to win. I think their offense is somewhat better, they are scoring more. But what happened to their defense? If they are going to turn this team around its going to start with defense and that means houston has to step up on his defense. There is too much help defense and double teams and not enough rotations. Im so sick of open outside jumpers and 3's. With JVG a turnaround would be more likely. Chaney has also got to put emphasis on defense instead of running.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/1/2002  3:48 PM
Who knows maybe they will turn it around this month against the good teams. They better because as far as i know, january is probably the hardest month of the year. They play very few poor teams.
Can the Knicks turn it around?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy