Jennings should've fouled him before wall left him in quicksand
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/19/2017  10:32 PM
Melo was ICE COLD in the 2nd half and we kept going to him! We ran NOTHING for KP to get some easy looks! It's really pissin me of when I watch Jason Smith getting easy Pick n Pop looks all game!!! The Knicks don't do anything to get KP going!!!
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/19/2017  10:32 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:This is Melo's team. Melo as the man gets you this. I don't care. He'll hit 2 game winners and screw up 20 in the process but many will still love how he plays.

Rosen was spot on about him. Phil knows as well, but with the NTC it is what it is.

I am happy with the effort. I'm happy KP looked healthy and especially happy with his defense late in the game as a 5. That's the way to play, KP as a 5.

Horny coached a good game. Feel for him,

In the end, Melo has the Knicks by the balls until he waives that NTC or decides to defer share his control of the team. Just no way they should have been going to a cold Melo as much as they did in that 2nd half. I'm amazed how many seasons the Knicks have to watch this crap before it will change.

So now you don't want Melo to pass to the open man?

Melo controls and holds the ball too much just stalls the offense. No one knows what he's going to do, not even KP. I never care about how much he shoots. He dominates the ball. Worse is he dominates the ball in a way that the defense sets in and makes it easier to defend. Teammates don't know when he will pass or not. If he were Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan good, I wouldn't care. He would dominate. If he were Lebron. Again ok. He's Melo. A guy who can't lead you to wins. It's been proven time and time again, season after season, yet somehow the Knicks fans have to suffer through this.

What Melo has to become to be a winning ball player is be more of a catch and shoot player, and make his shot or move within 3-4 seconds of catching the ball. This is how Golden State plays winning ball. This is how most of the better teams play. I am not Rose's biggest fan, but Rose makes his move quick. He isolates often like Melo, but the difference in Rose is that he goes straight to the basket and draws the defense in. I don't like the tunnel vision Rose can get when driving to the hoop, but the good is he makes the quick. Not stalling. Melo ball is always stalling.

At this point I don't even care. I was expecting this - a close loss. I liked we showed energy. We showed we cared even tired. 4th game in 5 nights. We're playing with intensity. Our offense was real good outside of the feed and watch Melo ball. We missed many 3 pointers that were open, I can live with those.

We need to keep playing this way, cut down the Melo iso ball. Melo can shoot 20 times a game but he needs to do them in catch and shoot, dribble off screen sets and pull ups, and quick turn arounds or post ups. No stalling. We run a great offense outside of this. Defensively I can't expect miracles but I'm seeing some life in this team. 19-25, and playoffs are not maybe looking good, but I have a good feeling about us if we keep playing this hard.

I'm even liking KP off the bench, but we need to run more plays for him. Our bench looks fantastic with KP, Lee, Jennings, Holiday.

If KP can come in and play 12 to 15 straight minute stretches off the bench, I'm fine with it. He looked really good energy wise today.

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say! He holds the ball and the offense stagnates when he gets it. No reason to hold the ball there on the last possession. And, secondly, yes, I said this earlier: Melo is a catch n shoot player at this stage of his career. If he has the hot hand, fine. But the ISO Melo bull**** needs to stop!

nixluva
USA
1/19/2017  10:33 PM
Wall got easy buckets for Gortat and Jason Smith! Where are the highlights from Rose to KP???
sealy
Member: #3291
USA
1/19/2017  10:33 PM
callmened wrote:anyone else notice wall double dribbled on that last layup?

yeah behind the back and grabbed the ball w/ both hands.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/19/2017  10:35 PM
Wizards couldn't stop DRose / KP pick and roll. So of course we go ice cold Iso Melo on the last two possessions. Makes no sense.
¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22

crzymdups wrote:Wizards couldn't stop DRose / KP pick and roll. So of course we go ice cold Iso Melo on the last two possessions. Makes no sense.

This.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

meloshouldgo wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:This is Melo's team. Melo as the man gets you this. I don't care. He'll hit 2 game winners and screw up 20 in the process but many will still love how he plays.

Rosen was spot on about him. Phil knows as well, but with the NTC it is what it is.

I am happy with the effort. I'm happy KP looked healthy and especially happy with his defense late in the game as a 5. That's the way to play, KP as a 5.

In the end, Melo has the Knicks by the balls until he waives that NTC or decides to defer share his control of the team. Just no way they should have been going to a cold Melo as much as they did in that 2nd half. I'm amazed how many seasons the Knicks have to watch this crap before it will change.

The whole Melo brigade will try to make this about Lee missing the shot after Melo wasted the clock. Melo can do no wrong.

Melo has bad game and sits on bench a lot we win on the road at Boston
Melo breaks scoring record, we lose at home.

This ain't rocket science

Awesome point. And Knicks win how many games without Melo? This is why haterrs dont get any respect. You blame a loss on a bad shot here or him holing it for 3 seconds, in spite of getting Lee an open shot. If he didnt pass? But you ignore the part if not for his 25 we would have been blown out of this game tonight. And oh yeah, leave out that Washington scored 100 ****in points in 3 quarters! All on him. Ofcourse you dont mention that we could not guard the PnR. Oh and btw the Knicks gave up how many points when Melo came back in 4th? But its not just hate cloud.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SocraticBallin22

1/19/2017  10:36 PM
At least we found our best unit going forward out of this game: BJ, Rose, Lee, Melo, KP.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
1/19/2017  10:36 PM
I missed the game tonight. I was able to listen a little but not home to see it end.

Looking at the box score, I am confused as to why WillyHG did not play? Was he available? I see Plumlee got some time but not Willy.

He had 17 and 1ast night and coul match up with Gortat too!

So Ingather it was ISO Melo at the end again? He will never learn.

crzymdups
USA
1/19/2017  10:37 PM
nixluva wrote:Wall got easy buckets for Gortat and Jason Smith! Where are the highlights from Rose to KP???

You do realize Wall and Gortat have been playing together for four years now?

KP and Rose have less than 30 games on the court together and no training camp.

It took Wall and Gortat years to learn the timing on the pick and roll.

Also the pick and roll between KP and Rose was getting Rose drives to the hoop the entire 4th quarter because the Wizards were afraid to leave KP.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Wizards couldn't stop DRose / KP pick and roll. So of course we go ice cold Iso Melo on the last two possessions. Makes no sense.

This.

Rose had 2 assists, must have missed that part.

holfresh
Member: #1081

nixluva wrote:Melo was ICE COLD in the 2nd half and we kept going to him! We ran NOTHING for KP to get some easy looks! It's really pissin me of when I watch Jason Smith getting easy Pick n Pop looks all game!!! The Knicks don't do anything to get KP going!!!

Is that the coach?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/19/2017  10:38 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

The whole Melo brigade will try to make this about Lee missing the shot after Melo wasted the clock. Melo can do no wrong.

Awesome point. And Knicks win how many games without Melo? This is why haterrs dont get any respect. You blame a loss on a bad shot here or him holing it for 3 seconds, in spite of getting Lee an open shot. If he didnt pass? But you ignore the part if not for his 25 we would have been blown out of this game tonight. And oh yeah, leave out that Washington scored 100 ****in points in 3 quarters! All on him. Ofcourse you dont mention that we could not guard the PnR. Oh and btw the Knicks gave up how many points when Melo came back in 4th? But its not just hate cloud.

LOL

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
SocraticBallin22

1/19/2017  10:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2017  10:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Last 2 possessions. These are the possessions in close games that win or lose you games.

1) Melo takes a terribe, contested jumper on the baseline--long rebound fast break dunk by Wall--now down 3. Bad decision.

2) Down 3, 13 seconds left. You need a drive with a quick 2 or a kick out for 3. The one thing you DON'T want to do is hold onto the ball and milk the clock down 3. You need a quick decision. We don't even get a shot off. Bad decision.

That's how you lose games, folks.

crzymdups
USA
1/19/2017  10:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

This.

Rose had 2 assists, must have missed that part.

The Wizards were sticking like glue to KP. It set up Rose for drives to the rim.

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/19/2017  10:39 PM

Kenny Smith just said the Knicks never stick with what works..

Smith thinks the Knicks could be better with better offensive and defensive schemes..

I'm tired..

HofstraBBall

1/19/2017  10:39 PM
Anyone that ignores giving up 100 points in 3 and is blaming the loss on offense should give up talking Basketball.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
USA
1/19/2017  10:41 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

This.

That was frustrating to watch. We need more Rose/KP PnR. Not LESS!!! Once we went away from forcing it into Melo, the ball movement came back but still this team hasn't been OUTCLASSED in many of these losses. They've been Out-Executed. Other team simply execute properly to close out these games. The Knicks make mistakes and poor decisions!!!
HofstraBBall

1/19/2017  10:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2017  10:42 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Last 2 possessions. These are the possessions in close games that win or lose you games.

1) Melo takes a terribe, contested jumper on the baseline--long rebound fast break dunk by Wall--now down 3. Bad decision.

2) Down 3, 13 seconds left. You need a drive with a quick 2 or a kick out for 3. The one thing you DON'T want to do is hold onto the ball and milk the clock down 3. You need a quick decision. We don't even get a shot off. Bad decision.

That's how you lose games, folks.

SEE POST ABOVE

GameThread: KP back tonight v WAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy