GameThread: KP back tonight v WAS
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/19/2017  10:21 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Can someone tell me what Melo was doing on that last possession?!? Please? You Melo sympathizers?

Holding the ball down 3 with 13 seconds to go and then driving to the basket late, down 3 and kicking out?

Melo lost us this game. 2 bonehead decisions in a row. He is a loser. You cannot win with him. OMFG

Lee had a wide open three...No.?

Are you kidding me? You don't hold the ball and dribble down 3 with 13 seconds left at home. You make a quick decision, so you can possibly get another possession. You don't dribble it out and then drive like a jackass down 3? He had no idea what he was doing. The ball should have been in Rose's hands, anyway. WTF? This assclown needs to go!

Rose? Yeah no. when was the last time Rose kicked it out? Melo drove to bring defender to him. Passed to our best 3pt. shooter. And he had the shot but passed.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

shouldve ran a danm play..Melo Is horrrible
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
There was enough time for lee to pass up an open 3
PURE KNICKS LOVE
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:This is Melo's team. Melo as the man gets you this. I don't care. He'll hit 2 game winners and screw up 20 in the process but many will still love how he plays.

Rosen was spot on about him. Phil knows as well, but with the NTC it is what it is.

I am happy with the effort. I'm happy KP looked healthy and especially happy with his defense late in the game as a 5. That's the way to play, KP as a 5.

Horny coached a good game. Feel for him,

In the end, Melo has the Knicks by the balls until he waives that NTC or decides to defer share his control of the team. Just no way they should have been going to a cold Melo as much as they did in that 2nd half. I'm amazed how many seasons the Knicks have to watch this crap before it will change.

So now you don't want Melo to pass to the open man?

Why was Melo holding the ball? He has no concept of clock or situation. Down 3. 13 seconds. You drive quick for 2 or kick. Not pound the rock, man!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/19/2017  10:22 PM
nixluva wrote:Knicks still have to work on getting KP more involved. There just wasting his minutes by running NOTHING for KP.

Agreed. Hopefully when he moves to the 5 full time next game they will start to target his mismatches.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/19/2017  10:23 PM
Wall had as many assists in one minute, as Rose did in the entire game. I realize that some guys weren't hitting shots, but not to the point where 2 assists is condonable.

If we had a PG who could get to the rim, play some D, and average 7 assists, we could be a sleeper team. Jeff Teague would be a nice trade for Rose. Rose gets to go back to the midwest, closer to home, we get a legit PG. Don't know if its doable.

holfresh
Member: #1081

SocraticBallin22 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Can someone tell me what Melo was doing on that last possession?!? Please? You Melo sympathizers?

Holding the ball down 3 with 13 seconds to go and then driving to the basket late, down 3 and kicking out?

Melo lost us this game. 2 bonehead decisions in a row. He is a loser. You cannot win with him. OMFG

Are you kidding me? You don't hold the ball and dribble down 3 with 13 seconds left at home. You make a quick decision, so you can possibly get another possession. You don't dribble it out and then drive like a jackass down 3? He had no idea what he was doing. The ball should have been in Rose's hands, anyway. WTF? This assclown needs to go!

Blinded by hate...10 other posters will tell you Lee was wide open..

You're missing the point, bro? Why was he, in essence, dribbling it out before making his move? It was dumb as hell!

The dumb thing would be to take a contested shot when he could get a 40% shooter from the three, a wide open look...
SocraticBallin22

HofstraBBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Rose? Yeah no. when was the last time Rose kicked it out? Melo drove to bring defender to him. Passed to our best 3pt. shooter. And he had the shot but passed.

And how about the play before that put us down 3? He took a long, contested jumper on the baseline, totally out of the offense, which caromed to Wall for a fast break dunk. Another dumb decision.

AboveDaRim1115
Member: #6422

1/19/2017  10:24 PM
LEE HAD A OPEN THREE, OMG!!!!
⏳It will be better once Dolan is gone!!!🚨
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/19/2017  10:25 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:This is Melo's team. Melo as the man gets you this. I don't care. He'll hit 2 game winners and screw up 20 in the process but many will still love how he plays.

Rosen was spot on about him. Phil knows as well, but with the NTC it is what it is.

I am happy with the effort. I'm happy KP looked healthy and especially happy with his defense late in the game as a 5. That's the way to play, KP as a 5.

In the end, Melo has the Knicks by the balls until he waives that NTC or decides to defer share his control of the team. Just no way they should have been going to a cold Melo as much as they did in that 2nd half. I'm amazed how many seasons the Knicks have to watch this crap before it will change.

The whole Melo brigade will try to make this about Lee missing the shot after Melo wasted the clock. Melo can do no wrong.

Melo has bad game and sits on bench a lot we win on the road at Boston
Melo breaks scoring record, we lose at home.

This ain't rocket science

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/19/2017  10:26 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
holfresh wrote:

And how about the play before that put us down 3? He took a long, contested jumper on the baseline, totally out of the offense, which caromed to Wall for a fast break dunk. Another dumb decision.

Yeah that was the shot that really killed this game. Melo has to make sure he gets a GREAT shot or gets fouled in that situation. Not take an out of rhythm shot when he teammates weren't even ready for him to shoot it.

AboveDaRim1115

1/19/2017  10:26 PM
WTF LEE!!!!, I think melo was saying Courtney when he was disgusted about the situation. That's why Horny took him out of the lineup...Shoot the F'n BALL!!!!
SocraticBallin22

1/19/2017  10:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

The whole Melo brigade will try to make this about Lee missing the shot after Melo wasted the clock. Melo can do no wrong.

Melo has bad game and sits on bench a lot we win on the road at Boston
Melo breaks scoring record, we lose at home.

This ain't rocket science

Thank you! He went ISO Melo and wasted the clock down 3 with 13 seconds left. That's the point! Everyone is missing the point, here! Even if Lee shot and made it, I'd still be pissed b/c it was terrible execution. Rose should have had the ball pick n roll, not Melo!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/19/2017  10:27 PM
CLee had more time on that three than most of Otto Porter's looks. He had to shoot that. It was a good play by Melo to get him the shot.

Knicks confidence is shook. No one wanted to shoot that last shot.

I think overall they played better. But the close outs on threes are killing them.

Though I gotta say - do you think opposing teams get up to play the Knicks or something? I feel like they just don't miss at the garden. It's like every team in the league hits three after three against us. I watch other games around the league - guys miss better looks all the damn time. Against us? It's like the hoops at the garden are an inch wider for our opposition somehow.

¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22

1/19/2017  10:28 PM
And, btw, we lost the game when Melo took that godawful shot on the baseline leading the one man fast break by the fastest player in the NBA.
Gudris
Member: #6213

1/19/2017  10:29 PM
cool off, we where down -16 on 4th, so its good we even get this close
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

anyone else notice wall double dribbled on that last layup?
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AboveDaRim1115

Rose don't shoot three's, you mean pick and roll with Melo and porzingis
SocraticBallin22

Barkley just said you need a quick 2 there. I agree. If Melo was going to drive it, drive it right away--don't ****ing milk the clock!
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/19/2017  10:30 PM
holfresh wrote:

So now you don't want Melo to pass to the open man?

Melo controls and holds the ball too much just stalls the offense. No one knows what he's going to do, not even KP. I never care about how much he shoots. He dominates the ball. Worse is he dominates the ball in a way that the defense sets in and makes it easier to defend. Teammates don't know when he will pass or not. If he were Kobe Bryant or Michael Jordan good, I wouldn't care. He would dominate. If he were Lebron. Again ok. He's Melo. A guy who can't lead you to wins. It's been proven time and time again, season after season, yet somehow the Knicks fans have to suffer through this.

What Melo has to become to be a winning ball player is be more of a catch and shoot player, and make his shot or move within 3-4 seconds of catching the ball. This is how Golden State plays winning ball. This is how most of the better teams play. I am not Rose's biggest fan, but Rose makes his move quick. He isolates often like Melo, but the difference in Rose is that he goes straight to the basket and draws the defense in. I don't like the tunnel vision Rose can get when driving to the hoop, but the good is he makes the quick. Not stalling. Melo ball is always stalling.

At this point I don't even care. I was expecting this - a close loss. I liked we showed energy. We showed we cared even tired. 4th game in 5 nights. We're playing with intensity. Our offense was real good outside of the feed and watch Melo ball. We missed many 3 pointers that were open, I can live with those.

We need to keep playing this way, cut down the Melo iso ball. Melo can shoot 20 times a game but he needs to do them in catch and shoot, dribble off screen sets and pull ups, and quick turn arounds or post ups. No stalling. We run a great offense outside of this. Defensively I can't expect miracles but I'm seeing some life in this team. 19-25, and playoffs are not maybe looking good, but I have a good feeling about us if we keep playing this hard.

I'm even liking KP off the bench, but we need to run more plays for him. Our bench looks fantastic with KP, Lee, Jennings, Holiday.

If KP can come in and play 12 to 15 straight minute stretches off the bench, I'm fine with it. He looked really good energy wise today.

GameThread: KP back tonight v WAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy