[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Harry & Lloyd vs Celtics
Author Thread
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/18/2017  10:13 PM
we outrebounded them 57 to 33, when was the last time we had a 24 rebound advantage!?!?!?!?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/18/2017  10:15 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Okay...I'll be the first one to say it, but Noah has to eventually be fazed out. When KP comes back, he will start at the 5, with Melo at the 4, and we can continue this lethal spread attack. With the way that Willy and Plumlee has played tonight, I don't really see Noah's role on this team going forward?

I get what you are saying but it is just one game.

COME ON MAN!!! You know in your heart this is the way this team has to play!

This was a lot different from the Bulls win. It seems like it could be sustainable.

You think Rose hitting mid range jumpers at a high clip is sustainable? Play small is definitely the way to go though but I think it will be a mixture of success.

I just do not think we as fans can count on players on this team to be consistent.

This is all part of the process that I noted in the Bulls game. Jeff has moved the team in his direction and it's obvious that with the right guys playing this stuff works!!!

As for Rose. It's not really about Rose being able to duplicate exactly what he did in this game, but I'll tell you that he's capable of making those shots. More important was all the other stuff that happened in this game that you seem to be forgetting about.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/18/2017  10:15 PM
One of the things Rose does which is a team chemistry killer is when his man goes off he starts blaming teammates for their lack of help after the screen. What guys like Baker can do is they relieve that pressure off Rose. Rose can play as a natural 2. If Jennings starts, I think we see too much dribbling contests between Jennings and Rose and Melo. Really like the chemistry of Baker/Kuz with Melo/Rose. Two guys that completely off set what Melo/Rose do.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/18/2017  10:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This feels like it could be a season turning win.

Noah needs to stay on the bench. (Maybe Lance Thomas too?)

Lance fits in well - but he's a stretch 4 as well in my book. Not quick enough at 3. I like him a ton at 4. At full strength this would be my rotation

Porzingis (28) Willy/O'Quinn/Plumlee (20)
Melo (30) Thomas (18)
Kuz (28) Lee (20)
Rose (32) Holiday (16)
Baker (24) Jennings (24)

Had we known all this from season start, and worked this plan from training camp, I fully believe we'd be top 4 in the East. Did people see how easy it was for Rose to get baskets with good spacing? How many open 3's are generated when you have players like Rose, Jennings, Melo who can draw attention. It's a travesty we're 19-24 because talent wise this team is only weaker than Cleveland and Toronto in my opinion.

I agree with most of this, but NO WAY Baker gets 24 minutes a night and splits time with BJ. Also, Holiday and Lee need a bump in minutes.

Baker is tough as hell. I'm telling you, watch what he did defensively. He took complete pressure off Rose to defend Thomas. He is a decent outside shooter and runs the offense the way Horny wants. Rose can go into full time natural shooting guard mode. Chemistry with Kuz and Baker as starters is very good. And I want to develop players like those for next season. Don't care much about Lee getting extra minutes or Holiday, as Lee is a vet who has maxed his potential and Holiday could be lost in free agency (altough I would love to keep him).

LOL Baker had 4 fouls in 11min, -9 in +/-.

CLee played 38min and guarded Isaiah Thomas most of the second half and almost had a triple double 9pts 8rebs 7ast, +18 in +/-.

I mean... c'mon.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

nyknickzingis wrote:One of the things Rose does which is a team chemistry killer is when his man goes off he starts blaming teammates for their lack of help after the screen. What guys like Baker can do is they relieve that pressure off Rose. Rose can play as a natural 2. If Jennings starts, I think we see too much dribbling contests between Jennings and Rose and Melo. Really like the chemistry of Baker/Kuz with Melo/Rose. Two guys that completely off set what Melo/Rose do.

+100

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

Horford was 2/14 with 10 assists, but shot 8 f'n 3s, going 1/8, and did not have a single foul in 34 minutes.

Rebounding is down, too. $26+M/year guy...Is he overpaid?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/18/2017  10:18 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:One of the things Rose does which is a team chemistry killer is when his man goes off he starts blaming teammates for their lack of help after the screen. What guys like Baker can do is they relieve that pressure off Rose. Rose can play as a natural 2. If Jennings starts, I think we see too much dribbling contests between Jennings and Rose and Melo. Really like the chemistry of Baker/Kuz with Melo/Rose. Two guys that completely off set what Melo/Rose do.

Yes and I think Jeff's instincts about that have been proven right so far. You can see the team getting the hang of playing like this. I mark the start at the Bulls game, when I noticed Jeff switched things up and even tho they lost the next game you can see he wasn't shaken by that and stuck to his guns about how this team needs to play. Noah not being out there only enhanced the team's ability to play Jeff's style of ball.

crzymdups
USA
1/18/2017  10:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2017  10:18 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Horford was 2/14 with 10 assists, but shot 8 f'n 3s, going 1/8, and did not have a single foul in 34 minutes.

Rebounding is down, too. $26+M/year guy...Is he overpaid?

I honestly think that's the system Boston plays - they want him shooting jumpers and passing the ball to leave the lane open for their guards and finding cutters. It's not really his game - the constant jumpshooting, he obviously can pass. He might be a sort of awkward fit for him there.

¿ △ ?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/18/2017  10:19 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Okay...I'll be the first one to say it, but Noah has to eventually be fazed out. When KP comes back, he will start at the 5, with Melo at the 4, and we can continue this lethal spread attack. With the way that Willy and Plumlee has played tonight, I don't really see Noah's role on this team going forward?

Haha, I mean I agree with you... but there have been like five threads the past two days saying to bench Noah.

Okay, so maybe I was not the first one. But what I'm saying to further add to the point...don't know what Noah's role is going forward? Willy needs his minutes; he's such a special offensive player and Plumlee is a young, stronger Noah with some offensive game.

Really?? Plumlee doesn't have the defense of Noah

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
crzymdups
USA
1/18/2017  10:20 PM
Plumlee's energy is infectious - have to give him credit for that. I don't think of him as much of a long-term prospect, but he always seems to elevate the other guys around him with his play and energy.
¿ △ ?
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/18/2017  10:23 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Lance fits in well - but he's a stretch 4 as well in my book. Not quick enough at 3. I like him a ton at 4. At full strength this would be my rotation

Melo (30) Thomas (18)
Kuz (28) Lee (20)
Rose (32) Holiday (16)
Baker (24) Jennings (24)

Had we known all this from season start, and worked this plan from training camp, I fully believe we'd be top 4 in the East. Did people see how easy it was for Rose to get baskets with good spacing? How many open 3's are generated when you have players like Rose, Jennings, Melo who can draw attention. It's a travesty we're 19-24 because talent wise this team is only weaker than Cleveland and Toronto in my opinion.

I agree with most of this, but NO WAY Baker gets 24 minutes a night and splits time with BJ. Also, Holiday and Lee need a bump in minutes.

Baker is tough as hell. I'm telling you, watch what he did defensively. He took complete pressure off Rose to defend Thomas. He is a decent outside shooter and runs the offense the way Horny wants. Rose can go into full time natural shooting guard mode. Chemistry with Kuz and Baker as starters is very good. And I want to develop players like those for next season. Don't care much about Lee getting extra minutes or Holiday, as Lee is a vet who has maxed his potential and Holiday could be lost in free agency (altough I would love to keep him).

Wake up! Baker 0 points 5 fouls.. He can't play against top talent in this league. Baker to the bench. We will call you at next blow out
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/18/2017  10:24 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Haha, I mean I agree with you... but there have been like five threads the past two days saying to bench Noah.

Okay, so maybe I was not the first one. But what I'm saying to further add to the point...don't know what Noah's role is going forward? Willy needs his minutes; he's such a special offensive player and Plumlee is a young, stronger Noah with some offensive game.

Really?? Plumlee doesn't have the defense of Noah

Which Noah are you talking about? The Noah of 3 years ago? Then I would agree--no way! The broken down Noah of this year? Ahhhhhh...

nyknickzingis

1/18/2017  10:25 PM
Plumlee's screen setting is great. Hustle. Nothing else really. DRose needs those screens. Gives him so much more space. Melo as well. KP could learn from Plumlee how to set screens. KP's screens are way too soft. He needs to learn how to set better screens. Will make him an even more valuable 5.
nyknickzingis

1/18/2017  10:29 PM
nixluva wrote:

Yes and I think Jeff's instincts about that have been proven right so far. You can see the team getting the hang of playing like this. I mark the start at the Bulls game, when I noticed Jeff switched things up and even tho they lost the next game you can see he wasn't shaken by that and stuck to his guns about how this team needs to play. Noah not being out there only enhanced the team's ability to play Jeff's style of ball.

It's just about chemistry. If one player is keen on dribbling and make a play for themselves, you want a guy next to him who is more comfortable spotting up and moving the ball in the right direction. Baker and Kuz would not be starters on a team where the ball is shared equally or there aren't ball dominant/high usage players. In Melo and Rose we have 2 high usage ball dominant players. I think Baker/Kuz suit them well. Now whether they can keep it up, IDK. They are rookies after all. They do have the skills and effort I like and I think role players need around Melo/Rose.
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/18/2017  10:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/18/2017  10:30 PM
Boston fans booing Melo..They want him to don the Green..
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/18/2017  10:39 PM
lee going to the second unit is huge. the guy is more of a factor for that second unit and actually brought it on defense nice passing.

willy is a offensive talent he dominated the celtics bigs and is a really good rebounder.

baker on thomas is tough refs give that guy everything and still in 11 minutes he affected IT's shots on defense he is fearless.

marshall knows how to set the picks and bring the energy we need that guy to play more he's like a younger bigger, more athletic noah.Plum was loud calling out the plays and plays great defense on pick and rolls... I'm a big supporter of more PT for plum

for the first time our good defense kick started our offense if we play defense like tonight

Melo hit clutch shots and passed, that pass to kuz on the baseline was magic esq. he had a premadona moment when a ball landed right in front of him with no effort to grab the rebound that was his only negative.

Rose was MVP rose tonight more transition and attacking played good defense. guys like marshall and baker play a huge part in getting everyone to d up they talk and our loud on defense this team and guys like rose and melo need that.

Kuz is the man future big piece of the puzzle another high energy fighter and the sharp shooter you need in this starting line up he's fearless.

Holiday was great hitting his open looks and pushing the tempo tonight and really picked it up on defense .

good rest for melo & kuz& baker tonight three important starters.

we got to keep running running running, I feel phil finally gave jeff the keys to run his offense.

fwk00
Member: #6048

1/18/2017  11:14 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Melo (30) Thomas (18)
Kuz (28) Lee (20)
Rose (32) Holiday (16)
Baker (24) Jennings (24)

CLee played 38min and guarded Isaiah Thomas most of the second half and almost had a triple double 9pts 8rebs 7ast, +18 in +/-.

I mean... c'mon.

Baker's mission was very different from Lee's. Baker [and Plumlee] were out there to put a hard defensive body on their cover. Isiah would have gotten those fouls on whoever was playing him. At least Baker made him work and work harder in the time he was on the floor. Isiah's reputation was as a fourth quarter messiah for the Celtics. That didn't happen tonight and you can give partial credit to Baker for that. Plumlee also disrupted Isiah's shots throughout that second half.

Baker is an excellent role player prospect - that's all he has to be to stick around. Putting him down because he's not Magic Johnson is idiocy. He's a very nice player to have for specific needs [say tough defense]. And Baker took a lot of responsibility off of Rose's shoulders tonight. The result was tangible.

crzymdups
USA
1/18/2017  11:19 PM
fwk00 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Melo (30) Thomas (18)
Kuz (28) Lee (20)
Rose (32) Holiday (16)
Baker (24) Jennings (24)

I mean... c'mon.

Baker's mission was very different from Lee's. Baker [and Plumlee] were out there to put a hard defensive body on their cover. Isiah would have gotten those fouls on whoever was playing him. At least Baker made him work and work harder in the time he was on the floor. Isiah's reputation was as a fourth quarter messiah for the Celtics. That didn't happen tonight and you can give partial credit to Baker for that. Plumlee also disrupted Isiah's shots throughout that second half.

Baker is an excellent role player prospect - that's all he has to be to stick around. Putting him down because he's not Magic Johnson is idiocy. He's a very nice player to have for specific needs [say tough defense]. And Baker took a lot of responsibility off of Rose's shoulders tonight. The result was tangible.

I never said anything negative against Baker. I like him just fine. He did a good job as a role player and I made a thread several days ago saying Lee should come off the bench.

I was responding to this:

"Don't care much about Lee getting extra minutes or Holiday, as Lee is a vet who has maxed his potential and Holiday could be lost in free agency (altough I would love to keep him)."

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/18/2017  11:20 PM
fwk00 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Melo (30) Thomas (18)
Kuz (28) Lee (20)
Rose (32) Holiday (16)
Baker (24) Jennings (24)

I mean... c'mon.

And he fits with the starting line up. Lee fits well with Jennings and the second unit. Lee probably gets more minutes every game but starting Baker helps with ball movement with the first unit and he plays tough d.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/18/2017  11:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fwk00 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Melo (30) Thomas (18)
Kuz (28) Lee (20)
Rose (32) Holiday (16)
Baker (24) Jennings (24)

I mean... c'mon.

And he fits with the starting line up. Lee fits well with Jennings and the second unit. Lee probably gets more minutes every game but starting Baker helps with ball movement with the first unit and he plays tough d.

Yeah. Exactly. Baker's defense prevents being down 18 in the first quarter. He doesn't need big minutes. He gives nice stability on the D. It's why I advocate moving Jennings and Lee for Rubio. We could use the defense more than the turnovers and brainfarts we get from Jennings and Lee. Baker complements Rose nicely.

Game thread: Harry & Lloyd vs Celtics

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy