[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

MLK GameThread: Matinee v ATL
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/16/2017  3:54 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
TPercy wrote:I thought Melo played a very good game if you ask me. He had some really good defensive moments on Milsap and kept us in the game.

Watch the final 6 minutes over again when Melo comes back in and see how many defensive breakdowns there were as a result of Melo's defense. He has the whole team scrambling on rotations because he can't get around screens or rotate on switches. He also never gets out on his man. It's really bad.

Did you ever play ball? Take your own advice. The breakdown was at guard position over and over againg. Called pick and roll defense which Melo had nothing to do with. Keep hating bro.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall

1/16/2017  3:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:I thought Melo played a very good game if you ask me. He had some really good defensive moments on Milsap and kept us in the game.

It's not really about Melo's individual defense tho! It's his effort in the team concept that kills us. He's not moving to close out on shooters or shutdown the lane. Melo waves and reaches at guys which does NOTHING.

Bull****! Who covered THJ? Shroeder? They were shredded.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
TPercy
Member: #5748

1/16/2017  3:55 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Watch the final 6 minutes over again when Melo comes back in and see how many defensive breakdowns there were as a result of Melo's defense. He has the whole team scrambling on rotations because he can't get around screens or rotate on switches. He also never gets out on his man. It's really bad.

I understand that, and I am annoyed by it too, but at least in his offensive production nullified much of his defensive failures.(Not excusing it)

The Future is Bright!
HofstraBBall

1/16/2017  3:56 PM
By the way...calling out all the basketball experts who thought Grant was better than Hardaway. Does anyone have the thread so we can see the knowledge here.
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

1/16/2017  3:57 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
magicTs wrote:And another loss. Thats a terrible miss from Melo at the end.

I thought we might win one of Toronto, Atlanta, Boston and Washington but this was by far the best opportunity of the 4. Think we go winless now which would put us at 18-26. Just pathetic.

The tank should now be well and truly on. We suck.

It's time for Melo to lift his no trade clause at the deadline and move on. We need to go in full rebuild mode. Enough is enough.

I think the conversation is coming and soon. Just reading between the lines. Our mentality is that of a team of losers. Yes, we aren't getting many breaks or call from the officials but thats just an excuse really. We should have had several of these close games in the bag but we don't because our team leaders are losers. They are mental midgets. They are not capable of concentrating for 48 mins and we give up the key plays. Plus we never make the clutch big shot, I mean our franchise superstar can't even finish an open shot from 4-5 ft to win it. Just losers.

Again and it does feel like groundhog day saying this; absolutely nothing will change until we make significant and ball club changing decisions and that is Anthony traded however it is achieved. We are going nowhere. The only good news for me is that if Jackson makes little change we are actually going to lose more games than people even imagine so can secure a high draft pick regardless.

At this point, if we can get a 1st round draft pick with an expiring contract for Melo, I would pull the trigger. I would also trade Rose for a 1st and try to couple him with Noah's bad contract. Time to stockpile as many as #1's as possible to streamline the rebuilding process.

im not sure what Roses value is. Would someone give up a first for a rental who has some issues. As for melo it might be better to wait for the summer. Either way we are gonna lose games so id rather wait for a good return
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/16/2017  3:58 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

It's not really about Melo's individual defense tho! It's his effort in the team concept that kills us. He's not moving to close out on shooters or shutdown the lane. Melo waves and reaches at guys which does NOTHING.

You do realize that we also talked about Rose's bad D on Scroder RIGHT??? This is just an honest assessment of Melo's TEAM D. Not how he defends his own man in a one on one so much as how he plays in the team concept. Dude doesn't move and on so many plays he WAVES at guys going by rather than moving his feet to close of the penetration. If I ever have the time i'd love to do a video of just Melo in defensive situations to highlight what i'm talking about.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/16/2017  3:59 PM
This loss was on Rose and Jennings more than any other player. Those two gave the ball away and defended poorly like always.
StarksEwing1

1/16/2017  3:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2017  4:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:By the way...calling out all the basketball experts who thought Grant was better than Hardaway. Does anyone have the thread so we can see the knowledge here.
We get it dude...you know more than everybody and Melo is flawless happy now
nixluva
USA
1/16/2017  4:00 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:This loss was on Rose and Jennings more than any other player. Those two gave the ball away and defended poorly like always.

Good point. BJ was really bad with the TO's and then Rose does his part to add to the problem. The Hawks got a lot of points off those TO's too.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/16/2017  4:03 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Alright, sorry for the negativity. I'm not wasting my day off watching this game. Go Knicks! I'm out.
yeah it isnt easy right now.

Hate to say it, but just saw the score and feel like I made the right call.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90

1/16/2017  4:04 PM
This loss is also on Phil for blowing the cap on a bunch of bench players. Then not trading Lee when his value was high. The dude was continually getting benched in the 4th. Lee is an average player that can work in a rotation but not as a full time starter
HofstraBBall

1/16/2017  4:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You do realize that we also talked about Rose's bad D on Scroder RIGHT??? This is just an honest assessment of Melo's TEAM D. Not how he defends his own man in a one on one so much as how he plays in the team concept. Dude doesn't move and on so many plays he WAVES at guys going by rather than moving his feet to close of the penetration. If I ever have the time i'd love to do a video of just Melo in defensive situations to highlight what i'm talking about.

How about you keep it to why we lost the game. Should we do a video of Roses turnovers? Nah. Video of Kuz and Baker shooting in last half of 4th? Nah. Lee dissappearing act? Nah If Melo was still in the building and didnt play most would whine and blame him for the loss.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/16/2017  4:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/16/2017  4:07 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Did you ever play ball? Take your own advice. The breakdown was at guard position over and over againg. Called pick and roll defense which Melo had nothing to do with. Keep hating bro.

I already said that Rose's pick n roll defense was bad, but how do you not see Melo never closing out on his man, not rotating and switching quick enough on D and the rest of the team compensating and scrambling out of place to make up for it. He may be the worst starting perimeter defender in the NBA right now.

HofstraBBall

1/16/2017  4:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:By the way...calling out all the basketball experts who thought Grant was better than Hardaway. Does anyone have the thread so we can see the knowledge here.

Not than anybody. Just you and the others who knee jerk the loss to Melo. Get a clue. Check the game stats. Watch a game on replay. Or just hate and post about it day and night. How many points did their guards score? Melos fault rihgt? Torontos guards? Melos fault? Just tired of the whining without merit. Ready for you stat backed rebuttal.

yellowboy90

1/16/2017  4:08 PM
I will also put some blame on Jeff for not having Baker guard the pg instead of Rose. He knows Rose sucks so why not at least give Baker the job to start the game? Let Rose chase Bazemore or THjr
HofstraBBall

1/16/2017  4:10 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

I already said that Rose's pick n roll defense was bad, but how do you not see Melo never closing out on his man, not rotating and switching quick enough on D and the rest of the team compensating and scrambling out of place to make up for it. He may be the worst starting perimeter defender in the NBA right now.

Were talking this game right? Or are you just going to use a track saying for the rest of the conversation. WE LOST BECAUSE OF HIS FAILURE TO CLOSE!!! Please guide me to the minute and quarter. Ill start putting together the other 40 stats and timelines for Knick failures besides his "Close Outs"

yellowboy90

1/16/2017  4:12 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

I'll have to look at the game again but Melo was late on his close outs like always but for the most part the Hawks failed to capitalize. What hurt the knicks more this game was O'quinn and Noah not getting out on Humphrey and Millsap on several occasions and that had zero to do with Melo.

StarksEwing1

1/16/2017  4:13 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Not than anybody. Just you and the others who knee jerk the loss to Melo. Get a clue. Check the game stats. Watch a game on replay. Or just hate and post about it day and night. How many points did their guards score? Melos fault rihgt? Torontos guards? Melos fault? Just tired of the whining without merit. Ready for you stat backed rebuttal.

first off i never even blamed melo so remove your head from your ass. Secondly its cool that you want to defend him but you also gotta be fair and call him out when he has bad games too. I dont think he had a bad game but his defense has always been a issue
nixluva
USA
1/16/2017  4:14 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How about you keep it to why we lost the game. Should we do a video of Roses turnovers? Nah. Video of Kuz and Baker shooting in last half of 4th? Nah. Lee dissappearing act? Nah If Melo was still in the building and didnt play most would whine and blame him for the loss.

So any comment on Melo's D is only valid if we always talk about other players on the team? You need to at least accept that Melo is not exactly a strong team defender. That is a part of the problem. I don't hate Melo so you need to relax a bit on the venom in your posts. It's important because Melo is on the floor more than some bench player and he's the Big Star of the team. If the team was winning he'd get most of the credit and with the losing he's gonna take a hit too. Melo is not PERFECT!!!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/16/2017  4:18 PM
Two youngsters started, we competed and we lost. For those who have already given up on the season and are looking forward to the draft, again, we actually enjoyed the outcome.

NY lost me this season after the whole Rose AWOL / Melo ejected episode. This team is just a waste of time winning-wise. Hopefully we can trade Rose and Melo for picks and go fully young.

Knicks_Fan
MLK GameThread: Matinee v ATL

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy