[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GT: Knicks @ Raptors (Sun 1/15 3pm EST) - Civil War 2 - will the North win again?
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

1/15/2017  6:12 PM
holfresh wrote:Melo left the game with the Knicks up 2 @ 1:27 mark of the first and returns in the second down 10 @6:13..Toronto momentum established..Game over...I have seen this time and time again all season..And yes the defense sucks..

This is true but he needed to focus on defense to stabilize the team when he comes back in. He has to lead on both ends. Ultimately the entire team lacks defensive talent at any position. That maybe a stretch, KP has defensive talent as a shot blocker but struggles on the perimeter and against strength.

Sidenote: Jeff going big and moving Melo back to the 3 was an excellent tank move to start the 2nd half.

AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/15/2017  6:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2017  6:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:Melo left the game with the Knicks up 2 @ 1:27 mark of the first and returns in the second down 10 @6:13..Toronto momentum established..Game over...I have seen this time and time again all season..And yes the defense sucks..

This is true but he needed to focus on defense to stabilize the team when he comes back in. He has to lead on both ends. Ultimately the entire team lacks defensive talent at any position. That maybe a stretch, KP has defensive talent as a shot blocker but struggles on the perimeter and against strength.

Sidenote: Jeff going big and moving Melo back to the 3 was an excellent tank move to start the 2nd half.

Quite honestly I think Melo plays too many minutes in the first quarters...Cut his minutes..Playing entire first quarters this season, he has looked like a different player physically..Maybe it's age..But he has never played those type of stretch minutes in his career...I have seen him move better with rest..He sets the tone for the team..He said he felt drained when he was out one game with the shoulder injury..If he is drained then so is the team...There are like 7-10 assistant coaches on the sidelines..Surely one guy can notice this...

I mean, they have to try something different, right???

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/15/2017  6:20 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Has Horny lost this team?

I don't know if he has lost the team but he certainly was hinting that he may switch things up and get guys on the court that perform better. If it happens it will be interesting.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

1/15/2017  6:56 PM
You expect a loss against the Raptors..It's just how they lost..No defense being played on this team..
holfresh

1/15/2017  7:00 PM
I always fall for the starphuck trick too..Get a shinny name and I'm hooked..I thought we might be able to compete with a decent starting line up even though the bench won't compete..Oh well..
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/15/2017  7:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2017  7:50 PM
that was some real bad body language from y'all in the 3rd.

i'm still amazed at how you can change the names of execs and players but the results still stay the same. i mean after layden, isiah came to town. then after all his nonsense - larry brown, curry deal, marbury, etc...it went to walsh. now it seemed he had a rebuilding plan but it was all geared towards 2010. after coming up short there...you had to make a move for melo. d'antoni...then woodson. linsanity then phil comes. then it's triangle with fisher - then that's dropped and bring in noah, rose, lee and hornacek.

noah has been on teams that have won for multiple years.
same for lee and noah.

after all that...the results are basically the same. it's amazing.

phil hasn't traded picks - that's the ONLY thing you can say about him as a positive. every other non-draft move he's made has to be classified as bad b/c he has yet to show he can build a cohesive team.

knicks dumped marbury - same thing.
knicks dumped curry - same thing.
now it's melo - are you expecting a different result?

meanwhile other teams can turn things around within 2 years. some even sooner.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/15/2017  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2017  8:00 PM
djsunyc wrote:that was some real bad body language from y'all in the 3rd.

i'm still amazed at how you can change the names of execs and players but the results still stay the same. i mean after layden, isiah came to town. then after all his nonsense - larry brown, curry deal, marbury, etc...it went to walsh. now it seemed he had a rebuilding plan but it was all geared towards 2010. after coming up short there...you had to make a move for melo. d'antoni...then woodson. linsanity then phil comes. then it's triangle with fisher - then that's dropped and bring in noah, rose, lee and hornacek.

same for lee and noah.

phil hasn't traded picks - that's the ONLY thing you can say about him as a positive. every other non-draft move he's made has to be classified as bad b/c he has yet to show he can build a cohesive team.

This is the problem... 2 years... some teams... rolling the dice again.
After what transpired with Knicks even 10 years may not be enough for come back.
Unless team will just reload.
We have the opportunity this year and next year to continue execute the plan.
Rose out this year, Melo out next, and Noah probably can stick around on the bench or be gone in trade or retirement.
The future is not now. Unless we will not stop rolling the dice.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
holfresh

1/15/2017  8:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2017  8:06 PM
The pressure in NY is real..Last week Brendan Haywood was on NBATV talking about it..He said he saw the NY pressure on the player's faces..I saw an interview a few games ago with KP when he sat out most of the 4th...I have never seen him like that..Lee's interview today, he looks scared..Amazing..

That's why no one wants to come here..
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

1/15/2017  8:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2017  8:23 PM
Only watched the first half. All I could take.

You have a starting PG who doesnt make his teammates better, doesnt get to the line enough, doesnt pass enough, doesnt defend well, calls his own number a lot, doesnt pass to the future star of the team, obsesses about his next big deal. What could possibly go wrong?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/15/2017  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/15/2017  8:25 PM
holfresh wrote:The pressure in NY is real..Last week Brendan Haywood was on NBATV talking about it..He said he saw the NY pressure on the player's faces..I saw an interview a few games ago with KP when he sat out most of the 4th...I have never seen him like that..Lee's interview today, he looks scared..Amazing..

NY is not for softies.
Just look back on the Knicks greats.
They were tough as nails.
Not the whole team but the core have to be like that.
And they have to stick together at all times.
They need to get read of Melos and Roses of NBA ASAP.
I do not have any issues with the rest of the team.
And we need players who does not give a rat a..sss about NY media and casual Knicks fans who are booing or chairing the team by the weather.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
holfresh

1/15/2017  8:31 PM
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:The pressure in NY is real..Last week Brendan Haywood was on NBATV talking about it..He said he saw the NY pressure on the player's faces..I saw an interview a few games ago with KP when he sat out most of the 4th...I have never seen him like that..Lee's interview today, he looks scared..Amazing..

NY is not for softies.
Just look back on the Knicks greats.
They were tough as nails.
Not the whole team but the core have to be like that.
And they have to stick together at all times.
They need to get read of Melos and Roses of NBA ASAP.
I do not have any issues with the rest of the team.
And we need players who does not give a rat a..sss about NY media and casual Knicks fans who are booing or chairing the team by the weather.

You are wrong if you think Melo is soft..
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/16/2017  4:48 AM

same for lee and noah.

Even the timing is similar each year- we start off okay, then completely collapse December/January time. I think our lack of 1st round picks has also trapped us in this cycle- most teams suck for a few seasons, but they get a high pick at the end of it. We haven't had that.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/16/2017  9:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:

same for lee and noah.

Even the timing is similar each year- we start off okay, then completely collapse December/January time. I think our lack of 1st round picks has also trapped us in this cycle- most teams suck for a few seasons, but they get a high pick at the end of it. We haven't had that.

The problem is always us getting a flawed center piece. Dinglebury was flawed, Curry was flawed, Melo is flawed. Walsh had a good foundational start but was derailed by Dolan's starry eyed gaze at Melo. I want to see what Big Chief Triangle can do if he can shed us of Melo. I still like Melo(i am a convert) but I beginning to see that Melo's decline will be in a Ewing like speed.

GT: Knicks @ Raptors (Sun 1/15 3pm EST) - Civil War 2 - will the North win again?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy