[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks Vs. Bulls on National TV........UGGGG, another national broadcast of dysfunction!!!
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/13/2017  3:35 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:please also note that we had 21 assists on 44 FGs...which means more often than not it was 1-on-1 ball

With Melo and Rose you will always be an isolation heavy team. Just the way it is.

The two guys who benefit most on spot up shooting and recipients of the passes off doubles, which leads to assist, is Lance and C.lee..They were 5-17 last night...Assist has two components, they actually have to score the ball..You did see better ball movement...

I agree that it was better than what we have seen. That does not make it good. Anyway, I think that 21 assists on 44 FGs is just not a good sign. Rose had 1 assist. ONE. In 30+ mins. Are you saying that he passed the ball a lot and every time he passed the pall someone missed a shot? Isn't it obvious he just didn't pass the ball enough?

I am not saying there is a single path to a W. There are multiple paths, but the Bulls were missing their defensive stopper. They were missing a big man who can shoot.

The Raptors obviously know how to score, they have the highest points per game in the East. They are middle of the pack when it comes to points allowed, but they do play D. Is Rose going to make the right play against them?
Other than Patrick Patterson, who would you leave open on D?

Rose should pass more..But you just can't look at the numbers and make a proclamation..Look at the game and see how it's played out, then determine what passes he should make..He made some spectacular drives..Which one of those should he have passed up to pad his assist number??..Melo handled the ball more the Rose last night..

Rose was 7-15 and had 3 assist 4 rebounds...Not 1 assist..he had solid numbers..

2 of those were garbage time assists. i do remember seeing 30+ mins 1 assist. By that time... Melo had 6. It wasn't that Melo wanted to handle the ball more, but he saw that he was creating way more for his teammates than Rose was...so he took over.

Melo is a better passer than Rose...Melo should run more pick and roll than anyone..It puzzles me why he doesn't..He is the best at it on the team...LeBron is a better passer than Kyrie..Magic was a better passer than Norm Nixon..A label shouldn't determine who runs the offense...It should be based on skills of that particular player...

So who's gonna convince Horny that for Sunday...Melo should be bringing up the ball, otherwise we are in for a blowout

I really think it's more complicated than that...Seems like Melo roams the perimeter more when KP isn't there..So he is in position to run the pick and roll more frequently and see more of the floor...I think he doesn't want to intrude on KP when he is on the court, so he stays on one side of the court...I also looked at his assist numbers the last game KP was out and he had 7 assist, Rose had 4...I'm thinking having two bigs on the floor clogs the middle if you are running a pick and roll dominant offense...Only my speculation tho...

In truth you can run Spread Offense with KP out there. He's like another forward anyway. This is simply about Jeff running what he wants verses Phil's Triangle. Jeff wants the paint OPEN and Phil wants the paint filled as per the Triangle!!! IMO Jeff should stick to running WAY more 4 Out looks than Triangle Spaced Looks. These players are better with SIMPLE choices. Shoot, Pass or Drive!!! Triangle involves more thinking and puts our less talented players in situations where they have to do things they're not good at.

Yeah but everyone including the coach goes nuts when KP has a mismatch on a smaller player in the lane...KP should get the ball in those cases but maybe the coach should look at playing Noah less and move KP to the 5 against certain lineups...But you are talking about a completely philosophy than Phil wants...

My point is that with a 4 Out Style Offense, you don't have to worry about so much traffic in KP's way if he ends up with the ball. No one is near anyone else so doubles just don't work. That's why we saw so many wide open layups and dunks last night cuz KOQ and Kuz ended up in great positions to attack the rim.

With this 4 Out style KP can actually cut to the basket without Melo or others in his way!!! All he'd have to do is beat his man, which won't be hard to do. Once again unlike the Triangle No on is near anyone else and so you only have to beat one man to get into the paint and the PnR at the 3pt line drages the opposing shot blocker out of the paint.

AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/13/2017  3:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:please also note that we had 21 assists on 44 FGs...which means more often than not it was 1-on-1 ball

With Melo and Rose you will always be an isolation heavy team. Just the way it is.

The two guys who benefit most on spot up shooting and recipients of the passes off doubles, which leads to assist, is Lance and C.lee..They were 5-17 last night...Assist has two components, they actually have to score the ball..You did see better ball movement...

I agree that it was better than what we have seen. That does not make it good. Anyway, I think that 21 assists on 44 FGs is just not a good sign. Rose had 1 assist. ONE. In 30+ mins. Are you saying that he passed the ball a lot and every time he passed the pall someone missed a shot? Isn't it obvious he just didn't pass the ball enough?

I am not saying there is a single path to a W. There are multiple paths, but the Bulls were missing their defensive stopper. They were missing a big man who can shoot.

The Raptors obviously know how to score, they have the highest points per game in the East. They are middle of the pack when it comes to points allowed, but they do play D. Is Rose going to make the right play against them?

Rose should pass more..But you just can't look at the numbers and make a proclamation..Look at the game and see how it's played out, then determine what passes he should make..He made some spectacular drives..Which one of those should he have passed up to pad his assist number??..Melo handled the ball more the Rose last night..

Rose was 7-15 and had 3 assist 4 rebounds...Not 1 assist..he had solid numbers..

2 of those were garbage time assists. i do remember seeing 30+ mins 1 assist. By that time... Melo had 6. It wasn't that Melo wanted to handle the ball more, but he saw that he was creating way more for his teammates than Rose was...so he took over.

Melo is a better passer than Rose...Melo should run more pick and roll than anyone..It puzzles me why he doesn't..He is the best at it on the team...LeBron is a better passer than Kyrie..Magic was a better passer than Norm Nixon..A label shouldn't determine who runs the offense...It should be based on skills of that particular player...

So who's gonna convince Horny that for Sunday...Melo should be bringing up the ball, otherwise we are in for a blowout

I really think it's more complicated than that...Seems like Melo roams the perimeter more when KP isn't there..So he is in position to run the pick and roll more frequently and see more of the floor...I think he doesn't want to intrude on KP when he is on the court, so he stays on one side of the court...I also looked at his assist numbers the last game KP was out and he had 7 assist, Rose had 4...I'm thinking having two bigs on the floor clogs the middle if you are running a pick and roll dominant offense...Only my speculation tho...

In truth you can run Spread Offense with KP out there. He's like another forward anyway. This is simply about Jeff running what he wants verses Phil's Triangle. Jeff wants the paint OPEN and Phil wants the paint filled as per the Triangle!!! IMO Jeff should stick to running WAY more 4 Out looks than Triangle Spaced Looks. These players are better with SIMPLE choices. Shoot, Pass or Drive!!! Triangle involves more thinking and puts our less talented players in situations where they have to do things they're not good at.

Yeah but everyone including the coach goes nuts when KP has a mismatch on a smaller player in the lane...KP should get the ball in those cases but maybe the coach should look at playing Noah less and move KP to the 5 against certain lineups...But you are talking about a completely philosophy than Phil wants...

My point is that with a 4 Out Style Offense, you don't have to worry about so much traffic in KP's way if he ends up with the ball. No one is near anyone else so doubles just don't work. That's why we saw so many wide open layups and dunks last night cuz KOQ and Kuz ended up in great positions to attack the rim.

With this 4 Out style KP can actually cut to the basket without Melo or others in his way!!! All he'd have to do is beat his man, which won't be hard to do. Once again unlike the Triangle No on is near anyone else and so you only have to beat one man to get into the paint and the PnR at the 3pt line drages the opposing shot blocker out of the paint.

The Knicks problem is defense...Everyone's remedy is offense...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/13/2017  4:10 PM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

The Knicks problem is defense...Everyone's remedy is offense...

Consider this tho, the Knicks often give up TONS of points in transition due to bad offense! Poorly timed Drives by Rose out of the Triangle lead to fast breaks when he missed. With more efficient Offense like last night you saw less bad transition D. A great Offense can be a aid to better D. Not to mention drawing fouls which also stops the clock and teams can't catch the Knicks in transition which they STINK at.

Those dunks and layups the Knicks got from KOQ, Lee and Kuz are a sign of great offense and I think that really matters when it comes to D. You score like that and you play harder on D. When you keep missing bad shots and don't know what you're doing on offense, Turnovers cuz you keep forcing Triangle Passes that are predictable and easy to tip. It's all part of the equation.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

1/13/2017  4:27 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Also, someone made this point earlier. Melo playing at the 4 makes a huge difference for our defense with KP out. Melo and KP playing out of position against quicker perimeter players is a problem going forward for this team. KP needs to eventually shift to the 5--even if it means Noah moving to the bench.

Problem is, he gets pushed around by true centers. Just not strong enough yet.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/14/2017  1:13 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

It IS about the personnel...kept telling you last season that the personnel are not capable of running triangle and you wouldn't listen, preaching triangle sets on the forum, now you are yourself preaching 4 out. good to see you came around lol. i will remove the note from my sig :)

This season...you've got 2 ball dominant PGs who are not the best at passing consistently...what do you do? You put your best passer in charge of the ball.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Game Thread: Knicks Vs. Bulls on National TV........UGGGG, another national broadcast of dysfunction!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy