[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks Vs. Bulls on National TV........UGGGG, another national broadcast of dysfunction!!!
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2017  10:37 PM
WP76 wrote:Lost in all the talk about missing Bulls starters is the fact that we're playing the second of a back to back against a well-rested Chicago team.

Nice resilence by our guys when they could've easily mailed it in after a gut-wrenching defeat.

Great point.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

1/12/2017  10:39 PM
Great defense keep up the great defense .... also shows you kp is a 5 not a 4 ... I mean we held the bulls to 89 pts.... great defense
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/12/2017  10:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:Nixluva going wayyyyy overboard given Bulls have 2 starters missing. Bulls look poor. We should be ahead of them in the standings.

NO i'm not going WAY OVERBOARD! I don't watch the game as just a fan. I pay attention to the details. The X's and O's. The change in spacing is a huge difference and if they do this every night from now on you will see this team winning games. Watch where the guards start the play it's way above the 3pt line look and how spread out they are on the floor.

The Bulls defense was horrible

fitzfarm

1/12/2017  10:41 PM
This game shows one game at a time .... just stay close to 500 we will feel great at 500
fitzfarm

1/12/2017  10:43 PM
Rest up let's handle Toronto on Sunday with kp
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/12/2017  10:46 PM
please also note that we had 21 assists on 44 FGs...which means more often than not it was 1-on-1 ball
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2017  10:53 PM
Nice to see Dad back. I think he needs to play the four.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2017  11:16 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:Nixluva going wayyyyy overboard given Bulls have 2 starters missing. Bulls look poor. We should be ahead of them in the standings.

NO i'm not going WAY OVERBOARD! I don't watch the game as just a fan. I pay attention to the details. The X's and O's. The change in spacing is a huge difference and if they do this every night from now on you will see this team winning games. Watch where the guards start the play it's way above the 3pt line look and how spread out they are on the floor.

The Bulls defense was horrible

You weren't paying attention then cuz it was more than just bad D. If you saw the game why not breakdown what you saw that the Knicks were doing on offense. If you can't point out the changes then you weren't paying attention to what they did well tonight.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
1/13/2017  12:04 AM
Andrew wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Andrew wrote:I hope
I thought is just about KP being out.
Yeah, I just don't like his play. D has been decent though

Lances defense is so over rated. He does hustle but helps out way too much nd leaves his man open for 3 pt shots all the time. Can we also shut down the talk of Lance guarding multiple positions. Wade was killing him whenever Lance was covering him. On the offensive end Lance KILLS this team. Can't hit a shot.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

1/13/2017  12:39 AM
Nothing better than a win, especially against the Bulls.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/13/2017  7:39 AM
Cartman718 wrote:please also note that we had 21 assists on 44 FGs...which means more often than not it was 1-on-1 ball

With Melo and Rose you will always be an isolation heavy team. Just the way it is.
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/13/2017  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2017  8:10 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:please also note that we had 21 assists on 44 FGs...which means more often than not it was 1-on-1 ball

With Melo and Rose you will always be an isolation heavy team. Just the way it is.

The two guys who benefit most on spot up shooting and recipients of the passes off doubles, which leads to assist, is Lance and C.lee..They were 5-17 last night...Assist has two components, they actually have to score the ball..You did see better ball movement...

Cartman718

1/13/2017  9:32 AM
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

The two guys who benefit most on spot up shooting and recipients of the passes off doubles, which leads to assist, is Lance and C.lee..They were 5-17 last night...Assist has two components, they actually have to score the ball..You did see better ball movement...

I agree that it was better than what we have seen. That does not make it good. Anyway, I think that 21 assists on 44 FGs is just not a good sign. Rose had 1 assist. ONE. In 30+ mins. Are you saying that he passed the ball a lot and every time he passed the pall someone missed a shot? Isn't it obvious he just didn't pass the ball enough?

I am not saying there is a single path to a W. There are multiple paths, but the Bulls were missing their defensive stopper. They were missing a big man who can shoot.

The Raptors obviously know how to score, they have the highest points per game in the East. They are middle of the pack when it comes to points allowed, but they do play D. Is Rose going to make the right play against them?
Other than Patrick Patterson, who would you leave open on D?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
holfresh

1/13/2017  10:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/13/2017  11:02 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I agree that it was better than what we have seen. That does not make it good. Anyway, I think that 21 assists on 44 FGs is just not a good sign. Rose had 1 assist. ONE. In 30+ mins. Are you saying that he passed the ball a lot and every time he passed the pall someone missed a shot? Isn't it obvious he just didn't pass the ball enough?

I am not saying there is a single path to a W. There are multiple paths, but the Bulls were missing their defensive stopper. They were missing a big man who can shoot.

The Raptors obviously know how to score, they have the highest points per game in the East. They are middle of the pack when it comes to points allowed, but they do play D. Is Rose going to make the right play against them?

Rose should pass more..But you just can't look at the numbers and make a proclamation..Look at the game and see how it's played out, then determine what passes he should make..He made some spectacular drives..Which one of those should he have passed up to pad his assist number??..Melo handled the ball more the Rose last night..

Rose was 7-15 and had 3 assist 4 rebounds...Not 1 assist..he had solid numbers..

Cartman718

1/13/2017  2:03 PM
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Rose should pass more..But you just can't look at the numbers and make a proclamation..Look at the game and see how it's played out, then determine what passes he should make..He made some spectacular drives..Which one of those should he have passed up to pad his assist number??..Melo handled the ball more the Rose last night..

Rose was 7-15 and had 3 assist 4 rebounds...Not 1 assist..he had solid numbers..

2 of those were garbage time assists. i do remember seeing 30+ mins 1 assist. By that time... Melo had 6. It wasn't that Melo wanted to handle the ball more, but he saw that he was creating way more for his teammates than Rose was...so he took over.

holfresh

1/13/2017  2:12 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

2 of those were garbage time assists. i do remember seeing 30+ mins 1 assist. By that time... Melo had 6. It wasn't that Melo wanted to handle the ball more, but he saw that he was creating way more for his teammates than Rose was...so he took over.

Melo is a better passer than Rose...Melo should run more pick and roll than anyone..It puzzles me why he doesn't..He is the best at it on the team...LeBron is a better passer than Kyrie..Magic was a better passer than Norm Nixon..A label shouldn't determine who runs the offense...It should be based on skills of that particular player...
Cartman718

1/13/2017  2:47 PM
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Melo is a better passer than Rose...Melo should run more pick and roll than anyone..It puzzles me why he doesn't..He is the best at it on the team...LeBron is a better passer than Kyrie..Magic was a better passer than Norm Nixon..A label shouldn't determine who runs the offense...It should be based on skills of that particular player...

So who's gonna convince Horny that for Sunday...Melo should be bringing up the ball, otherwise we are in for a blowout

holfresh

1/13/2017  3:05 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

So who's gonna convince Horny that for Sunday...Melo should be bringing up the ball, otherwise we are in for a blowout

I really think it's more complicated than that...Seems like Melo roams the perimeter more when KP isn't there..So he is in position to run the pick and roll more frequently and see more of the floor...I think he doesn't want to intrude on KP when he is on the court, so he stays on one side of the court...I also looked at his assist numbers the last game KP was out and he had 7 assist, Rose had 4...I'm thinking having two bigs on the floor clogs the middle if you are running a pick and roll dominant offense...Only my speculation tho...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/13/2017  3:13 PM
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

I really think it's more complicated than that...Seems like Melo roams the perimeter more when KP isn't there..So he is in position to run the pick and roll more frequently and see more of the floor...I think he doesn't want to intrude on KP when he is on the court, so he stays on one side of the court...I also looked at his assist numbers the last game KP was out and he had 7 assist, Rose had 4...I'm thinking having two bigs on the floor clogs the middle if you are running a pick and roll dominant offense...Only my speculation tho...

In truth you can run Spread Offense with KP out there. He's like another forward anyway. This is simply about Jeff running what he wants verses Phil's Triangle. Jeff wants the paint OPEN and Phil wants the paint filled as per the Triangle!!! IMO Jeff should stick to running WAY more 4 Out looks than Triangle Spaced Looks. These players are better with SIMPLE choices. Shoot, Pass or Drive!!! Triangle involves more thinking and puts our less talented players in situations where they have to do things they're not good at.

holfresh

1/13/2017  3:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

In truth you can run Spread Offense with KP out there. He's like another forward anyway. This is simply about Jeff running what he wants verses Phil's Triangle. Jeff wants the paint OPEN and Phil wants the paint filled as per the Triangle!!! IMO Jeff should stick to running WAY more 4 Out looks than Triangle Spaced Looks. These players are better with SIMPLE choices. Shoot, Pass or Drive!!! Triangle involves more thinking and puts our less talented players in situations where they have to do things they're not good at.

Yeah but everyone including the coach goes nuts when KP has a mismatch on a smaller player in the lane...KP should get the ball in those cases but maybe the coach should look at playing Noah less and move KP to the 5 against certain lineups...But you are talking about a completely philosophy than Phil wants...

Game Thread: Knicks Vs. Bulls on National TV........UGGGG, another national broadcast of dysfunction!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy