[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks Vs. Bulls on National TV........UGGGG, another national broadcast of dysfunction!!!
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

1/12/2017  10:22 PM
Kuz likes to Cut.
AUTOADVERT
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/12/2017  10:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2017  10:24 PM
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:Nixluva going wayyyyy overboard given Bulls have 2 starters missing. Bulls look poor. We should be ahead of them in the standings.

NO i'm not going WAY OVERBOARD! I don't watch the game as just a fan. I pay attention to the details. The X's and O's. The change in spacing is a huge difference and if they do this every night from now on you will see this team winning games. Watch where the guards start the play it's way above the 3pt line look and how spread out they are on the floor.

I think its got far more to do with the opposition having 2 key players out but time will tell. I suspect Sunday in Toronto, Monday against Atlanta and next Wednesday in Boston will see very different stories.

ScoreBot
1/12/2017  10:24 PM
4Q - 2:34
NYK 96 CHI 84
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/12/2017  10:27 PM
interesting that grant shot well this game when he didn't shoot well all season for us last year.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/12/2017  10:27 PM
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:Nixluva going wayyyyy overboard given Bulls have 2 starters missing. Bulls look poor. We should be ahead of them in the standings.

NO i'm not going WAY OVERBOARD! I don't watch the game as just a fan. I pay attention to the details. The X's and O's. The change in spacing is a huge difference and if they do this every night from now on you will see this team winning games. Watch where the guards start the play it's way above the 3pt line look and how spread out they are on the floor.

I think its got far more to do with the opposition having 2 key players out but time will tell. I suspect Sunday in Toronto, Monday against Atlanta and next Wednesday in Boston will see very different stories.

The Knicks are missing KP. He isn't a star at the level Butler is but he was a big loss as well.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/12/2017  10:28 PM
anyway, wasn't the last time we won against milwaukee on national tv. can we keep playing on national tv all season?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
ScoreBot
4Q - 0:46
NYK 101 CHI 89
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:

DUDE I know what i'm talking about. It's not about the competition. It's HOW the Knicks are actually playing tonight. Look at where they're all standing on offense! They've extended the defense and weakened the D with greater spacing from each other. This opens up the paint and also makes it easier to pass and see your teammates. It's a big deal if they keep playing like this from here on.
CrushAlot
USA
1/12/2017  10:29 PM
I feel much better about this one then the Bucks win. Great game and a great win.
SocraticBallin22

1/12/2017  10:30 PM
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:

DUDE I know what i'm talking about. It's not about the competition. It's HOW the Knicks are actually playing tonight. Look at where they're all standing on offense! They've extended the defense and weakened the D with greater spacing from each other. This opens up the paint and also makes it easier to pass and see your teammates. It's a big deal if they keep playing like this from here on.

I concur. The defense has improved the last 2 games if you've been really paying attention. Opponent does not matter for focus and intensity on D. How many wide open shots did you see given up like in the past?

magicTs

1/12/2017  10:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/12/2017  10:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The Knicks are missing KP. He isn't a star at the level Butler is but he was a big loss as well.

Agreed. But this is a game we should have been winning. Getting carried away over the performance isn't for me at this stage, we need to show consistency over a number of games especially given how bad the last few weeks have been. The next 4 games will be very interesting (Toronto, Atlanta, Boston and Washington). I'll be very surprised if we win more than 1 of them.

WP76
Member: #4508

1/12/2017  10:31 PM
Lost in all the talk about missing Bulls starters is the fact that we're playing the second of a back to back against a well-rested Chicago team.

Nice resilence by our guys when they could've easily mailed it in after a gut-wrenching defeat.

SocraticBallin22

1/12/2017  10:31 PM
89 points allowed. Only 1 turnover in the ENTIRE 2nd half. Focus and execution on Offense and intensity on Defense. That's how you win games.
ScoreBot
1/12/2017  10:32 PM
FINAL
NYK 104 CHI 89
magicTs

1/12/2017  10:32 PM
nixluva wrote:
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I bow down to your greater knowledge. I do however know this: anyone who trusts this Knicks team or indeed organization to do anything consistently is a fool. Simple as that. I fully expect us to get spanked and fail on D on Sunday.

SocraticBallin22

1/12/2017  10:33 PM
Also, someone made this point earlier. Melo playing at the 4 makes a huge difference for our defense with KP out. Melo and KP playing out of position against quicker perimeter players is a problem going forward for this team. KP needs to eventually shift to the 5--even if it means Noah moving to the bench.
CrushAlot
USA
magicTs wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Agreed. But this is a game we should have been winning. Getting carried away over the performance isn't for me at this stage, we need to show consistency over a number of games especially given how bad the last few week shave been. The next 4 games will be very interesting (Toronto, Atlanta, Boston and Washington). I'll be very surprised if we win more than 1 of them.

You have to hope they have turned things around. They certainly played a very good all around game. Kuz needs more minutes.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
NYK 104 CHI 89

I'm finally starting to like scorebot again, good going guy

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

1/12/2017  10:36 PM
The Bulls defense might be even worse than ours
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/12/2017  10:36 PM
magicTs wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Agreed. But this is a game we should have been winning. Getting carried away over the performance isn't for me at this stage, we need to show consistency over a number of games especially given how bad the last few week shave been. The next 4 games will be very interesting (Toronto, Atlanta, Boston and Washington). I'll be very surprised if we win more than 1 of them.

Ordinarily i'd agree with you but i'm not looking at simplistic aspects of the game. From a MACRO level Jeff had this team doing things the right way. They STRETCHED THE DEFENSE thin by spacing the floor in an exaggerated way. They kept the ball far back behind the 3pt line and spaced 2 guys in the corners and this in effect made it impossible to give help. That's what i'm talking about. That will work against any team!

Game Thread: Knicks Vs. Bulls on National TV........UGGGG, another national broadcast of dysfunction!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy