GameThread: Will Randle get some burn again the Knicks, @76ers
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/11/2017  8:07 PM
PresIke wrote:
nixluva wrote:This Knicks offense SUCKS!!! They don't run anything involving the top 3 players!!! This is STUPID!!!

I thought we had a good coach...sayz more fans now...

This is what puzzles me cuz this is not how JEFF coached in PHX or what he said he wanted to do with this team. The way we play it's Melo on his own or Rose on his own and they don't run anything for KP! WTF!

AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/11/2017  8:07 PM
47 points allowed at the half. 20 point 2nd quarter. Yes, it's the Sixers, but progress on D. That's all I wanna see. I'll take it.
ScoreBot
1/11/2017  8:08 PM
2Q - 0:00
PHI 47 NYK 52
SocraticBallin22

1/11/2017  8:09 PM
nixluva wrote:
PresIke wrote:
nixluva wrote:This Knicks offense SUCKS!!! They don't run anything involving the top 3 players!!! This is STUPID!!!

This is what puzzles me cuz this is not how JEFF coached in PHX or what he said he wanted to do with this team. The way we play it's Melo on his own or Rose on his own and they don't run anything for KP! WTF!

Sorry, guys, but the entire focus of the team right now needs to be on the defense. It doesn't matter what our offense is, we will never win with the way we've been playing D. I saw some improvement in the 1st half holding them under 50 with a 20 point quarter.

nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  8:10 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

3 of you main scorers are iso guys

That's really no excuse for poorly designed offense. They should be running teams thru screens to get open looks for the scorers on this team. How can you run an offense where none of your top players actually run plays together??? This is horrible.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/11/2017  8:11 PM
PresIke wrote:

There have been moments...with certain combinations of players, where our offense looks good enough...you can make your own conclusions from this.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ScoreBot
1/11/2017  8:12 PM
HALFTIME
PHI 47 NYK 52
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/11/2017  8:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2017  8:15 PM
WP76 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:then he pulls up for the floater right before contact, he would have surely got the foul, but instead you get a long rebound and a fast break the other way

Rose just puts his head down and goes "hell bent" (a favorite Clyde expression) without any appreciation of the location of his teammates.

If he went hell bent he would be avg an extra 5 points just of Ft's, thats how he won the MVP.

Team took 5 FT's the entire half

ES
nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  8:15 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
PresIke wrote:

Sorry, guys, but the entire focus of the team right now needs to be on the defense. It doesn't matter what our offense is, we will never win with the way we've been playing D. I saw some improvement in the 1st half holding them under 50 with a 20 point quarter.

No I disagree!!! This offense is HORRIBLE! You have to be a highly efficient offense if you aren't strong defensively. The Strength of this team is on offense but they can't be successful playing Triple ISO.

I would LOVE it if this team was great on D but that's not gonna happen. What makes that worse is playing bad offensive ball like this. They should be blowing Philly out!!! This offense is PUTRID and is keeping Philly in the game.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/11/2017  8:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
PresIke wrote:

There have been moments...with certain combinations of players, where our offense looks good enough...you can make your own conclusions from this.

Were not maximizing our talent, Nix is right, we take ok shots, but there is a better shot almost every possesion

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2017  8:18 PM
Only got to see the 15-3 run by the Sixers. They didn't look very good on either end of the floor when I started watching.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  8:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
PresIke wrote:

Were not maximizing our talent, Nix is right, we take ok shots, but there is a better shot almost every possesion

EXACTLY!!! Plus this is destroying KP! Pay attention to how KP is being used! They don't run anything for him. Where the F are the Down Screen Curls for KP??? Some nice PnR or PnP for KP???
I mean they just have him out there without a purpose. When he gets the ball most of the time he's not in any kind of scoring position!!!

SocraticBallin22

1/11/2017  8:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
PresIke wrote:

No I disagree!!! This offense is HORRIBLE! You have to be a highly efficient offense if you aren't strong defensively. The Strength of this team is on offense but they can't be successful playing Triple ISO.

I would LOVE it if this team was great on D but that's not gonna happen. What makes that worse is playing bad offensive ball like this. They should be blowing Philly out!!! This offense is PUTRID and is keeping Philly in the game.

Would you prefer to be scoring 110 like we have the last 10 games but giving up 120+ every game? That's my point. Concentrate more on defense and getting stops. The offense will come with the talent on the roster.

WP76
Member: #4508

1/11/2017  8:22 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
WP76 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:then he pulls up for the floater right before contact, he would have surely got the foul, but instead you get a long rebound and a fast break the other way

Rose just puts his head down and goes "hell bent" (a favorite Clyde expression) without any appreciation of the location of his teammates.

If he went hell bent he would be avg an extra 5 points just of Ft's, thats how he won the MVP.

Team took 5 FT's the entire half

Two issues here:

(1) Rose gets amazingly few "and ones" given the amount of times he drives to the hoops so, yes, he should get more FTs.

(2) By having such tunnel vision, he severely limits the overall potential of this offense.

ScoreBot
1/11/2017  8:24 PM
3Q - 11:06
PHI 47 NYK 52
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/11/2017  8:24 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

3 of you main scorers are iso guys

KP is fine within a system...Even Anthony can hold the ball less at times and be productive.

The problem is that the ball doesn't move enough...players don't move enough (or get rewarded when the do move)and guys feel that deserve to go ISO a certain number of times each game.

The issue is that we don't have a point player...does not matter if it is a PG, or guys like James or D.Green, we don't have a top-flight facilitator.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2017  8:26 PM
This sucks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  8:27 PM
The fact that KP's 1st look is a 3 just ticks me off. Run something for the kid closer to the rim and quick hitting so they can't double him!!!
ScoreBot
1/11/2017  8:28 PM
3Q - 8:48
PHI 52 NYK 52
SocraticBallin22

1/11/2017  8:29 PM
Get NOah the F**k out of the game! He's not even looking at the basket and his man is not even guarding him doubling KP!
GameThread: Will Randle get some burn again the Knicks, @76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy