GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Well that wasn't a fun ending. I understand letting Rose and Melo drive the offense in the 4th, they were having a great game. We saw something other than dump the ball to Melo in crunch time. How many times have we been able to say that in the last 4-5 years, whatever it is?

The mistake IMO was Hornacek leaving KP on the bench too long and icing him, should have brought him in a little sooner before asking him to make the game winning shot. Didnt have a problem with the play, KP was wide open.

There were a couple of times were Lee either stalled or looked off KP. One time was when KP blocked Embiid, then ran down the court wide open for the alley oop and Lee didnt even try to get the ball to him. He was waving his arms under the rim. It feels like there are cliques on this team, in this franchise. Its not a healthy situation for the Knicks to be in.

It doesn't help that the head coach doesn't look like he has the autonomy he should have. Too many cooks....

Have to tip my hat to Phil however for promoting Clarence Gaines to VP of player development. Id love for Gaines to be named GM, and Mills kicked upstairs. Even if he isn't, Gaines's is gaining more influence, someone to bounce ideas off of, even if he doesnt have a role in the decision making process. Its been a long while since the Knicks succesfully groomed an exec in house, hopefully to have a larger role down the road.

Why are people so focused on Mills, he is a bean counter...

We can do better, that's why. Mills is more of a yes man than anything else. Better question is why wouldn't you want to see more than just a bean counter get the job?

Mills is the same guy who some folks were talking about his rolodex of connections, but couldn't fimd a single job in the NBA after getting pushed out of the Knicks, the first time. Id love to see Phil groom someone who could lead this franchise after he's gone. Someone who knows what they're doing. Dont know how this will turn out, but Im glad Phil is giving Gaines a larger role in the organization. Someone who actually did something to earn it. What a novel concept.

They actually need people in the front office who knows how to count beans..Mills was being considered for head of players association..He currently doesn't make player decision..And after Fisher, Rambis and Hornacek, do you really want Phil making that call??

Bean counters have their place, and so do execs with an eye for talent, and deal making. Mills was the one who gave us Isiah and all the misery that followed. When Mills was about to trade Shump to Phoenix, he didn't have Woodson sit him, and he got hurt, killing the deal. This is what happens when you have bean counters running things.

Gaines has shown that he is a good talent evaluator, he has earned a larger role in this organization. Considering that all Mills had to do to get the job was hire the worst exec in franchise history, enable bad behavior, look the other way at very serious charges against one of his employees, I would think that would be good news to you.

Magic Johnson gave us Isiah..

Magic recommended Isiah, Mills hired him. Magic felt so bad about that he gave Mills a job when noone in the league would.

Magic Johnson said he told Dolan he wasn't interested in the job and recommended Isiah to Dolan...If you are saying Mills did the paperwork, yes, you are correct...

Mills asked Magic for a recommendation and Mills went to Dolan. It was his job to find the best man for the job. Not even close.

If your defense of Mills is that he is an empty suit with no influence, then Im not sure why you are so keen to see him jump from one postiion in this organization to another. I would rather see Mills move on, but that aint happening. Not unless Magic is hiring again.

Because yuu are pushing total BS!!!

Everything? Wow, sounds so final. Sorry Donald.

But you know Mills isn't making those calls...Nor is he making any personnel calls about what's happening now...Mills is Dolan's stooge...Whatever, I don't care..

Yet this back and forth started because you had some kind of problem with me talking about someone replacing him as GM.

I guess my larger point I'm trying to make to a few people pointing out Mills, is that he is just a suit...Decisions are being made by Phil and Dolan..I could care less about the pencil pushers..Let's keep the focus and the "blame", if it's the case, on the people making the decisions...

Point taken. Ask yourself holfresh, when was the last time you heard about anyone in the Knicks organization who did anything of note to earn a promotion? The solution to having only Dolan and Phil call the shots, to having flunkies installed in important positions in the organization, is to place talented people in the organization in their place. Hopefully this promotion will pay dividends for the franchise down the road.

AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

1/12/2017  8:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Well that wasn't a fun ending. I understand letting Rose and Melo drive the offense in the 4th, they were having a great game. We saw something other than dump the ball to Melo in crunch time. How many times have we been able to say that in the last 4-5 years, whatever it is?

The mistake IMO was Hornacek leaving KP on the bench too long and icing him, should have brought him in a little sooner before asking him to make the game winning shot. Didnt have a problem with the play, KP was wide open.

There were a couple of times were Lee either stalled or looked off KP. One time was when KP blocked Embiid, then ran down the court wide open for the alley oop and Lee didnt even try to get the ball to him. He was waving his arms under the rim. It feels like there are cliques on this team, in this franchise. Its not a healthy situation for the Knicks to be in.

It doesn't help that the head coach doesn't look like he has the autonomy he should have. Too many cooks....

Have to tip my hat to Phil however for promoting Clarence Gaines to VP of player development. Id love for Gaines to be named GM, and Mills kicked upstairs. Even if he isn't, Gaines's is gaining more influence, someone to bounce ideas off of, even if he doesnt have a role in the decision making process. Its been a long while since the Knicks succesfully groomed an exec in house, hopefully to have a larger role down the road.

Why are people so focused on Mills, he is a bean counter...

We can do better, that's why. Mills is more of a yes man than anything else. Better question is why wouldn't you want to see more than just a bean counter get the job?

Mills is the same guy who some folks were talking about his rolodex of connections, but couldn't fimd a single job in the NBA after getting pushed out of the Knicks, the first time. Id love to see Phil groom someone who could lead this franchise after he's gone. Someone who knows what they're doing. Dont know how this will turn out, but Im glad Phil is giving Gaines a larger role in the organization. Someone who actually did something to earn it. What a novel concept.

They actually need people in the front office who knows how to count beans..Mills was being considered for head of players association..He currently doesn't make player decision..And after Fisher, Rambis and Hornacek, do you really want Phil making that call??

Bean counters have their place, and so do execs with an eye for talent, and deal making. Mills was the one who gave us Isiah and all the misery that followed. When Mills was about to trade Shump to Phoenix, he didn't have Woodson sit him, and he got hurt, killing the deal. This is what happens when you have bean counters running things.

Gaines has shown that he is a good talent evaluator, he has earned a larger role in this organization. Considering that all Mills had to do to get the job was hire the worst exec in franchise history, enable bad behavior, look the other way at very serious charges against one of his employees, I would think that would be good news to you.

Magic Johnson gave us Isiah..

Magic recommended Isiah, Mills hired him. Magic felt so bad about that he gave Mills a job when noone in the league would.

Magic Johnson said he told Dolan he wasn't interested in the job and recommended Isiah to Dolan...If you are saying Mills did the paperwork, yes, you are correct...

Mills asked Magic for a recommendation and Mills went to Dolan. It was his job to find the best man for the job. Not even close.

If your defense of Mills is that he is an empty suit with no influence, then Im not sure why you are so keen to see him jump from one postiion in this organization to another. I would rather see Mills move on, but that aint happening. Not unless Magic is hiring again.

Because yuu are pushing total BS!!!

Everything? Wow, sounds so final. Sorry Donald.

But you know Mills isn't making those calls...Nor is he making any personnel calls about what's happening now...Mills is Dolan's stooge...Whatever, I don't care..

Yet this back and forth started because you had some kind of problem with me talking about someone replacing him as GM.

I guess my larger point I'm trying to make to a few people pointing out Mills, is that he is just a suit...Decisions are being made by Phil and Dolan..I could care less about the pencil pushers..Let's keep the focus and the "blame", if it's the case, on the people making the decisions...

Point taken. Ask yourself holfresh, when was the last time you heard about anyone in the Knicks organization who did anything of note to earn a promotion? The solution to having only Dolan and Phil call the shots, to having flunkies installed in important positions in the organization, is to place talented people in the organization in their place. Hopefully this promotion will pay dividends for the franchise down the road.

It's a structural issue in the organization which you can argue could well be one of the major reasons it's so dysfunctional..There is no continuity except for Mills which is scary within itself..So yeah I agree with you that it would be nice to have some basketball people with scouting talent within the organization..

Dolan just doesn't seem like a type of guy that form many bonds for some reason..
GameThread: Will Randle get some burn again the Knicks, @76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy