[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Will Randle get some burn again the Knicks, @76ers
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
1/11/2017  10:00 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Even if by some miracle we made the playoffs Rose and Melo would see it as a way to showcase their brand and you'd see us be swiftly swept.

In a way it's good this is happening. Just like that miserable 17 win season led us to KP. This train wreck could lead us to a better place.

Two things though. One is we must move Rose. He is toxic to KPs development. Jennings is a much better stop gap or short term solution. Two Melo needs to move on. Love Melos love for Knicks and NY but enough is enough. Trade time.

As I said earlier where are all the highlights of Rose to KP or Melo to KP??? There's something wrong if you're Offense doesn't create TONS of great plays involving the top 3 players!!!

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  10:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2017  10:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:KP ONLY HAD 10 SHOTS TONIGHT. That is a failure of this offense if he's not FEATURED EARLY AND OFTEN!!! I'm seeing all kinds of bad offense and a lack of purpose to what this team does.

They don't effectively use the talent they have to its max. We don't have do everything possible to help make KP successful. Teams should have to run a gauntlet to get at KP all game. How is it we don't see highlight videos of all the great Rose to KP plays!!!

Rose was starting to find KP more a few weeks ago. But KP looks like he's injured again. He looks gassed whenever he's out there. I guess it's the achilles? KP doesn't look right. He was like floating through the game, not playing hard. Don't blame the offense.

I'm definitely blaming the offense cuz I'm looking at the lack of set actions that involve the best players on the team!!! You won't have to look long for Duncan and Parker highlights over their career and really any combo of PG and PF/C THIS TALENTED should produce TONS of great offense every game. So WHERE IS IT???

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/11/2017  10:04 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:KP ONLY HAD 10 SHOTS TONIGHT. That is a failure of this offense if he's not FEATURED EARLY AND OFTEN!!! I'm seeing all kinds of bad offense and a lack of purpose to what this team does.

They don't effectively use the talent they have to its max. We don't have do everything possible to help make KP successful. Teams should have to run a gauntlet to get at KP all game. How is it we don't see highlight videos of all the great Rose to KP plays!!!

Rose was starting to find KP more a few weeks ago. But KP looks like he's injured again. He looks gassed whenever he's out there. I guess it's the achilles? KP doesn't look right. He was like floating through the game, not playing hard. Don't blame the offense.

Rose played better today but simply when he is in it becomes too much one on one with he and Melo. KP becomes a distant 3rd. Jennings has a better feel for getting KP the ball. I know Jennings is frustrating and passes the ball to the opposing team almost as much as his own teammates but he plays in a manner and a culture I like and see young players developing in. Rose has been a cancer for us. I tell you look back to camp with his rape trial and all that he has not let this team truly gel because of his style of play and constant in/out of the lineup.

Melo I don't want to trade because I feel he is genuine and really wants to win for NY. But at this point it makes zero sense for us to keep Rose n Melo. Time to blow this **** up.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2017  10:06 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Even if by some miracle we made the playoffs Rose and Melo would see it as a way to showcase their brand and you'd see us be swiftly swept.

In a way it's good this is happening. Just like that miserable 17 win season led us to KP. This train wreck could lead us to a better place.

Two things though. One is we must move Rose. He is toxic to KPs development. Jennings is a much better stop gap or short term solution. Two Melo needs to move on. Love Melos love for Knicks and NY but enough is enough. Trade time.

We are stuck as a franchise so long as Melo and Rose are Knicks. Melo should go somewhere he can play as a stretch 4 where he has fanatic defence around him. Many contenders could use him. I genuinely want good things for Melo because unlike Rose I know he's a legit leader and truly tried to right the NY ship.

I don't agree with the 'showcase their brand' statement but I am not sure what has happened to the offense. The increase in their running the triangle is frustrating. I am concerned that Jeff isn't coaching the team with autonomy anymore.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
1/11/2017  10:07 PM
Not getting KP is a problem. Playing Calderon type defense is another.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/11/2017  10:10 PM
So whenRose says...him and management and the rest of the players are on the same page...is he talking about losses to 10 win teams?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/11/2017  10:10 PM
nixluva wrote:

As I said earlier where are all the highlights of Rose to KP or Melo to KP??? There's something wrong if you're Offense doesn't create TONS of great plays involving the top 3 players!!!

This is falling back on the coach, the entire starting unit was a minus, and the entire bench was a plus all game long..

ES
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
1/11/2017  10:11 PM
fwk00 wrote:I saw this comment on realgm; "how much can a fanbase suffer?"

Being a Knicks fan really helps me understand what Job went through.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  10:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

We are stuck as a franchise so long as Melo and Rose are Knicks. Melo should go somewhere he can play as a stretch 4 where he has fanatic defence around him. Many contenders could use him. I genuinely want good things for Melo because unlike Rose I know he's a legit leader and truly tried to right the NY ship.

I don't agree with the 'showcase their brand' statement but I am not sure what has happened to the offense. The increase in their running the triangle is frustrating. I am concerned that Jeff isn't coaching the team with autonomy anymore.

I was expecting Jeff to coach this team his way! I thought they'd progressively move away from the Triangle as the season went along but they've INCREASED the %. What's worse tho is that none of the offense seriously involves the top players working off of each other.

When they do get into a two man game they play LIKE STRANGERS!!! There's almost ZERO CHEMISTRY between either Melo, Rose or KP!!! By now they should know each other's game and be making great plays. Even the once great chemistry between BJ and KP has disappeared!!! WTF???

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/11/2017  10:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I was expecting Jeff to coach this team his way! I thought they'd progressively move away from the Triangle as the season went along but they've INCREASED the %. What's worse tho is that none of the offense seriously involves the top players working off of each other.

When they do get into a two man game they play LIKE STRANGERS!!! There's almost ZERO CHEMISTRY between either Melo, Rose or KP!!! By now they should know each other's game and be making great plays. Even the once great chemistry between BJ and KP has disappeared!!! WTF???

Nix do you think it is Phil/Rambis pushing the triangle and the crappy defense?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/11/2017  10:19 PM
We don't run much Triangle. What happens is we often stop running the offense to go 1 on 1. Clyde mentions it all the time. I'd be happy if we ran the Triangle, would mean the team actually ran an offense. Instead it's too much 1 on 1.
nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  10:22 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:We don't run much Triangle. What happens is we often stop running the offense to go 1 on 1. Clyde mentions it all the time. I'd be happy if we ran the Triangle, would mean the team actually ran an offense. Instead it's too much 1 on 1.

I'm afraid I have to correct you they are in fact running Triangle but it's HORRIBLE TRIANGLE. I can point out exactly what I'm talking about when I get a chance tomorrow. But TRUST ME THEY'RE RUNNING TRIANGLE.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/11/2017  10:25 PM
PresIke wrote:
fwk00 wrote:I saw this comment on realgm; "how much can a fanbase suffer?"

Being a Knicks fan really helps me understand what Job went through.

You know it's bad when we are reaching for biblical references...

nixluva
USA
1/11/2017  10:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Nix do you think it is Phil/Rambis pushing the triangle and the crappy defense?

I think it's EXACTLY THAT Phil and Rambis have convinced Jeff the answer to the team's problems on offense is to run more Triangle. The problem is that this poor version of Triangle doesn't have the depth or commitment to it. You saw KOQ and Lee run it to perfection on a few possessions but when Rose and Melo are both in there you end up with just a series of ISO or one on one looks out of the Triangle.

They don't run any of the KP Drag Screens or Curls with a Down Screen for KP to get a catch and shootin rhythm!!! All the beautiful back cuts are gone! That's why I said we need LESS Triangle with this group. Earlier in the year they were much more free flowing and effective with more PnR but I think Phil and Rambis have pushed more Triangle!

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
1/11/2017  10:31 PM
Well, I'm pissed at the Sixers . . . without that last second shot, I'd be doing quite well with this year's game picker. Or, maybe I should should be p***ed at the Knicks for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. How did we lose that game? I'm reasonable sure that every college team in the top 20 could have handled those last two minutes. Argh. Our guys sure didn't seem too excited about the possibility of winning :( Big "L" on everyone's forehead!
holfresh
Member: #1081

1/11/2017  10:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/11/2017  10:51 PM
They have to move KP to the five..He doesn't defend anymore..At least he gave Embiid some trouble close to the rim...Just concede and make him a center...

Doesn't make sense you pull him in the 4th for Lance because of defense..Just make him a 5..
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

1/11/2017  11:08 PM
holfresh wrote:They have to move KP to the five..He doesn't defend anymore..At least he gave Embiid some trouble close to the rim...Just concede and make him a center...

Doesn't make sense you pull him in the 4th for Lance because of defense..Just make him a 5..

^^^^
This....Cant pull KP out of the game and leave Noah and Thomas on the floor...The offense lacks with those two on the floor, plus Courtney who never touches the ball...

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

1/12/2017  1:27 AM
What is really weird is KP not getting the ball when he is with the second unit
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/12/2017  1:54 AM
Wow - this says it all -

¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/12/2017  5:14 AM
Knicks, meet rock bottom.

You might think after the bottom, there is no way but up. Well, the Knicks have shown to be good at one thing: digging themselves deeper into chaos.

Knicks_Fan
GameThread: Will Randle get some burn again the Knicks, @76ers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy