[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/12/2017  7:35 AM
After that performance yesterday Josh Jackson is going to jump above Tatum and Smith. In fact I bet he will get consideration all the way up top. These are the type of play and games the pro scouts weigh on. 2 way clutch efficient effect on game handling skils at 6-8. I guarantee some teams now have him as prospect 1 and no later than 3
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

2/12/2017  10:56 AM
callmened wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Watching kentucky. Fox game jumper is really bad

yep. its bad. but inh igh school he would have these breakout games where he'd score 10 threes. i would hope for at least a "Streaky" player but so far at kentucky he has NOT shot it well

He is very deserving of a top 10 pick because of his all around skills but hoping a player like him turn into Wall or Westbrook type takes a lot of faith. I think he will end up in the Reggie Jackson type. I think the worse case would be Monta Ellis/Rose type if scoring but I think Fox is a way more willing passer and that will save him. If Rose or Ellis were 8-10 ast guys who played defense they would still be great. I should also add that he would have to be able to get to the line a lot too or else he would borderline on the Elfrid Payton level.

I will say this too, watching him a week ago play florida he stood out more than Monk. Monk let himself be guarded by two undersized players and was only 4-14(I think). Now Florida is ranked top 5 in defensive efficiency but if you are a prime time player you have to show up more than what Monk did.

smackeddog
Member: #883
2/12/2017  10:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2017  11:00 AM
BRIGGS wrote:After that performance yesterday Josh Jackson is going to jump above Tatum and Smith. In fact I bet he will get consideration all the way up top. These are the type of play and games the pro scouts weigh on. 2 way clutch efficient effect on game handling skils at 6-8. I guarantee some teams now have him as prospect 1 and no later than 3

I haven't seen much of him, but he was one of those players who I just liked straight away. I think draftexpress and a few others have had him at 3 for a while. Here's him in last nights game:

smackeddog
2/12/2017  11:19 AM
Hmm, we're on 22-33, looking at our schedule, danger awaits after the all star break- the schedule is pretty easy:

Cavs
Sixers
Raptors
Magic
Sixers
Warriors
Magic
Bucks
Pistons
Nets
Pacers
Nets

If we're not 100% committed to tanking we could easily win enough games to end up with a dangerously late lottery pick. However if we are committed to taking then it holds great opportunity- Magic we play twice and are 2 wins behind us (20-36)- this is important as they have now switched to tanking, and will be shedding players at the trade deadline, so will be looking to lose a lot. Sixers we play 3 times and are 2 wins behind of us (20-34), they also may be about to go on a losing skid as Embiid is out with a meniscus tear, they're about to trade OK4 and maybe Noel.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/12/2017  1:07 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
callmened wrote:

yep. its bad. but inh igh school he would have these breakout games where he'd score 10 threes. i would hope for at least a "Streaky" player but so far at kentucky he has NOT shot it well

He is very deserving of a top 10 pick because of his all around skills but hoping a player like him turn into Wall or Westbrook type takes a lot of faith. I think he will end up in the Reggie Jackson type. I think the worse case would be Monta Ellis/Rose type if scoring but I think Fox is a way more willing passer and that will save him. If Rose or Ellis were 8-10 ast guys who played defense they would still be great. I should also add that he would have to be able to get to the line a lot too or else he would borderline on the Elfrid Payton level.

I will say this too, watching him a week ago play florida he stood out more than Monk. Monk let himself be guarded by two undersized players and was only 4-14(I think). Now Florida is ranked top 5 in defensive efficiency but if you are a prime time player you have to show up more than what Monk did.

I have the same thoughts on Fox. His elite athleticism, major defensive potential, and all round intangibles instantly makes him a top ten pick. Although his jumper is pretty shaky, his shot mechanics don't look that bad at all, just needs to get it more consistent. Only thing I hope is that if we were to get him, then he ought to bulk up a bit.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

2/12/2017  1:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:Hmm, we're on 22-33, looking at our schedule, danger awaits after the all star break- the schedule is pretty easy:

Cavs
Sixers
Raptors
Magic
Sixers
Warriors
Magic
Bucks
Pistons
Nets
Pacers
Nets

If we're not 100% committed to tanking we could easily win enough games to end up with a dangerously late lottery pick. However if we are committed to taking then it holds great opportunity- Magic we play twice and are 2 wins behind us (20-36)- this is important as they have now switched to tanking, and will be shedding players at the trade deadline, so will be looking to lose a lot. Sixers we play 3 times and are 2 wins behind of us (20-34), they also may be about to go on a losing skid as Embiid is out with a meniscus tear, they're about to trade OK4 and maybe Noel.

We'd be stupid to try and win all those easy games. At best, we would have a net win total of 4 games from that schedule which wouldn't even put us near contention for the playoffs.

The Future is Bright!
VCoug
Member: #1406

2/12/2017  3:20 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Hmm, we're on 22-33, looking at our schedule, danger awaits after the all star break- the schedule is pretty easy:

Cavs
Sixers
Raptors
Magic
Sixers
Warriors
Magic
Bucks
Pistons
Nets
Pacers
Nets

We'd be stupid to try and win all those easy games. At best, we would have a net win total of 4 games from that schedule which wouldn't even put us near contention for the playoffs.

It's not that easy of a schedule, thankfully. Bucks and Pistons have better records, Philly has nearly the same record and will be getting Ben Simmons back, a lot of those games are away games: Cleveland, Orlando x2, Philly x1, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Brooklyn x1, and the 2nd Orlando game is the 2nd night of a back to back.

Also, the schedule for the rest of the year after that is pretty brutal:

@LAC
@Utah - Back2Back
@Portland - Back2Back
@SA
Detroit
Miami
@Miami
Boston
Chicago
Washington - Back2Back
@Memphis - Back2Back
Toronto
Philly

After that last Nets game on 3/16 we might not win another game the rest of the season.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
wargames
Member: #6053

2/12/2017  3:25 PM
TPercy wrote:

Cavs
Sixers
Raptors
Magic
Sixers
Warriors
Magic
Bucks
Pistons
Nets
Pacers
Nets

You don't think this team/FO is stupid enough to try and win those games?

You haven't been paying attention Breh........

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
2/12/2017  3:28 PM
VCoug wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Cavs
Sixers
Raptors
Magic
Sixers
Warriors
Magic
Bucks
Pistons
Nets
Pacers
Nets

It's not that easy of a schedule, thankfully. Bucks and Pistons have better records, Philly has nearly the same record and will be getting Ben Simmons back, a lot of those games are away games: Cleveland, Orlando x2, Philly x1, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Brooklyn x1, and the 2nd Orlando game is the 2nd night of a back to back.

Also, the schedule for the rest of the year after that is pretty brutal:

@LAC
@Utah - Back2Back
@Portland - Back2Back
@SA
Detroit
Miami
@Miami
Boston
Chicago
Washington - Back2Back
@Memphis - Back2Back
Toronto
Philly

After that last Nets game on 3/16 we might not win another game the rest of the season.

Ha, the perfect end to a crapper of a season!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/12/2017  11:13 PM
Question for the draft followers and college bball guys -

are any of the PG or SG we're looking at really good lock down defenders? Or have that potential?

¿ △ ?
callmened
Member: #4234

2/12/2017  11:21 PM
deaaron fox is a sensational on ball defender

smith, ball - can be but dont always put in the effort

ntilikina - i really dont know

fultz - phases out

monk - horrible. lol

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/12/2017  11:27 PM
BRIGGS wrote:The only SF I would take within 10 is Tatum. I like the way he handles the ball. He reminds me a lot of Paul Pierce.

You are saying you wouldn't take J-Jackson in top 10?

If that is so --- you need to go back to basketball kindergarten.

Jackson (and not a Frank Kaminsky) is the best player in this draft.

LivingLegend

2/12/2017  11:28 PM

And Monk is Jordan right?

crzymdups
USA
2/12/2017  11:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2017  11:33 PM
callmened wrote:deaaron fox is a sensational on ball defender

smith, ball - can be but dont always put in the effort

ntilikina - i really dont know

fultz - phases out

monk - horrible. lol

Yeah - I like Fox's game a lot. I don't know the others as well, but what I've seen of Ball I don't see him putting in the effort on D.

Just curious because of what an achilles heel the opposing PG and pick and roll coverage for the Knicks always is.

¿ △ ?
LivingLegend

2/12/2017  11:33 PM
In 4 games against top 25 programs Ball has gone to the line a total of 5 times - or just over 1 time per game.

In 6 games against top 25 programs Fox has gone to the line 38 times - or just over 6 times per game.

Ball doesn't get to the rim easily and doesn't attack the basket --- he has some physical limitations that folks are understating (very much like D-Russell when everyone was drooling over his fancy passes and 3 point shooting.

Careful on Ball --- he is not an elite NBA athlete. On the hand Fox is lightening quick and attacks the rim.

crzymdups
USA
2/12/2017  11:34 PM
LivingLegend wrote:In 4 games against top 25 programs Ball has gone to the line a total of 5 times - or just over 1 time per game.

In 6 games against top 25 programs Fox has gone to the line 38 times - or just over 6 times per game.

Ball doesn't get to the rim easily and doesn't attack the basket --- he has some physical limitations that folks are understating (very much like D-Russell when everyone was drooling over his fancy passes and 3 point shooting.

Careful on Ball --- he is not an elite NBA athlete. On the hand Fox is lightening quick and attacks the rim.

People seem to be falling in love with the range on his shot.

¿ △ ?
LivingLegend

2/12/2017  11:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:After that performance yesterday Josh Jackson is going to jump above Tatum and Smith. In fact I bet he will get consideration all the way up top. These are the type of play and games the pro scouts weigh on. 2 way clutch efficient effect on game handling skils at 6-8. I guarantee some teams now have him as prospect 1 and no later than 3

You just said he wasn't top 10 a few posts ago. Scouts have had him at the top all along -- they don't need single games to change ther mind.

Best player in this draft - if Knicks had top pick - they take J-Jackson all the way at the top.

LivingLegend

2/12/2017  11:42 PM
crzymdups wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:In 4 games against top 25 programs Ball has gone to the line a total of 5 times - or just over 1 time per game.

Russell had nice range as well -- Ball has no (nada/none) mid range game and he doesn't get to the rim with ease. I like Ball a lot -- I fell in love with him first 2 times I saw him but the more I watch the less impressed. He seems soft offensively to me and defensively but he rebounds the ball.

He is playing in Avery uptempo system on a team that simply doesn't defend. A kid like Fox on the other hand is being held in check somewhat by Calipari.

Fox gets to the rim as easy any player I've seen in recent memory. He defends, rebounds and he is unselfish....sees the floor.

We'd be lucky to get either but I think Ball has higher bust factor due to potential physical limitations. Or maybe I'm imagining the lack of speed/quickness I think I'm seeing on TV.

crzymdups
USA
2/13/2017  12:33 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Russell had nice range as well -- Ball has no (nada/none) mid range game and he doesn't get to the rim with ease. I like Ball a lot -- I fell in love with him first 2 times I saw him but the more I watch the less impressed. He seems soft offensively to me and defensively but he rebounds the ball.

He is playing in Avery uptempo system on a team that simply doesn't defend. A kid like Fox on the other hand is being held in check somewhat by Calipari.

Fox gets to the rim as easy any player I've seen in recent memory. He defends, rebounds and he is unselfish....sees the floor.

We'd be lucky to get either but I think Ball has higher bust factor due to potential physical limitations. Or maybe I'm imagining the lack of speed/quickness I think I'm seeing on TV.

Yeah I was gonna say the Ball hype reminded me a little of D'Angelo.

I think Fox would be my pick now. Hope we can get in range for him.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/13/2017  11:21 AM
crzymdups wrote:Question for the draft followers and college bball guys -

are any of the PG or SG we're looking at really good lock down defenders? Or have that potential?

the more I read and watch Frank Ntilikina the more I think we find a way to get him. Unless we win the lottery and move up to a top 3. He's got a Rondo like build... almost a 7 foot wingspan and a very good athlete who is a pass first PG. He's got some liabilities for sure, but assume we heavily scout him. If we cant grab one of the top 5 guards this might be our play. We really need to execute on a guard prospect.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy