[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/7/2017  8:53 PM
Watching the Kentucky game and really liking the backcourt duo. Monk is the complete offensive package. Should have a Beal or McCollum impact in the league pretty quickly. Defense might be the only thing that keeps him from being a star. Fox is great too. He would be an ideal fit. Unreal athlete and steady playmaker. His jumper needs a lot of work but its not completely broken. He has a high-floor. I don't see much bust potential with him. His speed, playmaking, and defensive skills translates pretty easily to the nba, so I think he ends up being a good starting PG even if his shooting holds him back from being a star.
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/8/2017  2:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2017  2:04 AM
Knixkik wrote:Watching the Kentucky game and really liking the backcourt duo. Monk is the complete offensive package. Should have a Beal or McCollum impact in the league pretty quickly. Defense might be the only thing that keeps him from being a star. Fox is great too. He would be an ideal fit. Unreal athlete and steady playmaker. His jumper needs a lot of work but its not completely broken. He has a high-floor. I don't see much bust potential with him. His speed, playmaking, and defensive skills translates pretty easily to the nba, so I think he ends up being a good starting PG even if his shooting holds him back from being a star.

Yep, I don't know why people are freaking out and calling for Phil head- we need to lose because there's some good talent in this draft and we have our pick. I'm quite excited about it (though would be more so if we can leap to 5th or 6th spot)

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/8/2017  8:20 AM
Im not sure what were going to do up top--Id keep options open as we have no clue where we will be drafting. I know we have two 2nd rd picks but I would do what I could do get two players

6-9 257 Caleb Swanigan PF

6-7 225 Dillon Brooks SG

Undrafted

CG 6-3 215 Zeek Woodley

PG 6-4 210 T J Williams

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/8/2017  10:36 AM
Dillon Brooks per 40 minutes

25.6 points 5.3 rebounds 5.6 assists 2.5 steals 51%

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dillon-brooks-1.html

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/9/2017  11:56 AM
Bobby Marks is doing a mock draft for the Vertical -

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-verticals-mock-draft-1-0-160149903.html

1. Boston (from Brooklyn): PG Markelle Fultz
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-4/195
Washington
The Celtics cash in once again with a top-three pick and land the player most teams consider to be the most talented prospect in the draft. Fultz will have the luxury of being able to ease his way into the NBA alongside some talented guards.

2. Phoenix: PG Lonzo Ball
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-6/190
UCLA
While the Suns have a very talented point guard on a very friendly contract in Eric Bledsoe, it remains to be seen how he fits into their long-term outlook with such a young roster. Ball’s size, creativity and unselfishness will fit in well on a roster that ranks dead last in most passing metrics.

3. L.A. Lakers: SF Josh Jackson
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-8/203
Kansas
The Lakers will be on pins and needles once again on the night of the lottery because this pick will be conveyed to Philadelphia if it falls outside of the top three. A big-time wing prospect would be a great addition to their talented roster, and Jackson’s defense, passing ability and versatility are very attractive.

4. Philadelphia: PG Dennis Smith
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-3/195
North Carolina State
The 76ers are still trying to figure out their point-guard situation, where Ben Simmons may end up spending quite a bit of time offensively. Nevertheless, in a draft that is absolutely stacked at this position, they will have to look at Smith, Malik Monk (whose skill set perhaps fits the roster best), De’Aaron Fox and Frank Ntilikina because the 76ers aren’t in position to pass on talent in order to fill a specific need. A trade could also be something they look at to speed up the rebuilding process.

5. Minnesota: SF/PF Jonathan Isaac
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-11/205
Florida State
The Timberwolves are one of the youngest teams in the NBA and might not be all that interested in adding another teenager to their roster. Barring a trade, someone like Isaac could be a good fit with Andrew Wiggins and Karl-Anthony Towns. He can guard multiple positions and stretch the floor, and plays an unselfish brand of basketball.

6. Orlando: PF Lauri Markkanen
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 7-0/225
Arizona
The Magic are one of the worst offensive teams in the NBA, in no small part due to their lack of shooting. A power forward who can space the floor is a major need, and Markkanen looks like a great fit.

7. Sacramento: SF Jayson Tatum
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-8/204
Duke
The Kings will lose this pick if it falls outside of the top 10. They have a gaping hole at small forward, and Tatum could be hard to pass. He has impressive scoring instincts and self-confidence, and will remind some of Rudy Gay.

8. New Orleans: PG De’Aaron Fox
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-4/171
Kentucky
With Jrue Holiday entering free agency this summer, the Pelicans could look to address their future at point guard in a draft that is filled with playmakers. Fox’s length, athleticism and upside would fit well long term.

9. Dallas: PG Frank Ntilikina
International
Ht./Wt.: 6-5/170
Strasbourg (Turkish Airlines Euroleague)
Deron Williams is in his mid-30s and entering free agency, meaning the Mavs could start to think about long-term guard prospects. Ntilikina plays the brand of unselfish, intelligent basketball coach Rick Carlisle likes and projects as a multi-positional defender.

10. New York: PG/SG Malik Monk
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-4/185
Kentucky
Regardless of whether Derrick Rose stays in New York, the Knicks could absolutely benefit from Monk’s offensive firepower. The sharp-shooting combo guard won’t have any qualms playing under the bright lights of Madison Square Garden.

11. Miami: SF/PF Miles Bridges
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-6/226
Michigan State
Miami’s recent winning streak has taken it out of contention for the impressive crop of potential star guard prospects. Instead, the ultra-athletic Bridges could be an interesting combo forward to pair with fellow combo forward Justise Winslow.

12. Portland: PF/C Robert Williams
Freshman
Ht./Wt.: 6-9/237
Texas A&M
Portland will likely be in the market for a big man this summer because it doesn’t have much size inside other than soon-to-be free agent Mason Plumlee. While Williams is unlikely to solve the Blazers’ defensive issues anytime soon, he represents a nice gamble at this stage in the draft. He’s a young, ultra-athletic big man with a huge wingspan and plenty of room to improve.

13. Milwaukee: SG Terrance Ferguson
Ht./Wt.: 6-7/186
Adelaide, South Australia (National Basketball League)
The Bucks could definitely use a point guard, but would have to reach for one at this point. Wing is another position of need, and the three-and-D potential of Ferguson, who went to high school in Dallas, could be a good fit.

¿ △ ?
KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

2/9/2017  8:55 PM
Crzymdups...Yup, if you want a shooting guard...
Terrance Ferguson looks much more appealing than Ball to me. If he was playing at Kentucky or Duke he would be a consensus top 5 pick.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/9/2017  9:08 PM
I love how Jayson Tatum moves the ball when his shot is off. coming in to college, passing was seen as one of his weaknesses and look how in one season it has now become a strength. Good stuff.
The Future is Bright!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/10/2017  9:47 AM
Knicks are so close to a bottom 3 record.....we must find a way to lose games!
PURE KNICKS LOVE
reub
Member: #6227

2/10/2017  10:00 AM
Andrew wrote:Knicks are so close to a bottom 3 record.....we must find a way to lose games!

It seems that the best way for this team to continue to lose games is to continue to try to win.

smackeddog
2/10/2017  11:21 AM
Andrew wrote:Knicks are so close to a bottom 3 record.....we must find a way to lose games!

Man, despite all the drama and losing, it feels like we've been stuck at the 10th spot forever! However the 5 to 9 spots all have roughly the same records (20 or 21 wins to our 22), so we could make a sudden leap to 5th if we keep losing. If the Sixers go on a roll once Embiid is back we could even climb to 4th! Then pray for luck in the lottery (after we were the only team to fall last time we had a lottery pick)

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/10/2017  12:12 PM
Lonzo Ball absolutely took over the final minute of the UCLA game and won it! This kids IQ is off the charts. He is an absolute needle mover/franchise changer...He knows when to pass and get his teammates involved and when to take over and shoot. Unbelievable...
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
2/10/2017  12:26 PM
Uptown wrote:Lonzo Ball absolutely took over the final minute of the UCLA game and won it! This kids IQ is off the charts. He is an absolute needle mover/franchise changer...He knows when to pass and get his teammates involved and when to take over and shoot. Unbelievable...

How is his D?

PURE KNICKS LOVE
smackeddog
2/10/2017  12:43 PM
Andrew wrote:
Uptown wrote:Lonzo Ball absolutely took over the final minute of the UCLA game and won it! This kids IQ is off the charts. He is an absolute needle mover/franchise changer...He knows when to pass and get his teammates involved and when to take over and shoot. Unbelievable...

How is his D?

Draftexpress lists it as a strength and says this about him:

Outstanding instincts on the defensive end. Excellent anticipation. Thin but has the size, length, quickness and instincts to be a very good defender when motivated. 3.6 steals and 2.5 blocks per 40 minutes pace adjusted.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Lonzo-Ball-7229/

Knixkik
USA
2/10/2017  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2017  12:52 PM
I have been playing close attention to a lot of these guys and really like what i see. A lot of future all-stars in this group. I don't see any real franchise-changing talents. No one with upside like Towns or KP for instance. But a lot of really good players. A few of the PGs will be on the level of Lillard, Lowry, and Kyrie maybe, but no Steph Currys or Chris Pauls. Ball and Fultz will be great. Smith and Fox should be really good as well. The french PG, i haven't seen, but he's projected in the same range. Jackson reminds me a little of Marion, Tatum reminds me a little of Rudy Gay, Mackannen looks like another Ryan Anderson, Isaac looks like Rashard Lewis, Monk looks like another Beal, and Bridges reminds me a lot of Larry Johnson. None of these guys were franchise players, but all of them were high-level starters to all-star caliber players. I think that is what we will get a lot of in this draft. It's loaded, and if we land in the top 10 we will get a really good player.
smackeddog
2/10/2017  1:58 PM
I know we need a PG, but is Josh Jackson good enough to consider taking?
BRIGGS
2/10/2017  4:21 PM
Im keeping my powder dry here with our pick. If its a top 3 than we have some no brainer decisions. There is a PG thats been talked about by me and Narddog--Ky Bowman that is also a guy people should consider--just not at 9-10. IF things go sour and PGs are off the board--if we can doi a 14-23 pick for our 9-10 with Denver--I might do that. I think Bowman looks like Tony Parker with a 3 point shot. That would leave me with the ability to get Swanigan at 23. I really like Swanigan--there are only a few good bigs in this draft--and although we dont need 1 on surface--I cant ignore the guy. He represents someone who could be a game changer with his size ability to pass and can step out.

The first thing I want to do in this draft is get faster improve 3 point shooting and help our defense. I get all 3 with Bowman if I can set up a move down and I pick up a very under rated player who will be an NBA impact player at the 4.

I want to keep my options open--thats just one scenario.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
2/10/2017  4:29 PM
Pick 1-2-3 are easy IMHO

Fultz
Ball
Smith

I dont think there is much in the way of argument. It might not come off the board like that--but thats my personal feelings if we get the top 3.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
2/10/2017  4:40 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Pick 1-2-3 are easy IMHO

Fultz
Ball
Smith

I dont think there is much in the way of argument. It might not come off the board like that--but thats my personal feelings if we get the top 3.

What about Josh Jackson?

Knixkik
USA
2/10/2017  4:47 PM

Fultz
Ball
Smith

Right now i go

1. Ball
2. Fultz
3. Smith
4. Fox
5. Monk
6. Jackson
7. Isaac
8. Ntikina
9. Tatum
10. Bridges

BRIGGS
2/10/2017  5:03 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Fultz
Ball
Smith

Right now i go

1. Ball
2. Fultz
3. Smith
4. Fox
5. Monk
6. Jackson
7. Isaac
8. Ntikina
9. Tatum
10. Bridges

3 point shooting from the guard position is a high level prerequisite but I like Fox enough to take him 4 or 5.

RIP Crushalot😞
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy