Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
2/1/2017  1:51 PM
callmened wrote:
TPercy wrote:Kentucky vs Kansas is on today at 6:15 on ESPN

keep your eye on deaaron fox (if he plays). most likely the knicks will fall into a pick around 12-16th range. he might be available. super athletic left pass first PG who CANT shoot. hies basically a younger b.jennings with upside

I like De'Aaron Fox a lot. He's bigger than Jennings, and I think a better playmaker. His shot is a problem though.

I think our pick will likely be in the 6-10 range, but if we really tank we can get to the 4/5/6 range.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
2/1/2017  1:56 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Top 5

1 Faultz(by a good margin)
2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

I like both Kentucky guards - Monk and Fox. You really think Monk will go 2nd? Draft Express has him 9th right now. I know he just had that 47pt game though...

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/1/2017  2:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:

2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

I like both Kentucky guards - Monk and Fox. You really think Monk will go 2nd? Draft Express has him 9th right now. I know he just had that 47pt game though...

He has a LOT of potential to be a star. In terms of potential I like him 2nd best. I think transition him to PG and watch out. Unguardable and has great range.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/1/2017  2:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

He has a LOT of potential to be a star. In terms of potential I like him 2nd best. I think transition him to PG and watch out. Unguardable and has great range.

What sort of potential do they have- if we set D'Angelo Russell as the bench mark, which will be better and which will be worse?

BRIGGS
2/1/2017  2:51 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

What sort of potential do they have- if we set D'Angelo Russell as the bench mark, which will be better and which will be worse?

Star wont miss Melo for a second much faster team. I think MOnk has real upside with his defense rebounding and passing--but his offense is way off the charts right now. Hes got the 3 ball game hes unguardable he finishes like westbrook incredible combo of body control and athletic force but with the skill. There are so many good Gs we should get 1. But if i was trading melo--id try to get another mid range pick with a young player--we could get better fast.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
2/1/2017  3:08 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

Star wont miss Melo for a second much faster team. I think MOnk has real upside with his defense rebounding and passing--but his offense is way off the charts right now. Hes got the 3 ball game hes unguardable he finishes like westbrook incredible combo of body control and athletic force but with the skill. There are so many good Gs we should get 1. But if i was trading melo--id try to get another mid range pick with a young player--we could get better fast.

Yeah if we could nab Monk or Fox in the top 10 and then maybe OG Anunoby in the mid/late first round, I'd be pretty happy.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
2/1/2017  3:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

Thanks, I'm very hopeful we can finish with the 5th worst record, after that we're relying on the luck of the lottery balls (they owe us from 2015!)

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/1/2017  3:17 PM
Chad Ford Released his new ESPN big board. Here's the top 15.
1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Smith
5. Isaac
6. Monk
7. Tatum
8. Giles
9. Markkanen
10. Fox
11. Ntilikina
12. Bridges
13. Patton
14. R. Williams
15. Leaf

He essentially says there is a major drop off after Bridges (12) and how anyone in the top 12 would be a top 5 pick in a typical draft. So we need to get into that top 12, which i'm sure we will at this point. I don't think we have much use for Markkanen, he's similar to Ryan Anderson, but his skillset probably overlaps too much with Porzingis. Giles has a lot of risk as well. But everyone else in the top 12 is a PG, SG, or SF, so if KP and Willy are the long-term PF/C combo, we will find a good fit. Obviously a PG is the first option. I don't think there are any consensus franchise players here, but a lot of guys can be really good. After the top 12, there are a ton of PF/C types, which i don't think we have much use for, so it's essentially we get into the top 10 to be safe and grab a PG or a wing.

Knixkik
USA
2/1/2017  3:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

2 Monk
3 Ball
4 Smith
5 Patton

Yeah if we could nab Monk or Fox in the top 10 and then maybe OG Anunoby in the mid/late first round, I'd be pretty happy.

That would be great. I would love OG or Hart with a later 1st round pick. And one of the Kentucky guards would be great.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/2/2017  10:47 PM
OG just suffered a major knee injury. Plus I didn't think he was that good to begin with. He's an amazing athletic defender. He's sefalosha 2.0

Monk is lights out on offenss. Reminds me of a smaller Jr smith (without the craziness of course)

I think the knicks could land deaaron fox...a bigger B jennings who plays excellent defense

Before making predictions, Knicks need to figure out what they need, if they'll trade melo etc etc

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
2/5/2017  1:18 PM
I'll tell you I'm been focusing almost strictly perimeter but if I had a pick out of the top 5 Caleb swanigan is an al Jefferson clone. He won't have as much draft value as much as actual production he will have in the NBA he's a man among boys and his shooting extends out to the 3. Kind of a funky running gait but what does that really matter?
RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/6/2017  1:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I'll tell you I'm been focusing almost strictly perimeter but if I had a pick out of the top 5 Caleb swanigan is an al Jefferson clone. He won't have as much draft value as much as actual production he will have in the NBA he's a man among boys and his shooting extends out to the 3. Kind of a funky running gait but what does that really matter?

see thats the problem. dont know who or what to focus on because we dont know who will be back.

but i agree with you BRIGGS - id focus on the perimeter. specifically the PG, SG and SF positions. i like the terrance ferguson kid (if we cant get deaaron fox)

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
smackeddog
2/7/2017  4:03 AM
Losing tot he Lakers isn't pleasant but it was ver necessary and good for potential draft positioning. Right now we're in the 10th spot with a 22-31 record- the team in 6th (Magic is only 20-33), 5th is (Twolves) just 19-33. Sixers are at 4th with 18-33, though I'm hopeful once Embiid gets back they go on a little roll again.
Knixkik
USA
2/7/2017  10:28 AM
New Chad Ford Mock. I posted the top 14. It has us taking D Fox, which i would be very happy with. Ford continues to praise the incredible depth in this draft, and proclaims a major talent drop after pick 13. Getting into the top 10 to ensure an elite prospect at a position of need is essential.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Boston Celtics (via Nets)*

Markelle Fultz
Washington
Freshman
Guard

Celtics president Danny Ainge was in Seattle this week watching Fultz go head-to-head with UCLA's Lonzo Ball and USC's De'Anthony Melton. Fultz was good but not spectacular in both games, but blame much of that on a lackluster roster at Washington.

The Celtics don't really need a point guard (they passed on Kris Dunn in last year's draft because of how loaded they are at the position). However, I don't think that will stop Boston from drafting Fultz.

Fultz has the size and natural scoring ability to play either the 1 or the 2. And his 3-point shooting should be especially appealing to the Celtics. In the two games Ainge watched, Fultz was 9-for-18 from 3.

Odds of winning lottery (if Brooklyn finishes with the worst record): 25 percent (Boston owns the rights to swap picks with Brooklyn.)

Projected record (Nets): 17-65

2. Los Angeles Lakers*

Lonzo Ball
UCLA
Freshman
Guard

The Lakers are up to a 44.4 percent chance of landing a top-three pick in the draft, according to BPI. That's up 10 percent from last month. So while the odds still favor the 76ers landing this pick, things are looking up for Lakers fans at this point.

Kevin Pelton and I went deep on what the Lakers would do if they got the No. 1 pick on Friday. Despite the solid play of sophomore point guard D'Angelo Russell, both of us felt like they'd grab Ball or Fultz if they were on the board.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Ball is especially appealing to the Lakers. His elite passing ability combined with his unselfishness has the potential to make everyone on the roster better and allow head coach Luke Walton to play the sort of game at which the Warriors have excelled. Russell can swing to the 2 and combined with Jordan Clarkson gives the Lakers three ball-handling guards in the backcourt.

Odds of winning lottery: 19.9 percent (Sixers get the Lakers' pick if it falls outside the top three)

Projected record: 27-55

3. Phoenix Suns

Josh Jackson
Kansas
Freshman
Forward

Jackson has been terrific in Big 12 play and has certainly made a strong case for the No. 1 pick. I don't see teams taking him over Fultz or Ball, but it doesn't mean he's not worthy of such a high selection.

His motor and versatility on both offense and defense make him a high-impact player. And that hitchy jump shot is starting to fall with more consistency this year. He should be a great fit on the wing next to Devin Booker.

Odds of winning lottery: 15.6 percent

4. Philadelphia 76ers

Malik Monk
Kentucky
Freshman
Guard

The Sixers falling to No. 4 paired with the Lakers moving up to No. 2 is a bit of a worse-case scenario for the Sixers when it comes to the draft lottery. But this draft is so loaded, it still won't stop them from landing another major building block.

Monk makes a lot of sense for the Sixers. Ben Simmons can play the point, so what they need is a dynamic scorer and shooter to pair with him. Monk is the most electric scorer to come into the draft in some time. He can be streaky, but when he gets going he's very difficult to stop. He should be able to instantly transform the Sixers' offense.

Odds of winning lottery: 11.9 percent

5. Orlando Magic

Dennis Smith
NC State
Freshman
Guard

The Magic are a mess and could end up in a major front office and roster overhaul this summer. That makes projecting team needs a bit difficult.

There are several good options still left on the board for Orlando here, but Smith seems like a solid fit. Elfrid Payton is up and down and even when he's on, it wouldn't prohibit them from grabbing Smith. Smith's elite athleticism and dynamic scoring ability should give the Magic some real offensive punch in their backcourt.

Odds of winning lottery: 8.8 percent

Projected record: 31-51

6. New Orleans Pelicans

Jonathan Isaac
FSU
Freshman
Forward

The Pelicans are still searching for the right players to complement Anthony Davis. Last year's lottery pick, Buddy Hield, was supposed to be that guy, but so far he has been one of the bigger disappointments from the 2016 draft. The Pelicans opted for now instead of the future -- which is why they passed on Jamal Murray -- and once again it has burned them.

I expect that at some point they have to take a more aggressive and risky swing, and drafting Isaac here represents that. Based on pure upside and talent, he may be a better overall prospect than Brandon Ingram. He just needs to add a lot of strength.

The Pelicans don't feel like they can afford to be patient. But Isaac is worth the wait.

Odds of winning lottery: 6.3 percent

Projected record: 31-51

7. Sacramento Kings*

Jayson Tatum
Duke
Freshman
Forward

The Kings will have a tough choice here if they land at No. 7. Drafting a young point guard has been a need for years. Rudy Gay is out for the season (and possibly longer) with a torn Achilles and can opt out of his contract in the summer, which would open up a hole at the 3. And none of the Kings' 4s are particularly effective. Basically, with the exception of DeMarcus Cousins, the whole roster is a wash.

Tatum probably has the most raw talent of the players left on the board. He's a prototypical NBA 3. If he can ever get his 3-point shot to fall with regularity, he'd be a steal this late in the draft.

Odds of winning lottery: 4.3 percent (If the Kings move ahead of Philadelphia in the lottery and are in the top 10, they swap spots with the Sixers. If Sacramento's pick falls outside the top 10, it will go to Chicago.)

Projected record: 33-49

8. Minnesota Timberwolves

Lauri Markkanen
Arizona
Freshman
Forward

Markannen has slowly moved himself closer to Tier 2 alongside Jackson, Monk, Smith, Isaac and Tatum. The versatile 7-footer is shooting a crazy 49 percent from 3 on nearly five attempts per game.

A few scouts have made comparisons to Dirk Nowitzki. That seems a bit hyperbolic to me. There are some similarities there, especially with Markannen's shooting ability for his height, but a Ryan Anderson comp might be more fitting.

Either way, getting another shooting big would be a nice fit for the Wolves -- if Tom Thibodeau can handle another player on the roster that doesn't play great defense.

Odds of winning lottery: 2.8 percent

Projected record: 33-49

9. Dallas Mavericks

Frank Ntilikina
France
Guard

The Mavs are about ready to hit a full reset. Nowitzki is aging along with much of the rest of the roster. Harrison Barnes seems like the only real true building block for the future (and, no, I'm not on the Yogi Ferrell future Hall of Famer bandwagon yet). That gives the Mavs a lot of flexibility when it comes to the draft.

Ntilikina is probably underrated right now. If he were in the NCAA, I think he'd be three to four spots higher in our Big Board rankings. Luckily, the Mavs have the best international scouting department in the league. They aren't sleeping on Ntilikina.

Odds of winning lottery: 1.7 percent

Projected record: 35-47

10. Miami Heat

Harry Giles
Duke
Freshman
Forward

Giles remains the trickiest prospect in the draft to evaluate. He's playing anywhere from seven to 18 minutes a game. When he plays 14 minutes or more, good things seem to happen in flashes. But overall, he still doesn't look like the Giles we saw in high school. It will be hard for teams to draft him over some of the less talented but less risky players above him.

I don't think the Heat (or Wolves, for that matter) should pass on him, though. His upside is as high as anyone's in the draft. He's shaking off a lot of rust right now, but when he gets fully healthy, he has superstar potential.

If the Heat can grab him here, they'll be thrilled. His work ethic and toughness fit Miami's culture perfectly. In a year or two, this pick could be the steal of the draft.

Odds of winning lottery: 1.1 percent

11. New York Knicks

De'Aaron Fox
Kentucky
Freshman
Guard

The depth of the draft remains ridiculous. Fox is having a terrific season for the Wildcats, he may be the fastest player in the draft and he can't crack the top 10.

The good news for Fox is that I think he'd be a great fit in New York. Both Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings are free agents this summer. At some point the Knicks are going to have to transition from Carmelo Anthony's team to Kristaps Porzingis's team. Landing Fox would be a great way to start that transition.

Odds of winning lottery: 0.8 percent

12. Denver Nuggets

Miles Bridges
Michigan State
Freshman
Forward

Bridges' hot start has cooled a bit thanks to injuries and a tough season for the Spartans. He remains an appealing prospect and one that could be a nice long-term fit in Denver.

He's versatile, super athletic and has proven he can hit college 3s at a 41 percent clip. He's still turnover prone, but it's often because he's asked to do too much. Put him around young talents like Nikola Jokic and Jamal Murray and I think he'll thrive.

Odds of winning lottery: 0.7 percent

Projected record: 36-46

13. Milwaukee Bucks

Justin Patton
Creighton
Freshman
Center

Patton has been on a meteoric rise and is the highest-rated center on our Big Board. The Bucks just dumped Miles Plumlee and have been looking to move Greg Monroe for a year.

While Patton isn't the type of player who will come in and dominate right away for the Bucks, he's the long-term building block they've been looking for in the middle. He has tremendous upside and seems to just be scratching the surface on what he can do.

Odds of winning lottery: 0.6 percent

Projected record: 37-45

14. Detroit Pistons

Terrance Ferguson
Australia
Guard

The quality of the draft starts to slip a bit after those top 13 are off the board. There are several intriguing prospects left for teams to choose from, but here the draft dips to Tier 4 and it gets pretty wide open.

Ferguson's stint in Australia has been solid. He's not shooting the ball particularly well, but he has picked up valuable experience and teams like his long-term upside as a shooter. The Pistons could use depth behind Kentavious Caldwell-Pope at the 2.

Odds of winning lottery: 0.5 percent

crzymdups
USA
2/7/2017  2:25 PM
Fox would make me happy. I really think this team can band together and get up to the 5th or 6th slot though.
¿ △ ?
Knixkik
USA
2/7/2017  2:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:Fox would make me happy. I really think this team can band together and get up to the 5th or 6th slot though.

KP, Willy, and Fox is a great core though. One of the better ones in the league possibly.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

2/7/2017  3:14 PM
I've started to take a sign to Jayson Tatum. No, he isn't a PG but I think he fits our team and KP. Even so, I'm looking for Lonzo Ball, Markelle Fultz, Dennis Smith Jr. and Josh Jackson (possibly Frank Ntkilina) atop my wish list.
crzymdups
USA
2/7/2017  4:52 PM
Knixkik wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Fox would make me happy. I really think this team can band together and get up to the 5th or 6th slot though.

KP, Willy, and Fox is a great core though. One of the better ones in the league possibly.

If the Sixers get Monk - they'll have Simmons, Monk, Embiid, Saric, Nerlens Noel...

Boston will have a top three pick this year as well.

The Atlantic is going to be a tough division for a long long time.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
2/7/2017  5:21 PM
At position 9 if this holds or even regress--were almost guaranteed a good player--maybe not great but good. I dont think this draft is as good as whats been purported but we are in line with grabbing a piece.

There are players who are going to go late rd 1 and rd 2 who are going to surprise. Tops on the list are Dillon Brooks and Swanigan. There are some other nifty players and this is without foreign players yet. Unless he shows great improvement quickly and through the summer--Im not sure Baker will stay here. I think there are other players that might be a better fit--up to him to prove it wrong.

Each draft represents a teams ability to address a team issue. With us its defense athlesticm and 3 point shooting. And we need some passionate guys who play smart. Lastly we need a 3 point specialist to replace Sasha

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
USA
2/7/2017  7:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:At position 9 if this holds or even regress--were almost guaranteed a good player--maybe not great but good. I dont think this draft is as good as whats been purported but we are in line with grabbing a piece.

There are players who are going to go late rd 1 and rd 2 who are going to surprise. Tops on the list are Dillon Brooks and Swanigan. There are some other nifty players and this is without foreign players yet. Unless he shows great improvement quickly and through the summer--Im not sure Baker will stay here. I think there are other players that might be a better fit--up to him to prove it wrong.

Each draft represents a teams ability to address a team issue. With us its defense athlesticm and 3 point shooting. And we need some passionate guys who play smart. Lastly we need a 3 point specialist to replace Sasha

This draft looks great. But I don't see any guaranteed franchise players. A lot of all stars though. That is a good thing for us because the best player might be drafted outside the top 5. You have 10 or 12 really good players without much of a gap between any of them. If you drsft in the top 3 it will be tough to sort out. If you draft 8-10 you take the best remaining player and be happy.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy