2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

6/10/2017  2:44 PM
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil should be talking to Detroit bout a trade for Melo .. I wouldn't mind having Reggie Jackson as our starter PG.

isnt reggie like rose but worse?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/10/2017  3:11 PM
dacash wrote:
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil should be talking to Detroit bout a trade for Melo .. I wouldn't mind having Reggie Jackson as our starter PG.

That makes teammates on two clubs that expressed displeasure with Jackson's game. He's the last guy I'd want as out starting PG.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
6/11/2017  2:49 PM
I'm keeping my eye on Nigel Williams-Gross! I really think Phil may take this kid later in the draft. His defense and overall maturity will likely be very attractive to Phil. The kid is ready to contribute on both ends.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/11/2017  3:38 PM
nixluva wrote:I'm keeping my eye on Nigel Williams-Gross! I really think Phil may take this kid later in the draft. His defense and overall maturity will likely be very attractive to Phil. The kid is ready to contribute on both ends.

He's a winner too... that's my guy. I'm sure all the winning teams are eying him in that second round

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

6/12/2017  6:54 AM
10 days till the draft good lord!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/12/2017  9:26 AM
EnySpree wrote:10 days till the draft good lord!

10 days to the draft
10 days to my bday
10 days to a project deployment from 8 pm to 4 am
Fun times :)

With the 8th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select...

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/12/2017  9:59 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:10 days till the draft good lord!

10 days to the draft
10 days to my bday
10 days to a project deployment from 8 pm to 4 am
Fun times :)

With the 8th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select...

a polarizing player that causes kids to cry out in agony and grandmas to fall down to their knees in despair. Good thing you'll be too busy enjoying you're birthday too notice the chaos...at least for day.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/12/2017  1:39 PM
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What do you think would happen when Phil talks to Melo about Detroit?
Detroit.
Let that sink in for a minute. If I asked for a NTC, I did it for about 4-5 good reasons.

1. Detroit
2. Milwaukee
3. Cleveland
4. Minnapolis
5. Indianapolis

Im making that kind of money, who wants to live in those ****holes?

dacash

6/13/2017  2:33 PM
think lakers made josh jackson a promise or he knows fultz is going number one?
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/josh-jackson-cancels-workout-with-celtics-could-go-to-the-lakers/
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/14/2017  9:36 AM
dacash wrote:
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I want no part of Reggie Jackson.
Welpee
Member: #6239

6/14/2017  9:38 AM
Nalod wrote:
Kemet wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What do you think would happen when Phil talks to Melo about Detroit?
Detroit.
Let that sink in for a minute. If I asked for a NTC, I did it for about 4-5 good reasons.

1. Detroit
2. Milwaukee
3. Cleveland
4. Minnapolis
5. Indianapolis

Im making that kind of money, who wants to live in those ****holes?

If it were the 80s when people didn't have cell phones you would hear a click and a dial tone if Phil brought up Detroit to Melo.
dacash

6/14/2017  5:36 PM
nbadraft.net's take on us

New York Knicks
Needs: Point guard, three point shooting
Picks: 8, 44, 58

The number one need for the Knicks is actually probably a resolution to the mess they’ve made with Carmelo Anthony. Either they need to trade him, or act like he’s a valued member of the team. However, that’s all I’ll say about the matter, because I’m still sick of Carmelo news since the “Melo-drama” of him forcing his way to New York. I’ll not subject myself or you to it again. The Knicks need to begin building around Kristaps Porzingis and his incredible blend of size and skill. Derrick Rose was a nice little experiment, but he only averaged 4.4 assists per game. They need a playmaker that can get easier looks for players like Porzingis. They also need to decide on what position Porzingis will primarily play. He seemed to play best while at the center position, but they have Joakim Noah under (a lucrative) contract until 2020. Ultimately, this team needs a talent infusion, and one of the skills they are in dire need of is three point shooting. They are a team that doesn’t get to the free throw line, which means they need to be able to score from distance, and they were 24th in made threes last season. So, who could they target to help fix these weaknesses? Dennis Smith Jr. is a popular projection because he’s a dynamic point guard that could very well be available at number 8. He's potentially a new and improved Derrick Rose. Frank Ntilikina is another real possibility with their pick. After striking gold going Euro two years ago with the unicorn, Phil could swing for the fences with a point guard with considerable length (7-foot wingspan) but one that will take some time. Ntilikina appears destined for the D-League at least for some of next season. Another possibility is Malik Monk, who would provide shooting to the lineup. The Knicks likely are a few years from being a team that is legitimately on the rise as they look to accumulate talent, but nailing this draft could go a long way towards getting them back on the right track.

EnySpree

6/16/2017  1:34 PM
dacash wrote:nbadraft.net's take on us

New York Knicks
Needs: Point guard, three point shooting
Picks: 8, 44, 58

The number one need for the Knicks is actually probably a resolution to the mess they’ve made with Carmelo Anthony. Either they need to trade him, or act like he’s a valued member of the team. However, that’s all I’ll say about the matter, because I’m still sick of Carmelo news since the “Melo-drama” of him forcing his way to New York. I’ll not subject myself or you to it again. The Knicks need to begin building around Kristaps Porzingis and his incredible blend of size and skill. Derrick Rose was a nice little experiment, but he only averaged 4.4 assists per game. They need a playmaker that can get easier looks for players like Porzingis. They also need to decide on what position Porzingis will primarily play. He seemed to play best while at the center position, but they have Joakim Noah under (a lucrative) contract until 2020. Ultimately, this team needs a talent infusion, and one of the skills they are in dire need of is three point shooting. They are a team that doesn’t get to the free throw line, which means they need to be able to score from distance, and they were 24th in made threes last season. So, who could they target to help fix these weaknesses? Dennis Smith Jr. is a popular projection because he’s a dynamic point guard that could very well be available at number 8. He's potentially a new and improved Derrick Rose. Frank Ntilikina is another real possibility with their pick. After striking gold going Euro two years ago with the unicorn, Phil could swing for the fences with a point guard with considerable length (7-foot wingspan) but one that will take some time. Ntilikina appears destined for the D-League at least for some of next season. Another possibility is Malik Monk, who would provide shooting to the lineup. The Knicks likely are a few years from being a team that is legitimately on the rise as they look to accumulate talent, but nailing this draft could go a long way towards getting them back on the right track.

Thay write up was from the heart. I appreciate it and totally agree

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/16/2017  3:42 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/16/2017  5:36 PM
Rumors about Celtics and Sixers swapping 1 & 3....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/06/16/nba-draft-rumors-celtics-pondering-josh-jackson-at-no-1-lakers-could-trade-back/?utm_term=.13c3dcbdb432

reub
Member: #6227

6/18/2017  10:10 AM
Give me Frank and Frank and I'll be very happy. Ntilikina and Mason. Think George Hill and CP3 playing together.
reub
Member: #6227

6/18/2017  10:02 PM
I'll predict
Philly Fultz
Lakers Ball
Celtics Tatum
Suns Isaac
Kings Fox
Magic Jackson
Minny or Dallas Ntilikina
Knicks DSJ
EnySpree

6/19/2017  8:50 PM
reub wrote:Give me Frank and Frank and I'll be very happy. Ntilikina and Mason. Think George Hill and CP3 playing together.

bruh

EnySpree

6/19/2017  9:09 PM
reub wrote:I'll predict
Philly Fultz
Lakers Ball
Celtics Tatum
Suns Isaac
Kings Fox
Magic Jackson
Knicks DSJ

I got a feeling Tatum is Boston's guy too.

I dunno who the Lakers pick. Ball is the obvious pick but they could draft anyone.

Suns are drafting a point guard. I think Fox is their guy if Ball is gone.

Kings should take a point guard so Dennis Smith could go here. Jackson could end up bring their guy in this scenerio though.

Orlando is taking Dennis Smith if he's there.

Minnesota should take Isaac. I like Lauri for them though.

All this still leaves the Knicks on the outside looking in on the really attractive pieces. I'm not a fan of this Frank kid. Knicks might not be enamored by him either since all these other guys like Justin, like and Mitchell keep getting mentioned. Knicks benefit the most by trading down

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/19/2017  9:12 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:I'll predict
Philly Fultz
Lakers Ball
Celtics Tatum
Suns Isaac
Kings Fox
Magic Jackson
Knicks DSJ

I got a feeling Tatum is Boston's guy too.

I dunno who the Lakers pick. Ball is the obvious pick but they could draft anyone.

Suns are drafting a point guard. I think Fox is their guy if Ball is gone.

Kings should take a point guard so Dennis Smith could go here. Jackson could end up bring their guy in this scenerio though.

Orlando is taking Dennis Smith if he's there.

Minnesota should take Isaac. I like Lauri for them though.

All this still leaves the Knicks on the outside looking in on the really attractive pieces. I'm not a fan of this Frank kid. Knicks might not be enamored by him either since all these other guys like Justin, like and Mitchell keep getting mentioned. Knicks benefit the most by trading down

I agree. I do think Minny's offense would be amazing if they took Laurie though. If Isaac is there at 8 the Knicks need to take him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy