Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/31/2017  12:29 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:Ok. I have my 3 picks for this draft:
#8 Frank Ntilikina
#44 Frank Mason
#58 Deonte Burton

Im not sold on Frank N Id rather us trade down. I know it takes two to tango--but I think Portlands 15-20-26 would fit the Knicks better than pick 8.

You're assuming that Portland wants to make that trade. That's a big if.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
5/31/2017  4:22 AM
Realgm are saying the blazers will give up a pick to dump salary
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/31/2017  8:09 AM
If lakers and celts don't pick lonzo how far does he slide?

I have a strange feeling he's the one most at risk

(5)(5)
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
5/31/2017  9:07 AM
smackeddog wrote:Realgm are saying the blazers will give up a pick to dump salary

I won't trade down but i'll grab an extra pick to take on a salary for sure.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

5/31/2017  9:14 AM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Realgm are saying the blazers will give up a pick to dump salary

from portland is a guy like evan turner worth it, seems inconsistent to me, can he grow into a good two guard?
is the salary worth the extra pick(s)

Knixkik
USA
5/31/2017  10:19 AM
dacash wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

from portland is a guy like evan turner worth it, seems inconsistent to me, can he grow into a good two guard?
is the salary worth the extra pick(s)

I think the salary is worth it, unless you think we can get a max free agent. we are going to spend the money on role players either way, might as well get draft picks in addition, and increase the chances of finding quality players on a long-term rookie contract.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/3/2017  5:05 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
USA
6/4/2017  10:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if we grab Latvian big man prospect Anzejs pasecniks with a 2nd round pick for obvious reasons.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/4/2017  1:30 PM
I wouldnt be too surprised if the Lakers pass on Lonzo, and the Sixers too for that matter. Magic is back, not so sure he wants a publicity starved parent around, who has no problem trash talking NBA legends at the drop of a hat. Jerry West talking like this can't help either, even if he isn't part of the organization anymore.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-draft-news-jerry-colangelo-believes-people-around-lonzo-ball-could-be-challenging/2017/06/04/

“Frankly I don’t like to talk about his dad, OK? I’d rather talk about his kid. His dad to me, I wouldn’t want a father like that to be honest with you.I think he puts a bad impression on his kid. You know he loves his kid, OK? You know that. But it should be about his kids, not him.”
Kemet
Member: #6148

6/4/2017  4:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I wouldnt be too surprised if the Lakers pass on Lonzo, and the Sixers too for that matter. Magic is back, not so sure he wants a publicity starved parent around, who has no problem trash talking NBA legends at the drop of a hat. Jerry West talking like this can't help either, even if he isn't part of the organization anymore.

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-draft-news-jerry-colangelo-believes-people-around-lonzo-ball-could-be-challenging/2017/06/04/

“Frankly I don’t like to talk about his dad, OK? I’d rather talk about his kid. His dad to me, I wouldn’t want a father like that to be honest with you.I think he puts a bad impression on his kid. You know he loves his kid, OK? You know that. But it should be about his kids, not him.”

When u exclude Boston and maybe the Mavs the the first 10 pick teams are consistent tanking Lottery teams having poor coaching staff clueless of developing young NBA ready players.
The later Ball will be picked in the draft the more chance Ball will have a chance to land on a team where he will be in the playoff in rookie season. The earlier Ball is pick in this draft he will land on a repeated LOTTERY team. If I was Ball pops I would rather my son get picked first by Boston or picked 14th by Pat Riley Heat team.
The past 5 years none of the NCAA super-star draft picks wanted to play for the LOSER 76ers organization .. Embiid outstanding performance has the ability to carry the majority of NBA teams to the playoffs in the WEAK NBA.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/8/2017  11:51 AM
Kemet wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I wouldnt be too surprised if the Lakers pass on Lonzo, and the Sixers too for that matter. Magic is back, not so sure he wants a publicity starved parent around, who has no problem trash talking NBA legends at the drop of a hat. Jerry West talking like this can't help either, even if he isn't part of the organization anymore.

When u exclude Boston and maybe the Mavs the the first 10 pick teams are consistent tanking Lottery teams having poor coaching staff clueless of developing young NBA ready players.
The later Ball will be picked in the draft the more chance Ball will have a chance to land on a team where he will be in the playoff in rookie season. The earlier Ball is pick in this draft he will land on a repeated LOTTERY team. If I was Ball pops I would rather my son get picked first by Boston or picked 14th by Pat Riley Heat team.
The past 5 years none of the NCAA super-star draft picks wanted to play for the LOSER 76ers organization .. Embiid outstanding performance has the ability to carry the majority of NBA teams to the playoffs in the WEAK NBA.

Its a good point and when we consider "Culture" as well, like SAS, a kid has a good chance to succeed when surrounded by talent both on and off the court.
The thing is we can't wholly discount a team like Philly which has undergone a front office change and continue to extrapolate continued failure. THere comes a point where the talent can come together or infused with veteran presence. They have cap space to add that, simmons comming on line, and Embiid if he can outgrow his injury problems. OK4 might be underrated at this juncture.

I think its safe to assume Lavar oversight would be bought up in any interview with Lonzo. Personally, I never heard of the guy until his sneaker ambitions became national news. I dont' see how he would be any different than any other father other than a wider media audience given his recent celebrity status. Such "hovering" would only immaculate Lonzo in the eyes of his brand target and of course his teammates.
Why did Colangelo make his statement? Well its a concern but was it calculated?

At some point its about basketball. For some teams, Ball's celebrity status might actually sell tickets and thus boast revenue.

CrushAlot
USA
6/8/2017  9:36 PM
dacash

6/9/2017  5:18 PM
whoa............. kings trading up?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/6/9/15768698/markelle-fultz-sacramento-kings-boston-celtics-nba-draft-2017-trade

fultz is working for them

CrushAlot
USA
6/9/2017  6:20 PM
dacash wrote:whoa............. kings trading up?

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/6/9/15768698/markelle-fultz-sacramento-kings-boston-celtics-nba-draft-2017-trade

Just speculation but interesting from Boston's perspective.
f Boston has Tatum (or another player) rated as highly as Fultz, a trade with the Kings could make some sense. If Tatum is still around at No. 5, Boston could send Fultz to Sacramento for No. 5, No. 10, and a young veteran like center Willie Cauley-Stein. Boston has been looking for rim protection for years, and Cauley-Stein could provide it.
dacash

6/9/2017  8:31 PM
ball not that impressive but it was only one on one and his greatest strength is his passing...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2714648-lonzo-ball-may-be-a-star-but-los-angeles-lakers-have-questions-ahead-of-draft

JesseDark
Member: #467
6/9/2017  10:23 PM
Watching the finals and wondering if Shaun Livingston is a good comparison to Frank N. Sounds like they have similar body frames.
Bring back dee-fense
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/9/2017  11:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dacash wrote:whoa............. kings trading up?

Just speculation but interesting from Boston's perspective.
f Boston has Tatum (or another player) rated as highly as Fultz, a trade with the Kings could make some sense. If Tatum is still around at No. 5, Boston could send Fultz to Sacramento for No. 5, No. 10, and a young veteran like center Willie Cauley-Stein. Boston has been looking for rim protection for years, and Cauley-Stein could provide it.

I've speculated that the Celtics would prefer to walk away with Jonathan Isaac and an asset than Fultz. If they make this trade, I think that this is who they'd be targeting.

CrushAlot
USA
6/10/2017  2:33 PM
The Knicks have a workout scheduled with Wisconsin's Nigel Hayes this coming week, league sources told ESPN. The Knicks have two second-rounders (44 and 58) and have worked out several potential second rounders like Hayes recently. Hayes measured at 6-8 at the NBA Draft Combine with a 7-3 wingspan and some college observers see him as having the potential to be a versatile defender at the next level with a strong outside shot – something the Knicks certainly could use…. In addition to working out for the Knicks, UNC's Kennedy Meeks also worked out for the Brooklyn Nets last week and some people familiar with the workout said the big man excelled in the workout. Meeks is projected by some as a late second-round pick.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0665257368602285386-4
Kemet

6/10/2017  2:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil should be talking to Detroit bout a trade for Melo .. I wouldn't mind having Reggie Jackson as our starter PG.

Kemet

6/10/2017  2:43 PM
JesseDark wrote:Watching the finals and wondering if Shaun Livingston is a good comparison to Frank N. Sounds like they have similar body frames.

I want Phil to go after FA Shaun Livingston in the offseason, it would be nice to have Shaun and Frank Nitty leading the point.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy