[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

5/15/2017  8:53 AM
Any chance that we might pull a surprise and select one of OG, Diallo, Frank Jackson or Zach Collins on draft day?
AUTOADVERT
wargames
Member: #6053

5/15/2017  9:05 AM
reub wrote:Any chance that we might pull a surprise and select one of OG, Diallo, Frank Jackson or Zach Collins on draft day?

Well Phil was trying to get a pick at the deadline but it was tough since so many teams had already traded theirs this year.

I expect a few of those picks to be on the table once the playoff teams realize they don't really want to invest in developing a player instead of just trading for one.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/15/2017  9:57 AM
EnySpree wrote:Here's a 33 year old Richardson... Fultz has the same exact game. Richardson was an underrated player. He had an above average handle for a shooting guard and could create well for teammates.
Her had a really good career.

Richardson was good, but he wasn't that guy in college. It took him a while to develop this ball skills. He is wasn't as advanced as a freshman as Fultz, especially in the half-court. Richardson was more of a rim runner, straight-line driver in college.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/15/2017  12:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Here's a 33 year old Richardson... Fultz has the same exact game. Richardson was an underrated player. He had an above average handle for a shooting guard and could create well for teammates.

Richardson was good, but he wasn't that guy in college. It took him a while to develop this ball skills. He is wasn't as advanced as a freshman as Fultz, especially in the half-court. Richardson was more of a rim runner, straight-line driver in college.

Cool but I'm not taking about Jason Richardson in college. I'm taking about Prime Jason Richardson. Fultz is that good. So the sky is the limit for the kid

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG

5/15/2017  1:10 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Cool but I'm not taking about Jason Richardson in college. I'm taking about Prime Jason Richardson. Fultz is that good. So the sky is the limit for the kid

The thing about guys like Jason Richardson and Kawhi Leonard is their work ethics. You can tell how hard they worked on their games from the time they entered the league. That's the toughest to measure. Let's say Fultz doesn't improve and he his floor is Jason Richardson in his prime. That's still a solid pick. I've been killing Lonzo Ball, but I have no idea about his work ethic. Could he turn into that superstar player? You look at a guy like the French kid and you can see his physical tools give him the chance to be a real good two-way player, but I'm not sure he'll do it. That's biggest advantage pro scouts have over us wannabes. That's something you can't really gauge in a one and done player.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EnySpree

5/15/2017  4:25 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

The thing about guys like Jason Richardson and Kawhi Leonard is their work ethics. You can tell how hard they worked on their games from the time they entered the league. That's the toughest to measure. Let's say Fultz doesn't improve and he his floor is Jason Richardson in his prime. That's still a solid pick. I've been killing Lonzo Ball, but I have no idea about his work ethic. Could he turn into that superstar player? You look at a guy like the French kid and you can see his physical tools give him the chance to be a real good two-way player, but I'm not sure he'll do it. That's biggest advantage pro scouts have over us wannabes. That's something you can't really gauge in a one and done player.

I envy the access scouts have... I would kill to take a flight to France to watch a kid play basketball for a couple days. Talk to coaches, Teammates, friends and family. Try as catch them in social settings etc... that's the only thing separating us from Scouts. Alot of us fans especially on ultimateknicks have great basketball minds and great eyes for basketball.

As far as work ethic, this kid Fultz strikes me as a psycho. He's like Damien Lillard. He believes heavily in himself but is really cool about it. Like Brandon Roy, Allan Houston, Ray Allen... that type of player.... cool but a savage killer in his mind. Time will tell if I'm right, but Jason Richardson is where I see him. I've had plenty of guys I thought would be good but didn't cut it, but alot of trained scouts get it wrong routinely

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG

5/15/2017  6:16 PM
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I envy the access scouts have... I would kill to take a flight to France to watch a kid play basketball for a couple days. Talk to coaches, Teammates, friends and family. Try as catch them in social settings etc... that's the only thing separating us from Scouts. Alot of us fans especially on ultimateknicks have great basketball minds and great eyes for basketball.

As far as work ethic, this kid Fultz strikes me as a psycho. He's like Damien Lillard. He believes heavily in himself but is really cool about it. Like Brandon Roy, Allan Houston, Ray Allen... that type of player.... cool but a savage killer in his mind. Time will tell if I'm right, but Jason Richardson is where I see him. I've had plenty of guys I thought would be good but didn't cut it, but alot of trained scouts get it wrong routinely

Yeah, just look at Dante Exum.... scouts were comparing him to Kobe 🤢. From a pure talent standpoint, I'd say DSJ or Isaac would be the no-brainers at pick 7, assuming any of the projected top 5 don't slip. Maybe DSJ is being unfairly penalized for not having a real coach in college? The kid did come back hard after a knee injury. Paul George fell because his team sucked and look at how many teams regret passing him over. If anything, the French kid has shown he's a worker. And Isaac's potential is off the wall, but it's tough get a clear picture after one season. But yeah, Fultz is the only guy I'm sure can come and be a player, followed by Tatum, Jackson and fox. People crap on Payne, but he can defend run a break and distribute. That's not the greatest floor for Fox, but at least it would mean he contributes.

Chandler
Member: #6197

5/16/2017  9:50 AM
after watching the Celts - wiz series I'm not sure I see the Fox - Wall comparison. Wall is fast but he's also like 50 lbs heavier than Fox. That's a big difference over the course of a game let alone a series in terms of the way you can drive to the hoop, fight through screens etc.

Knicks brass will need to convince themselves that Fox can improve his shot, and maintain his speed even while putting on mass (and to the latter point it's a tall order to put on 50 pounds of relatively lean body mass

(5)(5)
fwk00
Member: #6048

5/16/2017  1:30 PM
Chandler wrote:after watching the Celts - wiz series I'm not sure I see the Fox - Wall comparison. Wall is fast but he's also like 50 lbs heavier than Fox. That's a big difference over the course of a game let alone a series in terms of the way you can drive to the hoop, fight through screens etc.

Knicks brass will need to convince themselves that Fox can improve his shot, and maintain his speed even while putting on mass (and to the latter point it's a tall order to put on 50 pounds of relatively lean body mass

The subliminal message Phil was sending was that few if any of these draft prospects were going to be productive any time soon. So with a guy like Fox, they are probably hip enough to know he's a few years away.

But in acknowledging that, the Knicks will likely chase Holiday then Rubio in the off-season OR in the late draft go for a four-year PG as short-term understudy solutions.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/16/2017  2:10 PM
Chandler wrote:after watching the Celts - wiz series I'm not sure I see the Fox - Wall comparison. Wall is fast but he's also like 50 lbs heavier than Fox. That's a big difference over the course of a game let alone a series in terms of the way you can drive to the hoop, fight through screens etc.

Thats why I like F Jackson. I think (sans moving up) we could actually move down a tad in a good draft --perhaps pick up another pick this year or next--take Jackson who is 6-3 202 and the best athlete in the draft--who showed at the combine its a no brainer he can play PG. He has an NBA body which IS important--kind of like DEvon Booker--was HIDDEN on a quality team--but has the goods---as many good as any of the other players. You could see how he used a combination of strength length quickness and force to get to the hoop at will. He didnt have the ball in his hands enough at Duke--when you play off ball--its a different game. BIG BIG difference between a 170 pound man and a 203 pound man with the same body fat YET the 203 pound man is just as good of an athlete

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/16/2017  2:10 PM

Thats why I like F Jackson. I think (sans moving up) we could actually move down a tad in a good draft --perhaps pick up another pick this year or next--take Jackson who is 6-3 202 and the best athlete in the draft--who showed at the combine its a no brainer he can play PG. He has an NBA body which IS important--kind of like DEvon Booker--was HIDDEN on a quality team--but has the goods---as many good as any of the other players. You could see how he used a combination of strength length quickness and force to get to the hoop at will. He didnt have the ball in his hands enough at Duke--when you play off ball--its a different game. BIG BIG difference between a 170 pound man and a 203 pound man with the same body fat YET the 203 pound man is just as good of an athlete

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/16/2017  3:25 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I agree re the difference in size. I'm just suspicious of the Wall comparison. And for that matter I'm not saying he needs to imitate Wall

If Phil wanted my advice (he shouldn't) he would go for a wing who plays defense and is really smart with the basketball (can score or pass). I'd be happy if they can pick up another pick somehow. And I would be happy with a pg later in the draft

(5)(5)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/16/2017  3:33 PM
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I agree re the difference in size. I'm just suspicious of the Wall comparison. And for that matter I'm not saying he needs to imitate Wall

If Phil wanted my advice (he shouldn't) he would go for a wing who plays defense and is really smart with the basketball (can score or pass). I'd be happy if they can pick up another pick somehow. And I would be happy with a pg later in the draft

Brandon Jennings is 6-1 170. Kemba Walker is 6-1 172 and starring in the NBA! The weight of a PG isn't as important as other positions.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/16/2017  4:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Brandon Jennings is 6-1 170. Kemba Walker is 6-1 172 and starring in the NBA! The weight of a PG isn't as important as other positions.

Neither one plays defense and the smaller guards usually have to have a 3pt. game to be successful

nixluva
USA
5/16/2017  4:33 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Neither one plays defense and the smaller guards usually have to have a 3pt. game to be successful

Right but Fox is 6-3 and does play D and I actually think his shot will not be a problem in our System.

reub
Member: #6227

5/16/2017  5:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Jennings is a scrub and Kemba can shoot.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/16/2017  5:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Right but Fox is 6-3 and does play D and I actually think his shot will not be a problem in our System.

On the college level he played defense but will he be able to withstand the wear and tear of the NBA game when he will face screen after screen after screen in this heavy high PnR league?

Also, I hope the Knicks do not take that system specific approach with a top 10 pick because this system the Knicks are running could disappear in 2 years.

nixluva
USA
5/16/2017  6:05 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

On the college level he played defense but will he be able to withstand the wear and tear of the NBA game when he will face screen after screen after screen in this heavy high PnR league?

Also, I hope the Knicks do not take that system specific approach with a top 10 pick because this system the Knicks are running could disappear in 2 years.

Come on man if Kemba is in the league then Fox can do it!!! Fox is 19 and I fully expect that he'll get stronger as he matures.

The system also includes uptempo Early Offense, Spread PnR! There's literally no negative aspect of picking a player who can function in these looks as well as the Triangle.

EnySpree

5/16/2017  6:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

That's every player.... just because a guy is skinny doesn't mean he won't be able to adapt to being a pro. Heavier players have to deal With the same rigors. I mean it's a ridiculous argument. The Knicks would be lucky to get Fox. I see the bigger picture here... there is a very real possibility Fox could drop to the Knicks in the draft. So guys want to get a head start on hating guys before they even get into the league. I got you. Roger that.

fwk00
Member: #6048

5/16/2017  6:33 PM
Chandler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

My sentiments exactly. I'm hoping we pick third.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy