[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/4/2017  1:35 PM
Draftexpress pumped Derrick White all the way up yo 39-- wasn't listed two weeks ago. He's the closest thing to Brogdon rhT I have seen in this draft
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

5/4/2017  2:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Draftexpress pumped Derrick White all the way up yo 39-- wasn't listed two weeks ago. He's the closest thing to Brogdon rhT I have seen in this draft

Any links?

Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

5/4/2017  3:59 PM
why are we picking monk according to draft express...he doesn't know how to pass the ball, we want jcross part deux on our team?
dennis smith please..freshman, better passer scorer etc and knows how to rebound too for a guard.
and only is it 6 months older than frank?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
5/4/2017  9:07 PM
Cartman718 wrote:why are we picking monk according to draft express...he doesn't know how to pass the ball, we want jcross part deux on our team?
dennis smith please..freshman, better passer scorer etc and knows how to rebound too for a guard.

Monk can play off the ball which is often in the Triangle. You don't have to be Kidd or CP3 to run the Triangle as a PG. Just do a search of every PG Phil had during his career. Combo SG types tend to fit well cuz they aren't concerned with being ball Dominant. They tend to give it up early and look to cut!

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

5/4/2017  9:49 PM
Here is a little insight on Isaac.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/4/2017  11:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/4/2017  11:05 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Here is a little insight on Isaac.

Issac was born in NY.... interesting.

Just googled, he's from the Bronx

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/6/2017  12:51 PM
Cartman718 wrote:why are we picking monk according to draft express...he doesn't know how to pass the ball, we want jcross part deux on our team?

Don't get mad as Mocks........They have no basis other than speculative.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

5/6/2017  12:59 PM
Nalod wrote:

Don't get mad as Mocks........They have no basis other than speculative.

No better than what we do... it's just a writer or group of writers opinion

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

5/7/2017  4:07 PM
Cartman718 wrote:why are we picking monk according to draft express...

Top half of the NBA draft, you look at a players ceiling.

Back half, you have to look at a players floor.

Swing big, miss big. Swing little, miss little.

Rob Hennigan was interviewed a few years ago discussing the inherent pressure of drafting against general consensus ( i.e. if you pick the guy that seems about the right value for perception at a certain slot, everyone will shrug their shoulders and say it happens, if you REACH by industry perception, then you are risking your job) There's the value of the player as an individual and there is the value of the draft slot itself in a vacuum. Both matter for GMs. The latter should not matter was much as it does, but that's not the reality of the modern marketplace.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/7/2017  8:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 5/7/2017  8:39 PM
Lonzo Ball is highly overrated
nixluva
USA
5/7/2017  11:56 PM
I'm high on Fox 🦊. I think speed kills and he has the mental toughness as well. I'm not worried about his jumper. It's very fixable. Fox played composed and picked his spots. He understood when his team needed him to turn up and take over but he didn't force it or play out of control.
wargames
Member: #6053

5/8/2017  12:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/8/2017  12:41 AM
Not even in our range but I've been watching Josh Jackson videos and he reminds me of "J-Smoove" Josh Smith. He is going to be nice but never really gonna be able to operate far away from the basket.

Also Ntilkina reminds me of a smaller Khris Middleton

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/8/2017  9:54 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Lonzo Ball is highly overrated

I can't remember the many "superstar" player who had this many questions regarding their game entering the draft. I think he can be good. But I don't ever see being a top 20 talent in the NBA. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm glad we're not going to be in position to have decide to pick him. My concerns aren't even take the potential off the court disasters into consideration.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
5/9/2017  12:15 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I can't remember the many "superstar" player who had this many questions regarding their game entering the draft. I think he can be good. But I don't ever see being a top 20 talent in the NBA. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm glad we're not going to be in position to have decide to pick him. My concerns aren't even take the potential off the court disasters into consideration.

He'll be very good. Could be a game changer.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
5/9/2017  1:03 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think I'd take Fultz or Fox ahead of Ball IMO. They are PG's that are less dependent on the team around them. If needed they can take over and carry a team which I don't see Ball doing as much. I'm praying Fox falls to the Knicks.

wargames
Member: #6053

5/9/2017  1:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 5/9/2017  1:25 AM
If the Knicks move up I hope they get Josh Jackson.
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
Chandler
Member: #6197

5/9/2017  6:50 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I think I'd take Fultz or Fox ahead of Ball IMO. They are PG's that are less dependent on the team around them. If needed they can take over and carry a team which I don't see Ball doing as much. I'm praying Fox falls to the Knicks.

He could be Jason Kidd 2.0. He could be Michael Carter Williams 2.0 w a psycho "support" system

Will be one of the more intriguing players. Teams selecting in his range will have to sweat that out

(5)(5)
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

5/9/2017  3:44 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Go to Draft Express and watch the Lonzo Ball Weaknesses - Creating Offense video and come back...tell us you have no concerns with his athleticism, handle, offensive creativity.

To cherry pick some tidbits from that video.....

In 1/2 court offense only 3% (8 of 238) of Balls shots came inside the 3 point line

- highlighting his inability to beat people off the dribbe
- inability to get in the paint and to the rim
- his complete lack of a mid-range game

The video shows numerous situations where Ball gets the ball picked/knocked away in one-one situations === showing a sloppy handle and lack of burst to beat even 1 on 1 situations.

I believe Ball is has elite b-ball IQ, elite vision, elite passing, is an outstanding help defender and has elite feel for the game.

Outside of those major plus's I think he is a mediocre (at best) NBA athlete, his handle is sloppy (particularly in slow down / under duress situations). He has ZERO mid-range game, he has very poor shot selection (constantly settling for contested 3 point shots because he can't take people off the dribble). He is a horrible one/one defender.

I think he may be one of the more over-rated prospects in last 10 years.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

5/9/2017  4:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Go to Draft Express and watch the Lonzo Ball Weaknesses - Creating Offense video and come back...tell us you have no concerns with his athleticism, handle, offensive creativity.

To cherry pick some tidbits from that video.....

In 1/2 court offense only 3% (8 of 238) of Balls shots came inside the 3 point line

- highlighting his inability to beat people off the dribbe
- inability to get in the paint and to the rim
- his complete lack of a mid-range game

The video shows numerous situations where Ball gets the ball picked/knocked away in one-one situations === showing a sloppy handle and lack of burst to beat even 1 on 1 situations.

I believe Ball is has elite b-ball IQ, elite vision, elite passing, is an outstanding help defender and has elite feel for the game.

Outside of those major plus's I think he is a mediocre (at best) NBA athlete, his handle is sloppy (particularly in slow down / under duress situations). He has ZERO mid-range game, he has very poor shot selection (constantly settling for contested 3 point shots because he can't take people off the dribble). He is a horrible one/one defender.

I think he may be one of the more over-rated prospects in last 10 years.

Just imagine Kawhi Leonard playing the level of defense he's playing against Harden against Ball? Ball would be killed as he is right now. His great passing skills would be totally negated. I know there aren't many Leonard's in the NBA, but even a decent NBA defensive player will take advantage of his shortcomings. Can Ball improve? Sure. But I can't say he'll be a superstar. De'Angelo Russell was more complete coming into the league IMHO. Russell has shown promise, but I don't think anyone sees him as a future superstar. Ball is going to travel a similar path.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

5/10/2017  3:57 AM
I have very similar thoughts. D'Angelo looked more complete and advanced when he was coming into the NBA than Ball looks right now. And it did not translate. I think D'Angelo can still adapt, develop and get to All-Star level, but have a feeling that Ball is being way overhyped right now.
So if the Knicks luck into top 3 somehow, it might be a curse in disguise, as they would find it hard to pass up on Ball because of all the hype, and who knows how that's going to turn out. That's why I thought getting a #5 or #6 pick would have been optimal for us, but, alas...
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy