[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
4/9/2017  4:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:Slacking off yellowboy90....

Ball would be magnificent in NY in the Triangle. This isn't a heavy PnR offense and he'd feel right at home with all the Cuts and Dribble Handoffs.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
USA
4/9/2017  11:53 PM
Freaking TWolves gave up a game winning 3 by D Russell. Thibs has to be losing his mind with the poor defense!
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/10/2017  12:04 AM
nixluva wrote:Freaking TWolves gave up a game winning 3 by D Russell. Thibs has to be losing his mind with the poor defense!

Triple team Julius blanking Randle on the 3 point line leaving 3 (yes 3) other Laker players wide open at the 3 with 5 seconds still on the clock. Randle finally passes to Russell and not 1 TWolve player moves towards him.

Tell me those young Wolve players aren't hoping for a high lottery pick to add to Towns, Wiggins and Levine

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/10/2017  1:01 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:Freaking TWolves gave up a game winning 3 by D Russell. Thibs has to be losing his mind with the poor defense!

Triple team Julius blanking Randle on the 3 point line leaving 3 (yes 3) other Laker players wide open at the 3 with 5 seconds still on the clock. Randle finally passes to Russell and not 1 TWolve player moves towards him.

Tell me those young Wolve players aren't hoping for a high lottery pick to add to Towns, Wiggins and Levine

Did not watch the game, but judging by the score, I don't think the T-Wolves wanted to lose the game.

Frustrating that the f'n Lakers may be spoilers, and the Knicks are the victims. They also beat the Kings in a tight game the other day. If the Lakers had lost both games we would have the 6 slot.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
4/10/2017  1:02 AM
LivingLegend wrote:

Just proves even the best Defensive coach can't work miracles without defensive talent and some vets that actually know what they're doing.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/10/2017  5:40 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Did not watch the game, but judging by the score, I don't think the T-Wolves wanted to lose the game.

Frustrating that the f'n Lakers may be spoilers, and the Knicks are the victims. They also beat the Kings in a tight game the other day. If the Lakers had lost both games we would have the 6 slot.

It's so annoying- the lakers needed to lose that game too- the Suns keep winning and giving them a chance to tie again for 2nd, but they keep blowing it. We're at real risk of falling to 8th. We need to bench Willy for the final game.

WaltLongmire

4/10/2017  10:33 AM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

It's so annoying- the lakers needed to lose that game too- the Suns keep winning and giving them a chance to tie again for 2nd, but they keep blowing it. We're at real risk of falling to 8th. We need to bench Willy for the final game.

Are their tie breakers in place for similar records or is it a coin flip? From what I can see, we cannot have fewer losses/more wins than the Kings and Minny, even if we beat Philly. Could be a 3 way tie, though.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/10/2017  12:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Are their tie breakers in place for similar records or is it a coin flip? From what I can see, we cannot have fewer losses/more wins than the Kings and Minny, even if we beat Philly. Could be a 3 way tie, though.

If it's a three way tie, we essentially get the same number of ping pong balls as the teams we're tied with, with coin flips used to determine who gets any odd balls and who gets 6th vs 7th vs 8th.

So coin flip would set the order, but the ping pong ball chances to jump up to the top three would be essentially the same for the tied teams.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/10/2017  12:05 PM
¿ △ ?
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/10/2017  1:25 PM
crzymdups wrote:

One thing is certain even before the lottery - there's going to be a good player available when we pick.
If we don't jump to the top 3, I'm hoping De'Aaron Fox is still available. Partly because we need a PG, and partly because "The Fox and the Unicorn" is a fairy tale that writes itself.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/10/2017  6:31 PM
The ringer lost me with Jayson Tatum going at 9 and markanen at 5. Nonsense.
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

4/10/2017  10:06 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

If it's a three way tie, we essentially get the same number of ping pong balls as the teams we're tied with, with coin flips used to determine who gets any odd balls and who gets 6th vs 7th vs 8th.

So coin flip would set the order, but the ping pong ball chances to jump up to the top three would be essentially the same for the tied teams.

Thanks...

This is getting ridiculous.

wargames
Member: #6053

4/11/2017  12:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2017  12:42 AM
https://theringer.com/french-nba-prospect-frank-ntilikina-passes-the-eye-test-2a9897ed8322

Just wanted to post this article about Frank Ntilkina. I think he would be a great guard next to KP (and potentially Melo) because he isn't ball dominant. In a lot of ways this year with Rose showed that if we want KP to develop we got to put him next to guards who will look to pass him the ball. Also for the sake of KP and Willy we need perimeter defense to keep guards from running into them. A sign of a bad defense is big men with a lot of block shots..... it means everyone is getting to the rim. Also if KP is the trailer taking the shot in transition his size could help since the guards would need to be able to go up for a rebound......

Anyhow my whole argument comes down to, Ntilkina may not be the BPA at #6 but he would likely be the best fit next to KP and Willy (and Melo if he is here next year)

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/11/2017  5:32 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Thanks...

This is getting ridiculous.

Ha, who came up with this? I bet when they pitched it, everyone elses eyes glazed over and they just agreed to it because they couldn't take another run through of the explanation!

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/11/2017  7:20 AM
TPercy wrote:The ringer lost me with Jayson Tatum going at 9 and markanen at 5. Nonsense.

Sounds similar to 2 years ago when Winslow dropped some and kp at 4

For entertainment value alone I hope the order remains in flux. It's boring when it seems pre-ordained

(5)(5)
Chandler

4/11/2017  7:25 AM
wargames wrote:https://theringer.com/french-nba-prospect-frank-ntilikina-passes-the-eye-test-2a9897ed8322

Just wanted to post this article about Frank Ntilkina. I think he would be a great guard next to KP (and potentially Melo) because he isn't ball dominant. In a lot of ways this year with Rose showed that if we want KP to develop we got to put him next to guards who will look to pass him the ball. Also for the sake of KP and Willy we need perimeter defense to keep guards from running into them. A sign of a bad defense is big men with a lot of block shots..... it means everyone is getting to the rim. Also if KP is the trailer taking the shot in transition his size could help since the guards would need to be able to go up for a rebound......

Anyhow my whole argument comes down to, Ntilkina may not be the BPA at #6 but he would likely be the best fit next to KP and Willy (and Melo if he is here next year)

Thanks! I'm so confused w this draft. I have a sneaky suspicion we're choosing a forward and regardless Phil likes length so if we go guard this guy seems to fit that bill

(5)(5)
wargames
Member: #6053

4/11/2017  9:19 AM
Chandler wrote:
wargames wrote:https://theringer.com/french-nba-prospect-frank-ntilikina-passes-the-eye-test-2a9897ed8322

Thanks! I'm so confused w this draft. I have a sneaky suspicion we're choosing a forward and regardless Phil likes length so if we go guard this guy seems to fit that bill

I think Chad Ford has us taking Tatum at #6 in his last mock draft. We haven't been attached to him in the Media but Phil is pretty good so far creating false rumors. Picking a forward means we would be chasing a PG in FA. Not to mention it would be a very loud "GTFO" to Melo....... with that said Instill prefer they get a guard.

The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

4/11/2017  9:25 AM

If that is the case, trade down and get another asset with Ntilikina since no other team supposedly has him ranked that high. But in our situation, we should take and keep the BPA to build around his and KPs respective talents.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
4/11/2017  9:58 AM
NardDogNation wrote:If that is the case, trade down and get another asset with Ntilikina since no other team supposedly has him ranked that high.

Really? This comment is just silly....unless you know where other teams have him ranked. In fact we don't even know where the Knicks have him ranked.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Chandler

4/11/2017  10:19 AM
wargames wrote:
Chandler wrote:

I think Chad Ford has us taking Tatum at #6 in his last mock draft. We haven't been attached to him in the Media but Phil is pretty good so far creating false rumors. Picking a forward means we would be chasing a PG in FA. Not to mention it would be a very loud "GTFO" to Melo....... with that said Instill prefer they get a guard.

Not sure if Phil has ever invested a #6-type pick in a pg, and I can understand why given his priorities. He has liked long versatile forwards who pass, and of course superstar SGs. I can easily imaging him going forward and then getting a pg by other means, including that some teams will have too many pgs post-draft. Celts come to mind, but one can also wonder about Minny and a bunch of other teams. Might not be FA

(5)(5)
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy