Member: #3538

4/7/2017  10:45 AM
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/7/2017  12:08 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:

Good looking player...but I am not thinking about him at all since I figure there is no way for us to get him.

If the lottery balls fall in our favor, though, I'll start paying him more attention.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/7/2017  12:38 PM
Fultz feels like a PG Melo to me -- just don't love the body language and the casualness of the player.

I get he is the #1 prospect but he would be about #5 on my list of guys I would prefer to watch on the Knicks.

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/8/2017  4:11 AM
You have to feel bad for laker fans- Magic won, thus undoing the damage of the Lakers win a few days ago. then the lakers won again! They seem to have a death wish!
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/9/2017  12:25 AM

Nice vid with great insight on Isaac. I didn't even know he had such high character. Great off the ball movement, good passer, great defesnive potential as well. He'd fit right in with the Knicks right next to Porzingis
The Future is Bright!
TPercy

4/9/2017  12:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2017  12:43 AM

If Smith played with that kind of tenacity every game like J Isaac, he is a top 4 lock no question. Its just that one game too many he gets lazy and doesn't bring it. Part of it I blame on that toxic culture of NC state. Whether he comes to the Knicks or not, I hope he realizes the immense potential he has.

The Future is Bright!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/9/2017  1:25 AM
TPercy wrote:

If Smith played with that kind of tenacity every game like J Isaac, he is a top 4 lock no question. Its just that one game too many he gets lazy and doesn't bring it. Part of it I blame on that toxic culture of NC state. Whether he comes to the Knicks or not, I hope he realizes the immense potential he has.

The more I see of him, the more I'd be willing to give him a chance. He looks like he'll be a pro for a long time. He really reminds me of Kyle Lowry physically. Honestly, I can't see Phil taking a PG of his size and with his style/game though.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/9/2017  2:20 AM
crzymdups wrote:
TPercy wrote:

The more I see of him, the more I'd be willing to give him a chance. He looks like he'll be a pro for a long time. He really reminds me of Kyle Lowry physically. Honestly, I can't see Phil taking a PG of his size and with his style/game though.

Kyle Lowry is who I thought of too when I was trying to think of a comparison for his body type. The funny thing is is that Lowry suffered an ACL tear before his freshman year too. The crazy thing is that Smith at 19 looks like Lowry right now. I believe Lowry came into the league at around 6'1 and 175-185 lbs which would make Smith 10 to 20 lbs bigger and possibly 2 inches taller.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

4/9/2017  2:55 AM
we need to hit gold again this draft. hopefully management and scouts are doing more homework than any other team drafting before us. 6th pick is what we'll have looks like...could have had 3-4 but of course knicks cant even tank right.

draft express has us selecting de'aaron fox. he doesnt sound like a distributor which is what we need. frank N or dennis smith's stats seem more our need.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/9/2017  1:53 PM
TPercy wrote:

Nice vid with great insight on Isaac. I didn't even know he had such high character. Great off the ball movement, good passer, great defesnive potential as well. He'd fit right in with the Knicks right next to Porzingis

Have said this a couple of times...not too hard to convince me that we might be better off taking an Isaac than one of the PGs I like (Ntilikina/Fox).

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TPercy

4/9/2017  2:28 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Have said this a couple of times...not too hard to convince me that we might be better off taking an Isaac than one of the PGs I like (Ntilikina/Fox).

He has the whole package.
Defense: Can guard 2-4 and 1-5 of switches
Plays with his head up
Plays within the system
Plays with a lot of hustle
And has untapped offensive potential. He played on a stacked FSU team that constantly denied him the ball, so he didn't get to show his offensive skill as much. I'm not sure he will turn into a guy you can rely on for isolation possessions because he relies to much on that dribble long two pullup, but he can be very effective.
The Future is Bright!
crzymdups
USA
4/9/2017  2:32 PM
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Plays with his head up
Plays within the system
And has untapped offensive potential. He played on a stacked FSU team that constantly denied him the ball, so he didn't get to show his offensive skill as much. I'm not sure he will turn into a guy you can rely on for isolation possessions because he relies to much on that dribble long two pullup, but he can be very effective.

Watching a few interviews with him, I feel better about him.

Honest question - you think his style would work in the Triangle? I think he'll be a very good pro, but I think the triangle could be frustrating for him. If Hornacek were allowed to do his thing, I could see him thriving like Bledsoe did for Horny.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
4/9/2017  2:39 PM
¿ △ ?
TPercy

4/9/2017  2:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I can't see Phil taking him either; nevertheless, considering the fact that Melo and Rose are likely gone from this team in the offseason, we should snap D Smith up if he is available and all the others picks are gone( Fultz,Tatum, Ball etc...).

In this league you MUST have a point guard(or in some cases a SG) who can consistently break down the defense and be a constant threat. We don't have anyone on our team who can do that and it would be silly to overpay someone in FA to fulfill the role when we can acquire that player in the draft. Glossing over a talent like Smith just because he isn't a great fit dosen't hold up because I believe the triangle can acompany just about any type of player as long as the player is willing to invest in the team. He's not Derrick Rose. He can shoot the ball. He leads the ACC in assists and is 13th overall in DI NCAA. He can play lock down defense.

Smith could fill in the PG void we need, take the scoring load off of Porzingis, and still be a dominant facilitator in this team. Its up to him whether he would make that happen. As I said, I would just as happy with a guy like J Isaac or someone else going top 4.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

4/9/2017  2:56 PM
crzymdups wrote:
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Plays with his head up
Plays within the system

Honest question - you think his style would work in the Triangle? I think he'll be a very good pro, but I think the triangle could be frustrating for him. If Hornacek were allowed to do his thing, I could see him thriving like Bledsoe did for Horny.

I noticed that one key trait that any wing must have to be great in the triangle is off the ball movement. `The ability to cut or flash for an open shot are all key essential components and Jonathan Isaac possesses all of those traits as seen in the video. Therefore, I don't see a reason why he can't flourish.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

4/9/2017  2:57 PM
crzymdups wrote:

The Future is Bright!
crzymdups
USA
4/9/2017  3:04 PM
TPercy wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Plays with his head up
Plays within the system

I noticed that one key trait that any wing must have to be great in the triangle is off the ball movement. `The ability to cut or flash for an open shot are all key essential components and Jonathan Isaac possesses all of those traits as seen in the video. Therefore, I don't see a reason why he can't flourish.

Oh haha sorry - I thought I was replying to a Dennis Smith highlight!

I really like Jonathan Isaac. I think he can be a stud. He's moving up my board of guys in the 6 to 10 range.

I think right now my overall board is -

1) Josh Jackson
2) Fultz
3) Ball
4) Fox
5) Smith
6) Isaac
7) Tatum
8) Monk
9) Ntilikina

We can get a very good player in the top 9.

Oh the guys on that list, the ones I most want for the Knicks are still:

Jackson
Fultz
Ball
Fox
Isaac

If we got Smith, Tatum, Monk, or Ntilikina I would try to keep an open mind and I still think they could be good. Just wouldn't be my preferred guys.

Luckily this draft seems to be very deep to nine, with plenty of good picks later on as well.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/9/2017  3:10 PM
crzymdups wrote:
TPercy wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Plays with his head up
Plays within the system

Oh haha sorry - I thought I was replying to a Dennis Smith highlight!

I really like Jonathan Isaac. I think he can be a stud. He's moving up my board of guys in the 6 to 10 range.

I think right now my overall board is -

1) Josh Jackson
2) Fultz
3) Ball
4) Fox
5) Smith
6) Isaac
7) Tatum
8) Monk
9) Ntilikina

We can get a very good player in the top 9.

Oh the guys on that list, the ones I most want for the Knicks are still:

Jackson
Fultz
Ball
Fox
Isaac

If we got Smith, Tatum, Monk, or Ntilikina I would try to keep an open mind and I still think they could be good. Just wouldn't be my preferred guys.

Luckily this draft seems to be very deep to nine, with plenty of good picks later on as well.

I agree this is a deep draft. In terms of adding a quality player that should be possible even if we fell. If we move up that would give us a chance to get a pretty sure impact player. So let's hope the Lotto Gods are with us.
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/9/2017  3:49 PM
crzymdups wrote:

But, but, but the media said no one would want to come here to play here ever again because Phil said cruel things about melo and no one wanted to the play the triangle.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/9/2017  3:58 PM
Slacking off yellowboy90....
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy