1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

After that it shouldn't matter hopefully.

if you had your druthers for the Knicks who would it be?

Obviously it depends on the pick. I have been on board with Fox all year. If we are building a team around porzingis, fox seems like the ideal compliment. He will instantly improve the ball movement, get the bigs easier shots, and improves the defense drastically. Plus he has the leadership and winning qualities you look for. He seems to have the makeup to succeed in ny.
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/30/2017  8:32 PM
Having second thoughts with Smith. I've been doing research on him and the common theme of lack of effort/ minimal leadership qualities persists, Though I think its important to consider that NC state is such a toxic environment and that there is no chemistry on that team. Overall I believe that he is one guy who you most definitely don't build around, but still offers so many elite qualities offensively that he can still be a good piece.
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/31/2017  12:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:The last 7 mock--Im hoping we do not draft below 7 and thats the way Im setting up the mock

#1 Lonzo Ball
#2 Josh Jackson
#3 Jason Tatum--game came on end of season--great frame size
#4 Markelle Fultz--his knees are a little scary but no way he falls past 4
#5 Deaaron Fox
#6 Dennis Smith--will be a big time nBA player
#7 John Collins--most under rated player in draft

Moved Ball back to the number 1 pick. Moved Tatum to #3.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/31/2017  3:32 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:The last 7 mock--Im hoping we do not draft below 7 and thats the way Im setting up the mock

#1 Lonzo Ball
#2 Josh Jackson
#3 Jason Tatum--game came on end of season--great frame size
#4 Markelle Fultz--his knees are a little scary but no way he falls past 4
#5 Deaaron Fox
#6 Dennis Smith--will be a big time nBA player
#7 John Collins--most under rated player in draft

Moved Ball back to the number 1 pick. Moved Tatum to #3.

What is the fear about Fultz knees? I haven't read anything about them

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/31/2017  10:19 AM
TPercy wrote:Having second thoughts with Smith. I've been doing research on him and the common theme of lack of effort/ minimal leadership qualities persists, Though I think its important to consider that NC state is such a toxic environment and that there is no chemistry on that team. Overall I believe that he is one guy who you most definitely don't build around, but still offers so many elite qualities offensively that he can still be a good piece.

He reminds me of that Marbury, Baron Davis, Derrick Rose mold. No doubt he's going to be really good and put up numbers. But will he be the leader that can lead his team to the playoffs, or just be the best player on bad teams?

TPercy

3/31/2017  9:51 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:Having second thoughts with Smith. I've been doing research on him and the common theme of lack of effort/ minimal leadership qualities persists, Though I think its important to consider that NC state is such a toxic environment and that there is no chemistry on that team. Overall I believe that he is one guy who you most definitely don't build around, but still offers so many elite qualities offensively that he can still be a good piece.

He reminds me of that Marbury, Baron Davis, Derrick Rose mold. No doubt he's going to be really good and put up numbers. But will he be the leader that can lead his team to the playoffs, or just be the best player on bad teams?

Leadership qualities aren't there--at least judging by his freshman year. But in terms of skill, he is up there with the rest of them. Do we need him to be a leader though?

The Future is Bright!
callmened
Member: #4234

3/31/2017  10:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2017  4:48 PM
hard for me to judge KIDS who DONT wanna to play in college - yet are being forced to. plus when you play for a bad team with a bad coach its even worse. at their ages. i was a knucklehead.but in the right setting i succeeded
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
TPercy

3/31/2017  10:20 PM
callmened wrote:hard for ,e to judge KIDS who DONT wanna to play in college - yet are being forced to. plus when you play for a bad team with a bad coach its even worse. at their ages. i was a knucklehead.but in the right setting i succeeded

Coaching is going to be essential with this kid for sure. Given Hornacek's success with Eric Bledsoe, I think he'd turn out just fine.

The Future is Bright!
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/2/2017  1:28 PM
callmened wrote:hard for me to judge KIDS who DONT wanna to play in college - yet are being forced to. plus when you play for a bad team with a bad coach its even worse. at their ages. i was a knucklehead.but in the right setting i succeeded

^^^
This...These kids are 18 years old and its difficult to expect most of them to exhibit leadership skills at this point...The one's who do are those rare, special players...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/2/2017  3:49 PM
Down for Fox, Ntilikina, or Isaac at this point.

All have defensive potential...all need to get stronger.

Just learned that Isaac has grown about 7 inches in the last few years...means he has not just been a bigger man, but has some little man game. I'm seeing him as the next Pippin in Phil's eyes, though he is probably a better shooter than Scotty was early on.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TPercy

4/2/2017  5:01 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Down for Fox, Ntilikina, or Isaac at this point.

Just learned that Isaac has grown about 7 inches in the last few years...means he has not just been a bigger man, but has some little man game. I'm seeing him as the next Pippin in Phil's eyes, though he is probably a better shooter than Scotty was early on.

Kid has some serious handles. He didn't get the opportunity fully show his offensive skillset on a loaded FSU team. Him and KP in a couple of years would be insane.

Also I think Jayson Tatum and Smith have defensive potential. Smith has the quickness and the strength to fight through screens, but consistency in his effort remains a huge weakness. Jayson Tatum is suspect because he can get absent minded at times and isn't strong enough to contest small 4s.

The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

4/2/2017  5:35 PM
TPercy wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Down for Fox, Ntilikina, or Isaac at this point.

Kid has some serious handles. He didn't get the opportunity fully show his offensive skillset on a loaded FSU team. Him and KP in a couple of years would be insane.

Also I think Jayson Tatum and Smith have defensive potential. Smith has the quickness and the strength to fight through screens, but consistency in his effort remains a huge weakness. Jayson Tatum is suspect because he can get absent minded at times and isn't strong enough to contest small 4s.

Yup...lots to choose from. I think we get a good player anywhere between 5-8.

Isaac could be a Greek Freak 2.0 type player, and he has a better shot than the GF had when he came up. If he can actually defend at the 3 I might reformulate my draft pecking order...and remember, if he was to move up for some reason, we also benefit with certain players we might like falling.

Good draft year to be a lottery team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/2/2017  6:17 PM
Draft express still has us getting Fox at 6. I would be thrilled if that happened.
¿ △ ?
smackeddog
4/3/2017  5:25 AM
Wow, lakers are in big danger- they've slipped to possible 3rd spot in the draft- if one team makes the leap in the lottery, they fall to 4th and lose this year pick AND 2019s
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/3/2017  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2017  10:43 AM
David Aldridge on the shooting guards in the draft, focusing on Monk - with a bunch of good quotes from scouts and league front office execs about his size/potential.

http://www.nba.com/da-big-board-shooting-guards-2017-draft

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
4/3/2017  12:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:David Aldridge on the shooting guards in the draft, focusing on Monk - with a bunch of good quotes from scouts and league front office execs about his size/potential.

Thanks.

What do people think of Terrance Ferguson?

WaltLongmire

4/3/2017  1:04 PM
smackeddog wrote:Wow, lakers are in big danger- they've slipped to possible 3rd spot in the draft- if one team makes the leap in the lottery, they fall to 4th and lose this year pick AND 2019s

Given that the Sixers benefit big time from this and they're in our division, should we be unhappy about this possibility, or because some hate the Lakers-happy?

Ball's dad might have a heart attack if Lonzo doesn't end up in a location he likes...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/3/2017  1:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:
crzymdups wrote:David Aldridge on the shooting guards in the draft, focusing on Monk - with a bunch of good quotes from scouts and league front office execs about his size/potential.

Thanks.

What do people think of Terrance Ferguson?

Kid has boatloads of talent. I can imagine Gaines and the boys will have their hands full this draft. SO MUCH talent all throughout this draft. I can imagine Phil wants another 1st rd pick real bad.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/3/2017  8:26 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Wow, lakers are in big danger- they've slipped to possible 3rd spot in the draft- if one team makes the leap in the lottery, they fall to 4th and lose this year pick AND 2019s

Given that the Sixers benefit big time from this and they're in our division, should we be unhappy about this possibility, or because some hate the Lakers-happy?

Ball's dad might have a heart attack if Lonzo doesn't end up in a location he likes...

I want the Lakers to burn lol I get the Philly thing, but they have just as good of chance of blowing the pick as well, given their draft history. Then again, I'm not as high on Ball as others.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/3/2017  10:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2017  10:53 PM
I'm really liking Williams-Goss for one of our second round picks. Kid is real cerebral and would fit in the triangle. Bring him in and send him to the D-League for a year.
Wow, the second half of this game has really exposed him athletically. Still wouldn't mind him with our last pick.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy