NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/28/2017  9:13 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
crzymdups wrote:De'Aaron Fox after the loss. This makes me like him even more.

I might sound finicky but that to me makes Fox my pick as well. That video gives me the feeling he will never stop working on his game because losing is just that personal to him. He'd suck in the triangle but.....the triangle might not be played for very much longer...

Fox wouldn't suck in the Triangle. He's too talented and patient to suck. If you watch him play he isn't just 100mph all the time. He gives it up and allows the balk to move before getting it back. He knows when to attack or turn it on. He'd be in the Jordan/Kobe role and not the Kerr/Fisher role. He defends too. I think Phil would LOVE this kid.

He can't shoot and to be a triangle PG, you need to be able to space the floor and move without the ball.

Not sure he is as bad a shooter as you believe...His form is not terrible. Watch that last 3 he took from the corner...beautiful form. Consistency comes with time...I think his shooting will be fine from what I have seen.

Even if that is the case, he'd be grossly marginalized in a system designed to take the ball out of his hands and relegate him to being a dude that is only suppose to space the floor and move without the ball. A talented floor general like him in the triangle is the equivalent of purchasing a car ONLY to listen to its radio. But if the decision is between Fox and the triangle, I choose Fox. The triangle hasn't shown to be good enough in this modern NBA to be passing on blue-chip talent like Fox. It's also why I hope we fire Phil Jackson; the man is an egotistical buffoon that got lucky by having personnel in place that have been above average in identifying talent in the draft. If not for them, Jackson's tenure here would be all-time awful.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
3/28/2017  10:42 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I might sound finicky but that to me makes Fox my pick as well. That video gives me the feeling he will never stop working on his game because losing is just that personal to him. He'd suck in the triangle but.....the triangle might not be played for very much longer...

Fox wouldn't suck in the Triangle. He's too talented and patient to suck. If you watch him play he isn't just 100mph all the time. He gives it up and allows the balk to move before getting it back. He knows when to attack or turn it on. He'd be in the Jordan/Kobe role and not the Kerr/Fisher role. He defends too. I think Phil would LOVE this kid.

He can't shoot and to be a triangle PG, you need to be able to space the floor and move without the ball.

Not sure he is as bad a shooter as you believe...His form is not terrible. Watch that last 3 he took from the corner...beautiful form. Consistency comes with time...I think his shooting will be fine from what I have seen.

Even if that is the case, he'd be grossly marginalized in a system designed to take the ball out of his hands and relegate him to being a dude that is only suppose to space the floor and move without the ball. A talented floor general like him in the triangle is the equivalent of purchasing a car ONLY to listen to its radio. But if the decision is between Fox and the triangle, I choose Fox. The triangle hasn't shown to be good enough in this modern NBA to be passing on blue-chip talent like Fox. It's also why I hope we fire Phil Jackson; the man is an egotistical buffoon that got lucky by having personnel in place that have been above average in identifying talent in the draft. If not for them, Jackson's tenure here would be all-time awful.

I disagree. If you watch Kentucky they move the ball early and Fox gets it back when they're in the half court. It's the same way the Knicks play. Fox won't be limited anymore than Rose has been. Rose gets enough touches in the flow of the offense. Now Fox is patient and has a good feel for when to turn it up and take over.

I think you are being horribly disrespectful to Phil's record as a coach. It's not easy to get big egos to blend and win Titles. Lots of teams have had top talent but didn't win including his team's before he took over.

reub
Member: #6227

3/28/2017  2:57 PM
Harry Giles declared today. If we can acquire another first round pick I'd take a chance on him. He has (had) amazing talent before his injuries.
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/28/2017  3:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2017  3:48 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Do I need to list the many PG's that improved their shooting in the NBA? The kid's shot isn't broken. I think he'll be fine with more work. Just so you know Ron Harper played PG for Phil and wasn't a strong shooter.

Go ahead and list PG's that couldn't shoot and became good enough at it in this era of space-and-pace basketball.

not my fight but Kemba Walker comes to mind, John Wall too to a degree

not a pg but Kawhi Leonard learned to shoot as did our L. Thomas

I agree though that the big risk with Fox is you need a pg who can shoot or else you just have Rose 2.0 but (with defense and much cheaper contract). If he can be taught to shoot is the big issue. You can't teach someone to be taller or have longer arms, and for the most part you can't improve foot speed all that much

On an unrelated point I'm sooo confused on this draft at this point. Jackson sounds the most intruiging to me at the moment but I can't stop thinking about Beasely and McElmore (you could even throw in Danny Manning and Wiggins who were [or are] both good but not as good as expected). I'm also intrigued by Monk but I don't think the Knicks will go there. Phil has a premium on length and Monk's too short, and his arms are too short.

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/28/2017  4:31 PM
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Do I need to list the many PG's that improved their shooting in the NBA? The kid's shot isn't broken. I think he'll be fine with more work. Just so you know Ron Harper played PG for Phil and wasn't a strong shooter.

Go ahead and list PG's that couldn't shoot and became good enough at it in this era of space-and-pace basketball.

I agree though that the big risk with Fox is you need a pg who can shoot or else you just have Rose 2.0 but (with defense and much cheaper contract). If he can be taught to shoot is the big issue. You can't teach someone to be taller or have longer arms, and for the most part you can't improve foot speed all that much

On an unrelated point I'm sooo confused on this draft at this point. Jackson sounds the most intruiging to me at the moment but I can't stop thinking about Beasely and McElmore (you could even throw in Danny Manning and Wiggins who were [or are] both good but not as good as expected). I'm also intrigued by Monk but I don't think the Knicks will go there. Phil has a premium on length and Monk's too short, and his arms are too short.

I believe Bease went to K-state and Danny Manning's problems were injury related. Manning put together some good years when healthy. Plus, he played under a dif't coach.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nixluva
USA
3/28/2017  4:53 PM
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Jason Kidd improved as did CP3! Usually a lot of kids rely on their athletic ability and don't spend enough time working on their shot. Fox to me looks like he's a lot closer to getting his shot going than it seems. I'd like to see how he looks after getting some help and further physical training.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/28/2017  6:15 PM

Lonzo Ball's dad is such an asshat. I feel sorry for that kid.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/28/2017  7:29 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Look at his boy's face...does not want to be there. Lonzo is a low key guy on the court...has to hurt him to see his father being an idiot and trying to steal the spotlight.

You draft the son...you get the father, not a good thing for a team. He would be better in a small market in some ways... I could see some problems in a big market if Lonzo is not an immediate starter/star and the father starts becoming an issue.

I've seen this kind of shyte in HS where parents are vocal about their kids starting.

Funniest thing will be if Ball is not taken by the Lakers- not sure I would want to be the team he then goes to if daddy doesn't like the locale.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler

3/28/2017  8:48 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

I believe Bease went to K-state and Danny Manning's problems were injury related. Manning put together some good years when healthy. Plus, he played under a dif't coach.

You're right about Beasley My bad

Manning was good. But I also remember he was being touted as the next Larry bird

(5)(5)
Chandler

3/28/2017  8:50 PM
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Jason Kidd improved as did CP3! Usually a lot of kids rely on their athletic ability and don't spend enough time working on their shot. Fox to me looks like he's a lot closer to getting his shot going than it seems. I'd like to see how he looks after getting some help and further physical training.

That's the million dollar question. If he was a good shooter now he'd be top three

I'm a believer in that you can fix a shot. As I mentioned there are thing that can't be taught like speed and he already has that

(5)(5)
nixluva
USA
3/28/2017  9:18 PM
Chandler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

That's the million dollar question. If he was a good shooter now he'd be top three

I'm a believer in that you can fix a shot. As I mentioned there are thing that can't be taught like speed and he already has that

There are experts in gauging prospects potential to improve in given areas. I trust that the Knicks will take a real hard look at every shot that Fox took to look at his mechanics. The kid has so much ability I'd take a chance on his shot improving 😁

nixluva
USA
3/28/2017  9:58 PM
THE BASKETBALL GODS HAVE BLESSED US! 😜

Sixers and TWolves WIN!!!

crzymdups
USA
3/28/2017  11:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Look at his boy's face...does not want to be there. Lonzo is a low key guy on the court...has to hurt him to see his father being an idiot and trying to steal the spotlight.

You draft the son...you get the father, not a good thing for a team. He would be better in a small market in some ways... I could see some problems in a big market if Lonzo is not an immediate starter/star and the father starts becoming an issue.

I've seen this kind of shyte in HS where parents are vocal about their kids starting.

Funniest thing will be if Ball is not taken by the Lakers- not sure I would want to be the team he then goes to if daddy doesn't like the locale.

Yeah, I think his dad is going to be a major issue. And I definitely do feel bad for Lonzo. I hope he can put up some boundaries for himself. I can pretty much guarantee whatever team that drafts him might have to ban Lavar Ball from practice.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/28/2017  11:04 PM
Chandler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Paul Pierce went to Kansas and did ok in the league. And Wilt Chamberlain.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

3/29/2017  7:59 AM
Today is a trap game.
Miami is playing on a back to back.
We're playing at home coming off our best game in a long time.
I don't think the Knicks can lose this one unless Horny tanks.

We need extended time with a Plumlee/NDour/Kuz/Baker/Randle lineup.

Chandler

3/29/2017  8:28 AM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
nixluva wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:

Paul Pierce went to Kansas and did ok in the league. And Wilt Chamberlain.

Indeed! Hope I'm not overstating the case it's just that Kansas seems like a lesser form of Duke where some of their stars underwhelm in pros (not busts)

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2017  9:36 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Today is a trap game.

Know it sounds bad, but feel like this is the last game the Knicks can/will win this year.... and they still have a shot at the 4th spot.

I also hope I am wrong.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/29/2017  2:16 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Today is a trap game.

There are actually some practical and non-tank reasons to play those guys, especially the 4 U.S. rookies. Best time in the world to see if they are part of our future.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/29/2017  4:34 PM
My updated mock right now:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

After that it shouldn't matter hopefully.

Chandler

3/29/2017  6:07 PM
Knixkik wrote:My updated mock right now:

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Fox
5. Tatum
6. Monk
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

After that it shouldn't matter hopefully.

if you had your druthers for the Knicks who would it be?

(5)(5)
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy