3/25/2017  4:56 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/25/2017  5:01 PM

Didn't realize this about Lonzo Ball. Apparently his mother is going through a health issue so serious his family couldn't be at the game last night. Kind of explains his flat performance.

¿ △ ?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/25/2017  5:09 PM
?

Who looked better their freshman year Monk or Booker?

I remember Booker being a nice player but nowhere as explosive or athletically dynamic as Monk.

So many are down playing Monk in the pro's as a smallish shooting guard but I'm thinking he may be more then many (me included) are assuming.

crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  5:17 PM
LivingLegend wrote:?

I remember Booker being a nice player but nowhere as explosive or athletically dynamic as Monk.

So many are down playing Monk in the pro's as a smallish shooting guard but I'm thinking he may be more then many (me included) are assuming.

Yeah, agreed. I made the comparison to Booker last page. Just in that neither guy got to show off their full game at Kentucky. I think Monk is the better athlete. I think a healthy version of Eric Gordon or Bradley Beal is a good comp for him.

He'd certainly be on my board for the Knicks. But right now, I'm having hopes of Jackson or Ball. Time will tell where our pick falls.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/25/2017  5:39 PM
crzymdups wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:?

Yeah, agreed. I made the comparison to Booker last page. Just in that neither guy got to show off their full game at Kentucky. I think Monk is the better athlete. I think a healthy version of Eric Gordon or Bradley Beal is a good comp for him.

He'd certainly be on my board for the Knicks. But right now, I'm having hopes of Jackson or Ball. Time will tell where our pick falls.

That's why I really like this draft. Unlike last year there are actually really good players after the top 4 spots. We need PG, SG and SF and there will be options.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/25/2017  5:47 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I like a lot of what Ive seen from fox especially poise and defense.

Have some concern about his outside shot and that at NBA defenses will sag off him cut under screens etc as they do against rondo

I admit I'm horrible at projecting talent to NBA. But I've liked monk and ball. Haven't seen Jackson or fultz (but already concerned he's a sales job. How can a player be worthy of #1 on such a poor record)

I'm similarly iffy on Fultz. He has the tools, but it seems like he has no idea how to win games. Could've just been a terrible team. But in college you'd think a number one overall pick would at least make the tournie.

Watch Josh Jackson if you can. The guy is smooth. At first he reminded me of Iguodala but bigger. I think he can be a dominant force. I think he could be a Pippen/Odom/Kawhi guy in the Triangle. He's my favorite guy in the draft. He looks like a man among boys. I hesitate to say it... but moreso than Iggy... he's reminding me a bit of Bron sometimes. He's very very very good. I would have a hard time not taking him number 1 overall.

I really want Jackson. He is my first choice. The Knicks might be able to get their point guard at 44. If not Jackson I think Fox might be the guy. Jackson would be the pick if the Knicks had #1. Fox is the pick at 4-6 if Jackson is gone.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2017  6:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:I like a lot of what Ive seen from fox especially poise and defense.

Have some concern about his outside shot and that at NBA defenses will sag off him cut under screens etc as they do against rondo

I admit I'm horrible at projecting talent to NBA. But I've liked monk and ball. Haven't seen Jackson or fultz (but already concerned he's a sales job. How can a player be worthy of #1 on such a poor record)

I'm similarly iffy on Fultz. He has the tools, but it seems like he has no idea how to win games. Could've just been a terrible team. But in college you'd think a number one overall pick would at least make the tournie.

Watch Josh Jackson if you can. The guy is smooth. At first he reminded me of Iguodala but bigger. I think he can be a dominant force. I think he could be a Pippen/Odom/Kawhi guy in the Triangle. He's my favorite guy in the draft. He looks like a man among boys. I hesitate to say it... but moreso than Iggy... he's reminding me a bit of Bron sometimes. He's very very very good. I would have a hard time not taking him number 1 overall.

I really want Jackson. He is my first choice. The Knicks might be able to get their point guard at 44. If not Jackson I think Fox might be the guy. Jackson would be the pick if the Knicks had #1. Fox is the pick at 4-6 if Jackson is gone.

If we lose the rest of our games-- mathematically we will get one of the rope core players I hope the Knicks-- especially Phil knows this--and that Dolan stays far away

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
3/25/2017  6:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I agree. This seems like the most logical approach. Jackson just gives me that vibe you want to see from a star player on your team. Fox is coming on in the same way of late.

reub
Member: #6227

3/25/2017  7:58 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

This kid looks pretty good for a second round choice.

LivingLegend

3/25/2017  8:42 PM
We really need to factor in triangle fit with this pick because if we take say DSJ and force him to play in the triangle I don't see that working.

I view Fultz as PG Melo -- something about his style of play and demeanor that I just don't care for.

Assuming Fultz is the consensus #1 pick --- I would rate the following in terms of Knick fits.

1) Jackson ---- by far my #1 pick for KP sidekick
2) Fox ---- I've been on board Fox bandwagon for a long time....I think he fits our system, KP and NY
3) Tatum --- I take Jackson/Fox/Tatum all over Ball
4) Monk ---- another guy I think would fit triangle and be electric in NY
5) Ball ---- I REALLY worry about his athleticism and body breaking down in the NBA (dad is issue)
6) DSJ ----- extremely TALENTED but don't think he fits system, knee injury and attitude add ? Marks
7) Frankie --- he's a wild card - none of us know enough about him
8) Bridges --- he could be a better pro than NCAA player

LivingLegend

3/25/2017  8:45 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Didn't realize this about Lonzo Ball. Apparently his mother is going through a health issue so serious his family couldn't be at the game last night. Kind of explains his flat performance.

And here is the problem with Alonzo's dad -- I'm not 100% sure I believe this ( could simply be excuses from the Ball family). Dad has hurt his son's stock.

LivingLegend

3/25/2017  8:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2017  8:56 PM
More thoughts on Ball.

I believe he is an elite passer, with elite vision, feel and an off the charts b-ball IQ. He is a prodigy in terms of how he sees and feels the game.

I love his height and his skill with the ball but after that I have concerns.

- he is a mediocre to poor NBA athlete ((don't let the occasional alley oop dunk fool you - he is sub par)
- he is a very poor on the ball / on the dribble defender
- he struggles and doesn't show any great willingness to get in the paint or to the rim
- he doesn't get to the foul line (if someone could check Fox FT attempts vs Ball on the season against top 20 teams)
- he has little to no mid-range game
- he is unselfish but his shot selection when he does shoot is suspect and the reason you see some of the quick/forced long range 3's comes back to his lack of elite athleticism.

If Knicks take him -- I'll jump on the bandwagon and hope for the best but I had the same concerns with D-Russell and I think he's disappointed big time in the NBA so far.

LivingLegend

3/25/2017  8:59 PM
Ball has attempted 98 FTs in the high octane UCLA offense -- Fox has attempted 210.

There is no comparison when you talk about which player can get in the paint and to the rim -- Fox wins all day.

crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  9:08 PM
In the Kansas game - Jackson picked up two quick fouls. Mason is playing his way into the first round of the draft for sure.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  9:11 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

And here is the problem with Alonzo's dad -- I'm not 100% sure I believe this ( could simply be excuses from the Ball family). Dad has hurt his son's stock.

Yeah - his dad is enough of a problem that you at least have to ask that question. Sad.

I kinda feel like Ball is an Okafor type situation - I hope he gets picked right before us because I'm pretty sure Phil would salivate over the chance to draft him.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
3/25/2017  9:29 PM
Mason having another huge game.
CrushAlot
USA
3/25/2017  10:22 PM
Jordan Bell is destroying my bracket.
nixluva
USA
3/25/2017  10:57 PM
Knicks now tied for the 4th SPOT
CrushAlot
USA
3/25/2017  10:58 PM
nixluva wrote:Knicks now tied for the 4th SPOT

Wow.

crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  11:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Jordan Bell is destroying my bracket.

Yeah, his defense was incredible. That Oregon team D was pretty good. Kansas played a rushed game and never settled down. Jackson was alright, really hurt by first half foul trouble. Frankly, kinda glad he might slip a little in the minds of other teams. We shall see, I guess.

¿ △ ?
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy