[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2017  12:06 AM
That was a wow. Man that was a show. ball looked disengaged slower and his jump shot was horrible tonight
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/25/2017  12:15 AM
thats how ball always looked though. his jumper didnt fall tonight though

fox played great

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/25/2017  12:28 AM
Holy ****. Feel like Fox might've played his way up to pick no.4 tonight.

He'd be my pick after Ball and Jackson, for sure.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/25/2017  12:32 AM
This draft can shake out so many different ways and it's looking much harder to predict. We will be looking at a different board for sure after the tournament.
Knicks67
Member: #6370

3/25/2017  12:34 AM
Please let Fox be there when we pick, he looks like any other year he's going very high.
nixluva
USA
3/25/2017  12:53 AM
Knicks67 wrote:Please let Fox be there when we pick, he looks like any other year he's going very high.

Knicks are gonna have to not only lose big to close out the year but also get lucky in the Lottery cuz it's going to be a crazy top of the draft.

The way I see it:

Jackson
Fox
Fultz
Ball
Tatum
Smith
Isaac
Monk
Markkanen
Ntilikina

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/25/2017  12:56 AM
nixluva wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:Please let Fox be there when we pick, he looks like any other year he's going very high.

Knicks are gonna have to not only lose big to close out the year but also get lucky in the Lottery cuz it's going to be a crazy top of the draft.

The way I see it:

Jackson
Fox
Fultz
Ball
Tatum
Smith
Isaac
Monk
Markkanen
Ntilikina

The Knicks have a really good shot at the 4th pick with out a lottery miracle. It is looking like a really good pick. Bk, LA, and the Suns have the first three spots locked.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
3/25/2017  1:00 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The way I see it:

Jackson
Fox
Fultz
Ball
Tatum
Smith
Isaac
Monk
Markkanen
Ntilikina

The Knicks have a really good shot at the 4th pick with out a lottery miracle. It is looking like a really good pick. Bk, LA, and the Suns have the first three spots locked.

Top 4 is the sweet spot. Nice consolation prizes after that but you wanna get into that top 4!!!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/25/2017  1:13 AM
crzymdups wrote:Holy ****. Feel like Fox might've played his way up to pick no.4 tonight.

If he has a run and a good game that gets them past NC, he might very well play himself out of our slot.

Will be interesting to see if he can duplicate this kind of performance.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  1:30 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Holy ****. Feel like Fox might've played his way up to pick no.4 tonight.

If he has a run and a good game that gets them past NC, he might very well play himself out of our slot.

Will be interesting to see if he can duplicate this kind of performance.

I don't know if he can score like that again, if he does you're probably right... but he did have 22pts 9ast the first time he met Ball, so he's got 60pts over two games against him.

It'll be funny if because of tournament play Jackson and Fox play their way into the top 3. Right now we're tied for 5th (!!!) in the lotto... with some luck, we could get up to three. It'd be crazy if we were in the position to get a guy like Fultz at no.4 or something though.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  1:43 AM
Highlights of the matchup with a silly voiceover

Man, I know Fox doesn't have a great outside shot and maybe that'll keep him in our range... but I look at him as a guy who has a sort of rangy court presence of Rondo, with an offensive game more like Wall. He's kinda like a mix of both. I'd still take Josh Jackson over him... but not sure I'd take anyone else. In my head I know Lonzo Ball is probably the better pick for building a team... but my heart would be happier with Fox.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/25/2017  1:47 AM
I would warn fans to try not to get sucked in by tournament play.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/25/2017  1:48 AM
crzymdups wrote:Highlights of the matchup with a silly voiceover

Man, I know Fox doesn't have a great outside shot and maybe that'll keep him in our range... but I look at him as a guy who has a sort of rangy court presence of Rondo, with an offensive game more like Wall. He's kinda like a mix of both. I'd still take Josh Jackson over him... but not sure I'd take anyone else. In my head I know Lonzo Ball is probably the better pick for building a team... but my heart would be happier with Fox.

Someone compared him to Wall after the outcome was decided so I wasn't paying attention. I can't remember who it was rafferty (?) but another announcer validated it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  1:53 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Someone compared him to Wall after the outcome was decided so I wasn't paying attention. I can't remember who it was rafferty (?) but another announcer validated it.

His stats are highly similar to Wall's Kentucky stats. Fox shot slightly better, Wall had slightly more assists. Otherwise they're almost identical stat lines.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  1:55 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:I would warn fans to try not to get sucked in by tournament play.

I've been a fan of Fox's all year... it's not like he's coming out of nowhere.

Also... in recent years Steph Curry had a hell of a tournament run... I mean, I agree over all, but Fox has been doing this all year. His SEC tournament was great, too.

I agree that this game shouldn't move him ahead of Lonzo Ball... but I worry it might move him up out of our range.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  2:00 AM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

His stats are highly similar to Wall's Kentucky stats. Fox shot slightly better, Wall had slightly more assists. Otherwise they're almost identical stat lines.

Wall UK 2009-10

16.6ppg 4.3reb 6.5ast 46.1%fg 32.5%3pt 50.3%efg 22.3PER

Fox UK 2016-7 (not counting tonight's game, his scoring average goes up to 16.8ppg with tonight, but I can't figure out the other numbers)

16.1ppg 4.0reb 4.6ast 47.3%fg 23.4%3pt 49.2%efg 21.8PER

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  3:22 AM
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/25/2017  3:24 AM
Also, Fultz seemingly talking a little trash on Ball

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/25/2017  5:02 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:I would warn fans to try not to get sucked in by tournament play.

Hmmm -- this is a case when your eyes tell the story. fox looked unguarded le by a guard who has been touted for his D. You're right 1 game doesn't tell the whole story but how can anyone deny the incredible speed and body control that Fox showed on both ends? I think because of the incredible two way play Jackson and Fox are likely top 3 now it's possible depending on who is picking-- ball could fall to 4 or 5

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2017  9:23 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Hmmm -- this is a case when your eyes tell the story. fox looked unguarded le by a guard who has been touted for his D. You're right 1 game doesn't tell the whole story but how can anyone deny the incredible speed and body control that Fox showed on both ends? I think because of the incredible two way play Jackson and Fox are likely top 3 now it's possible depending on who is picking-- ball could fall to 4 or 5

Fox had a great game but he's been playing like this all year. His amazing skillset is just more on display right now. Statistically he put up his best game but it's not like he showed us anything new.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy