[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
3/24/2017  12:51 PM
When in doubt in the draft, don't forget Kentucky, Inc is basically an NBA factory. I don't love Coach Cal, but he gets great prospects and gets them ready for the NBA.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2017  1:58 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Right now
#1 Ball
#2 Jackson
#3 Fultz
#4 Tatum
#5 Smith
#6 Fox

I dont want to go below this. I know whod I pick at 7 and he is no G--hes a safe pick. But if we want a guard or F we need top 6 MINIMALLY.

I would go Monk over Smith. I like how Kentucky guards translate to the NBA and i think he will have more opprtunity to let loose when he can handle the ball more. Also, i can't think of any elite offensive players (as freshman) who failed in the nba. Maybe Beasley, but we know the reasons why. Otherwise, elite scoring players typically become elite offensively in the nba. There is so much more space in the NBA to operate.

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Monk
6. Fox
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

Id take Smith over Monk--I thought Monk at one point was pick #1 but that has coold off. Id take Smith over Monk because he makes plays with the dribble--has a stronger NBA body much better passer defender
re bounder--Remember Smith was on a bad team--and while he can be wild---I think hes taylor made for the NBA.

I highlighted a key part though. You tend to swift your thoughts on players quickly based on a couple of games. You see what Monk can do. Just because he has cooled off doesn't mean he can't do it anymore. Just like Fox, i told you how good he can be, and you were so focused on his 3pt % saying there is no way we should draft him. Now he makes a couple of shots and his stock has risen in your mind. But the reality is, nothing has changed with Fox. He has been the same player all year. The only difference now is his 3pt attempts are going in at a slightly higher rate. It was easy to see his shooting would improve. If you once saw Monk as a possible #1 player, don't change your mind just because he has cooled off. Obviously the shooting/scoring ability hasn't changed. Players should not be judged on a few games, but on an entire body of work.

When you see a guy score 47 then 34 and hit 12-13 3's youre impression climbs very high. Kentucky has been on all year and over the last many games Ive seen the other side. Smallish player with only a good handle who doesnt rebound or pass very much . Ive called Smith wld here and its somewhat true--but hes also a better NBA prospect for US because hes a PG built stronger plays better D and rebounds. Hes better imho.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/24/2017  2:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
#1 Ball
#2 Jackson
#3 Fultz
#4 Tatum
#5 Smith
#6 Fox

I dont want to go below this. I know whod I pick at 7 and he is no G--hes a safe pick. But if we want a guard or F we need top 6 MINIMALLY.

I would go Monk over Smith. I like how Kentucky guards translate to the NBA and i think he will have more opprtunity to let loose when he can handle the ball more. Also, i can't think of any elite offensive players (as freshman) who failed in the nba. Maybe Beasley, but we know the reasons why. Otherwise, elite scoring players typically become elite offensively in the nba. There is so much more space in the NBA to operate.

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Monk
6. Fox
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

Id take Smith over Monk--I thought Monk at one point was pick #1 but that has coold off. Id take Smith over Monk because he makes plays with the dribble--has a stronger NBA body much better passer defender
re bounder--Remember Smith was on a bad team--and while he can be wild---I think hes taylor made for the NBA.

I highlighted a key part though. You tend to swift your thoughts on players quickly based on a couple of games. You see what Monk can do. Just because he has cooled off doesn't mean he can't do it anymore. Just like Fox, i told you how good he can be, and you were so focused on his 3pt % saying there is no way we should draft him. Now he makes a couple of shots and his stock has risen in your mind. But the reality is, nothing has changed with Fox. He has been the same player all year. The only difference now is his 3pt attempts are going in at a slightly higher rate. It was easy to see his shooting would improve. If you once saw Monk as a possible #1 player, don't change your mind just because he has cooled off. Obviously the shooting/scoring ability hasn't changed. Players should not be judged on a few games, but on an entire body of work.

When you see a guy score 47 then 34 and hit 12-13 3's youre impression climbs very high. Kentucky has been on all year and over the last many games Ive seen the other side. Smallish player with only a good handle who doesnt rebound or pass very much . Ive called Smith wld here and its somewhat true--but hes also a better NBA prospect for US because hes a PG built stronger plays better D and rebounds. Hes better imho.

Can you think of a player who scores like Monk as a freshman that didn't become a good nba player? Also, i think its obvious Kentucky guards translate well. And it's possible that Monk is a better defender and passer than we realize because of playing alongside Fox. I have watched Monk look pretty good in limited pick and roll opportunities. Smith, i'll admit i haven't watched much, but i don't understand how a player as good as him was on such a bad team if he's a difference-maker.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/24/2017  3:34 PM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub
Member: #6227

3/24/2017  4:28 PM
I saw Smith play one game this year and he didn't even try on defense. It was almost a joke.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/24/2017  5:13 PM
reub wrote:I saw Smith play one game this year and he didn't even try on defense. It was almost a joke.

I can say the same thing about Monk. D is gonna take a while for both. My question with Smith is how long can that style of play hold up over 82 game season. We already have a case study in Rose.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/24/2017  5:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
reub wrote:I saw Smith play one game this year and he didn't even try on defense. It was almost a joke.

I can say the same thing about Monk. D is gonna take a while for both. My question with Smith is how long can that style of play hold up over 82 game season. We already have a case study in Rose.

Yeah, Smith has already had some injuries issues, too, hasn't he?

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2017  6:11 PM
Draftnet has Jackson as the #1 overall pick in their new mock. They have Ball at 2 and Fultz at 3.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/24/2017  6:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Draftnet has Jackson as the #1 overall pick in their new mock. They have Ball at 2 and Fultz at 3.

I had a feeling this would begin to happen. The NCAA can really boost a players standing if he shines.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/24/2017  7:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
#1 Ball
#2 Jackson
#3 Fultz
#4 Tatum
#5 Smith
#6 Fox

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Monk
6. Fox
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

Can you think of a player who scores like Monk as a freshman that didn't become a good nba player? Also, i think its obvious Kentucky guards translate well. And it's possible that Monk is a better defender and passer than we realize because of playing alongside Fox. I have watched Monk look pretty good in limited pick and roll opportunities. Smith, i'll admit i haven't watched much, but i don't understand how a player as good as him was on such a bad team if he's a difference-maker.

You take Smith for many reasons over Monk. You take Smith over the frenchie too. In terms of safety with a guard Smith is a smarter choice of fox monk frenchie because his overall skills are higher Fox is also quick and plays good d but Smith is a proven 3 point shooter with a stronger body

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

3/24/2017  10:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/24/2017  10:18 PM
Knicks will take Fox over Monk if they have a choice...

Watching the UCLA game...and I don't care that Fox is shooting well right now.

He has some great defensive footwork...amazingly quick on his feet.

You also get the sense that he sees Ball as a challenge.

Early in the game, but I'm impressed by him.

I also think that he has a good frame...has some good shoulders and looks like he can carry more weight.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knixkik
USA
3/24/2017  10:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
#1 Ball
#2 Jackson
#3 Fultz
#4 Tatum
#5 Smith
#6 Fox

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Monk
6. Fox
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

You take Smith for many reasons over Monk. You take Smith over the frenchie too. In terms of safety with a guard Smith is a smarter choice of fox monk frenchie because his overall skills are higher Fox is also quick and plays good d but Smith is a proven 3 point shooter with a stronger body

No way do you take Smith over fox at this point. Fox is just a winner, and his leadership skills are obvious. I like smith's skillset but I don't see that same leadership.

Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
3/24/2017  10:18 PM
I like Fox more and more every time I see him play.
WaltLongmire

3/24/2017  10:19 PM
Ball is a smooth player...great court sense... very cool.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
3/24/2017  10:49 PM
Zebo13 wrote:I like Fox more and more every time I see him play.
I agree. He has been very impressive tonight. Very poised.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

3/24/2017  10:50 PM
Fox is looking fantastic right now.
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

3/24/2017  11:21 PM
Leaf is supposed to be 6'10'...reminds me of another Bruin...Kiki Vandeweghe. Smooth athleticism. Really has to get stronger, but he's a nice player.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/24/2017  11:59 PM
That was another great performance by Fox! Just love his overall talent.
Knixkik
USA
3/25/2017  12:03 AM
Fox and monk both badly outplayed ball. I would gladly take either player. They each took over at different times.
Knixkik
USA
3/25/2017  12:05 AM
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
#1 Ball
#2 Jackson
#3 Fultz
#4 Tatum
#5 Smith
#6 Fox

1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Monk
6. Fox
7. Ntilikina
8. Smith

No way do you take Smith over fox at this point. Fox is just a winner, and his leadership skills are obvious. I like smith's skillset but I don't see that same leadership.

Briggs after watching that game, you still take Smith over fox?

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy