[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/19/2017  8:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:For someone who has no offensive game, he is killing Miles Bridges right now.

There's a reason Josh Jackson is so high on the draft boards. Sometimes the college game makes it harder for some people to see what makes a player special. Just gotta watch long enough and you'll usually see it.

yep. if he shoots like he did today then ill join the josh jackson bandwagon. he was AMAZING

TPercy - MKG comparison was a stretch but as long as you got my point. if jumper is mediocre at best. but obviously he proved otherwise. if he shoots like that he has the most upside of anyone in the draft

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/19/2017  8:47 PM
JamaicanJetFan wrote:Josh Jackson showed a shooting touch in the second half of the Michigan St game that shows he could have the complete package and worthy of a Top 3 (1?) pick.

WAH GWAN!

most def...if he shoots like that then i really dont see any flaws in his OVERALL game

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

3/19/2017  9:47 PM
Grayson Allen plays really smart, is he going in the second round? Frank Mason also showed really good skill bit he is too small?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/19/2017  11:38 PM
Haven't followed college hoops in years but am gun shy picking anyone from Kansas (or duke and to a lesser degree Kentucky)
(5)(5)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/20/2017  12:18 AM
callmened wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:For someone who has no offensive game, he is killing Miles Bridges right now.

There's a reason Josh Jackson is so high on the draft boards. Sometimes the college game makes it harder for some people to see what makes a player special. Just gotta watch long enough and you'll usually see it.

yep. if he shoots like he did today then ill join the josh jackson bandwagon. he was AMAZING

TPercy - MKG comparison was a stretch but as long as you got my point. if jumper is mediocre at best. but obviously he proved otherwise. if he shoots like that he has the most upside of anyone in the draft

This is why Jackson would be my number 1 pick for the Knicks... I think Ball could be the more transformative player, but the potential to watch a Jackson/KP frontcourt for the next ten years would just be awesome.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  1:12 AM
Fun comparison video of SEC tournament John Wall highlights vs SEC tournament De'Aaron Fox highlights...

¿ △ ?
reub
Member: #6227

3/20/2017  12:11 PM
Josh Jackson>Isaac.
Ball is great. Fultz is probably great.
Ball, Fultz and Jackson look like 1-2-3.
After that, we have Ntilikina, Fox, Smith, Isaac as the players we should be looking at. I’d be happy with any of them if we don’t break the top three.
Then there’s Monk, Tatum, Bridges, and Markkanen. They may be good but probably not what we need.
crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  12:33 PM
reub wrote:Josh Jackson>Isaac.
After that, we have Ntilikina, Fox, Smith, Isaac as the players we should be looking at. I’d be happy with any of them if we don’t break the top three.
Then there’s Monk, Tatum, Bridges, and Markkanen. They may be good but probably not what we need.

I need to look more closely at Smith and Isaac - I don't love what I've seen, but they're certainly talented. I agree they're probably in the top 7. If we miss out on the top 3, I'm really praying we get a crack at Fox.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/20/2017  1:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:
reub wrote:Josh Jackson>Isaac.

I need to look more closely at Smith and Isaac - I don't love what I've seen, but they're certainly talented. I agree they're probably in the top 7. If we miss out on the top 3, I'm really praying we get a crack at Fox.

I wouldn't wast my time looking at Smith- there is no way Phil would draft him

smackeddog
3/20/2017  1:16 PM
AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH! Hornacek's most recent interview has him saying we're basically not going to tank until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs (which is still 4 straight losses away). Idiot!
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

3/20/2017  1:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH! Hornacek's most recent interview has him saying we're basically not going to tank until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs (which is still 4 straight losses away). Idiot!

Don't worry. We're losing at least 4 straight.

crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  1:27 PM
smackeddog wrote:AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHH! Hornacek's most recent interview has him saying we're basically not going to tank until we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs (which is still 4 straight losses away). Idiot!

Luckily we're on a 4 game west coast trip with a bunch of teams fighting for playoffs positioning. Even the Blazers are currently a game out of the 8th seed - they'll be trying to win.

¿ △ ?
reub

3/20/2017  4:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Grayson Allen plays really smart, is he going in the second round? Frank Mason also showed really good skill bit he is too small?

I like those 2 choices for the 2nd round.

reub

3/20/2017  4:30 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I think we tank better when we don't really try anyway.

smackeddog
3/20/2017  5:13 PM
reub wrote:
JrZyHuStLa wrote:

I think we tank better when we don't really try anyway.

I don't know, I think hero ball by either Rose or Melo could add a win or two at some point (like melo in the sisters game), that's my main concern

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/20/2017  10:20 PM
JamaicanJetFan wrote:Not impressed at all with Malik Monk. I think his best case scenario is a shorter Jamal Crawford.

He has worn down--no doubt about that--hes a wildcard. When you first got to see Kentucky--the guy looked like an athletic version of something between a superstar 4 point shooter and maybe a young Monta Ellis. He had 7-8 3's against Michigan State 47 points and 7-8 3's against North Carolina--as a freshmen. I think as the season has worn down--so has he. Hes built somewhat slight--Hes an undersized two guard. He doesnt have great ball handling skills--good but no where near great. Every single player will need to be checked out. He started hot and just has fallen off--but hes also a freshmen.

RIP Crushalot😞
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

3/20/2017  10:26 PM
If Boston or Lakers end up with the top pick do they trade down? If so would we be prepared to trade up? what would it take? I just can't see those teams adding a PG
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
crzymdups
USA
3/20/2017  10:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:If Boston or Lakers end up with the top pick do they trade down? If so would we be prepared to trade up? what would it take? I just can't see those teams adding a PG

If the Lakers get #1, I can't see Magic Johnson passing on Lonzo Ball for Showtime 2. You move D'Angelo Russell in that scenario.

¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

3/20/2017  10:38 PM
I think my foot speed concerns about Miles Bridges showed its ugly head. He will need to become a Millsap level rebounder at the 4 to make it.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/20/2017  11:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:If Boston or Lakers end up with the top pick do they trade down? If so would we be prepared to trade up? what would it take? I just can't see those teams adding a PG

...they'd probably want our 2018 1st round pick thrown in...

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy