[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/8/2017  10:56 AM
I agree that bridges could be a nice NBA player. Fortunately we have Carmelo at sf. Lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/8/2017  11:36 AM
callmened wrote:I agree that bridges could be a nice NBA player. Fortunately we have Carmelo at sf. Lol

Melo may be moved to PF, and Bridges could eventually replace Thomas. Or Melo might just be traded. Either way, he only has 2 years left on his contract.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/8/2017  1:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:
callmened wrote:I agree that bridges could be a nice NBA player. Fortunately we have Carmelo at sf. Lol

Melo may be moved to PF, and Bridges could eventually replace Thomas. Or Melo might just be traded. Either way, he only has 2 years left on his contract.

Amazing how some are not paying attention to the fact that we're trying to put together a team for the future and not just about right now. Melo is irrelevant to the future of the franchise. You draft not based on what positions Melo occupies or what's best fit for Melo. SCREW THAT! We're building a team for the future beyond Melo.
smackeddog
Member: #883
3/8/2017  1:40 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Amazing how some are not paying attention to the fact that we're trying to put together a team for the future and not just about right now. Melo is irrelevant to the future of the franchise. You draft not based on what positions Melo occupies or what's best fit for Melo. SCREW THAT! We're building a team for the future beyond Melo.

I'd let melo know that if he wants to stay he's the sixth man and will get under 30mins a night. I'm fine with him in that role, and I'd start doing that now to let him know we're serious.

smackeddog
3/8/2017  1:44 PM
I think I'm warming to the idea of Malik Monk (taking into account where we may end up picking). Then I'd see if we could maybe land Rubio as a salary dump, or Rivers as the Melo deal.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

3/8/2017  2:06 PM

He may be too slow and bulky to be an effective SF. And too short to be an effective PF. Picking a tweener is the most common way to bust a draft pick, next to a center who cannot shoot.

nixluva
USA
3/8/2017  2:16 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

He may be too slow and bulky to be an effective SF. And too short to be an effective PF. Picking a tweener is the most common way to bust a draft pick, next to a center who cannot shoot.

You're the 2nd guy to somewhat describe Bridges as if he's some fat slow guy. That doesn't match up with the visual evidence from what I've seen of him. He's not quite as tall as you'd want but he's very quick, agile and athletic.

ESOMKnicks

3/8/2017  2:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

You're the 2nd guy to somewhat describe Bridges as if he's some fat slow guy. That doesn't match up with the visual evidence from what I've seen of him. He's not quite as tall as you'd want but he's very quick, agile and athletic.

I only go by highlights videos on YouTube, so my impressions could be erroneous. It is just what I have thought I saw in comparison to someone like Josh Jackson or Tatum.

Knixkik
USA
3/8/2017  2:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

I agree. I have watched many times and he's a very good athlete. Strong, quick, and doesn't have a problem guarding the perimeter. And offensively, he has the shooting and passing ability to do well at SF. Just because he plays PF at Mich St, doesn't mean he can't play SF effectively.
smackeddog
3/8/2017  3:03 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

I only go by highlights videos on YouTube, so my impressions could be erroneous. It is just what I have thought I saw in comparison to someone like Josh Jackson or Tatum.

Ha, that's all I have to go off and I also thought he was slow - maybe the video are playing at the wrong speed!

Knixkik
USA
3/8/2017  3:18 PM
smackeddog wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
nixluva wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Ha, that's all I have to go off and I also thought he was slow - maybe the video are playing at the wrong speed!

Just the last 2 updates from ESPN on his draft profile.

March 6 update: Bridges continues to impress scouts with his combination of athleticism, scoring ability and floor vision. He's shooting an impressive 41 percent on jumpers (both from 3 and from 2, according to Hoop-Math). He also has proven to be a terrific rebounder and a solid shot-blocker.

His team should make the tournament, but a loss to Maryland on Saturday didn't help the cause. Some scouts feel he's a better long-term prospect than Tatum. It will be interesting to see those two go at it in workouts.

Feb. 1 update: Bridges played the best game of his career last Tuesday, scoring 33 points and hitting five 3s against Purdue. He's big, athletic and a skilled playmaker who is shooting an impressive 41 percent from deep.

The turnovers are coming down, and his confidence is contagious. He's another prospect who would likely be a top-five pick in most drafts.

smackeddog
3/8/2017  3:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2017  3:35 PM
So the top three will be fultz, ball and Jackson, I think the kings with their 2 picks will spend one on a non-pg so likely Isaac or tantrum (or maybe Markkanen seen as how their owner falls in love with 3pt shooters). They will also pick a PG, so likely either DS Jr or Fox, with the magic taking the other. Leaves the Sixers likely going for Monk. So if that's the order of the draft, we're left closing from the remainder- no one really exciting in my opinion. We really need to fall higher in the tank standings than we are on course to. We should have access to either tatum or Isaac, think
Knixkik
USA
3/8/2017  4:17 PM
smackeddog wrote:So the top three will be fultz, ball and Jackson, I think the kings with their 2 picks will spend one on a non-pg so likely Isaac or tantrum (or maybe Markkanen seen as how their owner falls in love with 3pt shooters). They will also pick a PG, so likely either DS Jr or Fox, with the magic taking the other. Leaves the Sixers likely going for Monk. So if that's the order of the draft, we're left closing from the remainder- no one really exciting in my opinion. We really need to fall higher in the tank standings than we are on course to. We should have access to either tatum or Isaac, think

In my opinion, after those top 3, the rest of Smith, Isaac, Tatum, Bridges, Fox, Ntilikina, Monk, and Markkanen are all the same caliber of player, meaning they can essentially be drafted in any order based on preference. Obviously some will be ranked higher than others, but they are the same tier, and you will always find someone who likes any of these names over most of the others.

nixluva
USA
3/8/2017  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/8/2017  10:27 PM
Knicks lose and now we just have to see if Minny can hold on. SAC is winning at the moment against SA, but it's early 3rd qtr. ORL already won. NOP is still within range against TOR.
nixluva
USA
3/8/2017  10:53 PM
BACK IN THE 8TH SPOT!!!

Could've been better but NOP and SAC just fell apart.

smackeddog
3/9/2017  3:31 AM
nixluva wrote:BACK IN THE 8TH SPOT!!!

Could've been better but NOP and SAC just fell apart.

I see the kings and pelicans as huge threats to us- they are both absolute disasters, I can't honestly see the kings winning more than 2 or 3 games the rest of the season.

Chandler
Member: #6197

3/9/2017  8:34 AM
Question for draft nerds: every year there seem to be busts. Even great basketball minds have fallen victim, e.g.

Beasley (pat the rat)
Hasheem thabeet (grizzly and IIRC Jerry west)
Darko (Larry brown)
And tons of others from lesser GMs and institutions

Any guesses on who will be this year's disappointments?

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

3/9/2017  8:41 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Tweeners aren't as bad as they used to be. Draymond is a tweener. Crowder is a tweener

Issue is can he play and impose his will, e.g. overpower 3s or outquick 4s, or whether it will be vice versa, see Derrick Williams, Anthony Bennett etc

(5)(5)
Knixkik
USA
3/9/2017  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2017  11:25 AM
Chandler wrote:Question for draft nerds: every year there seem to be busts. Even great basketball minds have fallen victim, e.g.

Beasley (pat the rat)
Hasheem thabeet (grizzly and IIRC Jerry west)
Darko (Larry brown)
And tons of others from lesser GMs and institutions

Any guesses on who will be this year's disappointments?

Seems like Isaac has a lot of talent (like Brandon Ingram) and it hasn't yet translated at the college level yet. Every other player who will be drafted high (with exception of Ntilikina being overseas) is producing in a major way at the college level right now as freshman, except Isaac. I would think he has some bust potential. Also, Tatum for the simple fact that he plays at Duke, and Duke players drafted high in the lottery seem to do very poorly in the NBA, for a variety of reasons. But i don't see any obvious red flags with anyone.

ESOMKnicks

3/9/2017  11:57 AM
Lots of exciting players in this draft. Much different from 2 years ago, when the excitement was about only 3 names, KP not being one of them either.
2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy