[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/5/2017  10:12 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Biggest thug in college ball...Grayson Allen. Don't know what all this crap will do for his draft stock, but he needs to be put in his place by someone.

now folks are reaching. lol. i dont think allen did that on purpose. elbows like that happen ALL the time in basketball.i have a scar on my face to prove it

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/5/2017  2:45 PM
Just a side note, De'Aaron Fox has gone 4-7 from 3pt range in the last 3 games. And he continues to shoot well from the free throw line 74% on a high volume, which is the best of any of the top PG prospects. This isn't a Rondo-type shooter we are talking about. He is not as bad as people think he is. I think he is really going to improve.
callmened

3/5/2017  4:08 PM
Knixkik wrote:Just a side note, De'Aaron Fox has gone 4-7 from 3pt range in the last 3 games. And he continues to shoot well from the free throw line 74% on a high volume, which is the best of any of the top PG prospects. This isn't a Rondo-type shooter we are talking about. He is not as bad as people think he is. I think he is really going to improve.

definitely. i wouldnt say hes a BAD shooter (he had a few 10 3pt games in HS), hes more of a streaky unreliable shooter.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/5/2017  5:53 PM
nixluva wrote:
TPercy wrote:Tatum is on tongiht against UNC

Yeah i'm really interested in watching that. This should be a good matchup.

Didn't really show out as I had hoped, but he has some great passing ability.
The Future is Bright!
TPercy
Member: #5748

3/5/2017  6:05 PM
Okay so if Pelicans win their game, and the Magic can hold out against the wizards and beat us tomorrow, we would be in position for the #5 pick, effectively guaranteeing 1 of Tatum or Smith.
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/5/2017  6:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/5/2017  6:55 PM
TPercy wrote:Okay so if Pelicans win their game, and the Magic can hold out against the wizards and beat us tomorrow, we would be in position for the #5 pick, effectively guaranteeing 1 of Tatum or Smith.

I'm watching the Magic v Wiz now and it's good so far. I hope they can pull this one out. I'll watch the Pels v Lakers later too. Should be very interesting if both the Magic and Pels win. The Wiz have cut the lead down to 5 with 9:17 to go.
nixluva
USA
3/5/2017  7:26 PM
Wiz just squeaked by the Magic. They didn't deserve that win. They were losing all night. Bogdanovic bailed them out with some big 3's.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/5/2017  10:15 PM
nixluva wrote:Wiz just squeaked by the Magic. They didn't deserve that win. They were losing all night. Bogdanovic bailed them out with some big 3's.

And unfortunately the Jazz squeaked by the Kings on a buzzer-beater. We could've made up a lot of ground today that never happened. Shame.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/5/2017  11:07 PM
Bunch of teams in that 21-26 win range at this time-going to be a to tank to remember...or regret.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/5/2017  11:09 PM
callmened wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Biggest thug in college ball...Grayson Allen. Don't know what all this crap will do for his draft stock, but he needs to be put in his place by someone.

now folks are reaching. lol. i dont think allen did that on purpose. elbows like that happen ALL the time in basketball.i have a scar on my face to prove it

Kidding...right? Guy has been playing dirty the entire year. Isolated incident, you might give him a break, but this guy has established a terrible rep as a sportsman.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
callmened

3/5/2017  11:59 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:

Kidding...right? Guy has been playing dirty the entire year. Isolated incident, you might give him a break, but this guy has established a terrible rep as a sportsman.

no doubt about it. hes been a dirty player all year and he has earned his dirty rep. im just talking about this particular incident

callmened

3/6/2017  12:01 AM
callmened wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
callmened wrote:

no doubt about it. hes been a dirty player all year and he has earned his dirty rep. im just talking about this particular incident..i dont think theres anything wrong here

smackeddog
Member: #883
3/6/2017  3:01 AM
Mavs won, Pelicans won. Suns have won 2 straight. Thats the good news. Bad news is that the magic came within one point of winning, but lost in the end- bah! We need them and the sixers to win a few more to get to 4th. We're tied in 6th place with 4 other teams, and one win could throw us all the way back to 11th
nixluva
USA
3/6/2017  10:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:Mavs won, Pelicans won. Suns have won 2 straight. Thats the good news. Bad news is that the magic came within one point of winning, but lost in the end- bah! We need them and the sixers to win a few more to get to 4th. We're tied in 6th place with 4 other teams, and one win could throw us all the way back to 11th

Yeah we're still perilously close to moving back. I was pissed when the Wiz came back and won by 1 freaking point. The Magic were winning most of the game.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/6/2017  11:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Mavs won, Pelicans won. Suns have won 2 straight. Thats the good news. Bad news is that the magic came within one point of winning, but lost in the end- bah! We need them and the sixers to win a few more to get to 4th. We're tied in 6th place with 4 other teams, and one win could throw us all the way back to 11th

Yeah we're still perilously close to moving back. I was pissed when the Wiz came back and won by 1 freaking point. The Magic were winning most of the game.

The schedule is going to be light for the next 8 games, so we have to be prepare that we will win a few games. And we have been playing pretty well lately, losing close games. I don't see us moving any higher in the tank than we are now to be honest. Fultz, Ball, and Jackson will be out of sight most likely, but any of the others are possible.

nixluva
USA
3/6/2017  11:24 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The schedule is going to be light for the next 8 games, so we have to be prepare that we will win a few games. And we have been playing pretty well lately, losing close games. I don't see us moving any higher in the tank than we are now to be honest. Fultz, Ball, and Jackson will be out of sight most likely, but any of the others are possible.

Phil is going to have to step in at some point to let the staff know this effort to make the Playoffs is over and we need to see what the kids can do. Rose and Melo need to sit a bit and take a look at the younger guys that don't play. Enough of this charade that the team is trying to make the playoffs. It's time to prepare for the future.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/6/2017  11:59 AM
Ive got my 4 guys from late 1st to our late second and undrafted who I like-- pretty much same guys all year no change. Again looking for big body athletes with athletic ability who can play

6-8 260 PF Caleb Swanigan
6-7 225 SG Dillon Brooks--Oregon
6-8 235 SF Semi Olejedye--SMU
6-3 215 SG Zeek Woodley--Northwestern State

RIP Crushalot😞
reub
Member: #6227

3/6/2017  5:35 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive got my 4 guys from late 1st to our late second and undrafted who I like-- pretty much same guys all year no change. Again looking for big body athletes with athletic ability who can play

6-8 260 PF Caleb Swanigan
6-7 225 SG Dillon Brooks--Oregon
6-8 235 SF Semi Olejedye--SMU
6-3 215 SG Zeek Woodley--Northwestern State

No Euros?

smackeddog
3/7/2017  3:11 AM
How annoying-m Twolves vs Blazers game got postponed last night! Blazers are tied with us and Twolves are just ahead of us in the tank standings, so a postponement was the only we we didn't benefit form the outcome!
smackeddog
3/7/2017  3:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2017  4:01 AM
Apart from the two Nets games, the rest of our schedule is against teams with better records than us, apart from one game vs the Blazers (who are tied with us, so we need to lose that one) and one vs the 76ers (which is the last game so we'll know by then whether we have to lose that one too). We really lost control of our destiny by winning the two magic games.

As for the teams tied or ahead of us & the number of times they play other teams ahead of us):

Kings (7 games)
still to play: Magic, Suns x 2, Pelicans, Twolves, Mavs, Lakers

Blazers (10 games)
Sixers, Pelicans x2, Knicks, Twolves x3, Lakers, Suns x2,

Pelicans (6 games) (No incentive to tank)
Blazers x 2, Twolves, Mavs, Kings, lakers,

Sixers (7 games)
Blazers, lakers, Mavs, Magic, nets x2, Knicks

Magic (5 games)
Kings, Suns, Sixers, Nets x 2

Twolves (8 games) (unlikely to tank due to Thibs)
Blazers x3, Pelicans, Lakers x3, Kings

Mavs (9 games)
Lakers, nets, Suns x2, Sixers, nets, Pelicans, Nets, kings

Knicks (4 games)
Nets x2, Blazers, Sixers

If we lose nearly all our games, then Mavs and Blazers schedules would indicate they could finish behind us in the tanks standings.
After winning the two games vs them, and taking into account their remaining schedule there is no way we overtake the magic.
Kings are awful, so I'm not optimistic about them winning many games, even though they play 7 vs teams ahead of us in the tank standing.
Pelicans have a tough-ish schedule, don't look good and only play 5 games vs teams with a worse record than them (but they have no incentive to tank)
Sixers we have a shot of tying with, but it will be very difficult- likely they lose vs Blazers and mavs. games vs Lakers and Magic could go either way. Key games will be the 2 nets games and the one vs us.

Nets, Lakers and Suns are set in stone as the top three, with Magic likely 4th

In addition, I think Kings and Pelicans will finish above us in the tank standings

So likely we're looking at 8th or 9th spot (depending on what the twolves do), The best we could do would be 5th (which is where I would like to finish as that spot has a good shot at moving up in the lottery), but it's very unlikely.

1.Nets
2.Lakers
3.Suns
4.Magic
5.Sixers/Kings/Pelicans
6.Sixers/Kings/Pelicans
7.Sixers/Kings/Pelicans
8.Knicks/Twolves
9.Knicks/Twolves

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy