[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2017 NBA Draft Thread
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

3/1/2017  9:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:
callmened wrote:am i the only one who absolutely LOVE dennis smith jr?!?!?!?

dude can shoot, pass and defend and hes a nuclear explosive athlete!!

besides Fultz (no brainer), this is the kid i hope the knicks have the chance to draft

Ha, how you feel about Dennis Smith is how I feel about Josh Jackson

ha!! yeah i get the interest in josh jackson. hes the closest player to pippen

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
3/2/2017  2:53 AM
brilliant, thanks to the idiotic Magic win we're now tied in wins for the 11th spot- one more win and we fall the 13th. Stupid, stupid, stupid
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/2/2017  9:21 AM
smackeddog wrote:brilliant, thanks to the idiotic Magic win we're now tied in wins for the 11th spot- one more win and we fall the 13th. Stupid, stupid, stupid

Is the expectation to lose every game the rest of the year?

callmened
Member: #4234

3/2/2017  9:38 AM
Knixkik wrote:
smackeddog wrote:brilliant, thanks to the idiotic Magic win we're now tied in wins for the 11th spot- one more win and we fall the 13th. Stupid, stupid, stupid

nope. but i hope thats the goal!!!!!!!!!

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
smackeddog
3/2/2017  10:34 AM
Knixkik wrote:

We have to lose the games against Magic and Sixers because they count as double wins/losses- these games truly screw our lottery standing

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2017  10:39 AM
I think if we dont move up the blue chip wings will be off the boards.. I would look to trade down maybe with Portland and bring in a couple guys. Bridges and Bacon jump out at me as athletic blue collar guys with upside who are physical and can guard multiple positions.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
3/2/2017  11:32 AM
fishmike wrote:I think if we dont move up the blue chip wings will be off the boards.. I would look to trade down maybe with Portland and bring in a couple guys. Bridges and Bacon jump out at me as athletic blue collar guys with upside who are physical and can guard multiple positions.

I'd add Bruce Brown and Isaiah Briscoe as quality PG's we could target late in the draft. There will be some good players even outside of the Lottery.

Knixkik
USA
3/2/2017  12:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/2/2017  12:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:I think if we dont move up the blue chip wings will be off the boards.. I would look to trade down maybe with Portland and bring in a couple guys. Bridges and Bacon jump out at me as athletic blue collar guys with upside who are physical and can guard multiple positions.

I'd add Bruce Brown and Isaiah Briscoe as quality PG's we could target late in the draft. There will be some good players even outside of the Lottery.

The problem though is the perceived drop off in talent. It's supposed to be tremendous after the top 12. You have about 12 all-star caliber/high level starting potential players, then it drops tremendously, where you will be lucky to get a quality rotation player beyond that point. I am sure a couple more guys will impress in workouts and maybe a tournament run, but those guys are tough to trust. I want the guys that's been on the radar for a long time and isn't getting drafted while their stock is peaking. Just a thought.

nixluva
USA
3/2/2017  12:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The problem though is the perceived drop off in talent. It's supposed to be tremendous after the top 12. You have about 12 all-star caliber/high level starting potential players, then it drops tremendously, where you will be lucky to get a quality rotation player beyond that point. I am sure a couple more guys will impress in workouts and maybe a tournament run, but those guys are tough to trust. I want the guys that's been on the radar for a long time and isn't getting drafted while their stock is peaking. Just a thought.

I somewhat disagree. I think there are more Willy type players out there this year than in the past. This draft has some really good players that aren't being considered. That's why I mentioned Bruce Brown and Isaiah Briscoe. They have good qualities you want in a player but they are overlooked. It happens every draft.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2017  12:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I somewhat disagree. I think there are more Willy type players out there this year than in the past. This draft has some really good players that aren't being considered. That's why I mentioned Bruce Brown and Isaiah Briscoe. They have good qualities you want in a player but they are overlooked. It happens every draft.
its basic math...higher you pick the better your chances. We can get quality late but one cant bank on that. There are always busts yes, but the quality is at the top. Hopefully we get lucky.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
3/2/2017  1:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:

its basic math...higher you pick the better your chances. We can get quality late but one cant bank on that. There are always busts yes, but the quality is at the top. Hopefully we get lucky.

I can already see that there will be players that fall through the cracks in this draft. Quality players that are not even on the draft boards. It's up to Gaines and the boys to identify them and make great use of our 3 picks.
nixluva
USA
3/4/2017  12:23 AM
One little bad loss and the Knicks are playing in the 7 spot!!! This is crazy. The Warriors lost their last game and might be chomping at the bit to get a win on Sunday.
smackeddog
3/4/2017  3:33 AM
nixluva wrote:One little bad loss and the Knicks are playing in the 7 spot!!! This is crazy. The Warriors lost their last game and might be chomping at the bit to get a win on Sunday.

These tank standings are packed!: we're essentially tied with Kings, Mavs, Twolves, Blazers at 25 wins (so a 5 way tie for spots 7 to 11). At 6. are the Pelicans who are on 24 wins, then Sixers and Magic who are tied at 4th and 5th on 23 wins (that magic win still really hurt us). My hope is we end up 4th or 5th, but one or two stupid wins and we end up with the 12th pick. Going to be a stressful few weeks!

nixluva
USA
3/4/2017  8:40 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:One little bad loss and the Knicks are playing in the 7 spot!!! This is crazy. The Warriors lost their last game and might be chomping at the bit to get a win on Sunday.

These tank standings are packed!: we're essentially tied with Kings, Mavs, Twolves, Blazers at 25 wins (so a 5 way tie for spots 7 to 11). At 6. are the Pelicans who are on 24 wins, then Sixers and Magic who are tied at 4th and 5th on 23 wins (that magic win still really hurt us). My hope is we end up 4th or 5th, but one or two stupid wins and we end up with the 12th pick. Going to be a stressful few weeks!

HA! Yes, very stressful. It's just Soooooo close. I was confident the Knicks would beat Philly. Now this puts a different scenario in play with this GS game tomorrow. A loss would be a HUGE DEAL after losing a winnable game in Philly. If I'm Phil I shut it down if they lose at home to GS.

It would Just make no sense to keep trying to win if they drop 2 in a row this late. Then they'd have to turn around the next night and face the Magic again. This is a huge game tomorrow.

Knixkik
USA
3/4/2017  11:20 AM
College basketball is going to be very fun to watch this month, knowing that one of these guys could be a big part of the Knicks' future. After losing to Philly, but having a light schedule coming up other than GS, seems like we will finish in the 7-11 range, missing out on some of the top guys, but i still think we end up with either Fox, Ntilikina, or Bridges most likely.
smackeddog
3/4/2017  11:26 AM
nixluva wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

HA! Yes, very stressful. It's just Soooooo close. I was confident the Knicks would beat Philly. Now this puts a different scenario in play with this GS game tomorrow. A loss would be a HUGE DEAL after losing a winnable game in Philly. If I'm Phil I shut it down if they lose at home to GS.

It would Just make no sense to keep trying to win if they drop 2 in a row this late. Then they'd have to turn around the next night and face the Magic again. This is a huge game tomorrow.

Warriors looked horrific last game vs the Bulls- I worry we could beat them- hopefully they come out fired up

TPercy
Member: #5748

3/4/2017  12:26 PM
Tatum is on tongiht against UNC
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
3/4/2017  1:23 PM
TPercy wrote:Tatum is on tongiht against UNC

Yeah i'm really interested in watching that. This should be a good matchup.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

3/4/2017  11:43 PM
Biggest thug in college ball...Grayson Allen. Don't know what all this crap will do for his draft stock, but he needs to be put in his place by someone.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

3/5/2017  12:17 AM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I can already see that there will be players that fall through the cracks in this draft. Quality players that are not even on the draft boards. It's up to Gaines and the boys to identify them and make great use of our 3 picks.

There will also be top tier players that will forego the draft in hopes of getting picked higher in later drafts. And given how top-heavy this draft is, I wouldn't be surprised to see people return to college and avoid the competition. This is why we need to tank to make sure we are within the margin of error despite who declares.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy