4. Jonathon Isaac SF
5. Dennis Smith PG
6. Jayson Tatum SF
7. D'Aaron Fox PG
8. Malik Monk PG/SG
9. Robert Williams C
10. Frank Ntilikina PG

CBSsports top 75 prospects:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/top-75-nba-draft-prospects-markelle-fultz-still-on-top-but-josh-jackson-closing-in/

1. Fultz PG
2. Josh Jackson SF
3. Lonzo Ball PG
4. Jonathon Isaac SF
5. Lauri Markkanen PF
6. Dennis Smith PG
7. Robert Williams C
8. Jayson Tatum SF
9. Malik Monk PG/SG
10. D'Aaron Fox PG

What is Jonathon Isaac like? I haven't really seen any vids that impressed me

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
2/24/2017  3:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:Latest mock drafts and listings:

Draftexpress:
http://www.draftexpress.com/

1. Fultz PG
2. Lonzo Ball PG
3. Josh Jackson SF
4. Dennis Smith PG
5. Jayson Tatum SF
6. Jonathon Isaac SF
7. Lauri Markkanen PF
8. D'Aaron Fox PG
9. Malik Monk PG/SG
10. Frank Ntilikina PG

nba Draft.net
http://www.nbadraft.net/

1. Fultz PG
2. Lonzo Ball PG
3. Josh Jackson SF
4. Jonathon Isaac SF
5. Dennis Smith PG
6. Jayson Tatum SF
7. D'Aaron Fox PG
8. Malik Monk PG/SG
9. Robert Williams C
10. Frank Ntilikina PG

CBSsports top 75 prospects:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/top-75-nba-draft-prospects-markelle-fultz-still-on-top-but-josh-jackson-closing-in/

1. Fultz PG
2. Josh Jackson SF
3. Lonzo Ball PG
4. Jonathon Isaac SF
5. Lauri Markkanen PF
6. Dennis Smith PG
7. Robert Williams C
8. Jayson Tatum SF
9. Malik Monk PG/SG
10. D'Aaron Fox PG

What is Jonathon Isaac like? I haven't really seen any vids that impressed me

Isaac has great agility and quickness for his size like KP. He is a 2 way player and I really like his game. Very much the new breed of bigs.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

2/25/2017  1:11 AM
If we lose tomorrow and if Dallas can win a game, we are in the #5 spot.

That means Dennis Smith territory!

But we will screw it up and win a pointless game

The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/25/2017  4:32 AM
TPercy wrote:If we lose tomorrow and if Dallas can win a game, we are in the #5 spot.

That means Dennis Smith territory!

But we will screw it up and win a pointless game

Yep, good night for us- Twolves won, so we've overtaken them, and also the Sixers won. So we are now at the 7th spot (23-35), with The Mavs and Sixers just ahead of us (22-35 each).

at 5th (or ideally 4th, which I think is the highest we can hope for), we then have a pretty good chance of moving up, and it would guarantee that at worse we would have the 7th or 8th pick. I would love for us to end up with a top 3 pick- Fultz, Josh Jackson or Lonzo Ball, could really change our future.

Please Knicks, do not go chasing pointless wins!

The wiki page shows how the lottery played out over the years, though the Cavs luck is crazy- in 2011 they had a 2.8% chance of ending up with the no 1 pick, and did, and then again in 2014 they only had a 1.7% chance and won again!

KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
2/25/2017  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/25/2017  8:09 AM
Because it was fixed for lenron to return, which is why I hope they fix it for us this year
jamp
Member: #3163

2/25/2017  5:11 PM
Just watched Monk score 33 points. 30 in the second half. I know most of you guys want a point guard
but after Fultz, Smith and Ball, I would take this guy.
callmened
Member: #4234

2/25/2017  5:35 PM
thats fair. but we really really really need a PG lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
2/25/2017  9:02 PM
jamp wrote:Just watched Monk score 33 points. 30 in the second half. I know most of you guys want a point guard

Hes going to play well the way the NBA is now. It truly will be interesting.

RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
2/26/2017  3:16 AM
Well, thanks to that dumb dumb Sixer win, we've fallen from 5th all the way to possibly 10th- what a stupid, stupid franchise. I'm so angry right now!
Caseloads
Member: #41
2/26/2017  4:34 AM
smackeddog wrote:Well, thanks to that dumb dumb Sixer win, we've fallen from 5th all the way to possibly 10th- what a stupid, stupid franchise. I'm so angry right now!

Knicks will lose more, unintentionally, of course

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/26/2017  7:18 AM
jamp wrote:Just watched Monk score 33 points. 30 in the second half. I know most of you guys want a point guard

I want the Knicks to get this guy. I have only watched highlights, but I don't get all the hype about Lonzo Ball, I think he benefits a great deal from Steve Alford's offensive system designed to get guys open on the perimeter and from having many good long range shooters in that system. His passing is not even close to Kidd's or Magic's. Fultz is solid in many ways, but relies a lot on scoring in the post, something he won't be able to do as much in the NBA against bigger and stronger defenders, otherwise does not strike as being lightning quick.

Monk is the real deal. With him, a good vet PG from FA and a healthier Noah, the Knicks can be VERY competitive next season, and even a challenge for the chip may be in the cards.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/26/2017  9:04 AM
smackeddog wrote:Well, thanks to that dumb dumb Sixer win, we've fallen from 5th all the way to possibly 10th- what a stupid, stupid franchise. I'm so angry right now!

The only two teams we've beaten in the last month are the Nets and Sixers. We will lose to every other team - especially teams that are trying to make the playoffs. Sixers aren't.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
2/26/2017  10:51 AM
crzymdups wrote:

The only two teams we've beaten in the last month are the Nets and Sixers. We will lose to every other team - especially teams that are trying to make the playoffs. Sixers aren't.

But the Sixers games are double wins or losses because they're ahead of us in the draft!

TPercy

2/26/2017  11:17 AM
I'm with you @smackeddog, I don't know what this organization doesn't understand about the fact that we have no choice but to tank for a top 5 pick.
-We don't have a shot at at playoffs, not with the current players we have
-This summers FA is about to be ridiculous with slightly above average guys getting 20mm+
-This draft is loaded with potential allstars and even potential HOFs at picks 1-7, so what in the hell are we doing trying to win pointless games? We could, if we try, have a shot at freaking Dennis Smith or Tatum, yet at the rate we are going, we could end up with Dearon Fox or Miles Bridges.
The Future is Bright!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2017  4:11 PM
TPercy wrote:I'm with you @smackeddog, I don't know what this organization doesn't understand about the fact that we have no choice but to tank for a top 5 pick.
-This summers FA is about to be ridiculous with slightly above average guys getting 20mm+
-This draft is loaded with potential allstars and even potential HOFs at picks 1-7, so what in the hell are we doing trying to win pointless games? We could, if we try, have a shot at freaking Dennis Smith or Tatum, yet at the rate we are going, we could end up with Dearon Fox or Miles Bridges.

Fox is in the mix with Smith and Tatum. A lot of people have him in their top 5. Nbadraft.net, among other sites have him in the top 5. He's really good. But I see the overall point, we need to get the highest pick possible.

TPercy

2/26/2017  10:56 PM
Knixkik wrote:
TPercy wrote:I'm with you @smackeddog, I don't know what this organization doesn't understand about the fact that we have no choice but to tank for a top 5 pick.

Fox is in the mix with Smith and Tatum. A lot of people have him in their top 5. Nbadraft.net, among other sites have him in the top 5. He's really good. But I see the overall point, we need to get the highest pick possible.

Fox can do a number of things that are great, but his inability to shoot or score efficiently, is a problem for me.
The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
2/27/2017  4:37 AM
So, of the teams that are ahead of us in the lottery stakes (and excluding the teams we have no shot of catching, Suns, Lakers, Nets), they play other teams ahead of us a few times:

Sixers: Mavs x1, Lakers x 1, Magic x1, Nets x 2, Knicks x 2

Magic: Knicks x 2, Sixers x 1, Nets x 2, Suns x 1

Mavs: Lakers x 1, Nets x 2, Pelicans x 1, Suns x 1

Pelicans: Lakers x2, Twolves x 1

Twolves: Pelicans x 1, Lakers x 2

Knicks: Magic x 2, Sixers x 2, Nets x 2

So there is still hope we can climb, but we have to lose our remaining games vs the Magic and Sixers (and hopefully nearly every other team!)

Knixkik
USA
2/27/2017  10:10 AM
TPercy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Fox can do a number of things that are great, but his inability to shoot or score efficiently, is a problem for me.

He can score efficiently though. He's a good finisher and he gets to the free throw line a ton and makes them. He just can't shoot from the outside yet.

smackeddog
2/27/2017  11:37 AM
With signs pointing towards us increasing the use of triangle, which players in the draft fit well with it?
Knixkik
USA
2/27/2017  12:23 PM
smackeddog wrote:With signs pointing towards us increasing the use of triangle, which players in the draft fit well with it?

The two players that really stand out to me are Tatum and Ntilikina when it comes to triangle players.

2017 NBA Draft Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy