[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GameThread: Pelicans tonight
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

1/9/2017  8:31 PM
1) What do the refs have against us this year--seriously?

2) AD is making KP look like a loser tonight.

3) Like the 3 guard lineup--BJ, Baker and Lee, with Melo at the 4 and KP at the 5. Spreads the court with shooters for Melo in the post.

4) If we ever played a little defense, we might be a decent team.

5) We are the Knicks; we don't guard 3 pointers.

AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks offense looks TERRIBLE. WTF happened to Jeff's free flowing offense he was known for???

Was that guy fired from Posting and Toasting?

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

and again we have given up 60 plus pts in the first half assuming they score
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WP76
Member: #4508

1/9/2017  8:32 PM
There's that famous Knick D. 60 point half...smh. This does get old.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/9/2017  8:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:Knicks offense looks TERRIBLE. WTF happened to Jeff's free flowing offense he was known for???

UGH! I know I'm not crazy but this offense SUCKS! They meander around the perimeter with no direction or purpose. I hate the way they don't attack.

Don't get me started on their D!!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2017  8:33 PM
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

No. I think he is trying to branch out. He is my favorite writer there. I also heard him on the Locked on Knicks podcast one time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
Fire Rambis.
¿ △ ?
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

Football time
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

1/9/2017  8:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/9/2017  8:34 PM
WP76 wrote:There's that famous Knick D. 60 point half...smh. This does get old.

Seems like every game now. We don't believe in guarding 3's. Rambis's wrinkle on the defense: f#ck the 3 point line, fellas! Worry about 2's only! lmaooooooooooooooooo

ScoreBot
1/9/2017  8:34 PM
HALFTIME
NYK 51 NOP 60
Cartman718
Member: #1694

1/9/2017  8:36 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

UGH! I know I'm not crazy but this offense SUCKS! They meander around the perimeter with no direction or purpose. I hate the way they don't attack.

Don't get me started on their D!!!

i think the problem is that hornacek chose rose to start given his talent, but forgot that rose only knows how to play one way. jennings is more prone to learning which is why i was saying a few weeks ago that jennings should be the starter not rose....then jennings went through a slump and all was well in the rose camp, but the truth has finally come to light...rose cannot run this offense. and the bench having played very few mins, guys like baker, koq, holiday etc struggle with the constat motion required for the free flow. and melo's ISO doesn't help with that either.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/9/2017  8:37 PM
It's really sad to see tht this team can not compete unless they play great on offense. Literally their offense has to be firing for them to win games. They give up 60 points a half to anyone. Anyone. It doesn't even have to be good teams.

At some point Hornachek has to take accountability. Even Fisher got his teams to defend. Can't blame Rambis. Hornachek's teams in Pheonix also gave up many points. He plays or likes to use a high pace offense and the results are that you have to be back in transition. Does this team have the speed to play that style? I don't think so.

At this juncture we may just be best served playing slower and not looking to take quick shots. Making sure we get back in transition. The team is completely lost right now.

And what the heck is up with the Rose situation? If it were something family based on personal I think they would have announced it. It's either discipline or he's being traded possibly.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
1/9/2017  8:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

No. I think he is trying to branch out. He is my favorite writer there. I also heard him on the Locked on Knicks podcast one time.

There are SO MANY problems with this team. The mental breakdowns on D and lack of effort to get to shooters or OVER SCREENS!!!

On offense can anyone tell me what the Knicks are actually trying to do??? I can't really say what they are trying to do offensively. It looks like they only run screens as a smoke screen for a post up.

THIS IS STILL TOO MUCH TRIANGLE STUFF but what they need is more 4 Out PnR and maybe some Horns. The reason I say that is to DRAW THE BIGMAN OUT OF THE PAINT to allow drives and open 3's.

nyknickzingis

1/9/2017  8:41 PM
Those blaming Rambis need to understand that Rambis was in the same role and position when Fisher had the team playing better defense and they were 22-22 with far less talent. Fisher expected a physical nature and dedication from defense. Horny's training camp has all been about running and then he's got this team trying to take the most shot attempted per game. Are we really athletic enough to play at this pace? We've got vets who probably are far better served playing slower ball.

Anyway, at this point I don't care. Just let KP develop and give time to players that will be back next season. Losing more means a better draft pick position. Winning more means we may sneak into the playoffs. I see it as win-win. Not at all like last year where we missed the playoffs and had no pick. So just a lose-lose.

nyknickzingis

1/9/2017  8:46 PM
The Knicks scored 51 points in the half, on a half where KP was off and shot 2-10. KP has a normal usual half, and they score 56 or 57. The problem is defense. How can people keep complaining about Triangle when the team shows zero accountability and dedication on effort. The coaches and the players care little about defense. You have to give better effort and have better strategy.

I like one thing about KP, he was challenging AD and made him miss a few. Rest of the team doesn't do that aside from Noah, Thomas and O'Quinn. Everyone else tends to do a weak challenge on their man and no pride in defense.

We have to figure out a way to play that allows the team's veteran players to be more effective on defense. If it's to excert less on offense, to run less and play slower offense, so be it. We can not keep trying to outscore teams as if we are Golden State, Houston or some power house offense. We just don't have that superstar player to engine that. Lets get realistic about what players like Noah, Lee, Melo etc can do. Running and playing a fast paced game may not be in their best interests. It suits KP, it doesn't suit most of the rest.

crzymdups
USA
1/9/2017  8:47 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Those blaming Rambis need to understand that Rambis was in the same role and position when Fisher had the team playing better defense and they were 22-22 with far less talent. Fisher expected a physical nature and dedication from defense. Horny's training camp has all been about running and then he's got this team trying to take the most shot attempted per game. Are we really athletic enough to play at this pace? We've got vets who probably are far better served playing slower ball.

Anyway, at this point I don't care. Just let KP develop and give time to players that will be back next season. Losing more means a better draft pick position. Winning more means we may sneak into the playoffs. I see it as win-win. Not at all like last year where we missed the playoffs and had no pick. So just a lose-lose.

Rambis was made defensive coordinator under Hornacek (by Phil). That was never the case with Fisher.

If you don't see a difference in defensive philosophy between Fisher and Rambis, I'm not sure what to tell you.

The defense right now looks exactly the same as it did when Rambis took over the team in February and thru the end of the season.

Fisher was a good defensive coach. It may be a weak spot for Hornacek, but clearly Rambis is not the answer.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/9/2017  8:49 PM
hahaha, Rebecca with the Rambis interview to start the second half. Rambis says "we're messing up our coverages" and "have to rotate out to the open shooters"
¿ △ ?
WP76
Member: #4508

1/9/2017  8:49 PM
Realistic halftime interview...

Rebecca: "Davis has 22 and 10 and getting whatever they want. What are you going to do?"
Rambis: "Honestly, don't have a [freaking] clue."

ScoreBot
1/9/2017  8:50 PM
3Q - 10:34
NYK 53 NOP 64
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
1/9/2017  8:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Those blaming Rambis need to understand that Rambis was in the same role and position when Fisher had the team playing better defense and they were 22-22 with far less talent. Fisher expected a physical nature and dedication from defense. Horny's training camp has all been about running and then he's got this team trying to take the most shot attempted per game. Are we really athletic enough to play at this pace? We've got vets who probably are far better served playing slower ball.

Rambis was made defensive coordinator under Hornacek (by Phil). That was never the case with Fisher.

If you don't see a difference in defensive philosophy between Fisher and Rambis, I'm not sure what to tell you.

The defense right now looks exactly the same as it did when Rambis took over the team in February and thru the end of the season.

Fisher was a good defensive coach. It may be a weak spot for Hornacek, but clearly Rambis is not the answer.

Exactly, if you pay attn to how the knicks pack the paint, and leave perimeter shooters wide op, you begin to relize

ES
GameThread: Pelicans tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy