speaking of $$$ and athletisicm...
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/10/2004  12:30 PM
Posted by fishmike:
If Baker's given about $3 mil, how would you spend the remaining $1.9 mil of the MLE?

I dont use it at all... why do we HAVE to use it?

Save it and then you have a little extra to offer some guy that guys dumped in midseason.
Can you use the MLE during the season?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/10/2004  12:39 PM
sure... you can sign FAs through out the year. You MLE and LLE are usable until you cant sign FAs anymore.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
8/10/2004  12:39 PM
Can you use the MLE during the season?

Yes
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Bonn1997
USA
8/10/2004  12:41 PM
I still don't think you're gonna find a player who gets waived during the season who could help this team more than a healthy Keon Clark can, but we (Fish and I) have a different view of Clark
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/10/2004  1:18 PM
Swift or Dampier? Fishmike and I are definitely in agreement on this one. I'd get Swift or Chandler (yes, I'm gonna mention him again) over Dampier. Dampier is the better center now, but the other two are better long-term (next 12 years) gambles. As Ive repeated over and over again, I am also opposed to signing Clark. Black and bald Ally Mcbeal on stilts is not an NBA forward... Use the money to get Keon a quality meal or just give Isiah a raise.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Bonn1997
USA
8/10/2004  2:52 PM
I think fish was saying to go after Swift only if we can't get Dampier. I don't think anyone actually wants Swift instead of Dampier given our team's needs
fishmike
USA
8/10/2004  3:02 PM
Black and bald Ally Mcbeal on stilts is not an NBA forward... Use the money to get Keon a quality meal or just give Isiah a raise.

Thats freakin classic....

Actually I would prefer Swift over Dampier. Dampier wins us more games right now, no doubt about it but Swift is a much better move going forward, and becomes part of a growing under 25 core. Having Crawford, Swift and Sweetney around such quality vets as Marbury, TT, Houston and KT is a recipe for good things.

Remember, talent first then chemistry. You also have another nice piece for a sign and trade moving forward. Even if Swift isnt a starting center or PF or SF for that matter he's still a vital part of your frontcourt thats going to see major minutes for years to come.

Look at Camby/KMart/Nene... all are PFs but who cares? What a solid rotation
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/10/2004  3:13 PM
Swift is a fantastic talent and there's no way we can get him. Why would Memphis give him up for anything other than Dampier? I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry coughs up Stro for Damps. We'll see on that one.

As for Keon, agreed he is an underachiever, but he did achieve best under Lenny. If Lenny meets with him and is cool with him, I'd say take him for a year at the LLE.

And as for Vin Baker, I'm CONVINCED that Isiah will NOT give Baker the MLE until Damps is off the market. Think about that Post article this morning...where did it come from? We know Zeke isn't talking to the NY Media, so hmmmm I wonder who is? Could it be Aaron Goodwin? Yes! That guy has been working the media ALL summer, to his credit, it got Jamal to New York, and now he's working on Baker (among others). I don't think Goodwin has as much power as he thinks he does. Baker won't be a Knick until Damps has a home court for 04-05.

I think Damps is still a realistic option and more important for this team than Stromile anyway. Would we play Stromile next to Sweets? That would be a midget front court if ever I saw one. I'd like to field a team where Tim Thomas isn't the tallest guy on the court...
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
8/10/2004  3:18 PM
And as for Vin Baker, I'm CONVINCED that Isiah will NOT give Baker the MLE until Damps is off the market.

I think your 100% right. Make Dampier force the issue... if we can get him for 2 years and a handshake its a no brainer.
speaking of $$$ and athletisicm...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy