1/2/2017  11:12 PM
What a mess...
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
1/2/2017  11:20 PM
holfresh wrote:Melo just said in an interview that the team has to play the defense scheme whether or not they agree with it...Seems like the players are questioning the defensive scheme..I'm really tired of these players..

Maybe it is the scheme. Rambis and Phil are on record as saying they think the 3pt shot is a bad shot and they're happy if the opposition takes them. One of the things Fisher did was run guys off the line and it worked quite well. Rambis took over and changed the philosophy and he's supposedly in charge of it now.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/2/2017  11:25 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Time for Baker, Ndour and Plum.

I'm starting to believe that this team will never be a contender with Melo on it.

Might not have been a bad idea to inject some intensity on the defensive end...

Is it possible that Hornacek is thinking that if you let things get bad enough there might be less controversy when you do make some changes in minutes so that some of our more energetic bench players get more time in certain situations?

In defense of Anthony, tonight, I thought I saw him laboring at times, and figured his injury might be an issue, but he is clearly not able to be a consistent defender.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/2/2017  11:31 PM
¿ △ ?
Caseloads
Member: #41
1/2/2017  11:39 PM
Knicks67 wrote:This roster won't work from here unless something radical happens. On the bright side we may see a higher pick for the future. I'm trying to play the glad game now

tank and get a high draft pick!! loaded draft
fwk00
Member: #6048

1/2/2017  11:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

I'm starting to believe that this team will never be a contender with Melo on it.

Is it possible that Hornacek is thinking that if you let things get bad enough there might be less controversy when you do make some changes in minutes so that some of our more energetic bench players get more time in certain situations?

In defense of Anthony, tonight, I thought I saw him laboring at times, and figured his injury might be an issue, but he is clearly not able to be a consistent defender.

This is more about effort and basketball mindfulness than anything else. Somebody has to give a sh@t. Playing defense means trying to play team basketball. This looked like a pickup game in which none of these guys had ever played together before. Passing the ball into traffic and the rafters one trip after another might also contribute to the F'up.

As a fan I was flat out mad at what I was seeing out there. I hate to start ranting about trades but this group is not connecting on fundamental levels. And playoffs or no, changes are needed. Not major surgery, but I would be taking a long look at Randle by moving either Rose or Jennings. If Miami will move Dragic you have to take a flyer.

Thomas is no longer a second option to Melo either. Promote Kuz or bring in a player getting cut who is mobile.

And I would stop depending on Melo as the go-to player. It's strictly co-incidental when he succeeds late in a game. Frankly, I just wince when he gets the rock.

WaltLongmire

1/3/2017  12:13 AM
fwk00 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

This is more about effort and basketball mindfulness than anything else. Somebody has to give a sh@t. Playing defense means trying to play team basketball. This looked like a pickup game in which none of these guys had ever played together before. Passing the ball into traffic and the rafters one trip after another might also contribute to the F'up.

As a fan I was flat out mad at what I was seeing out there. I hate to start ranting about trades but this group is not connecting on fundamental levels. And playoffs or no, changes are needed. Not major surgery, but I would be taking a long look at Randle by moving either Rose or Jennings. If Miami will move Dragic you have to take a flyer.

Thomas is no longer a second option to Melo either. Promote Kuz or bring in a player getting cut who is mobile.

And I would stop depending on Melo as the go-to player. It's strictly co-incidental when he succeeds late in a game. Frankly, I just wince when he gets the rock.

The thing is that we've shown defensive intensity with this group of players this year, but not consistently...and this is pretty annoying.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

1/3/2017  12:14 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Tend to believe Noah on this one.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
1/3/2017  1:44 AM
This team is on the same track as last season. Different players, same ****.

We were 22-22 at one point and then we went south. This is where we are falling apart.

This team, this whole franchise has mental issues that seem to go beyond the personnel. It really sucks to be their fan, but can't stop.

Knicks_Fan
rickv3
Member: #6417

1/3/2017  1:54 AM
We will never win with Melo as the franchise player. He just doesn't play D, the rest of the team follows suit. I am tired of hearing Melo say this is a must win game, but then he brings nothing defensively.
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/3/2017  7:54 AM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:Wally is waxing poetic about how Lee plays good defense and he must be disappointed in this team's defense..Lee is not a good defender..

He was definitely a step slow or more on Meeks in the first quarter, allowing Meeks to get off to a great start.

He hasn't played good defense all season..It's like Affalo all over again when people talked about these guys being good defenders until you see them play...No way C.Lee would be moving around so much if he was a good defender..

This is simply not true. He had a poor first half. Second half was fine and he has played very good defense all season

(5)(5)
Chandler

1/3/2017  7:55 AM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:Wally is waxing poetic about how Lee plays good defense and he must be disappointed in this team's defense..Lee is not a good defender..

He was definitely a step slow or more on Meeks in the first quarter, allowing Meeks to get off to a great start.

He hasn't played good defense all season..It's like Affalo all over again when people talked about these guys being good defenders until you see them play...No way C.Lee would be moving around so much if he was a good defender..

This is simply not true. He had a poor first half. Second half was fine and he has played very good defense all season

(5)(5)
Chandler

1/3/2017  8:07 AM
George Karl is probably smiling this morning.

In all seriousness the basic problem on D is pretty obvious. Melo can't guard SF well and too often doesn't show the desire to guard 4s.

We should consider moving him to the second unit so he could guard inferior competition. Also he could the. Play the 4 spot where he's better anyway

This will never happen but would cure a lot of issues (including creating more ball movement on offense)

(5)(5)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

1/3/2017  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2017  8:25 AM
One thing these two games have shown me KPs importance is extremely understated. KP is our most valuable player in the short term as well. Without him we have way less size and athleticism. We can't protect the basket effectively either.

And on offence it's also clear how important he is. Without him setting screens you see less easy offence. Teams have a lot of fear of KP out there setting screens or as a shooter. It make sure for much more easy offense for other guys.

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/3/2017  8:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2017  8:46 AM
Chandler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Complete bs..Lee is not a good defender..Why is a guy who shoots 40% from the three and plays two guard always available?..We snagged him for 11 mil per??..Slightly more money than Shump?

Meeks was 6-7 from the three...

holfresh
Member: #1081

1/3/2017  8:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/3/2017  8:49 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:One thing these two games have shown me KPs importance is extremely understated. KP is our most valuable player in the short term as well. Without him we have way less size and athleticism. We can't protect the basket effectively either.

And on offence it's also clear how important he is. Without him setting screens you see less easy offence. Teams have a lot of fear of KP out there setting screens or as a shooter. It make sure for much more easy offense for other guys.

Knicks lit up Houston in the first half without KP..The bench guys had a torrid comeback in the 4th against Houston without KP..
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

1/3/2017  1:03 PM
crzymdups wrote:Alan Hahn looks like he wants to kill Wally lately... Wally seems to like getting under his skin. Wally may be the best defender on the team.

I've noticed this, too. I even wondered during the post-game if they are somehow competing for a new role. It's bizarre, and they're both really nice guys.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/3/2017  5:17 PM
Moonangie wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Alan Hahn looks like he wants to kill Wally lately... Wally seems to like getting under his skin. Wally may be the best defender on the team.

I've noticed this, too. I even wondered during the post-game if they are somehow competing for a new role. It's bizarre, and they're both really nice guys.

Do they still car pool together? The Knicks are blacked out a lot for me so I don't always get the post game shows. With the losing streak I sometimes turn away if it is on.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GameThread: Orlando, KP out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy