[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone going to the Hawks game?
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

12/28/2016  11:11 PM
The milsap non call on kp was unreal. Even the hawks fans couldnt believe it wasnt called
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/28/2016  11:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:The first video in this article allows you to see what was going on between Melo and Thabo. After grabbing/hugging Melo to prevent him from getting position for the rebound, Thabo lets go and drops his arms in what appears to be trying to avoid getting called for a foul. Melo then reacts.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/watch-knicks-carmelo-anthony-gets-ejected-for-hitting-thabo-sefoloshas-face/

That happens all the time to big time players..Melo has to handle that better..That said..That should not be an ejection and Howard on KP isn't a flagrant 1..Crazy league these days..

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/28/2016  11:20 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I knew KP was going to miss on of those FT's, his body language said it all. He was confident, but yet nervous having never been in the position
fatigue was a issue. He had played for like 20 straight minutes

Missed the 3rd one on purpose...

That first miss was a killer...obviously.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/28/2016  11:28 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I knew KP was going to miss on of those FT's, his body language said it all. He was confident, but yet nervous having never been in the position
fatigue was a issue. He had played for like 20 straight minutes

Missed the 3rd one on purpose...

That first miss was a killer...obviously.

yes but we shouldnt have been in that spot to begin with. Rose crapping the bed the previous possession was the real dagger
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/29/2016  12:16 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The first video in this article allows you to see what was going on between Melo and Thabo. After grabbing/hugging Melo to prevent him from getting position for the rebound, Thabo lets go and drops his arms in what appears to be trying to avoid getting called for a foul. Melo then reacts.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/watch-knicks-carmelo-anthony-gets-ejected-for-hitting-thabo-sefoloshas-face/

Anthony's foul was too unsubtle...almost looked like he was throwing some kind of exaggerated movie punch.

Not sure there was enough done by Thabo to warrant his reaction, by the way. Wonder if something happened on another possession?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/29/2016  1:03 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Anthony's foul was too unsubtle...almost looked like he was throwing some kind of exaggerated movie punch.

Not sure there was enough done by Thabo to warrant his reaction, by the way. Wonder if something happened on another possession?

This shows Melo state of mind...
The whole NY situation he created for himself when he made all decisions and cannot blame anybody start getting to him.
It is great to be in control of you own destiny but only if you make the right decisions...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/29/2016  1:44 AM
There were so many Knicks fans at the game...after the Paul Millsap charge they booed him like hell. After the charge call on Porzingis, the Hawks were booed again. There were obviously more Hawks fans in the house than Knicks fans, but the blue and orange were there everywhere in each section.

The refs made at least 5 really bad calls:
1. Melo's ejection...if this is warranted, then how is #4 below not warranted????
2. Foul on KP against Schroeder
3. No foul against Millsap for pushing KP to the ground
4. No flagrant 2 against Howard for pushing KP to the floor when he was in the air and could not defend himself. The wrong landing could have ended his season
5. Gave the ball to the Hawks when the Knicks had possession and the pass went through a Hawks player's hands
6. No foul on a Rose drive that was clearly a huge foul (after which Rose could be seen running back complaining and got T'd up)

Oh and Lance Thomas has his contract now and is already playing for his next one....as in not really playing. He was the worst Knick on the floor in the few mins he had. Sasha is Sasha, and we know what to expect, but I know many on this forum had more hopes for LT. (Remember the training in sand on the beach??)

The refs really gave the Hawks a Christmas gift tonight.
I know that they are human, but there should be something that says they get docked some thousand dollars for every wrong call they make. I mean they are messing with people's livelihoods here. Also...fans pay good money to be at games and don't want to see this mess! The NBA needs to figure out a way to clean this up. They need to show more transparency regarding how their refs are trained, maintained, and re-evaluated every 2 months.

I mean if the players can get surprise drug evals...why not surprise evals for the refs? and dock them some money if they cant pass tests.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/29/2016  4:08 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Oh and Lance Thomas has his contract now and is already playing for his next one....as in not really playing. He was the worst Knick on the floor in the few mins he had. Sasha is Sasha, and we know what to expect, but I know many on this forum had more hopes for LT. (Remember the training in sand on the beach??)

He has Plantar fasciitis in both feet- you try playing bball whilst it feels like you're walking on knives

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/29/2016  8:09 AM
Cartman718 wrote:There were so many Knicks fans at the game...after the Paul Millsap charge they booed him like hell. After the charge call on Porzingis, the Hawks were booed again. There were obviously more Hawks fans in the house than Knicks fans, but the blue and orange were there everywhere in each section.

1. Melo's ejection...if this is warranted, then how is #4 below not warranted????
4. No flagrant 2 against Howard for pushing KP to the floor when he was in the air and could not defend himself. The wrong landing could have ended his season
5. Gave the ball to the Hawks when the Knicks had possession and the pass went through a Hawks player's hands
6. No foul on a Rose drive that was clearly a huge foul (after which Rose could be seen running back complaining and got T'd up)

Oh and Lance Thomas has his contract now and is already playing for his next one....as in not really playing. He was the worst Knick on the floor in the few mins he had. Sasha is Sasha, and we know what to expect, but I know many on this forum had more hopes for LT. (Remember the training in sand on the beach??)

I know that they are human, but there should be something that says they get docked some thousand dollars for every wrong call they make. I mean they are messing with people's livelihoods here. Also...fans pay good money to be at games and don't want to see this mess! The NBA needs to figure out a way to clean this up. They need to show more transparency regarding how their refs are trained, maintained, and re-evaluated every 2 months.

I mean if the players can get surprise drug evals...why not surprise evals for the refs? and dock them some money if they cant pass tests.

I know there were some others but the foul that was committed on Jennings that was ruled a shot clock violation was a big blown call.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/29/2016  8:28 AM
Cartman718 wrote:There were so many Knicks fans at the game...after the Paul Millsap charge they booed him like hell. After the charge call on Porzingis, the Hawks were booed again. There were obviously more Hawks fans in the house than Knicks fans, but the blue and orange were there everywhere in each section.

The ref situation is a concern. The biggest thing anyone wants is consistency. And I know it sounds like complaining but there are far too many games (indeed nearly all) where I'm not feeling that. You want a quick whistle, fine. But then do so the whole game for both team. You want to let them play ditto. Just not seeing that. Then on top of that you have the star treatment issues where wade is allowed an extra step, lebron is immune from offensive fouls etc. stars don't need any extra help

Not clear to me what the solution is. Are the refs really that bad or are players finding ways to cheat so the camera catches it but the refs don't. But it is a real problem. Greatly impacts the fans enjoyment of the game and this after all is the entertainment business.

(5)(5)
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/29/2016  9:40 AM
The refs ARE awful.

Melo has the lowest IQ in the league.

Porzingis needs to take over games. He is too laid back and the most important thing is that he MUST develop a low post game. Even with a smaller player on him, he does not have a go to move and often misses.

Holiday is a nice player that needs grooming but he can be a very valuable piece of a winning team.

Jennings is going back to his days of throwing up bad shots.

Rose kept in the game despite shooting horribly. All his shots were short. Legs? If he had a decent shooting game, NY wins by 15.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/29/2016  11:59 AM
On the bright side some of Porzingis moves in terms of dribbling were insane. I can't believe how much talent he has. Just needs an offseason with Dirk and others like him in size to work on post moves in isolation situations. He stresses and overthinks sometimes too much. A year or two from now I think this kid will have it.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/29/2016  12:38 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:On the bright side some of Porzingis moves in terms of dribbling were insane. I can't believe how much talent he has. Just needs an offseason with Dirk and others like him in size to work on post moves in isolation situations. He stresses and overthinks sometimes too much. A year or two from now I think this kid will have it.

IMO KP simply must stop passing out of great scoring opportunities!!! The kid is too unselfish right now. He's gotta stop deferring and worrying about being a "team player" right now. We need KP to be a bit more aggressive than he has been.

Great scorers need shots to get in a groove and IN THE ZONE! He needs to take MORE SHOTS, not less.

Gudris
Member: #6213

12/29/2016  12:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:On the bright side some of Porzingis moves in terms of dribbling were insane. I can't believe how much talent he has. Just needs an offseason with Dirk and others like him in size to work on post moves in isolation situations. He stresses and overthinks sometimes too much. A year or two from now I think this kid will have it.

IMO KP simply must stop passing out of great scoring opportunities!!! The kid is too unselfish right now. He's gotta stop deferring and worrying about being a "team player" right now. We need KP to be a bit more aggressive than he has been.

Great scorers need shots to get in a groove and IN THE ZONE! He needs to take MORE SHOTS, not less.

It is Rose fault, KP was wide open atleast 5-6 times when Rose missed on drives to basket, Rose 9 of 28, KP 7 of 17, Rose need to learn how to see open KP

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/29/2016  12:58 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:This is on Melo and I mean it. You can't leave your team like that no matter what happened prior to you lashing out. Rose was beyond foolish to run into a double at the end when Kp has Damn Schroeder on him in the post. Frustrating these are the ones you can't lose, I'm getting nervous for the rest of the season if we can't beat playoff caliber teams or close out close ones.

They were 6-1 in games decided by 4pts or less before this BS.

If there's a professional referee crew in the house, they have a better shot.

Yes but we are also now 3-11 against teams in play off positions. That is worrying. We are basically beating teams we should be and failing the vast majority of the time against anyone decent.

knicks still need to add pieces in the offseason before we truly take the next step

Knicks need to keep working and improving with the players they have. Rose and KP PnR should be a lethal weapon, but they aren't clicking fully. They don't really have great chemistry and I think there are TONS of points left on the floor because Rose missing the window to hit KP and then goes Solo. Also KP could develop a nice 2 man passing and cutting game with Rose, but you just don't see it as a big time weapon when it SHOULD BE!!! Kind of reminds me of the Melo/Amare PnR that was great but they never used it.

We saw THIS time and again last night. It's a big part of the problem with the team. Rose is so accustomed to being "the man" in Chitown that he hasn't really developed elite PG skills (i.e., looking to set dudes up to score), even in obvious PnR situations.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/29/2016  1:13 PM
All valid points.

KP has the skills, that is why he needs to take over more. As some of you say though, the PG must find him.

The crossover he put on Howard was sick and then Howard clubbed him. That was so intentional.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/29/2016  2:53 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

12/29/2016  3:47 PM
^^ wow, if true

I know it sounds like bitching, but it really irritates me when i see Lebron run over people and then get bucket and the blocking foul

And melo gets whacked in the head (headband comes off etc.) and no call.

If i were in charge I'd be telling the team, if the refs are tight with the whistle make your fouls count. Knock some guys on their ass. Counts the same as the touch fouls

(5)(5)
Cartman718

12/29/2016  10:28 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Oh and Lance Thomas has his contract now and is already playing for his next one....as in not really playing. He was the worst Knick on the floor in the few mins he had. Sasha is Sasha, and we know what to expect, but I know many on this forum had more hopes for LT. (Remember the training in sand on the beach??)

He has Plantar fasciitis in both feet- you try playing bball whilst it feels like you're walking on knives

didn't know that, but then why is he on the floor...he cant help the team feeling like that. bad call by hornacek on that one.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

12/29/2016  10:30 PM
nixluva wrote:

i agree with this...he seemed tentative when i was watching in person.
Anyone going to the Hawks game?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy