[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone going to the Hawks game?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
12/28/2016  10:31 PM
Knicks67 wrote:This is on Melo and I mean it. You can't leave your team like that no matter what happened prior to you lashing out. Rose was beyond foolish to run into a double at the end when Kp has Damn Schroeder on him in the post. Frustrating these are the ones you can't lose, I'm getting nervous for the rest of the season if we can't beat playoff caliber teams or close out close ones.

They were 6-1 in games decided by 4pts or less before this BS.

If there's a professional referee crew in the house, they have a better shot.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
magicTs
Member: #5564

12/28/2016  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2016  10:37 PM
crzymdups wrote:
magicTs wrote:God knows what Clyde is on about Rose having a "great game". He cost us in several huge moments and has hit 9 from 28 ffs.

Are you kidding me? The Knicks would have been dead without him. He challenged the Hawks all game and got every Knicks player open shots?

No I'm not "kidding" you. He was atrocious in the key moments and without Melo (and Lee) we needed him to shoot well and he shot 32%. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Whilst he is a massive massive upgrade on what we have had in years we won't win a thing with him there over the next few years as he is not elite (never mind the injury concerns/risk). Thats the brutal reality. With Westbrook the Knicks win that game in regulation, with Rose we fell short.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/28/2016  10:32 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Rose took it on himself to carry the team and did well early.
However once he began to miss, he needed to become more alert for the open man.

He doesn't pass enough.

But I still appreciate his effort.

Jennings was the one that really let me down. He was a complete non-factor. Took bad shots. Didn't break down the defense.

Pretty much agree. Also, I thought Kuz struggled during his brief appearance. The game seemed too intense for him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
magicTs

12/28/2016  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2016  10:33 PM
crzymdups wrote:
magicTs wrote:Another sickening and horrible defeat on the road against an inferior team. Melo should be utterly ashamed at his behavior, totally needless, unprofessional and uncalled for and left his team mates in a **** position. Especially when he knew we were without another starter in Lee. Not good enough and again calls into question his leadership or more accurately the lack of it.

The refs were generally dreadful and against us in virtually every respect but we need to rise above it. Doesn't excuse the hole Melo put us in.

Noah had a good night. We need much more of this kind of game from him.

Can now see us falling back under .500 by the end of this road trip.

You blame Melo for getting ejected... and then in the next breathe say the refs were terrible.

I hate that rise above the refs BS. It's a road game - the refs take away your best player and give multiple freebies to the other team, it's hard to win for anyone.

The refs were abysmal.

Melo still deserved to be ejected and in my opinion was completely irresponsible.

We will lose this road trip 0-3 and Melo cost us this game against a lesser team.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/28/2016  10:33 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Rose took it on himself to carry the team and did well early.
However once he began to miss, he needed to become more alert for the open man.

He doesn't pass enough.

But I still appreciate his effort.

Jennings was the one that really let me down. He was a complete non-factor. Took bad shots. Didn't break down the defense.

agreed. The problem is that rose isnt a traditional point guard. His game is driving to the hoop thats it. When he is on he looks great but when he is off he doesnt do other things besides scoring on drives
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/28/2016  10:33 PM
I knew KP was going to miss on of those FT's, his body language said it all. He was confident, but yet nervous having never been in the position
ES
StarksEwing1

12/28/2016  10:34 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I knew KP was going to miss on of those FT's, his body language said it all. He was confident, but yet nervous having never been in the position
fatigue was a issue. He had played for like 20 straight minutes
magicTs

12/28/2016  10:36 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:This is on Melo and I mean it. You can't leave your team like that no matter what happened prior to you lashing out. Rose was beyond foolish to run into a double at the end when Kp has Damn Schroeder on him in the post. Frustrating these are the ones you can't lose, I'm getting nervous for the rest of the season if we can't beat playoff caliber teams or close out close ones.

Yes but we are also now 3-11 against teams in play off positions. That is worrying. We are basically beating teams we should be and failing the vast majority of the time against anyone decent.

StarksEwing1

12/28/2016  10:38 PM
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yes but we are also now 3-11 against teams in play off positions. That is worrying. We are basically beating teams we should be and failing the vast majority of the time against anyone decent.

knicks still need to add pieces in the offseason before we truly take the next step
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/28/2016  10:42 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

knicks still need to add pieces in the offseason before we truly take the next step

Knicks need to keep working and improving with the players they have. Rose and KP PnR should be a lethal weapon, but they aren't clicking fully. They don't really have great chemistry and I think there are TONS of points left on the floor because Rose missing the window to hit KP and then goes Solo. Also KP could develop a nice 2 man passing and cutting game with Rose, but you just don't see it as a big time weapon when it SHOULD BE!!! Kind of reminds me of the Melo/Amare PnR that was great but they never used it.

CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2016  10:42 PM
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They should have won this game. Lots of reasons why they lost but bad calls were a huge part of things. Also, they need Melo. Wally just saying how much easier it is on offense when you have a guy like Melo. But Noah is playing much better, KOQ is sustaining his good play and DRose is healthy and was able to get to the basket.
StarksEwing1

12/28/2016  10:45 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They should have won this game. Lots of reasons why they lost but bad calls were a huge part of things. Also, they need Melo. Wally just saying how much easier it is on offense when you have a guy like Melo. But Noah is playing much better, KOQ is sustaining his good play and DRose is healthy and was able to get to the basket.
obviously not having melo hurt but they still should have won. Bad calls and some poor decisions by rose were the reasons why we didnt get the W
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2016  10:47 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

obviously not having melo hurt but they still should have won. Bad calls and some poor decisions by rose were the reasons why we didnt get the W
They needed another scorer. When they started the 4th with out Rose or KP on the floor it was scary. I agree they should have won it but they didn't. 0-13 without Melo during the KP era.
Knicks67
Member: #6370

12/28/2016  10:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They were better on D, but worse on offence. Beyond frustrating. I saw someone saying in another thread that if you just had a two way guy like Crowder you'd be playing better because they aren't a liability anywhere. It makes you think, obviously Melo is irreplaceable offensively but what we need to draft now is an athletic Crowder like like player to develop, shoots decently from everywhere but plays quality D.

StarksEwing1

12/28/2016  10:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They needed another scorer. When they started the 4th with out Rose or KP on the floor it was scary. I agree they should have won it but they didn't. 0-13 without Melo during the KP era.
pretty much what i said. Cant accuse me of "Going after" melo this time crush lol
StarksEwing1

12/28/2016  10:55 PM
Knicks67 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
magicTs wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They were better on D, but worse on offence. Beyond frustrating. I saw someone saying in another thread that if you just had a two way guy like Crowder you'd be playing better because they aren't a liability anywhere. It makes you think, obviously Melo is irreplaceable offensively but what we need to draft now is an athletic Crowder like like player to develop, shoots decently from everywhere but plays quality D.

we could have had crowder. Phil admitted he could have traded for him and regrets it
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2016  10:57 PM
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/28/2016  11:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/28/2016  11:03 PM
KP has to get more touches in games like these..No reason for Jennings to play down the stretch in these games, still...Lance not being healthy kills us in game like these..Rose ran out of gas..Good game from Noah..KOQ had a decent first half has to get some burn down the stretch..Bench not experienced enough to play in playoff type environment like tonight..ATL is not the same team as the past..
StarksEwing1

12/28/2016  11:03 PM
holfresh wrote:KP has to get more touches in games like these..No reason for Jennings to play down the stretch in these games...Lance not being healthy kills us in game like these..Rose ran out of gas..Good game from Noah..KOQ had a decent first half has to get some burn down the stretch..Bench not experienced enough to play in playoff type environment like tonight..
agreed holfresh. Noah had his best game of the year. If he does it more often we will be in good shape
CrushAlot
USA
12/28/2016  11:05 PM
The first video in this article allows you to see what was going on between Melo and Thabo. After grabbing/hugging Melo to prevent him from getting position for the rebound, Thabo lets go and drops his arms in what appears to be trying to avoid getting called for a foul. Melo then reacts.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/watch-knicks-carmelo-anthony-gets-ejected-for-hitting-thabo-sefoloshas-face/
Anyone going to the Hawks game?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy