12/25/2016  2:28 PM
4Q - 0:17
NYK 112 BOS 117
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

12/25/2016  2:28 PM
Coaches use to call time outs to set up big plays in key moments..Not anymore ??
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/25/2016  2:29 PM
💔
Knicks_Fan
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/25/2016  2:30 PM
That was a foul by Thomas on Melo!
ScoreBot
12/25/2016  2:32 PM
4Q - 0:11
NYK 114 BOS 118
Knicksfan
USA
12/25/2016  2:33 PM
I hate losing to the Celtics, especially at home.
Knicks_Fan
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/25/2016  2:35 PM
Big block by horford although game was pretty much over
ScoreBot
12/25/2016  2:36 PM
4Q - 0:02
NYK 114 BOS 119
nixluva
USA
12/25/2016  2:36 PM
Boston's D was a huge factor in addition to some poor D from the Knicks. Still the Knicks had chances to win.
Gudris
Member: #6213

12/25/2016  2:37 PM
Somebody tech them to pass the ball
ScoreBot
12/25/2016  2:40 PM
FINAL
NYK 114 BOS 119
nixluva
USA
12/25/2016  2:40 PM
Knicks not outclassed just not quite all the way there. You can see that Boston's execution is WAY better on both ends. The Knicks still aren't quite there in their chemistry and execution yet. The Knicks still get stuck in between on what they want to do on both ends.
Knicksfan
USA
12/25/2016  2:43 PM
Porzingis should stop talking about retribution or payback games. He talked about that with Green and the Warriors and he did horrible. He talked about this game too and while they made it interesting, they again came up short. Next time, just say you want to win every game no matter what and thats it. Im tired of then talking about wanting a rematch only to lay another rotten egg.
Knicks_Fan
nixluva
USA
12/25/2016  2:47 PM
Knicksfan wrote:Porzingis should stop talking about retribution or payback games. He talked about that with Green and the Warriors and he did horrible. He talked about this game too and while they made it interesting, they again came up short. Next time, just say you want to win every game no matter what and thats it. Im tired of then talking about wanting a rematch only to lay another rotten egg.

Meh! That's not a big deal to me. The Knicks are still a new squad and they have a lot more growth ahead of them. Boston and GS are not only good and great teams but they're AHEAD of the Knicks in their development. Knicks just put this team together!!!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/25/2016  2:52 PM
Hard to be a contender when your top dog shoots as poorly and as often as Melo does. Melo is a very good scorer but I wish we were less reliant on him or he passed the ball more. He had so many possessions today and just not enough quality scoring chances came.

Boston has less talent on offense than us but play harder and more like a team. Defensively is where they are really skilled.

Good fight by us but felt we played a stupid second quarter that really helped Boston. Jennings was a complete non factor and that killed our bench production.

I don't often complain about the refs but that was a brutally bad called game.

MS
Member: #724
12/25/2016  2:52 PM
It's not a talent issue.

Today came down to effort. Boston fights through screens, makes you uncomfortable and cuts hard on every possession.

Isiah Thomas might be the toughest cover in the league and his guys know if they cut hard they are going to get the ball. Which happens to be the opposite with Rose and Melo when they have the ball. Heads down far too often looking to get theirs.

Noah would and should get easy buckets if these guys were looking for the bigs cutting.

Crowder and Smart just hit you and hit you and Melo tried to body them and took a lot of tough shot he didn't need too.

There isn't trust out there.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/25/2016  2:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:Porzingis should stop talking about retribution or payback games. He talked about that with Green and the Warriors and he did horrible. He talked about this game too and while they made it interesting, they again came up short. Next time, just say you want to win every game no matter what and thats it. Im tired of then talking about wanting a rematch only to lay another rotten egg.

Meh! That's not a big deal to me. The Knicks are still a new squad and they have a lot more growth ahead of them. Boston and GS are not only good and great teams but they're AHEAD of the Knicks in their development. Knicks just put this team together!!!

More relevant is that KP on a contused knee that was still hurting him, gave the team 22 points 12 boards 4 blocks on good shooting. This was an average game from him and he end up being a significant producer.

Also like Noah's game and energy the last few games. I finally see a difference in when he is out there. Waited a long time but the last 2-3 games Noah has been a clear difference maker. He must keep this up.

My question to who like to see Melo shoot a lot, if Rose is a constant driving scorer and a shoot first guy, and Melo is also always looking for his shot, who is our point out there? Noah? We need better passing from Melo and Rose.

nixluva
USA
12/25/2016  2:58 PM
MS wrote:It's not a talent issue.

Today came down to effort. Boston fights through screens, makes you uncomfortable and cuts hard on every possession.

Isiah Thomas might be the toughest cover in the league and his guys know if they cut hard they are going to get the ball. Which happens to be the opposite with Rose and Melo when they have the ball. Heads down far too often looking to get theirs.

Noah would and should get easy buckets if these guys were looking for the bigs cutting.

Crowder and Smart just hit you and hit you and Melo tried to body them and took a lot of tough shot he didn't need too.

There isn't trust out there.

All true but we can't forget that Boston has been together longer!!! They've had more continuity with the Coach and most of the key players! So we have to keep things in perspective. The Knicks are working to develop more chemistry and consistency as a team. It's A PROCESS!

nixluva
USA
12/25/2016  3:02 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
nixluva wrote:

More relevant is that KP on a contused knee that was still hurting him, gave the team 22 points 12 boards 4 blocks on good shooting. This was an average game from him and he end up being a significant producer.

Also like Noah's game and energy the last few games. I finally see a difference in when he is out there. Waited a long time but the last 2-3 games Noah has been a clear difference maker. He must keep this up.

My question to who like to see Melo shoot a lot, if Rose is a constant driving scorer and a shoot first guy, and Melo is also always looking for his shot, who is our point out there? Noah? We need better passing from Melo and Rose.

This game was tough for them cuz Boston is like the Cavs defensively! They take away passing lanes and make you uncomfortable. So Melo and Rose MUST use that aggression against them and PASS but also the other guys must cut harder. Jeff still has work to do but they're MUCH CLOSER to the top teams than the Pros predicted before the season.

holfresh
Member: #1081

12/25/2016  3:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/25/2016  3:17 PM
I'm down on Hornacek...Mismanagement of Melo's minutes still...Kuz in the game getting abused too long..Team play no defense..No time out when Crowder is launching wide open threes..No time out when we have a big possession and Melo with a big turnover at a critical time..I keep seeing Jennings in with the starters down the stretch and can't see the benefit..Knicks make a comeback after he was taken out and I think because of better spacing becuase Lee is a three point threat..

This team has way too much talent for this type of showing..
Knicks vs Celtic: Christmas Day

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy