[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Do you believe in Magic?...........
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/23/2016  9:52 AM
Did anyone else notice the one defensive possession where Holiday basically ran down every perimeter shooter as the ball swung? Loved the effort. Def want to keep him at the right price.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/23/2016  10:36 AM
Andrew wrote:Did anyone else notice the one defensive possession where Holiday basically ran down every perimeter shooter as the ball swung? Loved the effort. Def want to keep him at the right price.

Yeah he's a KEEPER. It's hard to find a guy with his quickness, size and length. He defends hard and is solid offensively. What's not to like??? He's become a better version of LT.

blkexec
Member: #748
12/23/2016  12:16 PM
Andrew wrote:Quite amazing how our bench has become one of the team's strengths....reported as one of the teams glaring weaknesses at the start of the season.

The optimistic fans like myself, spoke very highly of the bench. I thought the professional experience would help their nba learning curve. Plus we had a chance to see how quick KP adjusted. The starting lineup was more of an issue to me, because melos best position is PF...and the health risk of Noah and rose, was my issue or sign of weakness.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/23/2016  12:23 PM
blkexec wrote:
Andrew wrote:Quite amazing how our bench has become one of the team's strengths....reported as one of the teams glaring weaknesses at the start of the season.

The optimistic fans like myself, spoke very highly of the bench. I thought the professional experience would help their nba learning curve. Plus we had a chance to see how quick KP adjusted. The starting lineup was more of an issue to me, because melos best position is PF...and the health risk of Noah and rose, was my issue or sign of weakness.

same.. I thought it was good. I thought Kuz/Willy would help right away because of their experience as pros as well. Didnt think much of Holiday but he's played well. Thought very little of KOQ and he's been a revelation. Thought tons of Lance and he's been a non factor... so while things didnt pan as I thought the depth proved to be real. Last night no starters played 30 minutes. Orlando is a scrappy physical team and our depth killed them. Not much from Melo/KP and we still win going away.

Most of all I love the pipeline. Suddenly KOQ is playing at a crazy level and he's only in year 2 of a 4 year very modest deal. Willy in year 1 of an equally cap amazing 4 year deal. Kuz getting better all the time and always seems to make plays and have an impact. We have some really nice upside on the bottom half of this roster.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/23/2016  12:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:

same.. I thought it was good. I thought Kuz/Willy would help right away because of their experience as pros as well. Didnt think much of Holiday but he's played well. Thought very little of KOQ and he's been a revelation. Thought tons of Lance and he's been a non factor... so while things didnt pan as I thought the depth proved to be real. Last night no starters played 30 minutes. Orlando is a scrappy physical team and our depth killed them. Not much from Melo/KP and we still win going away.

Most of all I love the pipeline. Suddenly KOQ is playing at a crazy level and he's only in year 2 of a 4 year very modest deal. Willy in year 1 of an equally cap amazing 4 year deal. Kuz getting better all the time and always seems to make plays and have an impact. We have some really nice upside on the bottom half of this roster.

Really, LT a DNP? How often does that happen when he's not nursing some sort of injury?

I have absolutely thought great things of this bench more and more as the season goes on, both the choice of yoots and the vets. Jennings reinventing himself as a more athletic John Stockton? 12 frickin dimes????

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/23/2016  2:25 PM

charles barkley will need to eat his words soon.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/23/2016  3:36 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

And remember, this is without Lance having any kind of positive impact, for the most part.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Kemet
Member: #6148

12/23/2016  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/23/2016  8:32 PM
blkexec wrote:

Our $$$ veteran starter lineup shouldve had it together 2 weeks out the gate after the preseason games they have to many years under their belt (combine) in the NBA .. our bench roster became optimistic when we signed Jennings having (Oakley)Quinn plus adding vet Sasha n three explosive frontcourt rookies in Kuz/Willy/Plumlee

Great Knicks win using Quinn n Willy in a tandem frontcourt screen to give Jennings all the open space needed to have option to feed inside n outside teammates .. Coach Horn gets a A+ plus for running a complete 10 man rotation throughout the game .. we play a better game using two-units rather than give 3 to 4 players more than 30 minute a game to settle with a 8 man rotation especially when we are playing 4 games in 6 days.
Great Knicks Win !!!

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/23/2016  9:09 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

And a lot of other analysts. The bench was almost always given as a weakness when guys spoke about the Knicks. The coaching change wasn't factored in. Health and the sentiment that this would be a great team in 2012 was repeated frequently. Oh and the Knicks were going to sacrifice KP's development to try to win with Melo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game thread: Do you believe in Magic?...........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy