[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KNICKS "BREAKING BAD" IN AZ TONIGHT 9:00pm
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

12/14/2016  6:23 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Hate to say it, but the offense was running much more smoothly with Anthony on the bench...one of Baker's turnovers came when he was trying to force the ball to Anthony on one of those high post gives. Much more movement and cutting- a different team out there...it was very obvious.

Surprised that Jennings was so ineffective as a scorer, though he did have the 5 assists. Losing Rose was a killer in this game.

We also had 5 more FTs with the same number made as the Suns...Noah only 2/6.

With all the poor play we still should have won.

So it goes.

and one of Jennings was when Melo wasn't even looking and the ball hit him in the side of the head. unbelievable. "get your head in the game" doesn't mean that

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

12/14/2016  6:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:What is stupid is a $25MM a year player shooting 3-15 and 4-16. AND the legions of trolls that show up every time he has good shooting game don't comment at all on this no defense, low IQ chucker costing us games. Even people with the most brilliant screen names ever seem to be giving him a pass.
...or the legion of Melo-haters who never comment about him doing other things when his shot is off or when he hits clutch shots even when having a bad shooting night. Even people with the most revealing, ridiculous screen names will never give him credit for anything because they're blinded by their hatred of the guy. There are probably a lot of former Ewing-haters who wish to have an intervention with you to share how bad they feel about what they did in the 90s.

Oh come on you too?

I don't hate Melo, but it's no secret I don't like him. I don't like his style of play and his lack of maturity at this point in his career. This season I have criticized him for ball stopping and bad shooting. He has done both. He is our primary scorer. I expect him to shoulder that load, every game. I criticize him when he doesn't. I don't think that he needs adulation when he does. When you make 25MM, and barely do your job you are being inadequate. If Melo ever puts in a performance that qualifies as an over achieve,ment for someone in his paygrade you will see all the adulation you can handle. Till then, we won't really agree on our approach to Melo.

Now people here have put words in my mouth, that I have never said. I have never said this is KP'S team, or repeated that claim made by others. I root for the Knicks, not for Melo or KP. This team has definitely shown improvement this year. Rose has carved out a role that seems to be adequate, Jennings is playing well (needs to cut down on TOs), KOQ has been a revelation, Noah has been a major disappointment. KP has been as good as I can expect from a second year player. On the balance, I think this is a better team than we have had in a while. But Melo and Rose as the two top paid players need to do more and I honestly haven't seen that from them. Rose has definitely had some good games as had Melo, but the consistency is not there.

Team game is still not where it needs to be. Our flow looks good in some games, other games like yesterday it looks stagnant. And that's when the ball stopping and bad shooting hurts us the most. We are also playing horrible defense as a team.

you are going by how much money melo makes? lol even more of a hater than i thought. to put this in context in today's nba...BRADLEY BEAL makes Melo money.

So why the special hate treatment for Melo alone?
He did have a bad game yesterday. Here's how key he is...when he has a bad game...Knicks rarely win. How about Rose KP KOQ or anyone else? When the other guys have a bad game and Melo has a good game, we typically win (at least this season)

Melo has been making this money for a long time before today's NBA context became real. And if Bradley Beal was on the Knicks and played selfish no defense basketball I would be equally critical of him.

I do think people should play up to the level they get paid at. Melo gets more than anyone on the team, so he deserves more criticism than the others as well. Rose and Noah are next. Noah has been really bad and Rose has been on and off, but more on than off.

The CBA is set up so that guys make more with more years in the league. For stars it becomes their time to get paid. That is something that was collectively bargained by the Players Union. There is a business side to this and Melo is getting paid what he should be for his years/status. The only thing I think a fan could take issues with is his no trade clause but that was negotiated into his contract and probably was a concession for him taking a little less in his deal.

Not disagreeing that there's a business side to it. Also not suggesting they should make less money. But when I look at any company I expect the CEO to produce a lot more bottom line value than a intern even if they come to work at the same building. It's not wrong to expect people who make the most money will have to provide the most impact. My issue with Melo is not that he makes 25MM, my issue is that he hasn't consistently produced at that top tier star level. All he does with any consistency is score, and to an extent rebound. His defense is unimpressive and mostly absent, he is averaging the lowest he has in assists and we don't even have stats for percentage of shot clock wasted per possession with the ball in his hands.

Now some troll will jump in this and point out Dolan not Melo is the CEO, stupid is as stupid does.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/14/2016  10:45 PM
Just watched the second half. What a tough game to lose. I thought Baker played really well but probably was in a minute too long. KP and O'Quinn were amazing. Is Baker the back up now at the point with Rose out? I thought he was solid. I wish a shot or two of his went down.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/15/2016  8:45 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:What is stupid is a $25MM a year player shooting 3-15 and 4-16. AND the legions of trolls that show up every time he has good shooting game don't comment at all on this no defense, low IQ chucker costing us games. Even people with the most brilliant screen names ever seem to be giving him a pass.
...or the legion of Melo-haters who never comment about him doing other things when his shot is off or when he hits clutch shots even when having a bad shooting night. Even people with the most revealing, ridiculous screen names will never give him credit for anything because they're blinded by their hatred of the guy. There are probably a lot of former Ewing-haters who wish to have an intervention with you to share how bad they feel about what they did in the 90s.

Oh come on you too?

I don't hate Melo, but it's no secret I don't like him. I don't like his style of play and his lack of maturity at this point in his career. This season I have criticized him for ball stopping and bad shooting. He has done both. He is our primary scorer. I expect him to shoulder that load, every game. I criticize him when he doesn't. I don't think that he needs adulation when he does. When you make 25MM, and barely do your job you are being inadequate. If Melo ever puts in a performance that qualifies as an over achieve,ment for someone in his paygrade you will see all the adulation you can handle. Till then, we won't really agree on our approach to Melo.

Now people here have put words in my mouth, that I have never said. I have never said this is KP'S team, or repeated that claim made by others. I root for the Knicks, not for Melo or KP. This team has definitely shown improvement this year. Rose has carved out a role that seems to be adequate, Jennings is playing well (needs to cut down on TOs), KOQ has been a revelation, Noah has been a major disappointment. KP has been as good as I can expect from a second year player. On the balance, I think this is a better team than we have had in a while. But Melo and Rose as the two top paid players need to do more and I honestly haven't seen that from them. Rose has definitely had some good games as had Melo, but the consistency is not there.

Team game is still not where it needs to be. Our flow looks good in some games, other games like yesterday it looks stagnant. And that's when the ball stopping and bad shooting hurts us the most. We are also playing horrible defense as a team.

you are going by how much money melo makes? lol even more of a hater than i thought. to put this in context in today's nba...BRADLEY BEAL makes Melo money.

He did have a bad game yesterday. Here's how key he is...when he has a bad game...Knicks rarely win. How about Rose KP KOQ or anyone else? When the other guys have a bad game and Melo has a good game, we typically win (at least this season)

Melo has been making this money for a long time before today's NBA context became real. And if Bradley Beal was on the Knicks and played selfish no defense basketball I would be equally critical of him.

I do think people should play up to the level they get paid at. Melo gets more than anyone on the team, so he deserves more criticism than the others as well. Rose and Noah are next. Noah has been really bad and Rose has been on and off, but more on than off.

when was the last time you praised Melo?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/15/2016  11:36 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Just watched the second half. What a tough game to lose. I thought Baker played really well but probably was in a minute too long. KP and O'Quinn were amazing. Is Baker the back up now at the point with Rose out? I thought he was solid. I wish a shot or two of his went down.

Missed most of the game.... what did you like about Baker and what can he improve?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/15/2016  11:38 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Oh come on you too?

when was the last time you praised Melo?

Guys? Does it matter? Can we get back to basketball instead of how many times you praise or criticize something? Thanks.

CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2016  11:54 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Just watched the second half. What a tough game to lose. I thought Baker played really well but probably was in a minute too long. KP and O'Quinn were amazing. Is Baker the back up now at the point with Rose out? I thought he was solid. I wish a shot or two of his went down.

Missed most of the game.... what did you like about Baker and what can he improve?

He was poised. The stage didn't seem too big for him. He handled the ball well and I thought his defense was good. He had a couple of shot that he just missed. He didn't have any drive killing moments and the team went on a 19-2? run while he was in.
martin
USA
12/15/2016  12:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:

He was poised. The stage didn't seem too big for him. He handled the ball well and I thought his defense was good. He had a couple of shot that he just missed. He didn't have any drive killing moments and the team went on a 19-2? run while he was in.

and I'm assuming much better than Sasha had been?

CrushAlot
USA
12/15/2016  12:07 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:

and I'm assuming much better than Sasha had been?

I think he was better than Sasha. Also, it was nice to see him get playing time. I do like how disruptive Sasha can be on defense but I think Baker has a future with the team.
KNICKS "BREAKING BAD" IN AZ TONIGHT 9:00pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy