[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KNICKS "BREAKING BAD" IN AZ TONIGHT 9:00pm
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

12/14/2016  12:02 AM
crzymdups wrote:Melo and Jennings and CLee didn't have much tonight. Rose going down was too much too overcome. Bench made a nice run but they were totally out of gas with about 3min left and then the starters came back and continued to have nothing.

Knicks should've run a much better play with 15 seconds left in regulation - they had the ball, tie game, last shot and Jennigns took way too long to set it up and KP had to rush a wing shot from 16ft. Terrible play - they gave away their best chance to win the game.

But, also, can't help but feel the Knicks were due to lose a close one. They had been 6-0 in those games.

Lee had a strong game first half..But he need flow to get his looks..Jennings is a decent passer but he doesn't provide flow..He dribbles too much then the next pass is a shot...

AUTOADVERT
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/14/2016  12:03 AM
Melo's inconsistency just drives me bonkers.

He's basically a jumpshooter, and I get that, but for the player who is supposed to be the #1 option, you just can't win at a high rate if he's having so many bad shooting nights. I get what Phil was saying about Melo being a good isolation player, but there just isn't a comparison to Kobe or Jordan. It happens too often. Melo with an off night.How many guys who lead their teams to a strong record or contention have as many bad shooting games as Melo does? Yes he has many great ones, but way too many bad ones in my book. We even practically won this game without him in the 4th, only for some silly mistakes by Baker and Jennings late.

Nice effort in the 4th, O'Quinn was a beast. Porzingis continues to be a marvel. Just can't see us becoming a 3rd seed or higher in the East if Melo continues his inconsistent shooting through a regular season. We need a top option that is more consistent. Unfortunately Melo would make a great #2 or 3. KP isn't ready to be a #1. Rose isn't ever going to be healthy to be a #1.

Perhaps I'm just reacting to a tough loss, but I really dislike how many occurances of poor shooting we get from him.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/14/2016  12:05 AM
Jeff was also too slow to change the lineup when the starters were sucking badly.
holfresh

12/14/2016  12:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2016  12:06 AM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:They have to upgrade N'Dour an Baker positions...I still don't get why folks like Jennings..Two critical consecutive possession he gave KOQ the ball at the elbow...KOQ had to make a difficult pass to Melo twice..Jennings has to get that to Melo where he needs it...

That's the Triangle offense, isn't it? KOQ is in the pinch post and he orchestrates a lot of the plays from there.

They can't put KOQ in that position because he is limited in what he can do from that spot at that point in the game...It's too critical..he can't dribble if Melo get locked up by Tucker...
holfresh

12/14/2016  12:07 AM
Good game tho..I like to see them compete..What can you say about KP..Great game...we still need bench help...
holfresh

12/14/2016  12:10 AM
We are going to need a better bench if we are thinking about playoffs...KOQ is playing so much better...Have to say I wasn't a believer and still can't say I am..But kudos to that guy tonight...
holfresh

12/14/2016  12:11 AM
Games are watchable and enjoyably, that's all I can ask...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Melo and Jennings and CLee didn't have much tonight. Rose going down was too much too overcome. Bench made a nice run but they were totally out of gas with about 3min left and then the starters came back and continued to have nothing.

Knicks should've run a much better play with 15 seconds left in regulation - they had the ball, tie game, last shot and Jennigns took way too long to set it up and KP had to rush a wing shot from 16ft. Terrible play - they gave away their best chance to win the game.

But, also, can't help but feel the Knicks were due to lose a close one. They had been 6-0 in those games.

Lee had a strong game first half..But he need flow to get his looks..Jennings is a decent passer but he doesn't provide flow..He dribbles too much then the next pass is a shot...

Yeah, I've said before I think CLee is a bellwether player for this offense. His not getting open looks means bad ball movement. If Phil had made his Melo comments after tonight's game, no one could argue.

Only other thing I'll add is that Kuz was +9 in 4min. Wish he'd gotten some fourth quarter run when everyone else was exhausted.

¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
KOQ changes the whole game. He's really that good.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
KP was great and it's too bad he couldn't finish the game.

They had to play Baker and get him acclimated to playing meaningful minutes cuz Rose is gonna need time to heal his back. We can't have only BJ at the PG spot.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/14/2016  12:12 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo's inconsistency just drives me bonkers.

He's basically a jumpshooter, and I get that, but for the player who is supposed to be the #1 option, you just can't win at a high rate if he's having so many bad shooting nights. I get what Phil was saying about Melo being a good isolation player, but there just isn't a comparison to Kobe or Jordan. It happens too often. Melo with an off night.How many guys who lead their teams to a strong record or contention have as many bad shooting games as Melo does? Yes he has many great ones, but way too many bad ones in my book. We even practically won this game without him in the 4th, only for some silly mistakes by Baker and Jennings late.

Nice effort in the 4th, O'Quinn was a beast. Porzingis continues to be a marvel. Just can't see us becoming a 3rd seed or higher in the East if Melo continues his inconsistent shooting through a regular season. We need a top option that is more consistent. Unfortunately Melo would make a great #2 or 3. KP isn't ready to be a #1. Rose isn't ever going to be healthy to be a #1.

Perhaps I'm just reacting to a tough loss, but I really dislike how many occurances of poor shooting we get from him.

Good post

Tucker played tough D but let's not confuse tucker w lebron or kwahi either. My bet is KP (ahead of schedule) becomes the #1 in second half of season and (hoping beyond reason) melo thrives as 2 as teams pay more attention to KP

(5)(5)
crzymdups
USA
12/14/2016  12:14 AM
¿ △ ?
holfresh

12/14/2016  12:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2016  12:17 AM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Yeah, I've said before I think CLee is a bellwether player for this offense. His not getting open looks means bad ball movement. If Phil had made his Melo comments after tonight's game, no one could argue.

Only other thing I'll add is that Kuz was +9 in 4min. Wish he'd gotten some fourth quarter run when everyone else was exhausted.

Kuz doesn't play when the opponents are quick...It was noticeable in the game against OKC when Grant was just blowing by him like he wasn't there on three consecutive plays..Horny gave him a quick hook after that...These kids are too quick for him to get a long burn...

crzymdups
USA
12/14/2016  12:17 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo's inconsistency just drives me bonkers.

The problem is KP doesn't know how to use his size in the post to get his shot. He gets muscled off his spot too often, so he's not a great one on one player. Most of his shots come off good ball movement from Melo and Jennings. It's on Melo to be a better ball mover when he's shooting so bad. We've seen him long enough to know he never gets calls inside. So he needs to move the ball. He did that well against the Lakers but not tonight.

Also that bench unit showed that sometimes a run can come from great D. Something we rarely see from the starters. We need to play better offense if it's the starters. The bench showed what Good D can look like - I would say that was the first prolonged defensive run all year they made in the 4th. Just ran out of gas.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis

12/14/2016  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2016  12:25 AM
I often wonder why our offense goes dry for stretches, and vs some powerhouses like Cleveland, Golden State and others not. I think it's inconsistency in what we get from Melo and also inconsitency in how we run the offense at times. We stall too much. This game was in the bag and we just stalled. Couldn't score. I don't know why exactly but the team plays well on offense but you get the feeling they're still not fully sure of what to be doing. I think that's normal considering it's still December, but I certainly wish that we ran more offense like we saw in the 4th Quarter, only with the starters. When Melo comes in, we don't run as much of a flow offense. I'm gonna keep harping on this until I see it really improve. The team still relies way too much on slowed down dump the ball to Melo offense. I don't blame just Melo, I think our point guards have to do a better job. I actually liked how Baker played (especially on defense). We need Jennings and Rose to be smarter with how they run the offense and limit how much they allow it to stall. Once our guys stall, it's too easy for opposing defenses to defend us. The Suns are one of the worst defensive teams and yet only Porzingis and Lee were able to get easy looks against them. The starters have to stall less and play with more flow. There's been improvement but still not where they should be. With 2 big factors I find it hard for the starters to improve much more. One, Melo isn't consistently effecient. He shoots 42 and 33 percent from his FG/3 point field goals. Way too low for a #1 option who the team relies heavily on. Second, I don't think Noah can be part of a great flowing offense so long as he can't be a scoring threat. Unfortunately I sense that pretty much soon we'll see this team's limit. They can't improve too much more with the limitations of Noah and Melo's shooting woes. I think we'll be a solid team this year, probably in the playoffs. Can't see more unless Phil makes some moves with trades. The team's starting 5 is not good enough on defense or offense to be elite. I wish we had prime Noah, atleast then he'd make us a defensive beast. Or prime Rose, then we'd have a #1. Or a prime KP 2 years into the future. As is, I think we're going to hit our ceiling pretty soon. Still, I am happy so long as we make the playoffs and KP keeps playing well. Getting back to the playoffs is a major step. Gotta get there.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/14/2016  12:19 AM
Hate to say it, but the offense was running much more smoothly with Anthony on the bench...one of Baker's turnovers came when he was trying to force the ball to Anthony on one of those high post gives. Much more movement and cutting- a different team out there...it was very obvious.

Surprised that Jennings was so ineffective as a scorer, though he did have the 5 assists. Losing Rose was a killer in this game.

We also had 5 more FTs with the same number made as the Suns...Noah only 2/6.

With all the poor play we still should have won.

So it goes.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

12/14/2016  12:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2016  12:28 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:I often wonder why our offense goes dry for stretches, and vs some powerhouses like Cleveland, Golden State and others not. I think it's inconsistency in what we get from Melo and also inconsitency in how we run the offense at times. We stall too much. This game was in the bag and we just stalled. Couldn't score. I don't know why exactly but the team plays well on offense but you get the feeling they're still not fully sure of what to be doing. I think that's normal considering it's still December, but I certainly wish that we ran more offense like we saw in the 4th Quarter, only with the starters. When Melo comes in, we don't run as much of a flow offense. I'm gonna keep harping on this until I see it really improve. The team still relies way too much on slowed down dump the ball to Melo offense. I don't blame just Melo, I think our point guards have to do a better job. I actually liked how Baker played (especially on defense). We need Jennings and Rose to be smarter with how they run the offense and limit how much they allow it to stall. Once our guys stall, it's too easy for opposing defenses to defend us. The Suns are one of the worst defensive teams and yet only Porzingis and Lee were able to get easy looks against them. The starters have to stall less and play with more flow. There's been improvement but still not where they should be. With 2 big factors I find it hard for the starters to improve much more. One, Melo isn't consistently effecient. He shoots 42 and 33 percent from his FG/3 point field goals. Way too low for a #1 option who the team relies heavily on. Second, I don't think Noah can be part of a great flowing offense so long as he can't be a scoring threat.

Jennings running the offense in Cleveland with Rose out...In the Cleveland we ran the offense thru Jennings not Melo...Watch that game again..Also, they are doubling Melo when they can..That's what you want so others like KP can get good looks...
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/14/2016  12:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/14/2016  12:29 AM
Knixkik wrote:KOQ changes the whole game. He's really that good.

His midrange shot has really improved...great off-season for him, and it shows.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis

12/14/2016  12:30 AM
Jennings running the offense in Cleveland with Rose out...In the Cleveland we ran the offense thru Jennings not Melo...Watch that game again..

I meant to say that our offense as a team tends to stall much more than contenders because in my opinion we don't have a superstar player who can get us through those situations. Lebron can do it, Curry or Durant. Harden is doing it in Houston. Melo does it sometimes, but not on a consistent enough basis to be stalling the offense to cater to his needs. We should run a more point guard friendly offense and more off the ball plays. We do that already, but still as a team tend to quickly get caught in the trap of playing stalled slower Melo friendly offense. If we want to make a run for the 3rd seed or something really high like that, we need to erase that. Melo should be getting the most shots, but within the creation of the offense or point guards finding him. Not through the offense stalling.

holfresh

12/14/2016  12:45 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:
Jennings running the offense in Cleveland with Rose out...In the Cleveland we ran the offense thru Jennings not Melo...Watch that game again..

I meant to say that our offense as a team tends to stall much more than contenders because in my opinion we don't have a superstar player who can get us through those situations. Lebron can do it, Curry or Durant. Harden is doing it in Houston. Melo does it sometimes, but not on a consistent enough basis to be stalling the offense to cater to his needs. We should run a more point guard friendly offense and more off the ball plays. We do that already, but still as a team tend to quickly get caught in the trap of playing stalled slower Melo friendly offense. If we want to make a run for the 3rd seed or something really high like that, we need to erase that. Melo should be getting the most shots, but within the creation of the offense or point guards finding him. Not through the offense stalling.

The offense we ran in Cleveland was thru Jennings and it was a point guard offense..Melo took 9 shot and was 5-9..Posters thought Melo was protesting Phil's comments but I thought it was Jennings offense..

KNICKS "BREAKING BAD" IN AZ TONIGHT 9:00pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy