[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gamethread: SacTown part II, 10:30pm
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

12/10/2016  1:19 AM
Needed two cups of coffee to stay up in this one. What a tough win. It was hard to watch at times because we were shooting ourselves in the foot with sloppy play on offense with our point guards/guards and also our same defensive mistakes repeating. KP was missing everything in the first half.

But great to get the win and be tied for the fourth best record in the East. I am surprised we are right there with Boston right now tied for 4th best record in the East. Keep it up.

On the game

Melo was fantastic. Plenty of talk about Phil Jackson comments but we saw immediately Phil's magic in the press. Melo came out with a reason and purpose. I was even counting to see if he was holding on to the ball long and he was not. He was quick and decisive especially in the first half. In the second half he and Jennings began to ball hog a bit and I did not like that I thought we slowed down and became predictable.

Jennings is like no other player. One moment you love him next you yell at his decision making. Overall though he's been a fantastic get for the Knicks. We definitely miss Rose in these last 2 games. Sasha at the point drives me to drinking, We got to get Rose back and we need to develop a point guard in the D league who we can rely on to come up and run some offense for us. Sasha is just awful at point guard. He's a shooting guard.

KP had two different halves. First was awful. Don't know why he's off balance on his jumper and hesitating. Looks a little injured to me. He came down on someone's foot I saw him hurt his ankle. He looks less than 100 percent physically. Yet, in the second half he played very good. Both on offense he made some good shots and on defense he made some big plays. In what I'd call a pretty ordinary game he finished with 17 points and 10 boards. I'm really liking his recognition of the open man. He's often looking to do some drive and kicks. You don't want him to have tunnel vision and he's developing a feel for passing now. I really want him to correct his jumpshot. Not squaring his shoulders and not balanced. Come on KP.

Noah with HUGE free throws. Say what you want about Noah, his competitive fire is a joy to watch. He clearly lifts his team with that fire.

Good win. Hornachek continues to impress me as a coach. Knows when to make some important changes to handle the game. He's using Lance Thomas very well. I think he coaches a much more similar style to that of Phil Jackson than Fisher ever did.

We need to get the teams that are not doing well in this road stretch. Kings were actually one of the better teams. Lakers are injured and not playing well. Denver isn't playing great either. Hopefully we can get a few more wins on this trip.

AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/10/2016  3:42 AM
KP4Life wrote:I hope KP posterizes that emotional lesbian

Why bother with this kind of comment?

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/10/2016  3:44 AM
Remember when people used to say we were better without D-Rose? I'm glad we got the win, but it's made me a bit more nervous about the outcome of the next few games.
sidneydeane
Member: #6384

12/10/2016  4:17 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:The refs practically gift wrapped this game and the Kings still blow it

I know right?! They got every call it was ridiculous. Thankfully we have melo. Im liking what im seeing from LT lately. I hope he can keep building and be that reliable glue guy.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/10/2016  10:45 AM
smackeddog wrote:Remember when people used to say we were better without D-Rose? I'm glad we got the win, but it's made me a bit more nervous about the outcome of the next few games.

I think it's easy to just take for granted how Rose impacts the rest of the team until he's not there and then you can clearly see what Rose brings to the team. No he's not a CP3 Pure PG, but as I pointed out numerous times in the summer, Rose is an elite penetrator into the lane and the threat of him doing that changes the way teams defend us. Rose actually opens up the floor and creates more early baskets.

For what it’s worth, the Knicks are 4.8 points per 100 possessions better with Rose on the floor than without him.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/11/14/new-york-knicks-phil-jackson-explains-the-derrick-rose-trade/
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/10/2016  12:14 PM
I didn't see the game how long did Melo generally hold the ball? I can almost guarantee he was making quicker decisions.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/10/2016  12:39 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nychamp
Member: #2556

12/10/2016  7:43 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Love it.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/11/2016  8:45 AM
Vmart wrote:I didn't see the game how long did Melo generally hold the ball? I can almost guarantee he was making quicker decisions.

First half he was very decisive. Second half more like typical Melo. But there had been a change before this game. Ever since that game I believe against OKC where Melo just went ISO heavy on us, he has been moving the ball or making a quicker decision to shoot the ball.

Gamethread: SacTown part II, 10:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy