[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Rose Effect P&T Breakdown
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/8/2016  10:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  10:48 PM
This is a nice break down on rose..

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2016/12/8/13829924/are-derrick-rose-s-drives-to-the-basket-helping-the-knicks-offense

some of the key points i have been saying, and some of you as well

Why our FTA are so low, and while this points out rose, our entire roster is soft, and avoids contact..
https://streamable.com/t1vz?t=3.958341

As you can see, Rose drives hard at the basket, but pulls up when he sees Kanter and attempts to lay it in from the right side of the rim. Had he continued on his path to the left side of the basket, there’s an easy argument to be made that Kanter would have hit him and Rose would have had either 2 free throws or an and-one. There is some contact between Kanter and Rose here even with Rose’s change of route, so this looks like the type of play that Rose would argue should have been called. However, if Rose wants to get calls he feels he deserves, he needs to welcome contact, not shy away from it. Nonetheless, Rose’s lackluster free throw rate is a single negative mark on what has been an otherwise pretty impressive early season with respect to scoring on drives.

Wasn't his knee injuries all non contact injuries...smh, his awkward landings are scary sometimes, all to avoid serious contact, Im sure it's definitely related to his back spasms.. twisting up your body to avoid contact is a sure way to pull something to far

last season

Rose does tend to get tunnel vision when attacking the rim, however, which is not good for a player who has struggled to finish around the rim with any consistency. Rose passes out of his drives only 23.3% of the time - a figure that, if it holds up, will not be good enough to generate quality offense for the rest of the team.

This year, Rose only passes the rock on 28.6% of his drives; among the same sample of players that we used above, that’s the 5th lowest figure (Kyrie Irving and Damian Lillard are the only two point guards with a lower pass % off dribble drives). Obviously, based on his previous numbers, this is already an improvement; unfortunately, there’s still plenty of work to be done. Rose can clearly generate offense for himself, but more passes out of the paint should be beneficial for the rest of the team.

Another factor why we dont shoot a lot of FT's

https://streamable.com/8d5e?t=0.746087

There were some extremely visible gaffes multiple times per game early in the season, when Rose was blatantly missing open shooters more often than not in favor of getting his own looks (seriously, there’s nobody within 15 feet of KP on this play).

But if he passes to KP and he misses the open 3, there would be nobody there for the long rebound but Labron and he's off and running.

Rose attacking the basket can bring a multitude of things, a foul, a and1, an offensive put back to name a few, but even on that drive he doesn't go hard to the rim like a AI or Marbury, he's more finesse.

ES
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/9/2016  7:48 AM
I read this article and it's right on the money. We don't have anyone that knows how to draw fouls nor is willing to draw fouls. It's a skill as Harden demonstrates every night.

Still I think Rose gives this team a much needed skill in terms of driving and putting a defense on its heels. We simply must have that dynamic to the offense. Especially with the starters. I was pro Rose trade because of his ability to drive and give this team a disruptive quick player to breakdown defenses and open up the floor for others.

knicks1248
12/9/2016  8:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2016  8:35 AM
nixluva wrote:I read this article and it's right on the money. We don't have anyone that knows how to draw fouls nor is willing to draw fouls. It's a skill as Harden demonstrates every night.

Still I think Rose gives this team a much needed skill in terms of driving and putting a defense on its heels. We simply must have that dynamic to the offense. Especially with the starters. I was pro Rose trade because of his ability to drive and give this team a disruptive quick player to breakdown defenses and open up the floor for others.

If both him and melo was a tad bit smarter, this team is top 5. they both have the ability to play at a high IQ level, they just don't do it consistently. It's almost possession to possession.

One minute your "what brilliant move/play" by Melo/Jennings/rose, 2 possessions later your like " DUDE...WTF are you doing..

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/9/2016  8:55 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:I read this article and it's right on the money. We don't have anyone that knows how to draw fouls nor is willing to draw fouls. It's a skill as Harden demonstrates every night.

If both him and melo was a tad bit smarter, this team is top 5. they both have the ability to play at a high IQ level, they just don't do it consistently. It's almost possession to possession.

One minute your "what brilliant move/play" by Melo/Jennings/rose, 2 possessions later your like " DUDE...WTF are you doing..

I think a lot of this is just time together and not smarts. Its early and a new team and they cant afford turn overs. Being focused on taking care of the ball has hurt their ball movement, but its a reasonable expectation that improves with time.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2016  9:36 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

totally agree

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/9/2016  10:13 AM
Very interesting. Jennings approach to the game and Rose's has been night and day. Jennings looking to pass, Rose looking to score. Rose is getting better, his shot is looking better. Still, if Rose doesn't start looking for KP more, he shouldn't be brought back.

Right now Id rather see Jennings get the starting job, but the season still has a long way to go. Brought up this problem in preseason, doesn't look like its gotten much better.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2016  10:43 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Very interesting. Jennings approach to the game and Rose's has been night and day. Jennings looking to pass, Rose looking to score. Rose is getting better, his shot is looking better. Still, if Rose doesn't start looking for KP more, he shouldn't be brought back.

Right now Id rather see Jennings get the starting job, but the season still has a long way to go. Brought up this problem in preseason, doesn't look like its gotten much better.

That's a hard line to take especially in regards to the salary cap and available replacements, etc.

I love Jennings but for me he is a superb guy off the bench who can get extra minutes in a 2-PG lineup.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/9/2016  11:43 AM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Very interesting. Jennings approach to the game and Rose's has been night and day. Jennings looking to pass, Rose looking to score. Rose is getting better, his shot is looking better. Still, if Rose doesn't start looking for KP more, he shouldn't be brought back.

That's a hard line to take especially in regards to the salary cap and available replacements, etc.

I love Jennings but for me he is a superb guy off the bench who can get extra minutes in a 2-PG lineup.

We have a budding franchise player/superstar in KP, the last thing we need IMO is a starting PG on a long term deal (with Rose's medical history as well) who isnt looking to pass to him. Doubt KP will consider that as falling into the plus column when its time to re-up.

knicks1248
12/9/2016  12:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

We have a budding franchise player/superstar in KP, the last thing we need IMO is a starting PG on a long term deal (with Rose's medical history as well) who isnt looking to pass to him. Doubt KP will consider that as falling into the plus column when its time to re-up.

it's not that he isn't willing to pass to him, I just think he is a used to playing a certain way, with certain players. rose has never really played with options he has now, so the scoring mentality is still there

ES
The Rose Effect P&T Breakdown

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy