[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we can't beat the Cavs why aren't we tanking?
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/9/2016  4:13 PM
I don't like tanking but I can see the appeal. Spurs lucked out with this but then you have teams like Boston and philly with the opposite effect.

I would rather not tank. I always tell my kids that it's not the destination that matters..it's the journey that they will remember.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/12/2016  9:35 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I don't like tanking but I can see the appeal. Spurs lucked out with this but then you have teams like Boston and philly with the opposite effect.

I would rather not tank. I always tell my kids that it's not the destination that matters..it's the journey that they will remember.

+1 Good lesson for the kids. Tanking for lottery picks is akin to agreeing with your kid that he should just forget about studying Algebra or history because he'll never use them in real life... to continue on a journey takes discipline. Constantly looking for short cuts by quitting is a poor excuse for a worldview.

And btw, not too pile on the rabbit, but how's Minnesota doing with all those fabulous first rounders?

The lottery is a nice dream, but if you spend your life dreaming, you will more than likely end up very poor.

Holeee sheeehit! Welcome to the jrodmc cliche festival...

I've been listening to Sixer fans for over 5 years now, talking about this one and that one and "just you wait..." It is pretty pathetic at this point. I have to throw them a bone every once in awhile like... yeah... too bad MCW didn't work out, and man, Nerlens looked like the real deal and that's a ****ty break with Simmons...and..

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/12/2016  10:46 AM

Cav's are really really good. ONe might say GSW one their first chip because Love was out, and Kyrie went down the first game.
Last year, Cav's won.
Cav's are really really good.
Things happen, players get hurt. Maybe us. Maybe Lebron, Love or Kyrie. In the east, its pretty much wide open after them.
I don't put the knicks anywhere near GSW or SAS either, but you know if this team goes two rounds, or lose in East Conf. Finals, that would be a huge bit of progress.

I like championships, but to earn them you build upon successes, not tanks.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/12/2016  12:29 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cav's are really really good. ONe might say GSW one their first chip because Love was out, and Kyrie went down the first game.
Last year, Cav's won.
Cav's are really really good.
Things happen, players get hurt. Maybe us. Maybe Lebron, Love or Kyrie. In the east, its pretty much wide open after them.
I don't put the knicks anywhere near GSW or SAS either, but you know if this team goes two rounds, or lose in East Conf. Finals, that would be a huge bit of progress.

I like championships, but to earn them you build upon successes, not tanks.

At some point you have to worry about building a winning team and there are MANY ways to do that. The team is full of young players that have upside and are still developing. That's pretty much what you do with the draft. You don't always get a Lebron who can guarantee you trips to the Finals, just cuz you're in the draft every year. That's not how it works.

We have to be so grateful that we did end up with a talent as great as KP. That Phil and his team found talent like Willy and Kuz. That they had the sense to add Holiday in the deal. etc. We can win and also continue to develop this team for the future. We don't have to worry about the being able to beat the Cavs unless we make it to the playoffs and face them. People can't get too crazy about the 2 blowouts with the Cavs. I think that was a bit of a fluke each time. The Knicks should be more competitive down the line when they meet again.

If we can't beat the Cavs why aren't we tanking?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy