[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we can't beat the Cavs why aren't we tanking?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2016  11:04 AM
fishmike wrote:if you cant getting laid, why arent you cutting your dick off?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/8/2016  11:16 AM
EnySpree wrote:

sheesh--I just got phantom pains in my Gallo

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/8/2016  12:12 PM
I think it's a fair, thought provoking question.

I think the answer is our FO feels as though they have the pieces to start building the team that can beat LeBron.

We lost last night, and it was a poor showing- not because we don't have the talent, but because they were tired and short handed.

We've always management to play Lebron tight.

Also, the snarky answer is if the Sixers beat Lebron, does that mean they should stop taking & start planning for a parade?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

12/8/2016  12:51 PM
We just sucked last night. It is clear that the Cavs defense is set up to prevent penetration and the 3pt line. They were giving up the mid range all night long. We just didn't have the game plan and energy to compete. This doesn't mean we suck and I am not going to over react to this game. Seeing the Cavs act the fool on the bench should be motivation to mark the next game on the calander.

GSW has the same juvenile celebrations and it's the same message. If you wsnt to shut us up, then beat us. We haven't earned it yet, but this team has only been together 20 games and played w/o our starting pg on a back2back. This team isn't done yet. It just reafirms that we can't be complacent if we want to be an upper echelon team. Oh, and Phil really needs to just STFU already. Every time he opens his mouth it's contravertial.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/8/2016  1:21 PM
Were in a weak east. Maybe we can avoid playing the Cavs and then you never know about injury. If we were 4-17 then this would not be a subject but were 12-10 and we are a team that should reasonably qualify for playoffs. Then you say is ppsition 12 much different than position 19 and the answer is usually not so much. I'd like to make the playoffs the goal is sports is to win
RIP Crushalot😞
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
12/8/2016  2:51 PM

This is funny and also a very good analogy when it comes to this topic. It's spot on, in fact.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

12/8/2016  5:16 PM
Knixkik wrote:

This is funny and also a very good analogy when it comes to this topic. It's spot on, in fact.

Imagine if Jordan and the Bulls said "You know what? That Pistons tram is too tough, let's tank." Talent is one part of the equation. You also need team experience and chemistry
It also helps when the top team gets old. Yeah, we MIGHT get a top talent if we tank. I also believe getting KP playoff experiences at this point of his career will pay dividends for years to come.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/8/2016  5:21 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I guess "Castration" was too big a word?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/8/2016  5:36 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Yeah most hilarious post of the season!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/8/2016  5:45 PM
Boy...we were feeling much better around here following that Miami game...

Have to look at the big picture- We were coming off a game on Tuesday while Cavs had last played on Monday, and the Heat game was tougher for us than we had hoped it would be. We were also missing a key player on our team, and a guy who can do things on offense when the rest of the team is having problems.

I think yesterday was a game where the Triangle- if run well, might have helped us out on offense. I just don't see a coordinated effort out there at times, and there are too many instances where we stand around.

KP looks tired- my own feeling is that he tries to do too much, especially when he gets too involved in watching the interior and not concentrating on his man. His first instinct is to help out down low and block shots, and this puts him into situations where he has to run out too much to reach his man who is taking a 3. By the same token, on offense he is looking too much like a small forward at times, and I feel he wastes a lot of energy trying to get free (He gets missed a lot by teammates when he is doing this, by the way.). I think you can see the fatigue when you see how flat his J is. He has to learn how to regulate his energy use.

I would not go crazy over one loss like this, just like I would not go crazy over a good win, either. Seems to me that we're a competitive team, despite yesterday. Guys just have to stay healthy, and we should be able to compete with and beat most of the teams in the East.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/8/2016  6:38 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I guess "Castration" was too big a word?

The Nalod don't need to be jealous. You might have lost the crowd at "phuquing" as well.

fishmike is just living up to his sig line.
It's all timing and delivery my man.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/8/2016  7:21 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Boy...we were feeling much better around here following that Miami game...

Have to look at the big picture- We were coming off a game on Tuesday while Cavs had last played on Monday, and the Heat game was tougher for us than we had hoped it would be. We were also missing a key player on our team, and a guy who can do things on offense when the rest of the team is having problems.

I think yesterday was a game where the Triangle- if run well, might have helped us out on offense. I just don't see a coordinated effort out there at times, and there are too many instances where we stand around.

KP looks tired- my own feeling is that he tries to do too much, especially when he gets too involved in watching the interior and not concentrating on his man. His first instinct is to help out down low and block shots, and this puts him into situations where he has to run out too much to reach his man who is taking a 3. By the same token, on offense he is looking too much like a small forward at times, and I feel he wastes a lot of energy trying to get free (He gets missed a lot by teammates when he is doing this, by the way.). I think you can see the fatigue when you see how flat his J is. He has to learn how to regulate his energy use.

I would not go crazy over one loss like this, just like I would not go crazy over a good win, either. Seems to me that we're a competitive team, despite yesterday. Guys just have to stay healthy, and we should be able to compete with and beat most of the teams in the East.

I agree with you about the big picture. This is just one game and it was kind of setup for the Cavs to ambush the Knicks. I disagree a bit about the use of more Triangle. I think that against the defense of the Cavs that you only make things easier for them if you run 3 PASS sets as you would in the Triangle. The Cavs simply pressure and disrupt the passing angles and you spend too much time trying to make entry passes only to get them tipped and stolen. That's playing right into their hands.

IMO you have to have a PG like Rose that can breakdown a defense and force the Cavs to scramble. You need to run a spread offense and make them defend a HUGE amount of space rather than a smaller space as you have in the Triangle. In fact i'd start my Drag Screens WAY above the 3pt line and force their defenders to have to come further out which will create more space and force them to cover much more ground. That to me is how the Knicks should be playing the Cavs.

dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

12/8/2016  8:37 PM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ridiculous, should we have tanked in the 90s because we couldn't beat the bulls? Fed up of this lower mentality where people are obsessed with tanking and think losing is better than making the playoffs - what happened to pride and competing

My sentiments exactly

that says it all

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/9/2016  8:20 AM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Boy...we were feeling much better around here following that Miami game...

I agree with you about the big picture. This is just one game and it was kind of setup for the Cavs to ambush the Knicks. I disagree a bit about the use of more Triangle. I think that against the defense of the Cavs that you only make things easier for them if you run 3 PASS sets as you would in the Triangle. The Cavs simply pressure and disrupt the passing angles and you spend too much time trying to make entry passes only to get them tipped and stolen. That's playing right into their hands.

IMO you have to have a PG like Rose that can breakdown a defense and force the Cavs to scramble. You need to run a spread offense and make them defend a HUGE amount of space rather than a smaller space as you have in the Triangle. In fact i'd start my Drag Screens WAY above the 3pt line and force their defenders to have to come further out which will create more space and force them to cover much more ground. That to me is how the Knicks should be playing the Cavs.

All that and maybe get the refs out of LeQ's posse... we get no calls, absolutely none.

A nixluva post nixing the Triangle. Just shows how far we've come as a fan board.

Knixkik
USA
12/9/2016  1:45 PM
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:Maybe tanking and hitting the reset button are being confused, I think that maybe taking a step down for a year or two after this one is good in the long run. Just think about it, do we believe it is worthwhile gathering some talent in the draft and trades to set for a future with Kristaps? Or do we believe we just need to keep battling on with the squad we have. My fear is that Kristaps ends up possibly deserted, we have to be careful that we don't become the Pelicans with Davis trying to carry a team, or in this case Kristaps. I think however struggling into the playoffs for a few seasons may be slightly less meaningful than building a contender in two years. Don't completely blow things up and take this season as it comes for my mind, then maybe start to move forward with Kristaps in the future. I understand the risk and difficulty in retooling in the draft, but that's the risk you havr to take.

i think the team needed to be bad this year to get one more top 5 talent to grow with porzingis

Yeah, because the only way to get franchise changing talent is to tank and get in the lottery, right. Look at the KP draft again:

Towns
Russell
Okafor
KP
Hezonja
Cauley-Stein
Mudiay
Johnson
Kaminsky
Winslow
Turner
Lyles
Booker
Payne

How many of those guys are franchise changing players? So tank another season to get in the lottery for a chance of getting a player with no guarantee that they'll turn the franchise around? Think about, if we were one spot lower who would we have ended up with? Philly is the kings of tanking and where has it gotten them? How many seasons did they have to tank to maybe get franchise changing players in Embiid and Simmons. People love looking at the one or two examples where tanking paid off, how about the multitude of times when it only ended up resulting in being a bad team.

Since Sacramento drafted Cousins, they probably thought they just needed 1 more top 5 talent to add to him, right? Since that pick they have had a lottery pick every year, and they drafted Jimmer Fredette, Thomas Robinson, Ben McLemore, Nik Stauscus, Willy Cauley-Stein, and G Papagiannis. They are probably the most extreme example, but there are other teams who have whiffed on most lottery picks as well. We act like anytime we have a lottery pick, we will land a future star to put next to Porzingis. Sacramento has been looking for a future star, and have yet to even land a quality rotation player since Cousins.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/9/2016  2:26 PM
KP4Life wrote:Is it really that much better to have a winning culture? I don't think Melo even wants to create a winning culture for years and years until we win a championship. He doesn't even have enough time.

Sorry, think you are looking for the Philadelphia 76ers board. How is that working for them?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

12/9/2016  2:30 PM
Nalod wrote:Warriors build their team without high lotto picks. Curry went 7th, and few thought he'd be this good.
Took them a few years of their cultural revolution to get elite.

If I can't phuch a supermodel, why don't I just castrate myself?
If I can't drive a Ferrari, why have a drivers license?

Trevor Booker is one of those good picks you can make, and it would be magnified if he was on a better team.
currently, KP and Rose are building blocks and Melo is a rather excellent role player.
Cav's are the champs. They defeated the Warriors, a team that won a record amount of games!!! Even Jordan never faced a juggernut opponent like them!!!
Kyrie is amazing and Love is back to being Love. Knicks got Slapped around last nite. Phils comments about Melo or Lebron had nothing to do with it.
Lebron always wants to destroy in MSG and national TV. Melo wants to succeed as well.

Lol. Good points. Starting a new thread. If we cant beat Golden State we should leave the league.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/9/2016  3:25 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
KP4Life wrote:Is it really that much better to have a winning culture? I don't think Melo even wants to create a winning culture for years and years until we win a championship. He doesn't even have enough time.

Sorry, think you are looking for the Philadelphia 76ers board. How is that working for them?

I loved following this team in the 90s- it was a rollercoaster and a heart breaker, but it never felt like a waste of time even though we didn't get a championship

Knixkik
USA
12/9/2016  3:31 PM
smackeddog wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I loved following this team in the 90s- it was a rollercoaster and a heart breaker, but it never felt like a waste of time even though we didn't get a championship

Exactly, i would rather be a good team who gives ourselves a chance each season than a team always focused on just the future and trying to hit the lotto each season.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/9/2016  3:40 PM
jrodmc wrote:
nixluva wrote:

All that and maybe get the refs out of LeQ's posse... we get no calls, absolutely none.

A nixluva post nixing the Triangle. Just shows how far we've come as a fan board.

They can keep some aspects of the Triangle which is perfectly fine, but I think they've given up on some things that were working. Like Down Screens for KP so he can get more open Catch and Shoot looks. Jeff has made some adjustments in favor of how Rose plays best. I don't think they've perfected those adjustments yet. There should be more of a use of the 2 man game with Rose and KP. IMO let Melo roam and be more of a catch and shoot guy. I understand why they use more Triangle with the Starters, but I think they should feature some different aspects of it rather than the same basic and predictable things.

I don't see why they can't mix in some 1-4 UCLA Cut stuff that Jeff used in the past.

Or plays like this:

If we can't beat the Cavs why aren't we tanking?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy