[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If we can't beat the Cavs why aren't we tanking?
Author Thread
KP4Life
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6117
USA
12/7/2016  11:55 PM
Is it really that much better to have a winning culture? I don't think Melo even wants to create a winning culture for years and years until we win a championship. He doesn't even have enough time.
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
12/8/2016  12:02 AM
KP4Life wrote:Is it really that much better to have a winning culture? I don't think Melo even wants to create a winning culture for years and years until we win a championship. He doesn't even have enough time.

You sound like your pretty tanked up there yourself buddy, let me see some ID

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/8/2016  12:05 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
KP4Life wrote:Is it really that much better to have a winning culture? I don't think Melo even wants to create a winning culture for years and years until we win a championship. He doesn't even have enough time.

You sound like your pretty tanked up there yourself buddy, let me see some ID

agree

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/8/2016  12:09 AM

There's no better alternative for this team. Tanking sounds great but really it's hard to know who you're going to get. More often than not you don't get that player who can pretty much guarantee a trip to the finals.

Lebron has been that player and he's a once in a generation player. This Knicks team already got lucky in the draft with KP!! How about we see how he develops this year playing meaningful games and hopefully a couple of playoff series.

sidneydeane
Member: #6384

12/8/2016  2:28 AM
Nobody in tge east is beating cleveland really, should they all tank?
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/8/2016  2:47 AM
Ridiculous, should we have tanked in the 90s because we couldn't beat the bulls? Fed up of this lower mentality where people are obsessed with tanking and think losing is better than making the playoffs - what happened to pride and competing
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/8/2016  3:44 AM
Because in order to beat Cle we first put together a team, then they have to come together as a group and make the playoffs and maybe win the first round , then they make it to the ECF and then they make it to the finals, and only then and that still is a maybe they win. That doesn't happen over a year or even 2 years as a rule. So far we are on the right track.
Tanking on the other hand only gets you back to square 1 and you still have to go though the rest of the steps, which is what we are doing already
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Knicks67
Member: #6370

12/8/2016  5:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  5:44 AM
Maybe tanking and hitting the reset button are being confused, I think that maybe taking a step down for a year or two after this one is good in the long run. Just think about it, do we believe it is worthwhile gathering some talent in the draft and trades to set for a future with Kristaps? Or do we believe we just need to keep battling on with the squad we have. My fear is that Kristaps ends up possibly deserted, we have to be careful that we don't become the Pelicans with Davis trying to carry a team, or in this case Kristaps. I think however struggling into the playoffs for a few seasons may be slightly less meaningful than building a contender in two years. Don't completely blow things up and take this season as it comes for my mind, then maybe start to move forward with Kristaps in the future. I understand the risk and difficulty in retooling in the draft, but that's the risk you havr to take.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2016  6:04 AM
smackeddog wrote:Ridiculous, should we have tanked in the 90s because we couldn't beat the bulls? Fed up of this lower mentality where people are obsessed with tanking and think losing is better than making the playoffs - what happened to pride and competing

My sentiments exactly

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/8/2016  6:32 AM
Knicks67 wrote:Maybe tanking and hitting the reset button are being confused, I think that maybe taking a step down for a year or two after this one is good in the long run. Just think about it, do we believe it is worthwhile gathering some talent in the draft and trades to set for a future with Kristaps? Or do we believe we just need to keep battling on with the squad we have. My fear is that Kristaps ends up possibly deserted, we have to be careful that we don't become the Pelicans with Davis trying to carry a team, or in this case Kristaps. I think however struggling into the playoffs for a few seasons may be slightly less meaningful than building a contender in two years. Don't completely blow things up and take this season as it comes for my mind, then maybe start to move forward with Kristaps in the future. I understand the risk and difficulty in retooling in the draft, but that's the risk you havr to take.

i think the team needed to be bad this year to get one more top 5 talent to grow with porzingis

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/8/2016  8:13 AM
Knicks could be 15-10 by the golden state game if they bounce back correctly. Simma down nah!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/8/2016  8:30 AM
This is a ridiculous topic. It's essentially saying 28 teams should tank every year.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/8/2016  8:47 AM
We shouldn't tank. One injury to LeBron and the Cavs wheels come off. Opening the door for another team.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/8/2016  9:28 AM
Why don't we trade KP, since we can't beat the Cavs?

Why don't we fold the franchise until Bron retires?

Why don't we fuhuck off everything and just become Spurs Warriors Cavs fans?

Unreal.

Welpee
Member: #6239

12/8/2016  9:36 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
Knicks67 wrote:Maybe tanking and hitting the reset button are being confused, I think that maybe taking a step down for a year or two after this one is good in the long run. Just think about it, do we believe it is worthwhile gathering some talent in the draft and trades to set for a future with Kristaps? Or do we believe we just need to keep battling on with the squad we have. My fear is that Kristaps ends up possibly deserted, we have to be careful that we don't become the Pelicans with Davis trying to carry a team, or in this case Kristaps. I think however struggling into the playoffs for a few seasons may be slightly less meaningful than building a contender in two years. Don't completely blow things up and take this season as it comes for my mind, then maybe start to move forward with Kristaps in the future. I understand the risk and difficulty in retooling in the draft, but that's the risk you havr to take.

i think the team needed to be bad this year to get one more top 5 talent to grow with porzingis

Yeah, because the only way to get franchise changing talent is to tank and get in the lottery, right. Look at the KP draft again:

Towns
Russell
Okafor
KP
Hezonja
Cauley-Stein
Mudiay
Johnson
Kaminsky
Winslow
Turner
Lyles
Booker
Payne

How many of those guys are franchise changing players? So tank another season to get in the lottery for a chance of getting a player with no guarantee that they'll turn the franchise around? Think about, if we were one spot lower who would we have ended up with? Philly is the kings of tanking and where has it gotten them? How many seasons did they have to tank to maybe get franchise changing players in Embiid and Simmons. People love looking at the one or two examples where tanking paid off, how about the multitude of times when it only ended up resulting in being a bad team.

Knixkik
USA
12/8/2016  9:56 AM
Vmart wrote:We shouldn't tank. One injury to LeBron and the Cavs wheels come off. Opening the door for another team.

This is a true statement. Winning a title takes a lot of luck as well. Sometimes injuries and other things happen and it opens everything up.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

12/8/2016  10:30 AM
EnySpree wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Ridiculous, should we have tanked in the 90s because we couldn't beat the bulls? Fed up of this lower mentality where people are obsessed with tanking and think losing is better than making the playoffs - what happened to pride and competing

My sentiments exactly

+2 - Not competing has made the league less compelling for sure. Pride is a rare commodity these days.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/8/2016  10:46 AM
Warriors build their team without high lotto picks. Curry went 7th, and few thought he'd be this good.
Took them a few years of their cultural revolution to get elite.

If I can't phuch a supermodel, why don't I just castrate myself?
If I can't drive a Ferrari, why have a drivers license?

Trevor Booker is one of those good picks you can make, and it would be magnified if he was on a better team.
currently, KP and Rose are building blocks and Melo is a rather excellent role player.
Cav's are the champs. They defeated the Warriors, a team that won a record amount of games!!! Even Jordan never faced a juggernut opponent like them!!!
Kyrie is amazing and Love is back to being Love. Knicks got Slapped around last nite. Phils comments about Melo or Lebron had nothing to do with it.
Lebron always wants to destroy in MSG and national TV. Melo wants to succeed as well.

Knixkik
USA
12/8/2016  10:50 AM
SwishAndDish13 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

My sentiments exactly

+2 - Not competing has made the league less compelling for sure. Pride is a rare commodity these days.

+100.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/8/2016  10:57 AM
if you cant getting laid, why arent you cutting your dick off?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
If we can't beat the Cavs why aren't we tanking?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy