Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
12/9/2016  3:41 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
holfresh wrote:

No one is telling Melo to let go of his E just let go of the ball.

AUTOADVERT
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

12/9/2016  4:02 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:The Knicks were down 20 at some point in the game and Melo was laughing with Lebron about something.

I like Melo but he simply isn't leadership material. He's a great one on one scorer and Phil is absolutely right, Melo is best for this team when he is decisive and quick to make his moves instead of holding onto the ball for too long.

NY media is full of horse crap. They pile on Phil any time they can they love Melo. Yet not a word when Phil makes decisions that go well like hiring Hornachek, drafting KP, Hernangomez, making the Rose and Holiday for Grant and Lopez trade. They are like vultures just waiting for something to write stir the pot stories about. I don't care Knicks are 6th 12-10 and playing decent basketball while still having considerable room to grow this year. Phil has done a really good job.

We are both competitive now while also building a future with KP. New York media have no clue what it takes to win a championship. Jackson does. What he said about Melo was spot on. He knows the game and when Melo moves the ball or takes his shots quicker our flow and offense is much better.

For a guy that knows basketball so much, you would wonder why Phil would try to turn a post up player to a catch and shoot only player? Yes, Melo holds the ball in the post. Have you seen any post players that dont. BK, Ewing, for Knick reference. You have to evaluate the defense before making a move. Plus on instant double teams, he has done a good job kicking out. Think the point is, Phil has never liked Melo as his main guy. Which is fine. But as GM, you keep your mouth shut and feelings asside in public eyes. You do so so not to hurt a team. Specially one that is winning and starting to gel. Van Gundy made a great point the other day. Why do you call out the guy that lead the team in assists last year and why dont you ever call out KP who has half the amount of assists this year? Why dont you call out the center he paid dearly for and who has done nothing? Why dont you call out the entire defense for multiple lapses in losses?

Is he? or is it more of a quicker decision Melo, OlympicMelo and DadMelo.

"2 Seconds or less" That is not who Melo is or any other post up player. And Olympic Melo is not a good example, as we do not have the roster an Olympic team has. And Dad Melo he was, until we put reliable point guards on the roster to help with assists. Remember, this is the same guy that critisized the Warriors for not playing basketball, "The right way" And one that seems pretty defensive to any criticsm of the Triangle or his abilitiies as a GM. I have no problems with Melo posting up down low, overseeing the defense and doing what he has done as an All Star since he got in the league. Which is take advantage of one on one defensive player that can not stop him. Does he take bad shots, absolutely. Does everyone? Absolutely. Seems like there is a double standard. Went to several games and people cheer a 7'3 guy shooting a three from 4 feet behind the line and bricking. They cheer when on PnR KP pops out to three point line instead of to the hoop for a dunk. Point is, that is KP's game, right now. Dont see anyone trying to out him in the media. Specially not uncle Phil. And again, why would a GM call out one player or, for that matter, any of his players in the media. Not a fan of that tactic.

did he? Have you watched the interview?

Maybe "call out" a bit strong. Critique, emphasize weaknesses? And Yes I did. Think he has been consistent with Melo. Maybe its trying to push him but seems to be quick to put emphasis on what he can do better and not what he has done well. Correct me if I am wrong, did he ever comment on how well he passed last year? Helped KP? Btw. A point that resignated with me is when the interviewer suggested Melo was making things easier for him, Phil quickly cut her off and said "No he is a Unicorn" Seemed to bother him that someone else would be credited for KP's play insted of him. Just my feeling. And its not just this one interview. Dont get me wrong, he has done some decent moves but just seems very arrogant to me. IMHO

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
12/9/2016  4:20 PM
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:The Knicks were down 20 at some point in the game and Melo was laughing with Lebron about something.

I like Melo but he simply isn't leadership material. He's a great one on one scorer and Phil is absolutely right, Melo is best for this team when he is decisive and quick to make his moves instead of holding onto the ball for too long.

NY media is full of horse crap. They pile on Phil any time they can they love Melo. Yet not a word when Phil makes decisions that go well like hiring Hornachek, drafting KP, Hernangomez, making the Rose and Holiday for Grant and Lopez trade. They are like vultures just waiting for something to write stir the pot stories about. I don't care Knicks are 6th 12-10 and playing decent basketball while still having considerable room to grow this year. Phil has done a really good job.

We are both competitive now while also building a future with KP. New York media have no clue what it takes to win a championship. Jackson does. What he said about Melo was spot on. He knows the game and when Melo moves the ball or takes his shots quicker our flow and offense is much better.

For a guy that knows basketball so much, you would wonder why Phil would try to turn a post up player to a catch and shoot only player? Yes, Melo holds the ball in the post. Have you seen any post players that dont. BK, Ewing, for Knick reference. You have to evaluate the defense before making a move. Plus on instant double teams, he has done a good job kicking out. Think the point is, Phil has never liked Melo as his main guy. Which is fine. But as GM, you keep your mouth shut and feelings asside in public eyes. You do so so not to hurt a team. Specially one that is winning and starting to gel. Van Gundy made a great point the other day. Why do you call out the guy that lead the team in assists last year and why dont you ever call out KP who has half the amount of assists this year? Why dont you call out the center he paid dearly for and who has done nothing? Why dont you call out the entire defense for multiple lapses in losses?

"2 Seconds or less" That is not who Melo is or any other post up player. And Olympic Melo is not a good example, as we do not have the roster an Olympic team has. And Dad Melo he was, until we put reliable point guards on the roster to help with assists. Remember, this is the same guy that critisized the Warriors for not playing basketball, "The right way" And one that seems pretty defensive to any criticsm of the Triangle or his abilitiies as a GM. I have no problems with Melo posting up down low, overseeing the defense and doing what he has done as an All Star since he got in the league. Which is take advantage of one on one defensive player that can not stop him. Does he take bad shots, absolutely. Does everyone? Absolutely. Seems like there is a double standard. Went to several games and people cheer a 7'3 guy shooting a three from 4 feet behind the line and bricking. They cheer when on PnR KP pops out to three point line instead of to the hoop for a dunk. Point is, that is KP's game, right now. Dont see anyone trying to out him in the media. Specially not uncle Phil. And again, why would a GM call out one player or, for that matter, any of his players in the media. Not a fan of that tactic.

Is there video of the interview available? On the Fan this morning they were saying that the media took just a small part of the interview out of context and that it made Phil look bad. If anyone has a link to the interview please post it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/9/2016  4:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Is there video of the interview available? On the Fan this morning they were saying that the media took just a small part of the interview out of context and that it made Phil look bad. If anyone has a link to the interview please post it.

It's completely blown out of proportion..I looked for the quote where Phil said ball hog and never saw it..I think it's the ESPN writer Begley who said Melo was the ball hog not Phil..Phil spoke about holding the ball too long..So this conversation could well be a writers spin..
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/9/2016  4:49 PM
Here it is

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/phil-jackson-carmelo-anthony-can-play-jordan-kobe-role-but-holds-ball-too-long/

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/9/2016  5:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2016  5:59 PM
Ian Begley ESPN Staff Writer

Carmelo Anthony indicated Friday that he'd prefer to hear criticism from within the team in private rather than having it stated publicly, as New York Knicks president Phil Jackson did this week, and that he doesn't want any negativity to envelop the team.

"I just feel if it was something he wanted to address and had a stance on something, the door has always been open both ways," Anthony told reporters Friday after the Knicks' shootaround in Sacramento, California. "He always sends me a text or talks to me if it was any type of problem that was going on. I always welcome the conversation with open arms."

Anthony also confirmed that his Instagram posts Thursday about ego and relationships and slings and arrows were a reference to Jackson's critique that he holds on to the ball for too long.

"I think I said my part of it,'' Anthony said of the Instagram posts. "I'm a big quote guy. Got a million quotes on my phone. Sometimes they come up at the

Carmelo Anthony became visibly annoyed Wednesday night when asked by a reporter about Phil Jackson's critical comments on the Knicks forward and his ballhandling.

Melo working on ball hog habit, Jackson says

Carmelo Anthony sometimes breaks a team rule by holding on to the ball for too long, Knicks president Phil Jackson said.

Phil: Posse comment 'something I could regret'

Phil Jackson says he erred in publicly commenting about another team's player in his remarks on LeBron James that included referring to the Cavs star's "posse."

The Knicks (12-10) play the Sacramento Kings on Friday night.

In an interview with CBS Sports Network that aired Tuesday, Jackson said Anthony can play the "role that Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant played" in their teams' triangle offenses, but he believes Anthony sometimes breaks a team rule by holding on to the ball too long.

"Carmelo a lot of times wants to hold the ball longer than -- we have a rule: If you hold a pass two seconds, you benefit the defense. So he has a little bit of a tendency to hold it for three, four, five seconds, and then everybody comes to a stop," Jackson said. "That is one of the things we work with. But he's adjusted to [the triangle], he knows what he can do and he's willing to see its success."

Jackson's comments were prompted by a question about whether Anthony can fit in the triangle offense. Jackson made it clear he believes that Anthony can.

"It's a perfect spot for him to be in that isolated position on the weak side, because it's an overload offense and there's a weakside man that always has an advantage if the ball is swung."

"I didn't know where he was coming from," Carmelo Anthony said of Phil Jackson's recent critical remarks. "He wants to talk about it, cool. If he doesn't, cool. In my eyes, it's over to me.'' Issac

Anthony didn't want to discuss Jackson's comments after Wednesday's game.

"I was caught off guard, not really knowing what was going on," Anthony said.

But the veteran forward addressed the matter Friday after reading Jackson's comments. He said that he understands criticism will come from fans and media but was surprised that this most recent critique came from within the team.

"I know it happens -- it's New York. It happens, and it's something I know,'' Anthony said.

But he said it wasn't something he expected from within the team.

"Like I said, I didn't talk to him," Anthony said. "I really don't know, kind of, where he was coming from with those comments. He wants to talk about it, cool. If he doesn't, cool. In my eyes, it's over to me.''

Anthony added: "At the end of the day we're playing good basketball. That's the only thing that matters at this point. So any negativity that's coming towards me or towards the team, I don't think we need it at this point."

Anthony said that Jackson has never addressed Anthony's tendency to hold on to the ball too long during their previous chats.

"Nothing specifically. Conversations are more about basketball and what we see about the team, the film and games in different situations. Nothing specific about me doing one thing or me doing another thing.

He said he's been receptive to Jackson's suggestions during previous conversations.

"I sat there, listened,'' Anthony said of his chats with Jackson. "If it was something good he had talked about, we talked about it. If it was something we could do better. I could do better, we talked about that. It's always been good conversation when we talked. I don't know what's going on.''

Knicks67
Member: #6370

12/9/2016  6:09 PM
I mean, I think we are better to look at the facts here. Melo does hold the ball too long, Msg was booing him for doing so. Is Phil wrong? Nope, so I don't see why Steven A Smith is coming out calling him a bully and all that, it's a very big stretch to make if he is just pointing one of Melos known weaknesses.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/9/2016  6:37 PM
Phil can say whatever he wants about basketball related issues. I don't think he needs to do this with Melo tho. The team is coming together for the most part. They seem to all like each other and despite the fact that Melo has been guilty of holding the ball too long, I think this is something Phil could make a point of in person rather than the press, cuz you know that the media loves to stir things up with the Knicks.
CrushAlot
USA
12/9/2016  6:42 PM
martin wrote:Here it is

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/phil-jackson-carmelo-anthony-can-play-jordan-kobe-role-but-holds-ball-too-long/

It doesn't have the interview. It has a commentary on it by Raja Bell.
CrushAlot
USA
12/9/2016  6:45 PM
Found it.
CrushAlot
USA
12/9/2016  6:52 PM
Definitely worth a listen. Phil was asked specific questions about Melo. Nothing wrong with what he said in context in my opinion. Also, this was a rare interview where I thought Phil actually sounded fond of Melo. This was a media creation in my opinion. I wish I had heard the interview before I initially reacted.
knicks1248
Member: #582
12/9/2016  8:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Definitely worth a listen. Phil was asked specific questions about Melo. Nothing wrong with what he said in context in my opinion. Also, this was a rare interview where I thought Phil actually sounded fond of Melo. This was a media creation in my opinion. I wish I had heard the interview before I initially reacted.

Exactly, the media took out a a small section of the entire interview, and blew up front and back of the NY post. it's becoming comical how everything phil says, the media pulls one little piece(the lack of triangle use, LBJ and his posse, and now melo's a ball hog who doesn't care).

It's really never about what you say, it's how you say it, and when you read certain sht and don't hear how the person is saying it, you can easily misinterpret, especially when it has a little truth to it.

this seems like a classic case of ....Don't Believe the HYpe..like my man chuck d said

"Used, abused without clues
I refuse to blow a fuse
They even had it on the news"

ES
GustavBahler

12/9/2016  9:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/9/2016  9:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Exactly, the media took out a a small section of the entire interview, and blew up front and back of the NY post. it's becoming comical how everything phil says, the media pulls one little piece(the lack of triangle use, LBJ and his posse, and now melo's a ball hog who doesn't care).

It's really never about what you say, it's how you say it, and when you read certain sht and don't hear how the person is saying it, you can easily misinterpret, especially when it has a little truth to it.

this seems like a classic case of ....Don't Believe the HYpe..like my man chuck d said

I refuse to blow a fuse

If Jackson had brought these concerns to Melo's attention first, I doubt this would still have been a story. I agree with Phil's criticism, at the same time, how long has Phil been here? Why does Melo have to hear of this criticism through the media? Doesnt matter how complimentary he is, thats a big knock on Melo's game that he should have addressed behind closed doors before speaking to anyone outside the organization. Not sure why this is considered appropriate behavior for an exec.

CrushAlot
USA
12/9/2016  10:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I refuse to blow a fuse

If Jackson had brought these concerns to Melo's attention first, I doubt this would still have been a story. I agree with Phil's criticism, at the same time, how long has Phil been here? Why does Melo have to hear of this criticism through the media? Doesnt matter how complimentary he is, thats a big knock on Melo's game that he should have addressed behind closed doors before speaking to anyone outside the organization. Not sure why this is considered appropriate behavior for an exec.

]I don't know. Phil was asked if running the triangle offense where the ball has to move and having a great player like Melo was a conflict. His answer was in the context of the question. Phil didn't bring up Melo. Phil has been a lot harder on Melo or avoided complimenting him in some of his press conferences. In my opinion after watching the interview this is a non issue. (quote function wasn't working for some reason.)

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/10/2016  12:16 PM
When you take his comments in the context of the conversation and question put to him, the comment was not overly critical or unsolicited.
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/10/2016  10:01 PM

Al Iannazzone @Al_Iannazzone

Phil and Melo clear the air. Anthony asks Jackson why he's always talks about him: https://t.co/a72DHt4krz
12/10/2016, 7:12:11 PM

GustavBahler

12/11/2016  12:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2016  12:49 AM
Someone on ESPN, (cant remember who) made a great point about this situation. He said that Phil used to do this stuff to his players as a coach, players could immediately talk to him whenever he said something to the media about them. There was no distance, he traveled with them, was around them constantly. Now it comes off more like lobbing hand grenades from a distance.

My view is if Phil had an issue with Melo's game that was important enough to share with millions of people worldwide, it was important enough to share with Melo first. Its the right thing to do IMO. Doesn't matter if Phil was the catalyst.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/11/2016  3:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Found it.

Such a big deal about nothing, Berman and co are a complete joke.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/11/2016  3:43 AM
I like this piece a lot:

ESPN ADMITS: “WE ARE TRYING TO SABOTAGE THE KNICKS”

Did that headline get your attention? Good. Apparently that’s all that matters in this new digital world we’re in. Clicks and eyeballs now far outweigh journalistic integrity in importance, as “The Mothership” ESPN has now shown us these last two days.

It doesn’t matter that nobody actually said that quote, just like it doesn’t matter that ESPN has been putting words in Phil Jackson’s mouth. There are no rules anymore, I guess? Ok ESPN, we can all play that game.

Granted, I probably shouldn’t be as shocked and appalled as I am. This is New York. We know things are magnified here. We know little things turn into big things very quickly, and fires regularly burn out of control when the New York media pours gasoline on it. We expect as much.

But the media STARTING those fires? That’s a different story. That’s not the New York media doing what it does. That’s malpractice.

These last 48 hours, ESPN has committed blatant journalistic malpractice, seemingly with the intention of throwing a hand grenade into the Knicks locker room and de-railing a promising Knicks season – one of the first in a long time – and as a fan I can no longer sit by and be silent.

Let’s start with an admission: The Knicks have been generally terrible since 1999. We know this. There has been much negativity from the press, and much of it has been warranted. But since Phil Jackson got here two years ago, and since he drafted KP, there have been things to be excited about. Yet much of the New York press seemingly hasn’t gotten the memo – in particular Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, who seems to think it’s in his job description to find the negative in everything that happens and “report” things that never do, all while endlessly trolling Phil on Twitter when the chips are down, and remaining silent when they aren’t.

Much of the Knicks media is this way. There are a few that aren’t. Until recently, I thought one of those was at ESPN, but recent poorly timed but mostly benign comments from Phil about the style of Melo’s play have now been turned into a national wildfire thanks to ESPN, and I for one have had enough.

It started with this, from Phil: “Carmelo can play the role MJ and Kobe played in their teams’ triangle offenses, but Carmelo a lot of times wants to hold the ball longer than — we have a rule: If you hold a pass two seconds, you benefit the defense. So he has a little bit of a tendency to hold it for three, four, five seconds, and then everybody comes to a stop… That is one of the things we work with. But he’s adjusted to [the triangle], he knows what he can do and he’s willing to see its success. He can play that role that Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant played. It’s a perfect spot for him to be in that isolated position on the weak side, because it’s an overload offense and there’s a weakside man that always has an advantage if the ball is swung.”

So Phil is saying something that NOBODY, not even the staunchest Melo supporters, disagree with – Melo sometimes holds the ball too long. In the past it has largely been because of who he’s had around him, or the fact that he gets the ball late in the clock and is forced to handle possessions himself… but whatever the reason, that statement is true.

What’s also true is that in the same interview, the same minute, Phil also compares Melo to two of the greatest players to ever play the game. Yet the headline from ESPN ignores that complimentary comparison, and focuses entirely on the negative and takes it upon themselves to take it much further, characterizing Phil’s statement this way: “Melo Working on Ball Hog Tendency, Jackson Says”

Ball Hog. One of the worst things you can call a player. And Phil DID NOT. Yet ESPN has it in their headline for an otherwise down-the-middle piece from Begley, and sure enough THAT becomes the story.

When confronted on this, Begley’s defense was “I don’t write the headlines” – a standard excuse for writers who benefit from the clicks those headlines generate, yet don’t want to take responsibility for them. Proof positive that clicks trump integrity with today’s media, and it’s not close.

Begley and/or his editors at ESPN knew damn well that “ball hog” phrase would become the story, and sure enough later that day Tim Legler of ESPN recorded a video, the title of which is “Odd timing for Phil’s ‘Ball Hog’ Comment” – a comment PHIL DID NOT MAKE.

Yet there ‘Ball Hog’ is, in QUOTATIONS, on the very same website where the headline Begley didn’t write lives.

Were Phil’s comments poorly timed? Sure. Should he have known the media would jump all over anything he said? Sure. But in this instance these guys are jumping all over things he DIDN’T say, and that, Knicks fam, is some unprofessional bull****.

Sure enough, the story quickly went national. Of course, there was Frank “Mchatin” Isola piggy-backing on the situation, tweeting about the phrase he knew damn well Phil never used.

And there was Mike Vaccaro of the post calling Phil “Anti-Melo” in a tweet (Mike’s article is otherwise on point, but that tweet was obviously very disingenuous).

All just more gas on the fire ESPN started with an incendiary headline intentionally mischaracterizing comments Phil maybe shouldn’t have made, but definitely didn’t mean the way they’re presenting them. The ESPN machine then took it from there – the awful ESPN pre-game show before the Knicks-Cavs nationally televised game spent time ONLY on Phil’s “Posse” comments before this, which is a whole other thing we can get into on another day, and Phil’s comments about Melo, and NOT AT ALL about how the Knicks had been 9-3 in their last 12, a conference best, while Melo was playing some of the best ball of his career on a team Phil essentially built from the ground up.

Call me old-fashioned, but that seems like something worth touching on when you’re a pre-game show. Might be a little more important than Jalen’s relationship with Larry Bird that literally nobody cares about, which they devoted multiple minutes to.

Then in the aftermath of a bad loss on national TV, there was the media again asking Melo himself about Phil’s comments. Marc Berman of the New York Post started it, and when Melo got annoyed and said he didn’t want to talk about it – even when Frank Isola was there like a little gnat asking yet again, trying to drive that wedge between Melo and Phil even deeper – the headline became “Melo Visibly Annoyed By Phil’s Ball Hog Remarks” – again, remarks PHIL DID NOT MAKE, ignoring the fact that Melo was clearly annoyed AT THE REPORTERS as much as anything else.

Of course Begley’s article yet again used the phrase “Ball Hog”, because it’s attention-getting. And as anyone who has seen Donald Trump brand his opponents throughout the election with nicknames, ESPN knows that this too will be a name that sticks to Melo if they use it enough, a fact you can be fairly certain isn’t lost on Melo either.

“I don’t even know what he said,” Melo said in the locker room, which was probably a lie. “I’m just focused on my teammates.” Melo did all the right things. He ignored the fake-controversy, turning his attention instead to a promising season – a season ESPN appears hell-bent on ruining.

As if all that wasn’t enough, there was Stephen A. Smith as Max Kellerman on ESPN’s “Worst Take” the next day wondering if Melo should demand a trade – again over comments Phil didn’t actually say. Smith of course said he should, insisting that he and Melo are friends (there’s simply no way SAS has any friends), and saying “Melo isn’t built for this” – meaning New York, which Melo is clearly PERFECTLY built for, as anyone who is actually paying attention and doesn’t have their head up their own ass can tell you.

“I’ve been on him to ask out of New York,” Stephen A. Smith says. And there it is. A “journalist” literally admitting that he’s trying to get the star of a franchise to leave.

So here we are. ESPN has ignited a cottage industry over comments Phil never said, spinning it all the way into a controversy that has them running entire episodes on national TV encouraging the star of a team to LEAVE THE TEAM over those very things the GM/President DID NOT ACTUALLY SAY.

That, friends, is sabotage. That, friends, is unprofessionalism.

All this while SAS – who let’s not forget ripped Phil endlessly for selecting Kristaps Porzingis, who is the no-question future of this franchise for the next 15 years – goes on to belittle the 11 championship rings Phil won in his storied career, and minimize the job Phil has done to get this previously uncompetitive team to a competitive place in a matter of two seasons.

Something sinister is at work here. I hereby call for ESPN, Ian Begley, Stephen A. Smith, Max Kellerman, and everyone else associated with that out-of-control company to issue a formal apology to Carmelo, and Phil, and all of my fellow long-suffering Knicks fans who have waited FAR TOO LONG for a season like the one we’re currently having.

This season means way too much to us to let the media mess with it, and I for one am not about to stand for it.

Please share this article if you agree. Please reach out to @IanBegley, and @StephenASmith, and @ESPNNewYork and @FirstTake, and let them know THIS WILL NOT STAND.

(Then give @FisolaNYDN a holler for good measure, because that guy is really the worst. One would think if an entire fan base hated you you’d start to take a long look in the mirror.)

It’s time for this “rabid, irrational fan base” as Kellerman puts it to get Melo and Phil’s backs, and BULLY UP FOR REAL.

*Disclaimer – These are the thoughts of KnicksDude and by no means reflect the voice of the website as a whole, nonetheless, we support his contributions wholeheartedly. The man has guts.*

http://knicksfix.com/2016/12/08/espn-admits-trying-sabotage-knicks/

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/11/2016  8:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/11/2016  8:56 AM
nixluva wrote:Phil can say whatever he wants about basketball related issues. I don't think he needs to do this with Melo tho. The team is coming together for the most part. They seem to all like each other and despite the fact that Melo has been guilty of holding the ball too long, I think this is something Phil could make a point of in person rather than the press, cuz you know that the media loves to stir things up with the Knicks.

Maybe Phil has and has seen Melo constantly revert back to ISO ball dominant Melo. He did this with all his great players. He calls them out through the press. He pushes them. Melo can be a little baby about it, but the truth is every word Phil said was absolutely vital. It is actually Hornachek who should have done it but he does not have the history as a winner to back it up. Why do you think fans at MSG boo Melo when he goes into ISO mode? They've seen enough. They want a winning team. Melo to his credit since the OKC disaster of a game has been better. However he did not start the season this way. He had too many games up until the OKC game where he was playing as if it was just him out there. Phil can get all the bad press he wants but trust me Melo knows now eyes are on him as well. He reverts to stall the offense and play selfishly, people won't ignore it anymore. This will actually make Melo play better for the team cause. As we saw in the 1st half against Sacramento.

Neither Phil, Hornachek or us fans that like this are against Melo shooting 25 times. He just needs to do it quicker and without holding on to the ball for so long. Quick decisive play or make the pass.

Carmelo Prostesting Phil's Nonsense talk

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy