[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Five Game Roadtrip
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

12/7/2016  9:45 AM
Sac, LA, Phx, GS and Den in that order... lots of airmiles...

We all know the Knicks have stunk on the road. I think I saw their record in fishmike's thread, which blew me away because they are really bad on the road. I am really looking forward to seeing how the Knicks matchup with Cleveland because I do think the team is starting to play better. All that said I really think this coming roadtrip will tell us a lot about this year's team

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2016  9:58 AM
only good there is GS. Knicks MUST go 3-2 IMO. Would be nice to beat all 4 of the sub .500 teams but I just think that asking too much. That being said being +500 and in the thick of it all I am not super worried about the record. If we were sub .500 and sinking after 20 games it would be tough to stomach. I like the direction. I like seeing many guys improving and the depth is huge. We have a lot of nice pieces that can step in do a variety of things. Jeff really has good pieces to work with and its great to see different guys thriving and contributing.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2016  10:23 AM
I know it doesn't set a good precedent but I'd think about sitting Melo, KP, Rose during the GS game.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2016  11:07 AM
Great subject!!!

Knicks are 3-6 on the road. No doubt a stat of concern but the team is 7-3 in its last 7 games and sort of coming into its own against some lite teams.

We go 2-3 I'd say that's progress and we only slip to 14-13 assuming Lebron does us tonite.. Road trips can galvanize a team. Since we have 9 new players this can really have simpatico moments.

Break it down:

Sac: I'd expect team to win this game based on record. They won't. Rose will rest and won't be with the team, he will be in LA getting "Treatment".

Lakers: team can spend Saturday, Sunday, and Monday in LA. Phil is no doubt going to be in town and get his.
Melo has a house there as does Derrick Rose. I expect Rose might want to be careful with his back Spasms. Rumor is Ron Baker was invited over and we all know Derrick likes to watch:

Knicks will win this game after good meditation session with Phil on the beach in Malibu. The unicorn will fly in LA!!! Noah will be a late decision after a few days tripping on shrooms in the desert with the spirit of Jim Morrison and Smoking the placenta from Sharon Tate (That's phucked up). The above photo is Charlie Murphy on the chapelle show doing a skit about fake reality show spoofing MTV "Real Life". The scene is a college guy is getting it on in his room with is girlfriend and then pans to Charlie Murphy watching in the dark. Laughed hard first time I saw this! This is not Derrick Rose!!!

PHX: Must win game before heading up to GSW and Hornacek will want this one. This is a big test as the players need to do this for their coach. ITs to me the most important game of the trip.
It tells me they are playing for a coach, not just a contract or for wins.

GSW: Anything but a blow out is a win. Moral win for a close game.

Denver: Team is 2-2 heading into this game and Melo 6 years later is chill, but he wants to play well. Why shouldn't he. Gallo and the Mayor are healthy and also as well. Hate to say it, but Knicks will fall a bit flat as they are tired and that mile high air don't work. This is a game they should win. I hope Im wrong!

Im assuming this is the longest trip of the year? Goal should be stay above .500 even with injuries. Shyt happens. Plan on it. Otherwise you'll write whiney "woe is me" posts how we can't catch a break.
Yes, enjoy the 4 game wins streak as nice growth spurt.

BTW, it don't matter what I think or if I set the bar too low. Knicks don't read my stuff. I know they read some of y'all stuff and they are darn lucky to have you do so!
What do I know? Knicks likely go 1-4 winning only at GSW!!!!

Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

12/7/2016  11:10 AM
fishmike wrote:only good there is GS. Knicks MUST go 3-2 IMO. Would be nice to beat all 4 of the sub .500 teams but I just think that asking too much. That being said being +500 and in the thick of it all I am not super worried about the record. If we were sub .500 and sinking after 20 games it would be tough to stomach. I like the direction. I like seeing many guys improving and the depth is huge. We have a lot of nice pieces that can step in do a variety of things. Jeff really has good pieces to work with and its great to see different guys thriving and contributing.

there is no nba 'must' in december.

Knickoftime

12/7/2016  11:10 AM
martin wrote:I know it doesn't set a good precedent but I'd think about sitting Melo, KP, Rose during the GS game.

to what end?

martin
USA
12/7/2016  11:21 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:I know it doesn't set a good precedent but I'd think about sitting Melo, KP, Rose during the GS game.

to what end?

same as Spurs and other teams

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2016  12:03 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:only good there is GS. Knicks MUST go 3-2 IMO. Would be nice to beat all 4 of the sub .500 teams but I just think that asking too much. That being said being +500 and in the thick of it all I am not super worried about the record. If we were sub .500 and sinking after 20 games it would be tough to stomach. I like the direction. I like seeing many guys improving and the depth is huge. We have a lot of nice pieces that can step in do a variety of things. Jeff really has good pieces to work with and its great to see different guys thriving and contributing.

is this your first winter following NY sports? Musts exist here where in other locations they would melt.. but allow me to clarify.. if they want to continue their "upward" trend and momentum I would say 3-2 (or better) continues that. A bad roadtrip doesnt ruin the season or knock us out of the playoffs. Does it kill or damper the current momentum? Yes it would.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime

12/7/2016  12:50 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

to what end?

Really asking.

Do the Spurs actually purposely wave the white flag in any game?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no back-to-back on the WC trip, right?

Knickoftime

12/7/2016  12:53 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

is this your first winter following NY sports? Musts exist here where in other locations they would melt.. but allow me to clarify.. if they want to continue their "upward" trend and momentum I would say 3-2 (or better) continues that. A bad roadtrip doesnt ruin the season or knock us out of the playoffs. Does it kill or damper the current momentum? Yes it would.

What you seems to be saying if they want to be 3-2 then they must win 3 of 5. To that I agree.

NBA season is a marathon. The Knicks will win if they're talented enough to win. They're not going to being losing MORE because they lost momentum.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2016  1:06 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

What you seems to be saying if they want to be 3-2 then they must win 3 of 5. To that I agree.

NBA season is a marathon. The Knicks will win if they're talented enough to win. They're not going to being losing MORE because they lost momentum.

I think a team that has momentum that has not had before (9 new players, 3 new starters and 5 with NO NBA EXPERIENCE (willy, Baker, D'Nour, Kuz and "War") is super important!
It builds confidence and that promotes instinct which promotes faster reactions, which is all about using talent. PHils Laker teams did not always play together (mnostly laker teams) and did not always achieve the goal of a chip despite obvious superior talent. The team with Payton and Malone stands out.

KP has not been stellar stat wise but the team has been winning even when he is not shooting great. Defense, timly blocks and rebounds are a bit part of it.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/7/2016  1:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2016  2:04 PM

Really why on earth would you do that, were not an established team, we can not give guys rest yet. If their hurting thats one thing, but were trying to get better and you need to gauge how good you are against elite opponents..rest brings rust you know

ES
martin
USA
12/7/2016  1:57 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

to what end?

Really asking.

You can ask the Spurs about the first and you can answer the second for yourself. Pretty sure the Spurs map out which games they want to sit particular players, some of it schedule and some of it opponents and some of it has to do with the player, and I'm pretty such it's a combo of all 3 and more.

martin
USA
12/7/2016  2:06 PM
Hypothetical: Let's say the Knicks win on the road against Sac, Lakers, Suns. Lots of minutes for the starters.

Today, KP is averaging about 36.5 minutes per over the last 3 weeks. Melo lost his shot and found it and Rose just sat the end of the game with back spasms. Let's say that trend kinda, sorta continues but the Knicks still get 3 wins. Sit those 3 against GS and the big 3 get 3 full days off before the last game of the road trip against the Nuggets and 2 additional days rest after. Maybe on those off days instead of doing nothing you put in more than average practices. Is that worth it in the big picture?

Just food for thought.

Knickoftime

12/7/2016  2:31 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

to what end?

Really asking.

You can ask the Spurs about the first and you can answer the second for yourself. Pretty sure the Spurs map out which games they want to sit particular players, some of it schedule and some of it opponents and some of it has to do with the player, and I'm pretty such it's a combo of all 3 and more.

I'm pretty certain the Spurs don't purposely what would be perceived as conceding or forfeiting a game.

Knickoftime

12/7/2016  2:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I think a team that has momentum that has not had before (9 new players, 3 new starters and 5 with NO NBA EXPERIENCE (willy, Baker, D'Nour, Kuz and "War") is super important!
It builds confidence and that promotes instinct which promotes faster reactions, which is all about using talent. PHils Laker teams did not always play together (mnostly laker teams) and did not always achieve the goal of a chip despite obvious superior talent. The team with Payton and Malone stands out.

KP has not been stellar stat wise but the team has been winning even when he is not shooting great. Defense, timly blocks and rebounds are a bit part of it.

Knicks were 3-6... they played better, it didn't require momentum. Just required playing better.

The difference between 2-3 and 3-2 in December on a west coast swing isn't going to alter their season in any significant way.

martin
USA
12/7/2016  2:56 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

to what end?

Really asking.

I'm pretty certain the Spurs don't purposely what would be perceived as conceding or forfeiting a game.

Resting your best players, multiple at a time suggests otherwise.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/7/2016  2:57 PM
This is ban material right here. Or at least post 1 pic of Sarah Shahi and 3 Jessica Albas for penance.
martin
USA
12/7/2016  3:02 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
This is ban material right here. Or at least post 1 pic of Sarah Shahi and 3 Jessica Albas for penance.

man this woman is such a babe.

Knickoftime

12/7/2016  3:31 PM
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

to what end?

Really asking.

Resting your best players, multiple at a time suggests otherwise.

They do it strategically... pretty certain it's in back-to=-back situation and/or 3=in-4, etc. etc.

They're also the Spurs. The regular season has been a exhibition schedule for them for a long time now.

Five Game Roadtrip

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy