jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/8/2016  6:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  6:54 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:And now after last night's debacle, we can have lots of threads on how Melo doesn't shoot enough.

Klay Thompson and 11 dribbles...someone else Melo needs to be like in order to have a HOF career. SMH

simple question. If Melo makes an attempt to change his game to faster scoring and less holding the ball do you think it has a positive impact on the team? A negative impact on the team, or no impact at all? Serious honest question.

Are those my only choices?

Seriously simple answer in the form of a question:
A)If Melo starts implementing his own version of SSOL and starts hoisting up 3's 3 seconds into the shot clock, or
B)never gets into his moves around the basket, or
C)never manages to evolve into an older, larger, slower, stronger version of Klay Thompson, or
D)never gets Lebron/Harden calls, how exactly is he supposed to change his game to be "faster scoring"?

If he does A) we will see the loving knick fanbase petitioning Congress to declare the NTC unconstitutional and a human rights violation.
If he does B) is he still a PF or is he a really big SG? And it's a little tough to be a SG at this age and size
C) I threw this in here because of that other thread about Klay's 60 points on 11 dribbles idiocy.
D) Maybe we start an "Occupy The Effing Refs" movement?

I'd love quick scoring. I'd love to have Lebron. I'd love if Melo was actually MJ. Or BK, for that matter.

But he's not. And I think it's a bit nuts to suggest he's going to change that much, this late. Sorry, but I don't think we're ever going to see a Knicks squad that can give us Olympic Melo.

Just saw this...kind of object to the characterization of something I wrote AS I WAS LISTENING TO THE HAHN SHOW. Was not saying Anthony should be playing like this.

Has to do with being in an optimum position to score when you get the ball, OR BEFORE YOU GET THE BALL,and not forcing the issue...you do understand this concept...right? This goes for Melo, Rose, and KP.

You are right about his age and being a moving/cutting SF, though I think he can make better use of screens and picks, which he has done at times.

I AM HEREBY HEARTFULLY SORRY FOR THE CHARACTERIZATION. As anyone on this board can tell you, i'm the Chief of the overly protective Melo police or whatever fanboy thing you want to call it.

I used to think Hahn was the last bastion of even-keeled Knick reporting, but he's turned into a low grade ESPN-lite azzhole as well, and I listen to alot of Hahn and Humpty. Way too much alot.
Your post was in the flow of what seemed to me like the normal "I hate IsoMelo, wish he was LeQ, or Chris Paul or Paul Pierce or Paul George or Boy George or ...dayum, can't they just find someway to void that effin NTC?..." so I overreacted. My bad.

Would agree with your point about optimum position, but that's never been Melo's game. His optimum position is on the court with the clock running. Should that change? absoposifucqueinlutely. Will it change completely? Well, like you pointed out, he's capable of doing it, but the mf'er wants and thinks he can score every time down. Can't fault him for that, can you? Or can you?

Even on the postgame radio coverage of the Heat game, they pointed out that Melo's calling for screens, something he normally never does. Then again, when you've spent most of your career being doubled, you're not likely to be calling your teammates over to join the party.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/9/2016  1:43 AM
jrodmc wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:And now after last night's debacle, we can have lots of threads on how Melo doesn't shoot enough.

Klay Thompson and 11 dribbles...someone else Melo needs to be like in order to have a HOF career. SMH

simple question. If Melo makes an attempt to change his game to faster scoring and less holding the ball do you think it has a positive impact on the team? A negative impact on the team, or no impact at all? Serious honest question.

Are those my only choices?

Seriously simple answer in the form of a question:
A)If Melo starts implementing his own version of SSOL and starts hoisting up 3's 3 seconds into the shot clock, or
B)never gets into his moves around the basket, or
C)never manages to evolve into an older, larger, slower, stronger version of Klay Thompson, or
D)never gets Lebron/Harden calls, how exactly is he supposed to change his game to be "faster scoring"?

If he does A) we will see the loving knick fanbase petitioning Congress to declare the NTC unconstitutional and a human rights violation.
If he does B) is he still a PF or is he a really big SG? And it's a little tough to be a SG at this age and size
C) I threw this in here because of that other thread about Klay's 60 points on 11 dribbles idiocy.
D) Maybe we start an "Occupy The Effing Refs" movement?

I'd love quick scoring. I'd love to have Lebron. I'd love if Melo was actually MJ. Or BK, for that matter.

But he's not. And I think it's a bit nuts to suggest he's going to change that much, this late. Sorry, but I don't think we're ever going to see a Knicks squad that can give us Olympic Melo.

Just saw this...kind of object to the characterization of something I wrote AS I WAS LISTENING TO THE HAHN SHOW. Was not saying Anthony should be playing like this.

Has to do with being in an optimum position to score when you get the ball, OR BEFORE YOU GET THE BALL,and not forcing the issue...you do understand this concept...right? This goes for Melo, Rose, and KP.

You are right about his age and being a moving/cutting SF, though I think he can make better use of screens and picks, which he has done at times.

I AM HEREBY HEARTFULLY SORRY FOR THE CHARACTERIZATION. As anyone on this board can tell you, i'm the Chief of the overly protective Melo police or whatever fanboy thing you want to call it.

I used to think Hahn was the last bastion of even-keeled Knick reporting, but he's turned into a low grade ESPN-lite azzhole as well, and I listen to alot of Hahn and Humpty. Way too much alot.
Your post was in the flow of what seemed to me like the normal "I hate IsoMelo, wish he was LeQ, or Chris Paul or Paul Pierce or Paul George or Boy George or ...dayum, can't they just find someway to void that effin NTC?..." so I overreacted. My bad.

Would agree with your point about optimum position, but that's never been Melo's game. His optimum position is on the court with the clock running. Should that change? absoposifucqueinlutely. Will it change completely? Well, like you pointed out, he's capable of doing it, but the mf'er wants and thinks he can score every time down. Can't fault him for that, can you? Or can you?

Even on the postgame radio coverage of the Heat game, they pointed out that Melo's calling for screens, something he normally never does. Then again, when you've spent most of your career being doubled, you're not likely to be calling your teammates over to join the party.

Good apology...but I got my eye on you...

He's had a number of games where he didn't over-dribble. That jab step move has been great at times. Depends on whose guarding him, I suppose, but it is quick and decisive.

I do hate ISO Melo, by the way, and have issues with Rose and even KP, at times. Just want to see the ball moving, players moving. Both Rose and Melo have missed various players in good position for an open shot while they were doing their thing...frustrating.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/9/2016  4:36 AM
I still can't believe all the media backlash- is saying a player holds the ball 2 seconds too long really a grave assault on their entire being? What has happened to this league?! I think melo can handle such comments.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/9/2016  8:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:I still can't believe all the media backlash- is saying a player holds the ball 2 seconds too long really a grave assault on their entire being? What has happened to this league?! I think melo can handle such comments.
exactly... and it wasnt even dont do it, just dont do it so much. Sorry but its ok for older players to make adjustments that are best for the team. Its like some taboo topic that has been brought out into the open.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
USA
12/9/2016  4:04 PM
Media alternates between making it into a drama filled issue and trying to say it wasn't anything. Phil should just say things about specific players to the players themselves and leave it at that.

But it wouldn't matter, if Phil comes out and says:
"You know, triangles fold quickly" = anti-ISO-Melo comment.
"Score faster and play great defense" = Melo is a defensive liability.
"I know MJ and Kobe personally" = Melo is a an aloof douche

I love New York media.

Melo 4 - 9
KP 5 - 15
Discuss

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/9/2016  9:03 PM
To be fair to carmelo i think its high time we start to look at porzingis and his awful defense
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/9/2016  10:16 PM
Begley making a lot out of nothing here. He usually is better than this.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
jrodmc
USA
12/12/2016  9:25 AM
NY Media hates success. It's sooooooo boring.

A weekend when the Gints and the Knicks do nothing but win! It's an ESPN nightmare! DEFCON 9!

fishmike
USA
12/12/2016  10:29 AM
Jmpasq wrote:To be fair to carmelo i think its high time we start to look at porzingis and his awful defense
everyone gets looked at and everyone not named Lebron can be asked to do more or make adjustments.

Melo with a terrible shooting game vs. Lakers but still had an impact. 7 assists, 7 boards, 3 steals... I watched every play and honestly didnt realize he was shooting so poorly until they flashed the stat.

KP is doing a poor job of being in the right spot. He's sagging off his guy to block shots and help, but he's sagging too much and giving up open looks for 3 and isnt quick/fast enough to close.

This is where Cpt. Kurt needs to get him in a room with some tape and help him figure it out. Helping is great, except when your guy is drilling open 3s.

reub
Member: #6227

12/12/2016  10:56 AM
fishmike wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:To be fair to carmelo i think its high time we start to look at porzingis and his awful defense
everyone gets looked at and everyone not named Lebron can be asked to do more or make adjustments.

Melo with a terrible shooting game vs. Lakers but still had an impact. 7 assists, 7 boards, 3 steals... I watched every play and honestly didnt realize he was shooting so poorly until they flashed the stat.

KP is doing a poor job of being in the right spot. He's sagging off his guy to block shots and help, but he's sagging too much and giving up open looks for 3 and isnt quick/fast enough to close.

This is where Cpt. Kurt needs to get him in a room with some tape and help him figure it out. Helping is great, except when your guy is drilling open 3s.

Not only was Melo's shooting bad but his defense was very porous too. Yes rebounds and assists are good but it would be nice if his defense was more consistent. Deng torched him.
fishmike
USA
12/12/2016  11:13 AM
reub wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Not only was Melo's shooting bad but his defense was very porous too. Yes rebounds and assists are good but it would be nice if his defense was more consistent. Deng torched him.
Mostly Deng torched KP.. at least his open 3s were mostly with KP covering him. Deng averages 2.7 3point attemps a game. He took 8 vs. the Knicks and hit 5. Knicks are very poor at covering the 3.
reub
Member: #6227

12/12/2016  11:22 AM
Melo could not stay with his man at all last night. It was obvious.
Melo working on his ball hogging

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy