[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is this team for real if we beat lebrons on Wednesday?
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
12/6/2016  11:48 PM
Discuss
AUTOADVERT
TLover
Member: #381
USA
12/7/2016  12:52 AM
If Knicks play a complete 48 min game we have a chance to win. If that happens then we are a legit top 4 team in the eastern conference.
KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
12/7/2016  1:06 AM
We're not winning tomorrow guys. Not only is it the second night of a back to back, but Rose is hurt, Melo is going to be tired after carrying the team against the Heat, KP is in a slump, Lebron's posse is going to have him fired up to show out in front of Phil at MSG, and JR Smith is out (meaning we can't depend on his bricks to shoot us back into a game if we get behind). So having said all, if we actually did somehow pull it off, it would be a major statement game to the league that the Knicks are legit, kind of like back in 2012 when we went to San Antonio to beat the Spurs for what I think was our 5th straight win on a winning streak (coincidentally this would be our 5th straight win during a winning streak). Everyone would have to acknowledge that we are more than a team fighting for an 8th spot, which it has kind of already begun based on the complimentary comments that Heat commentators were making about our team last night.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/7/2016  7:31 AM
The Knicks have enough to compete with the Cavs even without Rose. If Rose doesn't play then Jennings will start. I trust Sasha as the back up pg. Everyone else is good to go. The Knicks will have to be ready from the opening tip but they can compete and there is a chance we steal this game. Go Knicks!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/7/2016  7:42 AM
Is 12-9 for real? Do people ask if Boston is for real? We have the same record as they do.
If there is such a thing as a good time to play LeQ, it's now. They just recently lost 3 in a row playing little to no defense.

Just hope Melo and KP aren't worn out. I may send Spoelestra a Christmas gift for sticking with McGruder, all 6'4" 200 lbs of him, on Melo most of the night.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2016  7:52 AM
For real? Its step in the conversation for sure!!!!
"Discussion" are words vs. the deed of wins vs. loss. I have not look up who has beaten the Cavs, but Chicago did and then proceeded to go into a mini slump and implode a bit under Rondo's wonderful personality.

seasons are full of ebbs and flows, but make no mistake its a statement game.
But so is losing to a scrub team. Wins are the same in the seedings. We'll do both.

Will Rose play, and will be be ok doing so. Kyrie will mess up anyone trying to guard him.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2016  8:15 AM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:We're not winning tomorrow guys. Not only is it the second night of a back to back, but Rose is hurt, Melo is going to be tired after carrying the team against the Heat, KP is in a slump, Lebron's posse is going to have him fired up to show out in front of Phil at MSG, and JR Smith is out (meaning we can't depend on his bricks to shoot us back into a game if we get behind). So having said all, if we actually did somehow pull it off, it would be a major statement game to the league that the Knicks are legit, kind of like back in 2012 when we went to San Antonio to beat the Spurs for what I think was our 5th straight win on a winning streak (coincidentally this would be our 5th straight win during a winning streak). Everyone would have to acknowledge that we are more than a team fighting for an 8th spot, which it has kind of already begun based on the complimentary comments that Heat commentators were making about our team last night.
This... I think we come out and fight hard but just dont have the gas to finish. Its why winning the winnable games is so key. I am not worried about losing to the Cavs 2nd night of a b2b. I think to win we need some help from them.

I wouldnt worry about Rose... back spasms are funny. I dealt with that a couple of times when I played baseball. We were playing a tourney and I had come out of our last saturday game. Couldnt swing a bat or throw a ball without feeling like I was going to break in half. Next day I was fine and threw 14 innings. It could linger, it could be good today. Im not worried.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/7/2016  8:21 AM
You would think even with fatigue the guys knowing that it is Cleveland and a home game, a big statement type of game that despite the fatigue they can go all out. We ran 11 players last night and only Melo really exerted himself more than normal. KP, Noah and Rose if he plays should be fresh. Holiday, Kuz and Hernangomez should be fresh as well.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/7/2016  8:50 AM
Two of Cav's losses this season have been to ATL an Indy. teams right now not "for real".

No downside here unless there is total disfunction and we are blown out at home. 2nd of a back to back and we are in a good way.
Im more concerned about the upcoming road trip and injuries.
KP seems to have hit a bit of a wall. Kid needs to learn to pace himself?
Even Unicorns have limits.

knicks1248
Member: #582
12/7/2016  9:04 AM
It's obvious a big step in the right direction if this can happen, I like JH rotation for the most part, but I still think it needs to be a little tighter.

We also need to win without melo having a big game. Kp is rushing everything he puts up, the game is still a little to fast for him, he has to realize he is always going to be open, there's like no one in the league taller than you

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
12/7/2016  10:01 AM
knicks1248 wrote:It's obvious a big step in the right direction if this can happen, I like JH rotation for the most part, but I still think it needs to be a little tighter.

We also need to win without melo having a big game. Kp is rushing everything he puts up, the game is still a little to fast for him, he has to realize he is always going to be open, there's like no one in the league taller than you
who getting minutes right now do you think should be riding the pine?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2016  11:16 AM
FYI, Cavs have LOST 3 of last 4 (@Raptors win, @Bulls, LAC, @Bucks) and the previous game to that was a squeaker against @76ers.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/7/2016  11:17 AM
One of the most underrated factors of this team is it feels like they have the ability to overcome injuries to any player, at least in the short term, as well as any team in the league. If any of our rotation players are out, we have someone who has the ability to step up. We can temporarily replace anyone in the lineup without missing a beat, and most teams can't say the same.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/7/2016  11:59 AM
fishmike wrote:
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:We're not winning tomorrow guys. Not only is it the second night of a back to back, but Rose is hurt, Melo is going to be tired after carrying the team against the Heat, KP is in a slump, Lebron's posse is going to have him fired up to show out in front of Phil at MSG, and JR Smith is out (meaning we can't depend on his bricks to shoot us back into a game if we get behind). So having said all, if we actually did somehow pull it off, it would be a major statement game to the league that the Knicks are legit, kind of like back in 2012 when we went to San Antonio to beat the Spurs for what I think was our 5th straight win on a winning streak (coincidentally this would be our 5th straight win during a winning streak). Everyone would have to acknowledge that we are more than a team fighting for an 8th spot, which it has kind of already begun based on the complimentary comments that Heat commentators were making about our team last night.
This... I think we come out and fight hard but just dont have the gas to finish. Its why winning the winnable games is so key. I am not worried about losing to the Cavs 2nd night of a b2b. I think to win we need some help from them.

I wouldnt worry about Rose... back spasms are funny. I dealt with that a couple of times when I played baseball. We were playing a tourney and I had come out of our last saturday game. Couldnt swing a bat or throw a ball without feeling like I was going to break in half. Next day I was fine and threw 14 innings. It could linger, it could be good today. Im not worried.

Not worried about Rose because we have Jennings, he of the 9 assists off the bench.
Not worried about gas, because Melo is always pumped to play LeFlop, and has already established the "let's not blow the whole load in the first quarter" mindset. Let's hope he lives it out tomorrow.
Unless my hearing aids were bad, KP and Noah sat most (or all) of the fourth quarter last night.
I'm hoping Willy has a big game off the bench, for no particular reason other than he didn't last night.

And Fuck Pat Riley (and any other Heat commentators). Thank you, Xavier McDaniel.

Chandler
Member: #6197

12/7/2016  1:05 PM
TLover wrote:If Knicks play a complete 48 min game we have a chance to win. If that happens then we are a legit top 4 team in the eastern conference.

co-sign this message. And they have to enter the game confident and play gritty

(5)(5)
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

12/7/2016  2:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2016  2:46 PM
Caseloads wrote:Discuss

Our biggest problem could be getting into foul trouble cause we seem to get into foul trouble in every quarter of every game and Clev is really good at getting fouls called against them especially lebron.

If KOQ really is the player he's been the last few games then he's gonna be a huge help for us cause i've been pretty amazed with how well he's playing so lets hope he is this guy. L.Thomas is starting to find his shot which will be big for us and if Kuz and Hermy can keep growing as players and J.Holiday can keep doing what he's been doing then those guys will be huge for our bench. As you can see i'm putting a lot of my focus on our bench because if they can keep us in games when the starters are resting like they've been doing then we can compete with any of these teams.

Caseloads
12/7/2016  7:55 PM
jrodmc wrote:Is 12-9 for real? Do people ask if Boston is for real? We have the same record as they do.
If there is such a thing as a good time to play LeQ, it's now. They just recently lost 3 in a row playing little to no defense.

Just hope Melo and KP aren't worn out. I may send Spoelestra a Christmas gift for sticking with McGruder, all 6'4" 200 lbs of him, on Melo most of the night.

sorry jrodmc, boston is not for real...
Caseloads
12/7/2016  9:52 PM
Knicks are for fake
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
12/7/2016  10:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/7/2016  10:03 PM
Everyone in the east are fake except the Cavs and Sixers.
Caseloads
12/7/2016  10:12 PM
Vmart wrote:Everyone in the east are fake except the Cavs and Sixers.

sixers played the cavs tight. knicks, not nearly

Is this team for real if we beat lebrons on Wednesday?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy