[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

KP Vs KAT PART 2 tonight...don't miss it!!!
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

12/2/2016  10:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Has KOQ becoe the new OAK man?!?

Not a terrible comparison at all.

I had given up on the guy before this season, after really being let down by him last year, but you knew things might be different when he came in much slimmer than last year.

Great job gaining position down low and finishing... last year he would have been blocked 3 or 4 times in a game like this.

nice wally just made a OAK man comparison to KOQ. Oak was one of my favorite knicks growing up. when OAK and mase were on the floor bodies were hitting the floor.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/2/2016  10:24 PM
Knicks67 wrote:I don't know enough about the possibility of an amnesty clause in the new CBA deal but should Noah be worried? Knicks are 4/4 with Koq starting, he's a bigger offensive threat, younger, cheaper and more durable. Then you've got guys like Hernangomez who have shown a real knack for scoring around the rim with a good low post game. The front office has some rotational thinking to do here
He is simpatico with Phil. Also, no one questions Noah's passion, and motivation. The guy has just been hurt. I think he has a long leash. I have heard/read that his lateral quickness is not there anymore. I am not sure. I only watched him against the Knicks and in the playoffs. He always was playing through injuries in the playoffs and still was a guy you wanted on the court. I think you let this play out, give it time.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/2/2016  10:32 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Was saying in the previous game thread that the Knicks do better with O'Quinn in there than Noah. Again tonight, on a night KP's shot is off where he goes 2-12 and just never found a ryhthm, who would have picked up the scoring for KP? Certainly not Noah. I got nothing against Noah, but he is an energizer off the bench. You won't win many a high percentage games when you play 4 on 5 on offense. O'Quinn has his flaws but if he's around the basket or given some space he connects. How about this - all FIVE starters were in double figures. We dropped a season high in points in a half. We're a much better team when all 5 players can score and are threats to score/shoot. Teams can't sag off one of our bigs or one of our shooters. This was on a night KP shot poorly. A reguar KP night and we drop 130 tonight. Yes I know Sota stink, but we have shown we can't score enough against weak teams.

Defenitely need Noah, but his role should be where Hernangomez got minutes and to fill in for O'Quinn when he isn't playing well. Unless Noah gets his scoring ability around the basket back, teams will just keep ignoring him. I don't like the defensive chemistry with the starters and Noah either. Saw better energy tonight with O'Quinn.

Knicks should keep this rotation, give Hernangomez's minutes to Noah, and see how O'Quinn plays. When Noah comes back if we just shive O'Quinn back to the bench, I think that would be a little silly. He is doing a solid job. He hustles. He seems to have chemistry with the starters. I think Noah would thrive playing off the bench and told to go all out for 15 minutes. He could run the floor. Set hard screens. Hustle. Bring that energy you want the 2nd unit to bring. Also would give some veteran stability and a 2nd playmaker to Jennings. As we saw tonight Jennings can be very erratic. If Noah is out there with him, Jennings has a 2nd playmaker out there.

Nice cameo by Lance Thomas. Looked decent. Knows his role. Shoot the 3. Defend, Good 2-way role player if healthy.

In regards to who would have picked up the scoring, prior to tonight would you have said O'quinn? Kyle has scored in double figures twice this season and his high is 11. Loved his game but maybe you look for more than one game from him before you decide you are moving away from a guy that you planned on being a big part of your team?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/2/2016  10:41 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Has KOQ becoe the new OAK man?!?

Not a terrible comparison at all.

I had given up on the guy before this season, after really being let down by him last year, but you knew things might be different when he came in much slimmer than last year.

Great job gaining position down low and finishing... last year he would have been blocked 3 or 4 times in a game like this.

nice wally just made a OAK man comparison to KOQ. Oak was one of my favorite knicks growing up. when OAK and mase were on the floor bodies were hitting the floor.

Yeah...good times with Oak and the late Mr. Mason. Loved both of them.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
12/2/2016  11:33 PM
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/3/2016  12:45 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

What's crazy is they still aren't playing great ball yet. There's still quite a bit of upside to this team.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/3/2016  4:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/3/2016  4:12 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Okay...I'll be the first one to say it...are we a better team with KOQ starting up front with KP and Noah coming off the bench? We are now 4-0 when KOQ starts.

Some tough decisions for Horny to make. Would he bench the guy who just received a huge contract?

I think you have to give him an opportunity to keep his job. Tonight was a career game for O'Quinn. That decision isn't made based on one game against the Wolves. However, I think Hornacek would do whatever is best for the team.

OQuinn teases you. He has games of brilliance and then does a lot of stupid stuff. Hubie was saying the same thing on tv when he was broadcasting previously

Correct- I'm not falling for it anymore! He has the occasional game where you think he's great and the board says he should get more minutes, then follows it up with several games of invisible to poor play, and people start calling for him to lose his spot in the rotation. His inconsistency is why he's a bench player- like with jennings.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/3/2016  10:59 AM
OlympicMelo showed up. I don't remember one sequence in the game where Melo held the ball in iso or bully mode (or if he did it was the right situation to do so). This is the type of game the Knicks need from him. Throw in a bit more DadMelo and that would be perfect.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
reub
Member: #6227

12/3/2016  11:14 AM
martin wrote:OlympicMelo showed up. I don't remember one sequence in the game where Melo held the ball in iso or bully mode (or if he did it was the right situation to do so). This is the type of game the Knicks need from him. Throw in a bit more DadMelo and that would be perfect.

Melo didn't hold the ball at all last night. The team prospered and so did he. Let's hope he keeps it up.
CrushAlot
USA
12/3/2016  12:03 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
12/3/2016  12:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

The championship is ours!

CrushAlot
USA
12/3/2016  12:11 PM
martin
USA
12/3/2016  12:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Mavs, Pistons, @Wizards (L), Hawks, Portland, Hornets, @Hornets (L), OKC (L), TWolves, @TWolves.

Not stellar competition but not rollovers either.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/3/2016  12:55 PM
martin wrote:OlympicMelo showed up. I don't remember one sequence in the game where Melo held the ball in iso or bully mode (or if he did it was the right situation to do so). This is the type of game the Knicks need from him. Throw in a bit more DadMelo and that would be perfect.
I agree martin BUT the problem with melo has always been consistency. he would have a big game like last night then the next 3-4 games would be mediocre
martin
USA
12/3/2016  1:00 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I agree martin BUT the problem with melo has always been consistency. he would have a big game like last night then the next 3-4 games would be mediocre

for sure, consistent Dad and Olympic Melo is the sweet spot.

CrushAlot
USA
12/3/2016  1:06 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I think one of the great things about this team is that a guy can have a bad night and the team still wins. Last night the Knicks didn't have Lee, Noah and KP had a bad game but the team still won convincingly. I can't recall a game where Melo had so many open shots. This team is a lot of fun to watch.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

12/3/2016  1:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I think one of the great things about this team is that a guy can have a bad night and the team still wins. Last night the Knicks didn't have Lee, Noah and KP had a bad game but the team still won convincingly. I can't recall a game where Melo had so many open shots. This team is a lot of fun to watch.
We still have to be consistent( we are only 1 game above .500) especially against better teams. Also we have faced the Twolves the past 2 games not exactly great competition lol
CrushAlot
USA
12/3/2016  1:42 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
We still have to be consistent( we are only 1 game above .500) especially against better teams. Also we have faced the Twolves the past 2 games not exactly great competition lol
I agree. But someone, Fish?, had a great post about the first Wolves game. The point he made was not to focus on the Knicks blowing the lead but on the Knicks having the composure to win a game in the final seconds. This is a new team with 10 new guys and a new coach. They need to beat up on teams like the Wolves. Cavs in the GArden on Wednesday should be awesome.
martin
USA
12/3/2016  1:45 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

7-3 in last 10 and best in league over past 3 weeks

CrushAlot
USA
12/3/2016  1:46 PM
martin wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

7-3 in last 10 and best in league over past 3 weeks

You have to figure there would be an adjustment period with 10 new guys and a new coach. 7-3 is pretty awesome.
KP Vs KAT PART 2 tonight...don't miss it!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy